• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Skele7on

Banned
rDbB8AN.gif

Bro do you even link pics?

NinjaBoiX

I just came out from watching this at The Cornerhouse:

ugXZeTC.jpg

wut

Bored, disillusioned Japanese girl goes in search of the fictional treasure from Fargo to escape her banal existence.
Dies.
The end.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You've exposed my ignorance, I didn't know you were quoting an actual double act. I thought that was some bizarre stream of conscience. If you put yourself in my shoes the gif makes sense.

I wouldn't say fan. I just like to exaggerate when I'm around people that don't like him in order to annoy (sorry). The last time I watched a full episode of the show was probably three years ago. I certainly like Hammond less than him for reasons I can't fully explain and don't really have an opinion on James May.

As for Farage I think you picked the right word there: "personable". He's got a certain charisma and UKIP would be nowhere without him, perhaps slightly more popular than the English Democrats. As a politician I think he's quite gifted, a good speaker and I believe he's motivated by genuine passion, something rare in UK politics.But it's just a shame about his policies. I wouldn't mind if it was just a Eurosceptic party, I think that's a legitimate position. But to get where he has he's had to take an anti-immigration line which brings all the wrong sort of people to his side, party members and voters included, so the whole issue is tainted now. When I see him I see a man trying desperately to hold all the idiots in his party in line. Without him that party is over. I imagine trying to keep it afloat is pretty stressful.

That was a kind of long winded and roundabout answer but I hope you found it illuminating.

BONUS EDIT

Made me think of this song.

XTC - Making Plans for Nigel

But it doesn't annoy me! I don't like Clarkson. It doesn't mean that other people can't. A bit like peas. :p

It was pretty illuminating. Did you see "Meet the Ukippers"? I got the impression that they were a fairly shambolic bunch - a fairly incompatible mix of moderate Eurosceptics and moderate fascists. They all also were very old. I quite warmed to a few of them.

so i just watched the latest episode of girls and there was a bloody unreleased st. vincent track at the end! hoorah!

i am also now the king of this page. obey me page-peons.

For sure! I agree with your socio-political views! I liked St Vincent around the time of Actor. I had the album on vinyl but then I opened it up one day and there were loads of beetles in it (I'd kept it in the corner in our old flat). So I took that as a sign to sell the record and not listen to St Vincent anymore.

I just came out from watching this at The Cornerhouse:

ugXZeTC.jpg

wut

Bored, disillusioned Japanese girl goes in search of the fictional treasure from Fargo to escape her banal existence.
Dies.
The end.

It sounds pretty good, tbh.

Volotaire

I'm starting to get into watching speedrunning after AGDQ2015 earlier this year. The blind playthrough was the tipping edge as well as the Zelda OoT faceoff speedrun they did.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Top gear is amazing and you should all feel bad.

Day 2 of broken friendships, caught up on two topics, attended meeting for attendance and finalised my course choices. Also prepared for lab exams and about 20% through written report due Monday.

Must keep this up.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone seen the Fargo TV series? That shit is amazing. Even that sneery, pudding-faced Martin Freeman was good (and I type that with teeth so gritted that they look like broken aspirin).

Top gear is amazing and you should all feel bad.

Yes, I enjoying the ravings of middle-england cunts too.

Oh, wait. No I don't.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Sure it's a bit laddish but I grew up on it, when I was bullied in primary school it was determined I be sent home for lunch and I'd always return home to an empty house with only May, Hammond and Clarkson to keep me company.
#Heartbreak

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hey now, I didn't say that you guys can't enjoy the ravings of an obnoxious, toxic, middle-england cunt. Variety is the spice of life.

noopinionsallowed.gif

I hate cars so Top Gears is like extra insufferable lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc
"Jeremy Clarkson. I think he's either an idiot who believes the badly research, lying, offensive shit he says. Or he's a genius who's worked out exactly the most accurate way to annoy me. In which case, fair play to him. You're god.

I wish he [Richard Hammond] had been killed in that crash. I do. I wish he had been killed. And decapitated. And that the next series of Top Gear had been presented by Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond's severed head on a stick. If that seems a bit much for all the Top Gear viewers, it's just a joke. Like on Top Gear."

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I hate cars so Top Gears is like extra insufferable lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc
"Jeremy Clarkson. I think he's either an idiot who believes the badly research, lying, offensive shit he says. Or he's a genius who's worked out exactly the most accurate way to annoy me. In which case, fair play to him. You're god.

I wish he [Richard Hammond] had been killed in that crash. I do. I wish he had been killed. And decapitated. And that the next series of Top Gear had been presented by Jeremy Clarkson, James May, and Richard Hammond's severed head on a stick. If that seems a bit much for all the Top Gear viewers, it's just a joke. Like on Top Gear."

Always room for Stewart Lee.

It's all about James May.

I wish he was my dad.

Poncey-haired, plumb-mouthed, 17th Century teddy bear that was left out in the rain. He has all the physical presence of a sparrow fart at dawn.

...and not to leave him out, Richard Hammonds: sun-dried rodent husk decorated in Gary Glitter leathers, who shares a remarkable similarity to an ancient pagan offerings to a long forgotten deity.

I say. It seems you've forgotten who the real king here is. You can avatar quote me on that, if you will.
damn you king killer.

so today started poorly. was woken at 4am by someone trying to get into the flat opposite by alternating between banging on the door and crying to herself. went on for over an hour, awesome.

on topic: news that jeremy clarkson punched piers morgan confused me greatly as i was torn between 'yay the fuckwit has been punched!', 'boo the other fuckwit's acting like a fuckwit again' and 'violence? oh my oh goodness eep'.

ALSO i was sent details about a digital management course and i don't know how i feel about it because on the one hand it seems it might get me an actual, real, adult career but on the other hand costs like £1500 to do. hmm.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I say. It seems you've forgotten who the real king here is. You can avatar quote me on that, if you will.

I really don't understand this GAF king stuff.

I'm putting you on my list of "BritGAF posters who are probably nice and stuff, but I just don't understand and am therefore a bit wary of, in a similar fashion to when a guinea pig hears an unfamiliar noise". So far it's you and Sah.

Volotaire

I'm putting you on my list of "BritGAF posters who are probably nice and stuff, but I just don't understand and am therefore a bit wary of, in a similar fashion to when a guinea pig hears an unfamiliar noise". So far it's you and Sah.

I wonder what list I'm on.

Son Of D

It's just a stupid gimmick he does. Trying to get BGBW's attention.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
It's just a stupid gimmick he does. Trying to get BGBW's attention.

I've been trying to get that for years. No luck yet. Hang on a minute. Why does he want BGBW's attention? I don't understand. And what's dignified?

Wasn't expecting it to be a hit-list, but I'm cool with that.

I was just messing about. The only other list I can think of is a shopping list, and that wouldn't have made sense.

Symphonia

Banned
I was just messing about. The only other list I can think of is a shopping list, and that wouldn't have made sense.
I was thinking of the ignore list which, when I think about it, renders my first post useless because if I was on everyone's ignore list, nobody would see it, so I would, in fact, be left wondering about which list I'm on rendering aforementioned first post utterly invalid, not to mention a contradiction of itself. Ah, well.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Lawdd screaming meat, you're now my nemisis.

I'm on a list? Sweet!

You are wrong

The first and (particularly) last hour of RoTJ is the absolute fucking nuts. The way the final three battles interweave and influence each other, without a break in the music, is some seriously top notch cinema. Great way to end the trilogy.

At least we can all agree A New Hope is wank.

Top Bottom