• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
My other half has been watching this & she's transfixed.
From what I've overheard when it's been on, it's pretty interesting. I'd give it a go.

Saw the first episode last night and yeah, it's a pretty great watch, heavily biased to one side but some of the stuff it sheds light on is crazy. Worth watching for sure.

Off to watch Alien Ant Farm tonight back in my home town tonight. 15 year old me is going to be very happy later on.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
INME supported Alien Ant Farm last night...

latest

It was a great gig, they only played their first album which was basically one of the soundtracks to my teen years. Met the lead singer after the gig, he signed the CD I had in my car (i left the gig at the end to get it). Fun time had by all.

Yes, surprisingly enough. Too bad they haven't had anything as fun as Smooth Criminal.

'Movies' is great and don't forget 'Wish' which was on the soundtrack to Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3. The whole first album is great, all be it with questionable lyrics:

"Tried to give you summer, but I'm winter
Wish I could make you spring, but I fall so hard"

THE WORDPLAAayyyyyyy

Mikeside

Yeah, I'd agree - interesting but skewed. You never really get an unbiased view on something like this though.

What's clear and can't be disputed is that the whole case was grossly mishandled.

Qasiel

INME supported Alien Ant Farm last night...

INME are fucking atrocious. I saw them support Serj Tankian on his standalone tour a few years back and they were just plain awful. Terrible sound, pathetic attempt at showmanship (honestly, it was just cringeworthy watching their frontman shamble around the stage) and the only good thing I could say about the performance was that I didn't feel guilty when I left before their last song to head to the bar.

Alien Ant Farm though, would love to see them!

Mikeside

INME are fucking atrocious. I saw them support Serj Tankian on his standalone tour a few years back and they were just plain awful. Terrible sound, pathetic attempt at showmanship (honestly, it was just cringeworthy watching their frontman shamble around the stage) and the only good thing I could say about the performance was that I didn't feel guilty when I left before their last song to head to the bar.

Alien Ant Farm though, would love to see them!

I really like INME. The shows I've been to have been a lot of fun, but Dave (the frontman) does really suffer on stage. I think he has pretty bad anxiety

NinjaBoiX

Listening to Black On Both Sides for the first time in years, still sounds amazing:

Mos Def - Mathematics

"When the minimum wage is $5.15,
You best believe you gotta find a new grind to get the cream,
The white unemployment rate? It's nearly triple for black,
Especially those front-liners with their gun in your back,"

Mint.

Am I the only one to enjoy RHLSTP here?

This week's guest is David Mitchell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e06CLqDjHX0

Ooh good call. I need to catch up. I watched a bunch over Christmas after sort of forgetting it for a while - and it's a good laugh.

My other two funny podcast recommendations right now are Jon Holmes on Radio X, and Adam Buxton which might be my favourite right now. It's not like the 6Music show (except one special with Joe was a bit more like it) but it's him interviewing interesting people and being silly, with the occasional silly song too. IIiiiii've added one more podcast to the giant podcast bin, and now you've picked it up and started listeninggg...

Sure, there's serious podcasts, but funny and dumb is good.

Qasiel

Cheers for the heads up, Blue Lou. I listen to a lot of podcasts (such as Smodcast) but I've run out of them and could always do with listening to more. I'll check it out.

Koriandrr

any Londoners around know a cool place for a photoshoot with a Ringabell (Bravely Default) cosplayer? We were thinking we'd go V&A since shooting is allowed, but apparently sharing isn't.... :(

Kew Gardens is plan B so far, but I was hoping there'd be something 'posh' and cool around!

The_Poet

Banned
any Londoners around know a cool place for a photoshoot with a Ringabell (Bravely Default) cosplayer? We were thinking we'd go V&A since shooting is allowed, but apparently sharing isn't.... :(

Kew Gardens is plan B so far, but I was hoping there'd be something 'posh' and cool around!

Primrose hill is quite nice

Koriandrr

Yep the view is simply fantastic.

Depends what kind of posh you are looking for.

well, if you look at Bravely Default it has 3 types of environments - medieval, with loads of brickwork and greens, victorian kind of posh with loads of details and cathedrals. I like the idea of a cool cathedral/church place, but don't know any in London that aren't the worst tourist spot in the world a.k.a. St Pauls.

