• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons |OT| We are One (PC and PSN, Out now)

wouwie

Two more weeks. I can't wait to play this game. The positive feedback from gamers and good reviews haven't made the wait any easier.

nicjac

Not much to add to the conversation. This game better be heavily featured in games of the year lists. It is almost perfect. Innovative control scheme, amazing graphics (both the art and the technical aspects), great storytelling...

I finished it in 2 sittings. As it was previously said, there is no filler. The pacing is just amazing.

Not sure if I would play again. As much as I loved it, it is slightly 'smoke and mirrors'. I felt that it was one the verge of breaking at multiple points. It never did, which was great, but I would be afraid to spoil the experience by playing again.

Patience: When you first enter the graveyard there's a statue to the right, have the little brother pray at it. Takes about six seconds.

Caged love: Much later after you free the caged bird near the start of the game, look through the telescope right before you get on the hang glider. Check the bottom right of the screen for the bird and wait for the other one to join it.
Damn it all my bird is a loner. No other birds are coming to love it 5 minutes later
Thank you though? Did get the other one. =)

I think, and I could be wrong, you need to use the not so obvious zoom function on the telescope to trigger the birds
Thanks but I did figure it out. Needed to free a bird much earlier in the game witch Gary mentioned but I had confusion on.
Annnnd done thank you! I'll be back in 2 weeks to push this game.

raviolico

What a fantastic experience.

Oh my.... GOTY for me so far.
Joining ICO, SotC, Portal, Flower, Journey in my personal gaming Phanteon.

raviolico

man, I´ve never thought one of my favorite gaming experience ever would not happen onscreen but in my hand.
you know what i mean folks when you get there and realize.... simply a citizenkanegamingmoment. ;-)

Gaaraz

Wouldn't work with co-op.
I disagree... in fact, I played this through with my girlfriend and actually think the experience wouldn't have been nearly as good had I played it through on my own.

Probably the best game I've played for years, absolutely loved it, and so did my girlfriend which speaks wonders for this game because it's the first game she's ever properly played.

And god damn,
that ending... it was horrific having to dig the hole and then drag the body into it, but then the swimming scene and couple of sections right after it were utterly incredible
- this is such a good game!

What a fantastic experience.

Oh my.... GOTY for me so far.
Joining ICO, SotC, Portal, Flower, Journey in my personal gaming Phanteon.
I'd say we have near identical taste in games :)

Can't wait for this, it's agonising reading all the amazing feedback.

Such a busy gaming period coming up. I haven't bought new releases regularly since late 2011, but in the next couple of months I'm buying this, rain, Puppeteer, Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary, GTAV and Beyond (as well as a bunch of indies on Vita). In fact, I might have to cancel the Beyond pre-order because I can't see that I'll have time for it. Thank goodness I've no intention of going next gen until at least late 2014!

vladdamad

Got all excited about this coming out tomorrow and then realised that it's out a day later in Europe :( Ah well, still super stoked for this one, love short experimental games like these, and from what I've heard,
the gameplay merges with the storytelling in some way
? I'm generally a fan of when games try and pull this off, some of my favourite examples being
999 and Braid
. Can't wait!

vladdamad

in some ways it actually goes further than that.

Getting really hyped now, can't even imagine how that's possible. I wasn't a fan of the art style from the trailer, but the premise and general talk about the quality of storytelling has me really excited

Tizoc

Gamersgate.com has the game up for pre-order on Steam in case anyone's interested.
You can still wait for the regular Steam update if you want to support them directly though.

spekkeh

Banned
Getting really hyped now, can't even imagine how that's possible. I wasn't a fan of the art style from the trailer, but the premise and general talk about the quality of storytelling has me really excited

Didn't say it was better though ;). I think Braid being more or less the first to really do that felt more profound.

microtubule

Unless they've removed it, it's possible that it's being mixed up with Two Brothers again.

Little odd that the steam page isn't up yet but it's the same with Castle of Illusion that's coming this week as well.

Castle of Illusion is showing up now just no pre-order button yet.

Hurry up Steam!!!

Rootbeer

Banned
Isn't this supposed to be out by now...?

probably around 10am PST on Steam I think?

Still trying to decide if I will buy this. I like how it looks, not sure if I like the controls.

But I think I should buy it based on what the Sess thinks alone

Maybe we can get the OP changed to include GAF user reviews. So many "Game of the year(so far)" quotes. Game should not be missed.

Vert boil

Looks like the steam page was telling porkies.

BTQWHlxCAAAz0b7.jpg:large

But if you can, play the game with a controller.

r3n4ud

Have a question. Is it possible to only control the big brother? I can control only the little brother fine, but when I try controlling only the big brother, they both move.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Have a question. Is it possible to only control the big brother? I can control only the little brother fine, but when I try controlling only the big brother, they both move.

That is most definitely not intentional, check your control bindings.

r3n4ud

That is most definitely not intentional, check your control bindings.

Ya, quite tough to play that way. How would I check the control bindings?

On Steam and using xbox controller btw. Forgot to mention this.

I'm a tool folks :/. Had xpadder running in the backgroud. Closed it down, all is fine.

Top Bottom