• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

it's the franchise dark horse and one of the best games ever made

even if they did ruin 3/5 of the boss fights in the remake

Did they do anything to the saving in the remake? It was essential to how the game worked but idiots who didn't understand seemed to hate it and I worry Nintendo listened to them.

Qasiel

I've been playing it for most of the day and it's brilliant, just as I remember it.

Saving's a little bit tweaked as playing the Song of Time doesn't insta-save like it used to. There are still owl statues though.

Skele7on

Banned
It arrived this morning and I've managed to con my fiancee into bringing it to me at work by saying it'd be a romantic gesture.

I work 10-15 minutes away and I've promised to treat her to lunch. She's leaving me tonight to work a karaoke gig so it's gonna be the only time I get to see her.

glad to see from this and your later post you're enjoying it..

I am staying strong for the moment, but don't worry Nintendo, you'll have your money soon!

Dat ban though... One day we'll all be here and not a single one of us will be banned...

Esque7

Was in Edinburgh last week for the first time for a conference. Hopefully going back next month for some fun, what are the things to do there? American by the way, so not familiar with the area

Volotaire

Was in Edinburgh last week for the first time for a conference. Hopefully going back next month for some fun, what are the things to do there? American by the way, so not familiar with the area

Edinburgh has a Fringe festival every year in the summer, it might be worth checking it out. It's a large arts festival spanning theatre, comedy and other shows over a month. For tourist attractions, I think Scottish GAF will be more help with that.

Esque7

Edinburgh has a Fringe festival every year in the summer, it might be worth checking it out. It's a large arts festival spanning theatre, comedy and other shows over a month. For tourist attractions, I think Scottish GAF will be more help with that.
Thanks, hopefully I'll have some downtime over summer to check it out.
drink irn bru, eat haggis, get drunk and fight each other. impregnate teens.
But I can do all that here in Glasgow!

Volotaire

I think I'm going to make a Eastenders 30th Anniversary Thread. Haha. I'll probably copy some of the info from other forums to make it easier.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Count me in sploatee!

Can I assume that festivities will be concluded by 9-10pm? I can take the night off if needs be but can just as easily go to work straight after. Maybe request a 11pm start if that works. There is plenty of time to sort out a time frame I guess.

Will text/PM Steve when more concrete deets are established.

Not sure about finishing that early. I was imagining a full night out! But that doesn't mean we can't start a bit earlier so you can get your GAF on. Plus other people might want to finish early and you never know what happens. I might end up staying out by myself!

Ok. Start in the NQ. Whereabouts and what time do you reckon?

Just watched Hot Rod.

I think I need more glam rock on my mp3 player, then I can walk to and from places dramatically.

Try 'Ave Satani'. Seriously. You will feel all powerful.

Mikeside

I watched the first episode of Indian Summers last night - seemed very good. I'm hooked. It's also got me eager to stick my head in some books and learn about the history of colonial India. Only about 500 years of history to get through there. Simples.

NinjaBoiX

Eastenders is soul food for manic depressive housewives.
Not sure about finishing that early. I was imagining a full night out! But that doesn't mean we can't start a bit earlier so you can get your GAF on. Plus other people might want to finish early and you never know what happens. I might end up staying out by myself!

Ok. Start in the NQ. Whereabouts and what time do you reckon?
Cool, if we're going to make a night of it I'll probably take the night off. I think we should start on Oldham Street if we're going NQ as it's easy to find from Piccadilly, about 6 seems like a decent time. Maybe Dry or Gullivers?

Gullivers is an old school, no nonsense pub but nicely decorated and stuff, Dry is a bit more of a wanky wine bar but it has a nice outside area if the weather is decent.

Surely if you get another job before handing in your notice he wouldn't mind?

I'd have to get a good few opportunities lined up in order for him to take me seriously which is hard, as i only have qualifications in graphic design (Which full time jobs don't seem to be advertised as much in Liverpool) or bar work which i really don't want to go back to.