EDIT:
Bansko I think.

I'm originally from Bulgaria. Bansko is pretty good, but also veeeeeery touristy in the past few years. Totally changed after all the tourists flooded in. Pro tip: there's 3 mountains in the country, this isn't the only place. I'd look at Mt. Vitosha. It's a lift away from the capital AND has some epic skiing places, as well as an abandoned ex-russian creepy building at the top that's pretty cool to see.

The_Poet

Banned
I'm originally from Bulgaria. Bansko is pretty good, but also veeeeeery touristy in the past few years. Totally changed after all the tourists flooded in. Pro tip: there's 3 mountains in the country, this isn't the only place. I'd look at Mt. Vitosha. It's a lift away from the capital AND has some epic skiing places, as well as an abandoned ex-russian creepy building at the top that's pretty cool to see.

Ah cool, yeh I didn't really get to chose where to go, I'm going with my cousins family as one of them dropped out after it was already booked so I just filled his spot.

The Russian creepy building sounds awesome, might check out Mt. Vitosha next time!

NinjaBoiX

So Cy is a Bronie now? Actually kind of makes sense to be fair. Not sure if this improves or diminishes my opinion of him.

Perhaps it simply maintains it at a level of mildly concerned indifference.
Booked skiing for next month! Not been since I was a kid. We are going to Bulgaria for it, I didn't even know they had any decent ski resorts but apparently they do.

I've been looking for inspiration regarding what ski wear to get and I came across this documentary of skiing in Germany during the 80's. I need to get myself a far out ski-suit
I'm going to Avoriaz for a week in March, not sure whether to just rent ski wear when I'm there or buy some. It's pretty bulky to travel with and pricey to only be used very occasionally, but at the same time the rental stuff will probably be pretty worn out and of questionable aesthetic appeal.

Hmm...

The_Poet

Banned
So Cy is a Bronie now? Actually kind of makes sense to be fair. Not sure if this improves or diminishes my opinion of him.

Perhaps it simply maintains it at a level of mildly concerned indifference.

I'm going to Avoriaz for a week in March, not sure whether to just rent ski wear when I'm there or buy some. It's pretty bulky to travel with and pricey to only be used very occasionally, but at the same time the rental stuff will probably be pretty worn out and of questionable aesthetic appeal.

Hmm...

You could do what I'm actually doing and borrow a friends gear. You might be hard pressed to find middle class people in Manchester though

Bansko I think.

Bansko is the best one, for runs anyway. Be sure to pop into the old town for dinner. Beware the nursery slope if it's icy.

Hmm...

TK Maxx does really good ski wear, good brands, and it's cheap because it's usually last years range. Wear the ski jacket so you don't have to pack it. Make sure you get a couple of pairs of decent ski socks, they're a must.

Reknoc

well, if you look at Bravely Default it has 3 types of environments - medieval, with loads of brickwork and greens, victorian kind of posh with loads of details and cathedrals. I like the idea of a cool cathedral/church place, but don't know any in London that aren't the worst tourist spot in the world a.k.a. St Pauls.

Well if it's for a Bravely thing then surely the Royal Observatory is the place to go, y'know like, time, travel, and the sharp declines of quality that come with it.

Mikeside

Bansko is the best one, for runs anyway. Be sure to pop into the old town for dinner. Beware the nursery slope if it's icy.

TK Maxx does really good ski wear, good brands, and it's cheap because it's usually last years range. Wear the ski jacket so you don't have to pack it. Make sure you get a couple of pairs of decent ski socks, they're a must.

Exactly what I did when I went skiing a few years ago

Tkmaxx and wear it on the plane. Buy 2 pairs of socks/day

NinjaBoiX

Thinking about it I have plenty of suitable coats to wear, probably rock my red Element Alder:

an8KspV.jpg

I've got loads of sweaters and hoodies to wear underneath and hats for my baldy bonce so I'll just get some decent, waterproof trousers and a load of thick socks.

Maybe some long johns.

I've always aspired to be the kind of guy that wears long johns.

Top Bottom