• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Still playing Human Revolution on "Give Me Dues Ex" mode. I decided to up the ante by also trying to make this a pacifist run. I don't think I've killed anyone yet, at least not on purpose, so we'll see if I actually get the achievement. Missions are getting harder because some of the enemy patrols are crazy dense but it is really rewarding to play a stealth build that basically just uses tranq darts and take downs combined with hacking and tasering the shit out of saps who patrol alone.

I almost had an aneurysm replaying the police headquarters mission about 10 times because I thought I had to sneak through the first floor where there were like a billion cops. Finally give up and backtrack to a different part of the station when I see a door I hadn't gone through at basically the start of the level and it was the one I needed. I really like playing the game this way and it's cool using the social enhancer to psyche people out and get extra rewards.

One thing that is annoying is sometimes random guards and enemies will die from getting shocked with the taser or hit with a tranq dart and I don't know why. Which pisses me off because I will always compulsively reload and just try to avoid that guard to not kill them.

Still playing Human Revolution on "Give Me Dues Ex" mode. I decided to up the ante by also trying to make this a pacifist run. I don't think I've killed anyone yet, at least not on purpose, so we'll see if I actually get the achievement. Missions are getting harder because some of the enemy patrols are crazy dense but it is really rewarding to play a stealth build that basically just uses tranq darts and take downs combined with hacking and tasering the shit out of saps who patrol alone.

I almost had an aneurysm replaying the police headquarters mission about 10 times because I thought I had to sneak through the first floor where there were like a billion cops. Finally give up and backtrack to a different part of the station when I see a door I hadn't gone through at basically the start of the level and it was the one I needed. I really like playing the game this way and it's cool using the social enhancer to psyche people out and get extra rewards.

One thing that is annoying is sometimes random guards and enemies will die from getting shocked with the taser or hit with a tranq dart and I don't know why. Which pisses me off because I will always compulsively reload and just try to avoid that guard to not kill them.

Are you playing the Director's Cut? I'd like to play it again to see how they tweaked the boss battles. I know the pain of the load and re-load Stealth playthrough though. Sometimes guards will die after tranquilized because of random collisions, if they fall of some crates or an object lands on them.

Not to spoil but there will be sections of the game where it is exceedingly difficult to play a pacifist and you may come to regret the decision.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Speaking of Deus Ex. Ex Machina is a surprisingly well done little film about AI. It avoided pretty much all the pitfalls I was expecting and the small cast all did very well. The sound and visual design was quite exceptional too. It is a very slight film, but worth checking out.

I find Question Time never worth it. I find it pure 'throw shoe at the screen' telly for ignorance and shouting opinion rather than actual reasoned debate.

In other news we just saw Phil Oakey walking round town and the GF got very excited. She is now playing Human League videos on the TV.

Question Time has struck me as something of a circus ever since the Nick Griffin debacle. Still, I'll often watch it just because it's interesting to watch politicians talk and debate on a platform they have limited control over.

Just watched a really interesting program on iPlayer about the House of Commons. So many quaint traditions that hark back to long ago and ones that grew organically. In the cloakrooms for example, MPs get a purple ribbon on their coat hangers which is there for you to hang your sword.

There was something else on BBC4 about the early days of British Synth music. As something of a Synth-Nut I thought I'd enjoy the program but by god was 95% of the music on offer absolutely awful. Phil Oakley was on it a few times. Apparently the name The Human League came from a sci-fi board game. The more you know.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Question Time is just good reality TV to me. There's about 15% politics and the rest is watching politicians squirm, before a third-party guest says something like "you politicians are all the same" and the audience applaud. This week's was good because it broke the format a little bit and made George Galloway squirm, which is something that happens very, very rarely. Say what you like about him, he's a very forceful speaker.

-

I'm surprised at how quickly I've fallen back into TLOU. The multiplayer really is great, nervy fun. I guess it is as good as all the hype. I tried playing a bit of Dishonored but the opening sequence put me off (woman gets fridged, I must seek revenge!). I tried a bit more of Red Dead Redemption too. I can see it being good, although I'll need to sit down properly to play it. Also restarted Dragon Age: Inquisition too. My previous character's voice was just so annoying I couldn't see it through. We have "The Equalizer" on the TV now and I've got a new book of Kandinsky art to pore over. Excitement!

Is anybody going to get The Order: 1886? I'm trying not to pre-order it and stick to my philosophy of buying games a few months after they come out and are reduced. It does look very interesting though. One of those "cinematic" games where the story might actually be half-way interesting.

