• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

CHEEZMO™;154986523 said:
Spent the afternoon taking the piss out of some EDL dickheads in Manchester with a nice old stranger man.

I reckon you secretly are a part time journo for Vice reporting on anti EDL activities and Furry happenings.

NinjaBoiX

Why don't you take your bullying to PM instead of shitting up the whole thread with it.
True story.

I'm not Cy's biggest fan and make my fair share of jibes at his expense, but without a dose of humour a lot of your recent posts come across as a bit cuntish tbh.

You know you're my bro Mike, but don't be a tool.

Mikeside

You guys really feel like I'm bullying? I'm highlighting a really odd situation where I don't understand how he's stuck around.

Ninj, a LOT of my recent posts?
Granted I said something to Sah which was a bit out of order on his birthday, but not really unfair, but other than that..?

NinjaBoiX

I dunno Mike, I can't recall exact instances, just a few of your recent posts have come across as uncharacteristically bitchy.

Just saying bro, you were always such a carefree poster, lately you come across as a bit of a minge!

There is a fine line between cheeky banter and petty sniping.

On the one hand, I want to make a comment about how no wonder some people think we're an unfriendly community

On the other that would just add a confrontational element to this.

So I'll just be all so lol meta and distract you by asking what you think of our Eurovision entry that's just been released seriously though look it up

Backtothefuture.gif & all, but I just watched the penultimate episode to GOT season 3. What in the name of cunts.
I feel the betrayal. It burns deep within

CHEEZMO™;155001145 said:
I would love to be a Vice reporter omg

Do itttt

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
vaudeville-o.gif

So I'll just be all so lol meta and distract you by asking what you think of our Eurovision entry that's just been released seriously though look it up

It's like they couldn't decide what kind of song to put into Eurovision, so they just made one song with every other type of song in it. I've not even been able to listen to the whole thing yet, I got about half way through and I've completely broken down in laughter at what happened.

I expect the last twenty seconds to be some kind of death metal breakdown.

CHEEZMO™;155008822 said:
tell me how

would be much more interesting than my current job

I think they take freelancers for some of the written stuff. For the videos ask them for a gig/make your own stuff and hope it gets spotted?

On the one hand, I want to make a comment about how no wonder some people think we're an unfriendly community

On the other that would just add a confrontational element to this.

I realised a while back that we keep picking awful songs because we don't actually want to win it, it costs too much to host.

That really was quite horrible to hear though. Excuse me while I go put some money down on Finland to win.

SuperSah

Banned
You guys really feel like I'm bullying? I'm highlighting a really odd situation where I don't understand how he's stuck around.

Ninj, a LOT of my recent posts?
Granted I said something to Sah which was a bit out of order on his birthday, but not really unfair, but other than that..?

Aye, you did but you apologised for it.

Anyways, MonHun4 is terrific guys, enjoying it like crazy.

Qasiel

Aye, you did but you apologised for it.

Anyways, MonHun4 is terrific guys, enjoying it like crazy.

I tried playing MH on my PSP and I also gave MH4U's demo a go, and for some reason I just can't get to grips with it and always get frustrated when the monster sods off to a different area. It's a pity really as it looks like a game I'd enjoy. Doesn't help the fact that it just got free Zelda DLC and I'm obsessed with all things Zelda.

jimbor

Banned
Back later than I was expecting as my ban was extended by a week in my absence, WTF? Must've really upset someone *shrugs*

Catching up

Respect Sploats, you'll always be the tea drinker in Wetherspoons to me.

CySt returns? The less said the better, I suppose but everybody ragging on Mike for being uncomfortable with the confirmed paedo being welcomed back into the fold is beyond parody. It's deeper than the DD/LG bullshit, do some catching up if you missed it, dumbfucks.

In my 3 weeks off, didn't really do much although got engaged yesterday so I suppose that's something.

CySt returns? The less said the better, I suppose but everybody ragging on Mike for being uncomfortable with the confirmed paedo being welcomed back into the fold is beyond parody. It's deeper than the DD/LG bullshit, do some catching up if you missed it, dumbfucks.

Let me make it easy for you, then.

If you believe he is a "confirmed paedo" or is a danger to children, then take your information to the police. If you do not believe this, then shut the fuck up, because talk like that has no place at all outside whatever thread it started in, and following someone around the forum to accuse them of being a paedophile is, as you may have guessed, bullying.

You don't have to like him, and you don't have to talk to him, but bringing all this other shit into this thread to turn others against him is unpleasant and makes this community really fucking unwelcoming. Put him on ignore if you must, it's what the feature's there for.

jimbor

Banned

If you believe he is a "confirmed paedo" or is a danger to children, then take your information to the police. If you do not believe this, then shut the fuck up, because talk like that has no place at all outside whatever thread it started in, and following someone around the forum to accuse them of being a paedophile is, as you may have guessed, bullying.

You don't have to like him, and you don't have to talk to him, but bringing all this other shit into this thread to turn others against him is unpleasant and makes this community really fucking unwelcoming. Put him on ignore if you must, it's what the feature's there for.

Oh, I'm sorry did I interrupt your flow of truly rivetting posts? Let me put it simply for you: Fuck you, you terminally dull bastard.

Next thread title suggestion BritGAF: You don't have to be a paedo or a bore to post here but it helps.

