• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I had to go to the Saatchi for university today and I saw some questionable things. I know it's an art gallery and pretty much anything can be art these days but sheesh. Some of these things aren't even safe to post here because of their, quite frankly, disgusting imagery.

I need to get my arse in there.

Not literally.

This is my slight issue with his work.

The narration, the use of the footage and the soundtrack come together to heavily lead you one way. Say for example, you're introduced to a new person, a banker or a politician say, and you get a piece of "scary" discordant music playing, you're naturally not going to think well of the person.

Because I'm slightly aware I'm being pushed this way, I don't 100% trust the rest of the film. Did Ayn Rand's philosophy and fanclub really have that much influence on Bill Clinton? Or is Curtis connecting very distant dots?

Regardless, they are interesting to watch.

I don't know a single documentary that isn't biased in some way... well, except Loose Change; that's a very even handed look at 9/11.

Plus, it was Alan Greenspan who was the Objectivist, not Clinton. He was the Chairman of The Federal Reserve for a very long time (from Reagan's administration right through to The Boy King, George W.). He was at the head of the table of the driving force behind the US economy, so there's no doubt he had Clinton's ear.

Not literally.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I didn't even know this thread could exist...

Hi!

CHEEZMO™;151617176 said:
I'm down. Have plans for this saturday night tho.

oh i was just being purposefully difficult for comedic effect. i can do most nights with enough notice though.

Boom McGoom. Can't do this sat either and I forgot to check last night. I'll check tonight.

Morning all. It's Thursday, baby. Let's do this!

The_Poet

Banned
Last day of work then 2 weeks off for a trip to China, pretty excited.

Im going to go to that famous street where most of the street food is fried insects, and sample as much as I can.

Will take pics.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been told I have to take holiday so I've just randomly taken the last week of Feb and March off with no plans.

The_Poet

Banned
No idea. Originally planned to visit family in Sweden this month but that fell through. This is a case of take holiday or lose it. Guess I'll just see the parts of London I've not been to before.

I hear Tower Hamlets is nice this time of year.

Skele7on

Banned
Welcome back Skele7on

*waves frantically* Hiiiiiii!

Today I will be mostly wishing it was Tuesday.

Which not only is my birthday, but my interview at rockstar.

I will bring up a lot about it being my birthday so I get this job.
I may even be prepared to take all the dicks in anywhere to get this role.

I think I'm bringing the right level of professionalism to this interview.

Reknoc

You should also bring a PC with you and during the interview throw it to the ground and start stomping on it to show how well you'll fit into R*

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

When they ask about questions can you please say the following:

"J'accuse! You misogynist macho jerks! You help contribute to a culture which glorifies violence under the auspices of 'satire'. Well, your 'satire' is puerile and unconvincing and your games are busywork refashioned into a shameless cash grab. For shame!"

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

"J'accuse! You misogynist macho jerks! You help contribute to a culture which glorifies violence under the auspices of 'satire'. Well, your 'satire' is puerile and unconvincing and your games are busywork refashioned into a shameless cash grab. For shame!"

Don't listen to this jezebel. She know not what she says.

Skele7on

Banned

That might jeopardize things

Shhh. Don't tell him!

Don't listen to this jezebel. She know not what she says.

I worry if I get the role I maybe covered in red paint and bra's and labled as #gamergate

Pls don't kill me Anita, I have to work to eat...

I feel like I have word exhaustion. Is this a thing? I feel I've made it up but I quite like the term. Been writing a *lot* of stuff at work this week, mainly promotional stuff. In fact, it's what I've been doing all week. Considering a normal week is mostly designing and building websites, it's a bit of a change.

Sure, I can do the writing and shit, but oof, I've hit the wall of 'no, there are no more words, i've used them all too many times and I no longer remember how to form a sentence'. Glad I'm not a copy writer. Oof.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Everyone has been banned for months, sploatee. The "people" you are interacting with are simply artificial intelligence algorithms that respond to the thread based on personality profiles recycled from their previous posts. You're the only one on this whole forum. It's the next level of hellbanning.

Don't listen to Jackben, he's a hick yanky doodle that can't be trusted.

The truth is sploatee, there are only two people on the internet.

You and me.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I feel like I have word exhaustion. Is this a thing? I feel I've made it up but I quite like the term. Been writing a *lot* of stuff at work this week, mainly promotional stuff. In fact, it's what I've been doing all week. Considering a normal week is mostly designing and building websites, it's a bit of a change.

Sure, I can do the writing and shit, but oof, I've hit the wall of 'no, there are no more words, i've used them all too many times and I no longer remember how to form a sentence'. Glad I'm not a copy writer. Oof.

Latin, my dear. Etymology is your friend, love. Etc. Patronising stuff, Etc.