Jordan

Not a single happy birthday.
You guys suck.

xXWLvi2.png

Question Time is just good reality TV to me. There's about 15% politics and the rest is watching politicians squirm, before a third-party guest says something like "you politicians are all the same" and the audience applaud. This week's was good because it broke the format a little bit and made George Galloway squirm, which is something that happens very, very rarely. Say what you like about him, he's a very forceful speaker.

-

I'm surprised at how quickly I've fallen back into TLOU. The multiplayer really is great, nervy fun. I guess it is as good as all the hype. I tried playing a bit of Dishonored but the opening sequence put me off (woman gets fridged, I must seek revenge!). I tried a bit more of Red Dead Redemption too. I can see it being good, although I'll need to sit down properly to play it. Also restarted Dragon Age: Inquisition too. My previous character's voice was just so annoying I couldn't see it through. We have "The Equalizer" on the TV now and I've got a new book of Kandinsky art to pore over. Excitement!

Is anybody going to get The Order: 1886? I'm trying not to pre-order it and stick to my philosophy of buying games a few months after they come out and are reduced. It does look very interesting though. One of those "cinematic" games where the story might actually be half-way interesting.

The Bankers the Bonuses, the Bankers the Bonuses...LICENCE FEE PAYER!

*applause*

I would implore you to actually not be such a fanny about the intro with Dishonored and give the game a chance. If there's a reason to dislike the game its because the game makes it too fun to abandon stealth completely and play it like an action slash'em up but then punishes you for doing so. Though I for one enjoy a game where you can use it's systems to kill a guy by getting into a fight with two guards, freeze time as a gun is fired, possess one of the guards and position him in front of the frozen bullet, depossess and un-freeze time and observe the results. One of my favourites from last gen certainly and features in my opinion some of the best examples of DLC in the form of the two expansions.

The Order looks like it could be a good game to borrow or rent. But I'm reluctant to pay full price for it because it looks like such a one-and-done game that would go straight back on the shelf, never to return once completed.

NinjaBoiX

Not a single happy birthday.
You guys suck.
I didn't get a single BritGAF wish either Mike. I mean, me! Can you believe that? This place ain't what it was bro.

I wished you happy birthday on Facebook, twice because it didn't update! Dry your tears on that.

Son Of D

I didn't get a single BritGAF wish either Mike. I mean, me! Can you believe that? This place ain't what it was bro.

I wished you happy birthday on Facebook, twice because it didn't update! Dry your tears on that.
Happy belated birthday to you as well then. Sheesh you'd think Facebook would be good enough for y'all.

<3 ya really.

Mikeside

Having not posted in weeks probably doesn't help.

I was kidding about you all sucking too.

Having a great weekend in Edinburgh - been on a walking tour, been to Mary King's, saw some comedy, got called sexy and groped by a scary Scottish lady, went to the zoo to see some pandas today then finished off with some lovely Thai food. We're going on some boat tomorrow and possibly going up Arthur's Seat.

How has everyone else been? Any interesting plans this weekend?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Having a great weekend in Edinburgh - been on a walking tour, been to Mary King's, saw some comedy, got called sexy and groped by a scary Scottish lady, went to the zoo to see some pandas today then finished off with some lovely Thai food. We're going on some boat tomorrow and possibly going up Arthur's Seat.

Happy Belated Birthday! To you and to everyone forgotten :)

Arthur's Seat is great btw. Try to go Ceilidh (Kay-Lee) dancing if you can, that's always a treat. I think that is how it is spelt.

Son Of D

Sounds like you had a really good time :D.

As for me, my weekend has been a bit chill. Got a Digital SLR camera though at long last so that's all fun and games.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I sent you a message! a TEXT MESSAGE! Did I get a reply? No! I have therefore withdrawn my birthday wishes. Sorry. E says you can keep hers though.

Happy birthday! Sorry, it's nothing personal, I just skip to the latest posts.

Sounds lovely :)

We're OK, thanks.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Well the breaks been four days, I'm going over to properly end it in a minute. I'm already an emotional wreck. Sometimes I feel like a narcissistic self-absorbed cunt. But right now I'm just a mess.

NinjaBoiX

Well the breaks been four days, I'm going over to properly end it in a minute. I'm already an emotional wreck. Sometimes I feel like a narcissistic self-absorbed cunt. But right now I'm just a mess.
Good luck fella, keep your chin up! It'll hurt in the short term and you'll have days where you really miss her, but try and focus on why you're ending it. Not gonna lie, beneath all the nonchalant bravado I felt really down about Sam when I woke up today, I just really wanted to hear her voice and ask about her day, but it passes man, focus on something else and keep yourself busy.

