• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

RiggyRob

Did I mention how good Sunless Sea is?

i also think i want sunless sea. all my worries right now are based around videogames.

I should really look at my Kickstarter emails more often.

How is it? When I backed it looked like an FTL-like game but on the sea rather than in space, is that pretty much it?

Watching a few videos of Darkest Dungeon makes me wish I'd backed that as well.

Reknoc

I should really look at my Kickstarter emails more often.

How is it? When I backed it looked like an FTL-like game but on the sea rather than in space, is that pretty much it?

Watching a few videos of Darkest Dungeon makes me wish I'd backed that as well.

It's not really like FTL at all, it's sort of like, a Pirates! game but more about exploring an unknown ocean rather than trading and pillaging.

banofypie

Banned
I don't think there's anything better in life than farting loudly on public transport when nobody else is on the same floor of the bus or the same train car.

Absolutely beautiful.

Hello!

I'm be in London for the Chinese New Year from tonight until Monday morning. I've done the main touristy stuff before, but am looking to do the following:

• See as much of the Chinese New Year activities as possible.
    See an English Premier League game (or equivalent) in person. (I have no affiliation)
    Ramen, ramen, ramen
    Attempt to see the northern lights in Scotland (is this possible?)

Anyone know if I'm missing anything specific or if I should venture out of London proper for any events? Thanks!

Go to China Town (just north of Leicester Square)

Don't bother football is rubbish

Plenty of good restaurants just on the outskirts of China Town

Not a hope in hell

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Legit going out of tonight. Gonna put on make up and everything. I want to get absolutely steaming drunk. Sorry! Legit steaming drunk.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sometimes I feel like I'm too cool for you people.
8mJcsJB.gif

Son Of D

Guys, gals. I highly recommend you go see Kingsman. It's such a crazy film and it doesn't really take itself that seriously. Wasn't keen on the trailer but the film proved me wrong.

Seeing films at the cinema! Who do I look like to you? Monty Moneybags from the Garden of Money Trees?

Imagine if your name was Monty Moneybags and you worked in a call centre for minimum wage.

Nothing wrong with seeing the occasional movie solo. I couldn't get anyone to see Pacific Rim when it came out so I went alone hungover on a Sunday and had a great time.

I just got back from watching 50 Shades on my own.

Normally I don't mind going to the cinema solo, but this just felt wrong. It was a very strange experience, there was just one guy there, older gent with 3 older women, and lots of groups of women. There was a lot more chatter than normal, not sure if that's a Glasgow thing or a 50 Shades thing. And the ending was just bizarre.

Best thing about it was seeing the trailer for Magic Mike XXL.

Son Of D

I just got back from watching 50 Shades on my own.

Normally I don't mind going to the cinema solo, but this just felt wrong. It was a very strange experience, there was just one guy there, older gent with 3 older women, and lots of groups of women. There was a lot more chatter than normal, not sure if that's a Glasgow thing or a 50 Shades thing. And the ending was just bizarre.

Best thing about it was seeing the trailer for Magic Mike XXL.

According to IMDB Magic Mike releases on my birthday. Some friends are already trying to take me to see it on my birthday.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hooray in drunk!

We are in Vanilla it's a gay women's bar and some guy just gave out free absinthe shots. We went to other places too but it's really quiet which is weird. We had those foamy shot things nice.

Just to say I love you all and I love Britgaf insert Internet sign for heart.

Also Musha how are you? I feel like I've not spoken to you for years and years.

I did see the first one yeah. And my birthday is 31st of July. So still a ways to go.

So far away.......

Hooray in drunk!

We are in Vanilla it's a gay women's bar and some guy just gave out free absinthe shots. We went to other places too but it's really quiet which is weird. We had those foamy shot things nice.

Just to say I love you all and I love Britgaf insert Internet sign for heart.

Also Musha how are you? I feel like I've not spoken to you for years and years.

I'm pretty good thanks sploat! In Glasgow right now for work which is poo but going home tonight. How are you? Good to see you enjoying yourself you wild party animal!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

It's a well written Choose-Your-Own style text adventure with a dash of Sid Meier's Pirates! thrown in. It leans more towards text than boating, has very basic combat, and is more about exploring than trading.

Basically, if you like this, you'll love Sunless Sea.

Volotaire

I'm not sure why, but I have an irrational dislike for posters who create LTTP's who have no started the game/TV series/film yet or create one with a request for tips.

banofypie

Banned
i usually just don't post or look at lttp threads because i don't care for people wanking over a game in a circle

unless it's dark souls

Volotaire

LTTP threads are not always about celebrations, they can be great criticisms of the game as well depending on how the user found it. Same, but less so generally, with RTTPs.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So far away.......

I'm pretty good thanks sploat! In Glasgow right now for work which is poo but going home tonight. How are you? Good to see you enjoying yourself you wild party animal!

Ta! yeah, good thanks. A bit fuzzy around the edges :)

do we know if sploatee survived?

I just beat life on Survivor.

i usually just don't post or look at lttp threads because i don't care for people wanking over a game in a circle

unless it's dark souls

DARK SOULS!

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I know I'm LTTP but Evil Within is incredible. Only Mikami can truly match(get it?) RE4. I've just completed chapter 3 any tips going forward?

But seriously, this game is so atmospheric and creates a wonderful survival sandbox. It is better than The Last Of Us gameplay-wise. At least, so far. It is a shame that it is a technical mess.

LTTP threads are not always about celebrations, they can be great criticisms of the game as well depending on how the user found it. Same, but less so generally, with RTTPs.

I've made two LTTP threads since I've been on GAF. My Child of Light one wasn't exactly complimentary...

Top Bottom