• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

Rad Agast

So I just reached the
Train section
in chapter 1. Does the game evolve beyond this? I sure hope so. Will stick to it and see how it goes this weekend.

Edit:

I'm very impressed with the speed of the game by the way. Reminds me of the Quake and Unreal. Good stuff.

MMaRsu

Rad Agast said:
So I just reached the
Train section
in chapter 1. Does the game evolve beyond this? I sure hope so. Will stick to it and see how it goes this weekend.

Edit:

I'm very impressed with the speed of the game by the way. Reminds me of the Quake and Unreal. Good stuff.

In chapter 1 you haven't seen anything :p

derFeef

Rad Agast said:
So I just reached the
Train section

Edit:

Game kicks off in chapter 3 and reaches madness in chapter 5. Go on, it is worth it.

Anarchy isn't working for me at all. I went into one match and got dropped because of lag. I've tried about ten times since then and it still hasn't connected me to a match. Any other PS3 folks having trouble with this or is it just me?

TheOddOne

Tkawsome said:
Anarchy isn't working for me at all. I went into one match and got dropped because of lag. I've tried about ten times since then and it still hasn't connected me to a match. Any other PS3 folks having trouble with this or is it just me?
I'm having this problem too, but on the 360.

Tkawsome said:

I'm on the PS3 and have yet to find people to get in a match with. So annoying, but I love this game.

How many people are on the PS3 anyways?

Aske

Thrakier said:
Hm, seems like DF foucs is more on the pc version and that it's superior to both console versions. However I loathe inferior ps3 ports which are sold for the same money as the 360 version. So I'll just wait till it's cheap or rent it.

The PS3 port is totally fine. I own both systems, but I bought the game on PS3; I imagine for the same reasons as you. Looks great, runs smooth. Some people have reported framerate drops, but I haven't noticed them. I'd advise anyone who wants to be sure they have the absolute best version to buy it on 360, but any downgrades the PS3 version might have don't impede the experience in the slightest. If you thought the demo was fine, you'll think the game is fine. The demo is actually an oldish build, and the full game runs a little better.

Game is amazing by the way. Definitely worth the $60 for the single player campaign alone.

After about fifteen minutes of trying I finally entered another match. It was just as laggy as the last making it impossible to play and was dropped after two waves.

Is it always this bad or is it just a crappy time to find a match? Still, the mode seemed really fun in the brief time I spent with it.

qazqaNii

I do not recommend buying this game for the PS3, constant framedrops (drops probably below 25 almost every "cool" skillshot u make), bad textures, extreme loading times u die once u wait 10 - 15 seconds just to return back to the checkpoint.

PS3 version imo is crap, haven't tried the other versions yet but if you want to try it I recommend you do it on the 360, PC. And if you don't have a 360, PC, I would say wait for below 30$.

Lingitiz

TheOddOne said:
I'm having this problem too, but on the 360.
What type of NAT do you have? Mines is open and i generally don't have any problems with matchmaking, although there is some occasional laggy matches.

MMaRsu

qazqaNii said:
I do not recommend buying this game for the PS3, constant framedrops (drops probably below 25 almost every "cool" skillshot u make), bad textures, extreme loading times u die once u wait 10 - 15 seconds just to return back to the checkpoint.

PS3 version imo is crap, haven't tried the other versions yet but if you want to try it I recommend you do it on the 360, PC. And if you don't have a 360, PC, I would say wait for below 30$.

This is such rubbish. I bought the Ps3 version because my 360 won't read anymore discs ( fuck you microsoft ) and I've finished the game. It was a lot of fun and I didn't notice any framedrops at all.

eshwaaz

Just beat it last night - this is a hell of a game. Such a refreshing experience in the sea of CoD clones out there. It stumbles a bit near the end, losing sight of what makes the rest of the game fun, and the "ending" is totally unsatisfying and cheap. Still, the meat of the game was an absolute blast.

As many have said, the lack of a New Game+ in a game with this kind of design is criminal. I can't believe it was not made a priority during development.

Just finished it. Fucking fantastic game. The graphics are phenomenal. The way the game makes you actually look at the environment and use it makes for a very fun. The game's weapons are very fun as well and with the help of the environment, the game never feels like it's too much. The set pieces are really some of the best looking I've seen on the 360. Seriously, this is one of the best looking 360 games.

Was a little let down by the ending as I expected something really big.

Some GOTY material here.

Got 3-stars on all of the non + echo maps. Only a few of them took more than one try. What are the + echoes? Do they count toward your total score or are they something else?

The only thing this game is missing is a new game+ option and a letter grade at the end of your campaign (arbitrary addition, but always fun to have).

Raide

canadian crowe said:
The only thing this game is missing is a new game+ option and a letter grade at the end of your campaign (arbitrary addition, but always fun to have).

The New Game+ seems like a major oversight. The game would be even more fun if you could play it through again but with everything unlocked and all the weapons.

Here's a question for anyone who has the game on PC. I bought it in the shop today, only to find out my disk drive is busted. I usually use steam but this was sort of an impulse buy.

