• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Skele7on

Banned
Being the ignorant guy I am but seen enough to be like why would you come back to the thread if you've bren outed as an outright glitter gang member?

But who am I to judge, I once met Rolfe Harris and he didn't touch me up, must have been an ugly child.

I just had a massive pizza express for dinner and 4 glasses of wine, I'm fucked.

We're all weird in our own way, and a thread about the Britain wouldn't be Britain without out a resident pedophile.

Should we send flyers out to say that we're here?!

banofypie

Banned
Ignoring A Hat in Time, the game that will become GOTY 2015, the best indie on the horizon is Hyper Light Drifter anyway. Cuphead looks cool, but aesthetic can't drive a game alone for me if it's just a glorified boss simulation.

Or, y'know, Shadow of the Colossus.

I hated that game. I always meant to go back to it on PS3 to see if it really was the game or whether it was just me being an idiot. I think it was probably just me, bitter after paying to import the bloody thing and sucking at it.

Fuck, that game's ten years old this year.

SuperSah

Banned
Hate to contribute and keep this going but:

If CySt is really something some of you are making out, should action not be taken?

Mind you, I don't know nothing of what's happened and just thinking in event of a legitimate situation.

Mikeside

It made me watch a minute of adverts, then I tried to skip to what I thought was probably about 37 minutes because it didn't say, and then it tried to make me watch another three minutes of adverts first.

What a shit website.

What happens?

Nothing, but you've watched the adverts now and he can get his Channel 4 cheque for tricking us.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I hated that game.

Kz5RxzK.gif

I always meant to go back to it on PS3 to see if it really was the game or whether it was just me being an idiot. I think it was probably just me, bitter after paying to import the bloody thing and sucking at it.

Fuck, that game's ten years old this year.

You owe it to yourself to give it another try. It's so good.

banofypie

Banned
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hongeohoe

Hongeohoe, or hongeo, is a type of fermented fish dish from Korea's Jeolla province. Hongeohoe is made from skate and emits a very strong, characteristic ammonia-like odor that has been described as being "reminiscent of an outhouse".

Don't shit where you eat, don't eat where you shit, and defnitely don't eat what smells like where you shit.

Good god.

Qasiel

I did. CyanideFuse posted for a while but - and don't all hate me for this - we can be a pretty tough community and sometimes one person's 'banter' is another person's 'rudeness'. I'm also a bit of a thread shitter at times so I can imagine that doesn't help. Sorry, not much constructiveness. Erm. Do people even know this thread exists? Or do people lurk for a bit and decide "nah, it's not for me"? I've heard we had a reputation as being unfriendly but who actually says that outside of the thread?

I can easily imagine that this is the case. BritGAF, to me, seems like quite a tough community to get into. I think the thing about it is that there are a few members who post in here regularly and from an outsider's perspective it can seem to be quite "clique-y" (I know that was even a running joke for a while), but it's just because it's a strong community with few members in it. I lurk here for the most part because there are some good people in here, but I often see new people coming in and answering the introduction questions, but after a few posts they leave or lurk. I'm not saying that people do that because they feel excluded by the community, but I certainly can't rule that out. I don't think the fact that the WhatsApp group being regularly mentioned helps as it refines the perceived image that BritGAF can be quite insular.

Look, I like a lot of you guys. Hell, I've even met some of you and had a really good time and I think that you're interesting, fun and nice people and wouldn't change you for the world but there's no denying that there's a wall to climb to feel accepted in here. *shrug* But that's just how I feel. Hope you're all having a peachy Sunday!

It made me watch a minute of adverts, then I tried to skip to what I thought was probably about 37 minutes because it didn't say, and then it tried to make me watch another three minutes of adverts first.

What a shit website.

What happens?
There are easy ways to not see the ads...anyway.

The dude is the one asking where she is from.
iCLYKaXZg98hv.jpg

ih8dsPgkuOlBE.jpg

ib2rgsHdLfSrrJ.jpg

ib0xrBBSgufvJr.jpg

iHe3mMBVIspQ.jpg

ibtSMUxh6b8qB1.jpg

i5puu5yGw1ih3.jpg

ibugRR3SNZy3nz.jpg

Damn, Mikeside accusing me of being a C4 shill, is everyone on edge here? :p Oh right, forgot the drama of the last few pages. Every time I come in here, you lot are fighting.

Anyway, don't get why people are worried about boss rush games like Cuphead or Titan Souls. I get people have preferences and prejudices but then I just ignore any moba, tower defense, or f2p games rather than make a fuss. See no issue with a game being focused. I mean, Shadow of the Colossus is damn influential and very beloved and that's a boss rush game.

Anyway, don't get why people are worried about boss rush games like Cuphead or Titan Souls. I get people have preferences and prejudices but then I just ignore any moba, tower defense, or f2p games rather than make a fuss. See no issue with a game being focused. I mean, Shadow of the Colossus is damn influential and very beloved and that's a boss rush game.

Generally I'm quite bad at all games which aren't Spelunky. Bosses are the hardest parts of games. Games which are ALL BOSSES?!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I can easily imagine that this is the case. BritGAF, to me, seems like quite a tough community to get into. I think the thing about it is that there are a few members who post in here regularly and from an outsider's perspective it can seem to be quite "clique-y" (I know that was even a running joke for a while), but it's just because it's a strong community with few members in it. I lurk here for the most part because there are some good people in here, but I often see new people coming in and answering the introduction questions, but after a few posts they leave or lurk. I'm not saying that people do that because they feel excluded by the community, but I certainly can't rule that out. I don't think the fact that the WhatsApp group being regularly mentioned helps as it refines the perceived image that BritGAF can be quite insular.