Everyone has been banned for months, sploatee. The "people" you are interacting with are simply artificial intelligence algorithms that respond to the thread based on personality profiles recycled from their previous posts. You're the only one on this whole forum. It's the next level of hellbanning.

Don't listen to Jackben, he's a hick yanky doodle that can't be trusted.

The truth is sploatee, there are only two people on the internet.

You and me.

Whoa this is getting too real.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Odu44wYk4

Posting...has changed.

It's not about forums, or communities. It's not even about profit, resources, or ethics in video game journalism.

It's an endless set of proxy servers, owned by mercenaries and machines.

Posting, and its vast consumption of human life, has become a rational, well-oiled business transaction.

Posting has changed.

AI controlled posters carry AI controlled viruses, using AI controlled gear.

Transistors inside their chips enhance and regulate their actions.

Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Internet control.

Everything is monitored, and kept under control.

Posting has changed.

The age of ignorance is now the age of control, averting catastrophe from weapons of mass trolling.

And he who controls the internet, controls history.

Posting has changed.

When the internet is under total control...

Posting becomes routine.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
literally everything about MGS4 is terrible, some of it retroactively series- and character-ruining if you dont ignore it imo

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g

From the outside, BritGAF might seem like a happy community.

But every time I look at the thread, I see Jedeye Sniv's eyes staring back at me...

Tell him for me.

Tell him that I was the one who did it.

BritGAF...

We're not tools of the forum...

or anyone else.

Posting was the only thing

- the only thing-

I was good at.

But at least I posted for what I believed in.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
From the outside, BritGAF might seem like a happy community.

But every time I look at the thread, I see Jedeye Sniv's eyes staring back at me...

Tell him for me.

Tell him that I was the one who did it.

BritGAF...

We're not tools of the forum...

or anyone else.

Posting was the only thing

- the only thing-

I was good at.

But at least I posted for what I believed in.

One of the best bits of the entire series imo. Fox's MGS1 VO is also some of the best in the series, even just for the bits at the RAY fight at the end.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm not in work tomorrow ! And I actually went out at night ! I'm going wild! I just had some reduced sugar jam on organic spelt crackers and now I'm going to listen to Question Time while playing Metroid Prime ! Have at ye, losers !

Also, not next Sat but the Sat after? How does that sit with people? Obviously id rather go to queer places as always but happy to go to a hetero establishment for you dudes.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Honestly I like queer places more too. Less douchebaggery and alpha broism, more people just dancing and having a good time. In b4 #notallstraightbars
CHEEZMO™;151823336 said:
One of the best bits of the entire series imo. Fox's MGS1 VO is also some of the best in the series, even just for the bits at the RAY fight at the end.
Agreed, always been my favorite character in the series. He felt real even if he did have a cliche background.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
CHEEZMO™;151803071 said:
literally everything about MGS4 is terrible, some of it retroactively series- and character-ruining if you dont ignore it imo
I'll give you this...at least it wasn't GTA IV. Biggest letdown I've ever had for a game.

NinjaBoiX

Also, not next Sat but the Sat after? How does that sit with people? Obviously id rather go to queer places as always but happy to go to a hetero establishment for you dudes.
Saturday 28th Feb? Let's do it!

I'll PM Steve about it seeing as he's a part time poster in here nowadays, it'll be good to catch up with him.

Anti-social MancGAF, leave thy caves of solitude and come mingle!
Honestly I like queer places more too. Less douchebaggery and alpha broism, more people just dancing and having a good time. In b4 #notallstraightbars
I'm all for gay bars, they can be good fun but what kind of redneck dives have you been going to that are filled with douchebaggery and alpha broism?

As far as Manchester goes you can get that kind of stuff in Deansgate Locks where all the teenagers go but in the main it's a pretty open minded city.

Note: I'm saying Northern Quarter to start, loads of cool little places not full of "douchebags and bros" and some great places to eat, then on through Piccadilly Gardens, down Portland Street and into the village.

Skele7on

Banned
you guys and your crazy meet ups.

Meanwhile in London *crickets*

I literally need to be sedated today, I want to go buy a N3ds and Zelda SO bad.

Keep strong Luke, Keep Strong....

Qasiel

you guys and your crazy meet ups.

Meanwhile in London *crickets*

I literally need to be sedated today, I want to go buy a N3ds and Zelda SO bad.

Keep strong Luke, Keep Strong....

Mine should be arriving from France tomorrow. The wait is figuratively killing me. It doesn't help the fact that I'm working 12-hour shifts as of today, so when (if) it does arrive tomorrow, I'm not going to get my hands on it until around 9pm.

Volotaire

I'm still deciding between the white and black N3DS. I hate options! I was so tempted by the white but with the outside of the black system, the apparent discolouring of white systems and the Zelda Triforce faceplate, I'm undecided.

Top Bottom