• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Skele7on

Banned
I just made a series of poor decisions.

A WHOLE SHOP and I pick a pot noodle and I'm now having a pot noodle and a glass of nice four roses bourbon. Seriously, what has my life become?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I just made a series of poor decisions.

A WHOLE SHOP and I pick a pot noodle and I'm now having a pot noodle and a glass of nice four roses bourbon. Seriously, what has my life become?

A) A numb, clockwork existence punctuated by moments of clarity typified by gut-wrenching despair and existential angst, likely brought on by the consumption of subpar snacks,

B) A low ebb in an otherwise shining example of pure awesome.

RiggyRob

Multiple choice questions at university level? What?

Multiple choice questions with negative marks for wrong answers, fucking hated them in my first year.

"If you don't answer a question, you'll get a negative mark, so you might as well guess and see if you can get it right!"

Yes, the logic that we've all used for multiple choice questions since we were 6, except we weren't punished for not guessing the right answer - good job.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Kendrick Lamar's Good Kid MAAd City is amazing.

I've had it on my Spotify for a year or so and didn't click with it straight away but I get it now. He is amazing. I think I'm a bit in love with him.

Skele7on

Banned
Why_not_both.jpg

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
A!

Jam has its place but nutella is on a different planet.

Peanut butter + nutella is heaven too. Although it has about 5,000 calories per spoonful.

I had marmalade for the first time in about twenty years yesterday. It was horrible. I'm not sure if it's because I bought shit marmalade from Lidl, or whether it's just not meant to go on wholemeal toast.

(Jam over Nutella, but peanut butter over them both.)

Kendrick Lamar's Good Kid MAAd City is amazing.

I've had it on my Spotify for a year or so and didn't click with it straight away but I get it now. He is amazing. I think I'm a bit in love with him.
Nice! Kendrick is awesome.

If you want more hip hop and haven't already checked them out:

clipping (they have the best music videos, best hiphop album of 2014 imo)
Run The Jewels
The Roots
MF Doom
Death Grips
Danny Brown
Aesop Rock
Ab-Soul
Joey Bada$$ (debut album in 2015)
Logic
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib
Shabazz Palaces

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
You can call me a dickhead, insult me, slag me off all you want but fuck me mate I have never seen someone so fucking effectively destroy their relationship with 3-4 people in one message I mean seriously may the efficiency with which you alienated Paddy, Christy, Dani and me was utterly incredible like hats off to you mate you really ducking outdid yourself there. I feel like you deserve some kind of "Cunt Of The Century" medal for how well you managed to swing that one

A message I received this morning 😅

Spookie

Nothing but back office work all week. Which means nothing but authorising orders and listening to Absolute Radio. I'm getting paid extra for this too. Awesome. :D

*Declines Deans router*

SKINNER!

Banned
Loving Joey Badass at the minute too (fuck off with your dollar signs though you utter gimp), first one I heard:

Cash ruined everything around me. Cash ruined everything around me

Been blastin' the album in the car all week. Really good stuff. Love OCB and Paper Trails.

A-A-A-AH AH ABSOLUTE RAAAAAYDIO

Gotta love a bit of Matt Berry.

I've been listening to a lot of Heart FM recently. The people who come up with radio jingles must have some form of powerful mind control since "This is Heaaaart!" has been stuck in my head every day for the past few weeks.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
If you thought last er year was bad with me spamming you lot are in for it today. Work is quiet again, I couldn't sleep and my brain's sat on a throne made of muddy clouds

SERENITY NOW

What's happening, y'all?

Skele7on

Banned
So, that working from home yesterday was a bad idea, come in to an absolute snake pit.

ERGHHHH, this is why I can never enjoy anything ever.

Meanwhile, at least today is a nice day and it's one day closer to handing in my notice.

I have literally DOZENS of forms for the new job to fill out today. But after that it's all coming up Milhouse

RiggyRob

I've had a phone interview for a company to work down in Milton Keynes after I graduate, and it seemed to go fairly well since they asked me about possible dates when I'd be free to come for a face-to-face interview.

If I do end up getting a job there it'd mean moving from Manchester, so I was wondering - does anyone here know what Milton Keynes is like to live in?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I've had a phone interview for a company to work down in Milton Keynes after I graduate, and it seemed to go fairly well since they asked me about possible dates when I'd be free to come for a face-to-face interview.

If I do end up getting a job there it'd mean moving from Manchester, so I was wondering - does anyone here know what Milton Keynes is like to live in?

It is really boring and lifeless. The complete opposite of Manchester.

Skele7on

Banned

Dull is the word I would use for MK.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Well, sheeeit.

Is it just a lack of things to do, or are the residents all zombies?

It is a functional place - built for purpose. Very little culture or excitement. Lacks the buzz and energy of a studenty-cosmopolitan type of place. It should have everything you need, but nothing you want. Reminds me of where I was born (Maidstone).

On the other hand you could love it. The world is full of all sorts of people. I'm just not sure I want to meet the Milton Keynes evangelists.

Bucket loads of jobs and companies, no a lot going for the area other than that from what I've heard!

I'm off to Canada tomorrow. And you know what's mysterious? The flight out there is going to take 11h30m and the flight home will take 7hr50m. I know there's always a difference, but I've never had a 3.5 hour difference before. The outward journey is almost 50% more than the return leg! It wasn't like that when I flew to San Francisco. It must go some mad way over the north or something.

Anyway, I hate long flights. Sucking up my work internet downloading tons of shit I'll almost certainly never read. The most important thing, obv, is the 12 packs of Percy Pigs I definitely don't have hidden in my hand luggage.

Top Bottom