Look, I like a lot of you guys. Hell, I've even met some of you and had a really good time and I think that you're interesting, fun and nice people and wouldn't change you for the world but there's no denying that there's a wall to climb to feel accepted in here. *shrug* But that's just how I feel. Hope you're all having a peachy Sunday!

Yeah. I think that all makes sense. Nothing controversial there! I hope that lurkers come out and say hi and that we play nice.

--

Just on the topic of really good games - I've ordered the Ico / SOTC collection and it should arrive at some point this week. Excited! I'm fairly spoilered by now but I'm still curious to see what they're like. Give me that art design, please.

I also played through Journey for the first time too. It's a bit emotional, isn't it? I don't even fully understand why. It's gorgeous.

and sorry to thread shit, but Dark Souls! I am in love with it all over again. I feel like a ninja now though, I'm taking down most bosses on my first go, even Quelaag who gave me such a tough time on my first playthrough. I think the 10 hours I spent stuck on O+S and then the ten hours I spent on Gwyn last time have turned me into a flinty-eyed veteran. There's just something about the aesthetics and the lore that I find really, really compelling. Everything just feels so sad and/or horrific. I won't barble on any more (again) but it's just amazing to play things like Journey and this - it's amazing to experience games that feel like more than just "games".

Mikeside

There are easy ways to not see the ads...anyway.

The dude is the one asking where she is from.
iCLYKaXZg98hv.jpg

ih8dsPgkuOlBE.jpg

ib2rgsHdLfSrrJ.jpg

ib0xrBBSgufvJr.jpg

iHe3mMBVIspQ.jpg

ibtSMUxh6b8qB1.jpg

i5puu5yGw1ih3.jpg

ibugRR3SNZy3nz.jpg

Damn, Mikeside accusing me of being a C4 shill, is everyone on edge here? :p Oh right, forgot the drama of the last few pages. Every time I come in here, you lot are fighting.

Awwww I was only joking!!
Cuphead looks fantastic to me. I can't wait. I'd quite like to see what's happening with Owl Boy at some point too

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, Cuphead used to be Halo 2, who used to be NeoGAF, who used to be someone else, I can't remember what his first handle was!

Nick, he's a nice guy.

Ask the mods obviously, cause intentions don't mean anything if you're not following the rules.

Don't listen to this cunt.

Tash, you can call us all cunts if it pleases you, though you might get labelled a cunt in return.

We are all cunts. While some cunts are bigger cunts than others, cunts we remain and for as long as we live we will be cunts, through thick and thin, forever.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Don't listen to this cunt.

Tash, you can call us all cunts if it pleases you, though you might get labelled a cunt in return.

We are all cunts. While some cunts are bigger cunts than others, cunts we remain and for as long as we live we will be cunts, through thick and thin, forever.

What a cunt.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
If you needed any proof that "Where are you from?" is one of the worst questions you can ask (on a first date)...

(37:45) http://www.channel4.com/programmes/first-dates/on-demand/60242-001

Absolute cringe moment XD

Yeah, First Dates is one of my very few guilty pleasure shows.

Just went on a first date and I asked that question, it helps if you know a thing or two about the world. But never ever ever say are you from xxx? Always ends badly. I don't know why anyone would sign up for these programmes, though they are entertaining as hell.

Cunt?

SPLOATSMCGOATS.
that dark souls book is awfully pretty, you should get it!

also if we need more women here then i'll guess i should just start posting photos of my face and or body huh.

the things a guy's got to do*

oh and cunt.

*i shall never do this ever do not worry.

banofypie

Banned
I'll post topless photos on 25th of December 2015.

Feel free to bookmark this post to remind me, ladies/men of alternate persuasions.

Maybe everyone should post photos of themselves looking friendly to encourage new people in.

Hold a sign saying "I AM FRIENDLY I PROMISE." Maybe some kind of machete in the other hand.

NinjaBoiX

Up for work but don't have a job for a few weeks.

Will sleep for a few more hours, get up and play video games.

Need to take my bike to the shop too, see if they can stop the peddle falling of.

All in all, an exciting day planned.
I'll post topless photos on 25th of December 2015.

Feel free to bookmark this post to remind me, ladies/men of alternate persuasions.
iunderstoodthatreference.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
1. Discussion about more female posters
2. Series of posts almost entirely composed of the c-word

:) morning all

SPLOATSMCGOATS.
that dark souls book is awfully pretty, you should get it!

also if we need more women here then i'll guess i should just start posting photos of my face and or body huh.

the things a guy's got to do*

oh and cunt.

*i shall never do this ever do not worry.

I ordererered it! Can't wait to creep myself out!

1. Discussion about more female posters
2. Series of posts almost entirely composed of the c-word

:) morning all

I ordererered it! Can't wait to creep myself out!

women love the c-word.

CHOCOLATE THAT IS. anyway enough stereotyping nonesense.
the book has a shiny cover, that is nice. i love the art books for games more than i love the games themselves. destiny was a big bag of rubbish but it looked lovely! the order 1886? pishposh but by golly was that some fancy ye olde london design!

banofypie

Banned
The fact that one of the worst swears is a slur for a fanny is enough to be offensive. But I don't think this is really the kind of thread you should be joining in with if that kind of thing sets you off. We're just characteristically abrasive as a group.

The fact that one of the worst swears is a slur for a fanny is enough to be offensive. But I don't think this is really the kind of thread you should be joining in with if that kind of thing sets you off. We're just characteristically abrasive as a group.

Who decided that "cunt" was the worst swear anyway? And why would they do that when it's so satisfying to say?

Top Bottom