JoeNut

so is anyone watching #VGN (Video game nation) on a weekend? they keep on changing the format and i think they've finally got somewhere near good now. it's on some crazy channel i never watch otherwise

Skele7on

Banned
He made this position for me because i was unemployed for a few months over christmas last year then his boss agreed to it.

I'd feel weird saying "Dad i don't want to work here anymore"

Like serious advise, man up.

Your dad helped you out, sure that's cool, but you don't have to stay there forever.

He maybe your dad, but you don't really owe him to stay, if you're unhappy you're going to be less productive anyway.

Unless he put this sign on your desk.
a1e.png

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Eastenders is soul food for manic depressive housewives.

Cool, if we're going to make a night of it I'll probably take the night off. I think we should start on Oldham Street if we're going NQ as it's easy to find from Piccadilly, about 6 seems like a decent time. Maybe Dry or Gullivers?

Gullivers is an old school, no nonsense pub but nicely decorated and stuff, Dry is a bit more of a wanky wine bar but it has a nice outside area if the weather is decent.

I know Gullivers - I had a great night in there once. Either is good. Shall we say Gullivers first then we can go to Dry on the way to Canal St? 6 is quite early, unless you fancy eating. Or maybe meet at 7 instead?

so is anyone watching #VGN (Video game nation) on a weekend? they keep on changing the format and i think they've finally got somewhere near good now. it's on some crazy channel i never watch otherwise

I think I've seen that once. It was actually OK.

Like serious advise, man up.

Your dad helped you out, sure that's cool, but you don't have to stay there forever.

He maybe your dad, but you don't really owe him to stay, if you're unhappy you're going to be less productive anyway.

Unless he put this sign on your desk.
a1e.png

He might as well have.

I guess i just need to figure out exactly what i want to do instead of this. Only thing is job searching is horrible. How do i say when applying for new jobs that i'm currently working and will leave if the right boxes are ticked per say?

I feel like cause i'm only 22 i shouldn't be thinking about this so much. Just stay here for another year or so and make some money but that means sitting in an office of 5 elderly people that i cant hold a conversation with and not doing anything with my life after going to university.

I might have to make a thread.

Skele7on

Banned
He might as well have.

I guess i just need to figure out exactly what i want to do instead of this. Only thing is job searching is horrible. How do i say when applying for new jobs that i'm currently working and will leave if the right boxes are ticked per say?

I feel like cause i'm only 22 i shouldn't be thinking about this so much. Just stay here for another year or so and make some money but that means sitting in an office of 5 elderly people that i cant hold a conversation with and not doing anything with my life after going to university.

I might have to make a thread.

As someone who is looking/having interviews use this as advice.

DO NOT LEAVE JOB - Essentially even if what you're doing is awful it is probably 10x easier to find a job if you're working, even if what you're currently doing isn't in the field you want to be in.

You're a designer right? So in the evenings do that, like keep up your portfolio and update a blog/website and just keep up what you want to do, just because you have this stale job, doesn't mean you have to simply do that.

Apprenticeships are dope, sure you have that lovely little uni paper, but for real you should just look for one, you'll be a junior and do mainly bitch work for a while but it's an in.

Finally fuck man you are 22, don't even sweat life yet.

don't make a thread,

PS your dad gave you the job to help you out, if you get something in the field you truly want to do, then your dad has no right to get mad at you, if anything he'll be proud.

This is my first ever nice post on GAF, you're welcome.

As someone who is looking/having interviews use this as advice.

DO NOT LEAVE JOB - Essentially even if what you're doing is awful it is probably 10x easier to find a job if you're working, even if what you're currently doing isn't in the field you want to be in.

You're a designer right? So in the evenings do that, like keep up your portfolio and update a blog/website and just keep up what you want to do, just because you have this stale job, doesn't mean you have to simply do that.

Apprenticeships are dope, sure you have that lovely little uni paper, but for real you should just look for one, you'll be a junior and do mainly bitch work for a while but it's an in.

Finally fuck man you are 22, don't even sweat life yet.

don't make a thread,

PS your dad gave you the job to help you out, if you get something in the field you truly want to do, then your dad has no right to get mad at you, if anything he'll be proud.