It's too easy to get caught up in the positives of the relationship and have a rose tinted view of your time together, but just keep reminding yourself why it ended and keep things in perspective. Think about what your new freedom can do for you!

You're just a young 'un Tash, plenty of time to live and learn! As you said before, use this as a learning experience to avoid making the same mistakes with the next one. I know I will.

Also, you aren't a self-absorbed cunt bro. Maybe just a vanilla cunt.

:p

Danj

Here's a question: why is it that most dating websites that aren't OKCupid have lots of mandatory questions when you sign up? Often they're questions I don't have any answers to, which is what put me off trying it until OKCupid came along.

Here's a question: why is it that most dating websites that aren't OKCupid have lots of mandatory questions when you sign up? Often they're questions I don't have any answers to, which is what put me off trying it until OKCupid came along.

What questions don't you have answers to?

"If you've been out of the dating scene for three years and have obtained five cats, what is the fourth cat's name?"

"Your date is on a train heading towards you at 80mph, and your train is going the other way at 40mph. What kind of date is this, anyway?"

RiggyRob

"If you've been out of the dating scene for three years and have obtained five cats, what is the fourth cat's name?"

"Your date is on a train heading towards you at 80mph, and your train is going the other way at 40mph. What kind of date is this, anyway?"

I want to know this too.

"How many times a week, on average, do you re-enact the Buffalo Bill dance scene from Silence of the Lambs?"

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

I think you need to just let it go and throw yourself out there. Sounds suspiciously like an excuse to me!

I want to know this too.

"How many times a week, on average, do you re-enact the Buffalo Bill dance scene from Silence of the Lambs?"

"You reach a crossroads and are met by three men. The first tells you he only tells lies. The second tells you he only tells the truth. The third tells you that the man to his left only tells lies. What species of demon is Cilla Black?"

Danj

I want to know this too.

"You reach a crossroads and are met by three men. The first tells you he only tells lies. The second tells you he only tells the truth. The third tells you that the man to his left only tells lies. What species of demon is Cilla Black?"

These are hilarious.

No, I'm talking about stuff that's more boring and standard. Like "How long ago was your previous relationship" or "How did your last relationship end" or stuff like that. A lot of dating websites seem to make these types of questions mandatory.

These are hilarious.

No, I'm talking about stuff that's more boring and standard. Like "How long ago was your previous relationship" or "How did your last relationship end" or stuff like that. A lot of dating websites seem to make these types of questions mandatory.

I sort of feel the need to turn these dumb questions in to a fake website thing, they're awesome.

Danj

I sort of feel the need to turn these dumb questions in to a fake website thing, they're awesome.

Sounds like a good idea for a tumblr.

EDIT: also I just realised this is a paradox. If you're telling the truth when you say you only tell lies, then you don't only tell lies. And if you're lying when you say you only tell lies, it means you sometimes tell the truth, and you don't only tell lies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I didn't do it. She basically said that she's getting councilling and signing up to a gym and sports and she finally realised how distant she had been to her friends, I'll probably see her a couple times a week or something but I'm gonna try it as it's like the main reason I was breaking up was because we were spending so much fucking time together and it was so high maintenance.. I'm happy about this for now, and I think if it doesn't work at least a breakup is agreed to be the best solution

NinjaBoiX

Nice one Tash, you guys are young and carefree enough that if the only problem you have is the balance of time you afford the relationship then it's definitely worth persevering with. Hope it works out bro!

Plus, make up sex is mint.
Everyone ok today?
Yeah, pretty good thanks! Really tired from the weekend, working Friday and Saturday night, then a pretty late one with the bro last night. Could really use a power nap truth be told!

Got a date tonight, taking this bird I work with to a wine tasting night at Proof. Well I say date, we're just good pals really but we've always had a bit of a flirty vibe. She's what you might call a "good time girl" and has made it clear she's not adverse to the idea of engaging in intercourse.

Will strap up.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Sunless Sea is pretty damn good.

That is all.

Actually, no it isn't. These Dropbox playlists from yesteryear, do I put the tracks on iTunes? Can I download that shizzle to my phone?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sunless Sea is pretty damn good.

That is all.

Actually, no it isn't. These Dropbox playlists from yesteryear, do I put the tracks on iTunes? Can I download that shizzle to my phone?

Well if your iTunes is set up to automatically manage your library it will save the files into a new folder when you open the tracks. If you've opted to manually manage your files you'll have to copy them from the Dropbox folder to somewhere else on your PC so they are not lost if they are deleted from the original Dropbox folder.

Top Bottom