Oh, I'm sorry did I interrupt your flow of truly rivetting posts? Let me put it simply for you: Fuck you, you terminally dull bastard.

Next thread title suggestion BritGAF: You don't have to be a paedo or a bore to post here but it helps.

Fuck, man, you've had to resort to personal insults immediately? You're not even going to pretend to have a counter-point?

so that dark souls huh?

I've never even played Dark Souls. It scares me.

Lirlond

If you believe he is a "confirmed paedo" or is a danger to children, then take your information to the police. If you do not believe this, then shut the fuck up, because talk like that has no place at all outside whatever thread it started in , and following someone around the forum to accuse them of being a paedophile is, as you may have guessed, bullying.

It started in this thread.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
so that dark souls huh?

Goddammit, that's my line.

Back later than I was expecting as my ban was extended by a week in my absence, WTF? Must've really upset someone *shrugs*

Glad to have you back, chief.

That's not strictly true. If everyone believes that to be the case, what's stopped them going to the police about it?

In my 3 weeks off, didn't really do much although got engaged yesterday so I suppose that's something.

Congratulations!

It started in this thread.

It started in PM.

Jesus

R559xzh.gif

I'm sure some of us feel vindicated in blasting CS. I'm not debating whether or not he deserves it, I'm just worried that this kind of shit is going to get the thread closed.

But what's done is done, so can we just move on?

NinjaBoiX

Good to have you back Jimmy!

As for the Cy stuff, I agree that he definitely has some weird, creepy kinks and hasn't exactly showered himself in glory in the past (in numerous different ways), but flat out labelling him a sex offender is a bit gross don't you think? Suggesting people might feel "uncomfortable" having him around is ridiculous, it's a videogame message board not a crèche.

And no hard feelings to Mike, wasn't meant as a personal attack bro, you know you're my teddy bear!

Anyway...

Cuphead looks cool:

Cuphead - GDC Interview

Plus, the chick conducting the interview...

BrDzZNF.jpg

Cuphead does indeed look awesome. That style of animation is so neat.

Sad it's Xbox/PC only as of yet.

Speaking of indie games I managed to pilfer all the PS+ games before the February offer ended and then got this month's ones. So I'm up to my balls in indie trash.

I have a feeling much of it is just going to rot on the top of the pile that is my backlog. I have little interest in playing Transistor I just heard it was nawbad and downloaded it because it was there.

But I'm making an effort and currently playing Apotheon which I'm enjoying more than I thought I would. The visual style is quite nice and the gameplay mechanics are fairly solid. Mostly though I'm a sucker for Greek mythology and the classics in general. Some of the ways they link the myths up with the gameplay is pretty fucking neato. In order to get the Bow of Artemis (Goddess of the Hunt) you have to essentially take turns as prey, getting transformed into a deer that can only evade the hunter until it's time to swap again.

8bit

Knows the Score
Bit put off Cuphead when I read a comment mentioning it was all boss battles though, hopefully that isn't the case.

Spookie

I love you guys.

*back to lurking*

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Catching up

Respect Sploats, you'll always be the tea drinker in Wetherspoons to me.

Thanks Jim, it means a lot. Life is tough around sploatsville these days.

More importantly, congratulations!!!

so that dark souls huh?

Yes! I'm playing it through for the second time (on the PS3 for trophies this time, because I'm a nerd) and it's amazing how much quicker I'm going through it. It's weird - I remember everything - where enemies are, where items are... It's like the world is just part of my muscle memory now. I'm using magic this time, it's fun. Blighttown is still horrible, though. It's so grim and so juddery.

Also, the Dark Souls Design Works book has been reprinted now. Can't wait to look at all the creepy paintings of horrible things. Yuck. Just the thought of the basilisks, those spongy eye things in Lost Izalith or the insects in Blighttown. Love it!

So as it's International Women's Day I'd like to give a big shout out to all the women of BritGaf

sploatee
me

Well, I guess that's that then.

Has anyone got any ideas how we can get more women in here?

Bit put off Cuphead when I read a comment mentioning it was all boss battles though, hopefully that isn't the case.

Wasn't that Titan Souls?

So as it's International Women's Day I'd like to give a big shout out to all the women of BritGaf

sploatee
me

Well, I guess that's that then.

Has anyone got any ideas how we can get more women in here?

Ask other women on GAF to post here?

Admittedly, a large part of the problem is that there isn't a whole pile of women on GAF in the first place. And then you have to consider that most users on GAF don't want to talk about Britain and stuff.

Hell, I'd wager that most people don't venture out of the main Gaming and Off Topic boards.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Wasn't that Titan Souls?

Ask other women on GAF to post here?

Admittedly, a large part of the problem is that there isn't a whole pile of women on GAF in the first place. And then you have to consider that most users on GAF don't want to talk about Britain and stuff.

Hell, I'd wager that most people don't venture out of the main Gaming and Off Topic boards.

I did. CyanideFuse posted for a while but - and don't all hate me for this - we can be a pretty tough community and sometimes one person's 'banter' is another person's 'rudeness'. I'm also a bit of a thread shitter at times so I can imagine that doesn't help. Sorry, not much constructiveness. Erm. Do people even know this thread exists? Or do people lurk for a bit and decide "nah, it's not for me"? I've heard we had a reputation as being unfriendly but who actually says that outside of the thread?

Top Bottom