This is my first ever nice post on GAF, you're welcome.

Hahaha thanks.

Yeah i'm defiantly over-thinking the whole thing.
I've got plenty of work to throw up on a portfolio so i'll get doing that.

I've found a few things that would be ideal for me and sent a few emails.

Thanks anyway, made my day go alot quicker.

NinjaBoiX

sploatee, we'll see who else is up for it then make more concrete plans, we can have early evening on Saturday 28th Feb in NQ as the basic plan for now!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
sploatee, we'll see who else is up for it then make more concrete plans, we can have early evening on Saturday 28th Feb in NQ as the basic plan for now!

Boss McGoss.

Four hour report - Monster Hunter is fun. Still feels a bit unresponsive but it reminds me of Dark Souls a bit (stamina, rolls, blocks, big enemies). This has to be a good thing

Volotaire

I think I've decided on the black New 3DS. I'm too scared of the grey/white discolouring. Now I have to decide whether to buy it now or in the summer.

Skele7on

Banned
I think I've decided on the black New 3DS. I'm too scared of the grey/white discolouring. Now I have to decide whether to buy it now or in the summer.

do you NEED it or want it now? If want get in summer.

Also saw a lot about the discoloring and you're totally right to get the black.

Volotaire

do you NEED it or want it now? If want get in summer.

Also saw a lot about the discoloring and you're totally right to get the black.

More of a 'want' than need. The thing that is pushing me is that Amazon France has it for £120. And to be honest, black looks fantastic as well (possibly better than white). It's just the SNES style buttons won't match as well.

Skele7on

Banned
More of a 'want' than need. The thing that is pushing me is that Amazon France has it for £120. And to be honest, black looks fantastic as well (possibly better than white). It's just the SNES style buttons won't match as well.

say what £120 WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME.

May have to grab that after skiing as that's a steal.

Now you have changed my waiting for it to wanting it.

Volotaire

say what £120 WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME.

May have to grab that after skiing as that's a steal.

Now you have changed my waiting for it to wanting it.

Haha yeh fantastic price, it's more closer to £125 for the black one though. I think the white one has a special deal with 4 euros off shipping.

i kinda' want a new 3ds but christ, i haven't turned my old one on in ages so it would be a really awful waste of money
i really think my next substantial purchase will be a ps4, sunset overdrive looks great but the halo collection turned out to be a bag of spanners so i am much more tempted by the playstation now.
as an aside my friend won one of those nifty anniversary playstations, lucky sod.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you're not going to use it then don't buy it. If you have an old 3DS that you still use a lot (like I did) then the upgrade is worth it.

I'm happy with my white model. Looking forward to my gingham plates arriving.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
What weapon are you using / have tried?

Sword and shield. I read an article which recommended it for noobs. Although I'm thinking of switching to long sword as the shield seems a bit pointless, at the moment rolling out of the way seems more effective.

Umm also. Can I just say that Channel Orange is still amazing after two years.

And Black Messiah by D'Angelo is the best thing I've heard in ages. It sounds like On The Corner crossed with There's A Riot Going On crossed with Prince.

Reknoc

Sword and shield. I read an article which recommended it for noobs. Although I'm thinking of switching to long sword as the shield seems a bit pointless, at the moment rolling out of the way seems more effective.

Umm also. Can I just say that Channel Orange is still amazing after two years.

And Black Messiah by D'Angelo is the best thing I've heard in ages. It sounds like On The Corner crossed with There's A Riot Going On crossed with Prince.

Oh yea, the sword and shield are generally referred to as newbie friendly weapons due to the shield (shields in this game are really good at least for lance / gunlance) and you can use items without sheathing, plus their speed but I tend to disagree. Due to their fast attacks they're really weak and are made for doing elemental / status damage which I don't think a newer player is going to be doing much of so it feels like monster take forever to kill (at least, it did for me when I used SnS when I first started). I think the Lance is better as it teaches the importance of positioning, animation, and a really good shield to fall back on.

Well you can just check the 1* quests given by the Guildmarm and do the tutorials for whatever weapon interests you.

Top Bottom