• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Tash I'm not ignoring you, I'm just not sure what to say. Uni was an absolute mind fuck for me, just ceaseless chaos every day. I can't even remember the names of my friends. But I hope you are ok.

that's disgusting and perverse

That's how I roll.

Nice one Tash, you guys are young and carefree enough that if the only problem you have is the balance of time you afford the relationship then it's definitely worth persevering with. Hope it works out bro!

Plus, make up sex is mint.

Yeah, pretty good thanks! Really tired from the weekend, working Friday and Saturday night, then a pretty late one with the bro last night. Could really use a power nap truth be told!

Got a date tonight, taking this bird I work with to a wine tasting night at Proof. Well I say date, we're just good pals really but we've always had a bit of a flirty vibe. She's what you might call a "good time girl" and has made it clear she's not adverse to the idea of engaging in intercourse.

Will strap up.

Haha! Go forth! Sounds like just the ticket.

I'm okay, if not a bit tired since I've been running around like an idiot for the past 4 hours handing stuff in, printing uni work out, carrying a lot of stuff, trying to find where my parcel is etc.

Ugh. My sympathies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Well if your iTunes is set up to automatically manage your library it will save the files into a new folder when you open the tracks. If you've opted to manually manage your files you'll have to copy them from the Dropbox folder to somewhere else on your PC so they are not lost if they are deleted from the original Dropbox folder.

Cheers, BGBW. Can I use manual and drop them into the 'Automatically add to iTunes' folder? Will the playlists survive impact?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Cheers, BGBW. Can I use manual and drop them into the 'Automatically add to iTunes' folder? Will the playlists survive impact?

Well the "playlists" are more compilation albums so if they were tagged properly they should stay together.

If you're going to use the manual method I suggest you first copy the files to wherever you want to store them on your PC (which can include iTunes' folder) and then open them in iTunes. If you open them first then iTunes will associate the files in your iTunes library with those in the DropBox. Copying them first bypasses this problem.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Well the "playlists" are more compilation albums so if they were tagged properly they should stay together.

If you're going to use the manual method I suggest you first copy the files to wherever you want to store them on your PC (which can include iTunes' folder) and then open them in iTunes. If you open them first then iTunes will associate the files in your iTunes library with those in the DropBox. Copying them first bypasses this problem.

Nice one!

If we're going back to the mixtapes we made, is there any appetite for a new effort?

A fair amount of us put things together, it's difficult to gauge how many of us listened to them in the end but I thought it was a fair success.

NinjaBoiX

You got some aural goodness coming Meat! Mine, Jed's and Sploatee's are the best, truth facts.

I expect a brief review of each mixtape outlining general thoughts, favourite tracks and areas for improvement. This is serious business.
If we're going back to the mixtapes we made, is there any appetite for a new effort?

A fair amount of us put things together, it's difficult to gauge how many of us listened to them in the end but I thought it was a fair success.
I'd love to do another one, but I don't have access to a laptop stuffed with tunes anymore.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Can I just get through these first! :D

You got some aural goodness coming Meat! Mine, Jed's and Sploatee's are the best, truth facts.

I expect a brief review of each mixtape outlining general thoughts, favourite tracks and areas of improvement. This is serious business.

You ain't heard mine yet. Not sure whether to go full crazy, actually listenable or entirely brass. XD

I'll definitely post some thoughts. May take a little while... say, another year or so?

EDIT: also I just realised this is a paradox. If you're telling the truth when you say you only tell lies, then you don't only tell lies. And if you're lying when you say you only tell lies, it means you sometimes tell the truth, and you don't only tell lies.

In my defence, it was 6am!

Plus, make up sex is mint.

I had make up sex with an ex I hadn't talked to for about three years. It was fucking excellent.

But now we're not talking again.

NinjaBoiX

Made up sex is the bestest, just ask noffles or whatever the fuck his stupid name is.
My mix tape is called '90 minutes of Silence' and is a .docx file type.
himZD0M.gif

i always get 'mixtapes' mixed up (arf arf) with MIXES. one is where you just give a load of songs you taped off of the radio to someone you fancy with their name biro'd on the front and the other is something a guy like kanye does and gets load of press attention from the likes of pitchfork.

right?

wait shit. it looks like they're both called mixtapes. huh. what amount of work are we doing here, beat matching? fade ins? or are we just putting songs together in an aesthetically pleasing order?

NinjaBoiX

Woah, 8bit made a mixtape? Must've been a late addition, I missed that one.

Gimme, I'm visualising parsnips dripping with butter right now...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So we're talking about the Big N eh?

Well this week Majora's Mask comes out. Wonder if I'll complete DQVI by then.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So we're talking about the Big N eh?

Well this week Majora's Mask comes out. Wonder if I'll complete DQVI by then.

No! We're talking about Capital N. Capital N > Big N.

however, Big N > little n.

I really think as a community we need to rally around N.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Resist. Urge. To. Buy. New. 3ds. Cannot. Afford. But. Want. But. Why?. Because. Vita. Dying. No. New. Interesting. Games. Like. There. Used. To. Be. Apart. From. JRPG. And. VN. Aheneofhenemslsiwbwmsosjnsmw

Edit. No. I'm going to finally teach myself Latin instead. Yes.

Moving on.

I strongly recommend Bitter Lake, a documentary film on iPlayer. The central theme is that we live in a world where our perception of world events is so simplified that we no longer understand them. The film focuses on Afghanistan and goes further back in history than most.

The way it's presented is very unique. Lots of crackling dated footage, taken from awkward or unconventional angles that lingers for an almost uncomfortable amount of time on it's subject, all set to an eerie and oppressive soundtrack. All together with Adam Curtis' fantastic narration and you have a very surreal but captivating film.

Volotaire

I strongly recommend you guys to think of a title for the Election Thread I'll have up in a month or so. I will also strongly consider your strong recommendation about that documentary.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Moving on.

I strongly recommend Bitter Lake, a documentary film on iPlayer. The central theme is that we live in a world where our perception of world events is so simplified that we no longer understand them. The film focuses on Afghanistan and goes further back in history than most.

The way it's presented is very unique. Lots of crackling dated footage, taken from awkward or unconventional angles that lingers for an almost uncomfortable amount of time on it's subject, all set to an eerie and oppressive soundtrack. All together with Adam Curtis' fantastic narration and you have a very surreal but captivating film.

I love Adam Curtis. Part 3 of 'All Watched Over By Machines of Loving Grace' is one of the most harrowing bits of television I've ever seen.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Moving on.

But your enjoyment was just an illusion.

I strongly recommend you guys to think of a title for the Election Thread I'll have up in a month or so. I will also strongly consider your strong recommendation about that documentary.

DEMURE BRIGAND HAVING MULTITUDE OF THOUGHTS STRONK

I have noted your history of requests for thread titles and as before I shall ponder. Perhaps it is worth repeating here however that you are looking for neutral titles.

Top Bottom