So my question is, can I type my CD key in GFWL and download the game or will I have to go out and buy a new disk drive tomorrow?

mshlive

ToyMachine228 said:
Got 3-stars on all of the non + echo maps. Only a few of them took more than one try. What are the + echoes? Do they count toward your total score or are they something else?
Yeah they count to your total score. I had roughly 130,000 points from the first 14 so I did a couple of the + Echo missions to get the 150,000 point achievement on the 360.

NIN90

Finished it today. Loved it all the way through. I love the pace of the game, was like WE GOTTA HAUL ASS all the time.
Torpedo is my favorite skillshot.

Did anybody else encounter lots of scripting errors? There were atleast 5 occasions where the game wouldn't progress me after I died once (door won't open, prompt for climbing over an obstacle won't appear etc.) Going back to the main menu and hitting Continue fixed this tho. PC version btw.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
NIN90 said:
Finished it today. Loved it all the way through. I love the pace of the game, was like WE GOTTA HAUL ASS all the time.

Did anybody else encounter lots of scripting errors? There were atleast 5 occasions where the game wouldn't progress me after I died (door won't open, prompt for climbing over an obstacle wn't appear etc.) PC version btw.

No problems here.

Got rid of hiccups btw, thanks.

Tawpgun

The ending was kind of disappointing
you would expect the last thing you'd do is some crazy epic fight, or some kind of really awesome gameplay sequence. Nope, just run back to the Ulyesses after a Quick Time boss fight. Imagine how powerful it would have been if you had to fight Ishi while he is telling you he isn't in control and he's sorry when he shoots at you. Or even fighting Sarrano with some leash on leash action. Definitely dropped the ball there. The Final Echo soldiers were boring enemies to fight also. Far too resilient and just terrible bullet sponges.

That being said, wishlist for Bulletstorm 2.

1. A little more variety. It was good in Bulletstorm, but could be better.
2. Keep the linearity, but at least make SOME gameplay segments that are really wide open.
3. MOAR SKILLSHOTS. They were all good and such, but they need to revamp the Team Skillshot system. It's very wonky with its detection and somethings I feel should be team skillshots, aren't.
4. Trishka gets a leash. This would open up team skillshots in campaign and give us a door for co-op.
5. Competitive multiplayer. You can't leash other players, but the kicks and bulletslides would knock them back a bit, no slo mo. Similar to how you get knocked back when a Skull shoots you with a shotgun. Although you MIGHT have to put some kind of cooldown meter on Bulletslides, since everyone would just traverse the gamespace with that.
6. New Game + obviously
7. More, crazier weapons.
8. Waggleton P. Tallylicker

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
A27 Tawpgun said:

I think you can't have it better if we talk about scenery. Levels had a lot of variety, the game felt really fresh all the time.

On the last act on very hard now. It's quite different, you have to be more defensive and theres less time to toy with the enemies. Found it hard to afford as much ammo as I would have wanted at times and haven't done many upgrades. Also find myself just relying on the most powerful tools to get by. Still fun of course but I think hard will be the setting I play on future replays.

NIN90 said:

Did anybody else encounter lots of scripting errors? There were atleast 5 occasions where the game wouldn't progress me after I died once (door won't open, prompt for climbing over an obstacle won't appear etc.) Going back to the main menu and hitting Continue fixed this tho. PC version btw.

Had one scripting error. On 5-2 Ishi and Trishka are supposed to get in a lift but they just stood outside it and an invisible wall stopped me from getting in. Had to restart the chapter to get it to work. Luckily it was near the start though.

Grisby

NIN90 said:

Scripting errors happened about 3 times for me. Some textures never loaded either (like signs and stuff) but the world around it was fine.

Q8D3vil

NIN90 said:

finished it today too :)
awesome game
i also got the same problem.

Tunavi

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
That being said, wishlist for Bulletstorm 2.
2. Keep the linearity, but at least make SOME gameplay segments that are really wide open.
3. MOAR SKILLSHOTS. They were all good and such, but they need to revamp the Team Skillshot system. It's very wonky with its detection and somethings I feel should be team skillshots, aren't.
4. Trishka gets a leash. This would open up team skillshots in campaign and give us a door for co-op.
5. Competitive multiplayer. You can't leash other players, but the kicks and bulletslides would knock them back a bit, no slo mo. Similar to how you get knocked back when a Skull shoots you with a shotgun. Although you MIGHT have to put some kind of cooldown meter on Bulletslides, since everyone would just traverse the gamespace with that.
6. New Game + obviously
7. More, crazier weapons.
8. Waggleton P. Tallylicker

1. I thought bulletstorm was great in terms of mixing it up. I never really found myself doing the same things twice
2. Yeah I think more open environments would be great for Bulletstorm. Maybe different paths to take.
4. Co-op is a must.
5. Yes to competitive. Team Skillshots in multiplayer (like Double Pene). Players should only be leashable after they are frozen from a kick. Leashing a teammate who is suspended in the air after a bulletkick will free him up from the frozen state. Put the level-up RPG elements from anarchy in competitive.
7. Yes, more weapons AND drivable vehicles! Want so bad.

More more types of Anarchy and echo modes as well. Keep the epic campaign cutscene, great storyline, new interesting environments and interesting characters.

I want Bulletstorm 2 so badly. I'll be there Day 1.

Edit: Theater mode

Barrett2

Just finished my 2nd play through.

I would probably do a 3rd campaign run if there was a new game +

I guess it's time to finally play KZ3, though i suspect i won't have as much fun as I've been having the last two weeks with this.

ssowinski

lawblob said:
Just finished my 2nd play through.

I would probably do a 3rd campaign run if there was a new game +

I guess it's time to finally play KZ3, though i suspect i won't have as much fun as I've been having the last two weeks with this.

I also opted to play BS before KZ3 just for something new. Been toying with a replay or starting something new - although I think KZ3 will be great regardless.

Maybe play something out of my backlog first like 3D Dot Heroes or Red Dead Redemption to wipe the FPS slate clean before starting KZ3. (Played KZ2 at launch and enjoyed it immensely).

Either way BS was a fun ride and I'm looking forward to a sequel or some sort, even if it's just Duke Nukem Forever.

FoeHammer

My partner in the beginning was cracking me up with the observational humor. Then I get stuck with the dull asshole Ishi for the remainder of what I've played; What a fucking letdown. Ishi will definitely make Game Informer's top terrible characters of the year list.

Everything else is pretty damn good though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
ssowinski said:
I also opted to play BS before KZ3 just for something new. Been toying with a replay or starting something new - although I think KZ3 will be great regardless.

Maybe play something out of my backlog first like 3D Dot Heroes or Red Dead Redemption to wipe the FPS slate clean before starting KZ3. (Played KZ2 at launch and enjoyed it immensely).

Either way BS was a fun ride and I'm looking forward to a sequel or some sort, even if it's just Duke Nukem Forever.
Agreed, you need a palate cleanser. I nearly bought KZ3 and bulletstorm at launch, but held off on KZ3. glad I did, don't think I could have gone into that straight off the back of bulletstorm.

Finished it last night, really enjoyed it. Only 2 other people on my friends list own this, which is strange, I thought loads more people would buy it, ah well, their loss.

I tried doing some multilplayer and couldn't get into a game. It just sat at searching and didn't do anything. :(

Xater

Tkawsome said:

Kinda the same for me. I can#t find a game at all, or when I get into one the lag makes it unplayable.

TheOddOne

NIN90 said:
I had a scripting error at the moment I had to catch the ship, had one second and thought I made it. But stuck there, with Ishi and the chick way to close and I could not move.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
The game has a glitch in Act 6 Chapter 3.

There is one room after you make "grilled meat" from one of the monsters, I kill 3 enemies and the NPCs just stand there and the dramatic music just plays, there is nothing else to kill or anywhere to go. I tried it over and over and nothing happens. I even watched the walkthrough video, the general has to move forward and activate a switch, but he just stands there with ishi

Anyone else got this?

NIN90

navii said:
The game has a glitch in Act 6 Chapter 3.

There is one room after you make "grilled meat" from one of the monsters, I kill 3 enemies and the NPCs just stand there and the dramatic music just plays, there is nothing else to kill or anywhere to go. I tried it over and over and nothing happens. I even watched the walkthrough video, the general has to move forward and activate a switch, but he just stands there with ishi

Anyone else got this?

Go to the main menu and hit "Continue".
That usually fixed scripting errors for me.

raphier

Banned
Why can't I just put a bullet in Ishi's head? He's fucking annoying and I won't even bother to face him at the end of the game. Could save me some time.

How about I shoot Saranno in the foot and hold him hostage. What the fuck is this shit letting him a weapon and doing whatever he wants?

Razorwind

raphier said:
Why can't I just put a bullet in Ishi's head? He's fucking annoying and

I won't even bother to face him at the end of the game. Could save me some time.
How about I shoot Saranno in the foot and hold him hostage. What the fuck is this shit letting him a weapon and doing whatever he wants?

Please....spoiler tag ur stuff there.

Arjen

Just finished it, one of the best single player campaigns i've played in a long time. What a great ride.

I've had no issues whatsoever with lag in Anarchy mode on the 360. Blaming XBL for issues with a peer-to-peer game is ridiculous. My problem with Anarchy mode is that it just isn't very fun. All it takes is one turd in the punchbowl to ruin the entire experience. If one out of four of you isn't working towards changing up the skillshots or doing the bonuses properly, you'll never progress. Some of this may just be people being a-holes, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they simply don't know how to play.

Arjen

I only played Anarchy with friends, which was loads of fun. But it really requires team work to get trough al the waves. I can't imagine playing it with randoms, must be really frustrating

Tawpgun

Seems this game is kind of buggy for some people. The only bugs I've experienced was I got stuck on a wall I vaulted over twice in campaign. I couldn't get out of it and had to restart checkpoint.

Zenith

Banned
I really liked how they weren't afraid to add or remove new AI teammates. So many games lock you in the same scenario from beginning to ending and have to make contrived situations to keep things the same.

Kud Dukan

Just finished the single player campaign. This game was a great surprise...pure fun from start to finish. Definitely gonna play through the game again on the Very Hard difficulty and get some of the stuff I missed the first time.

Top Bottom