• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm really hoping for some SP dlc. I really liked Rell, and would like to see more of him. Ishi could be cool too.

I didn't care for the other characters though the general was pretty great.

Tunavi

Banned
CliffyB said:
Thanks all for the amazing comments. PCF worked really hard on this. Please, if you dig the game - tell a friend or 9. Launching a new IP in this world is tricky and word of mouth helps a ton!

Thanks, dicktits.

I got two of my friends to buy Bulletstorm and all my friends know how much I love it. I'm in for Bulletstorm 2. How are sales so far?

Cheech

I bought this game on Steam last weekend when I was drunk out of my mind. Haven't installed it yet, but my Steam receipt came through the other day and reminded me what I did. Looks good.

Lingitiz

Tunavi said:
I got two of my friends to buy Bulletstorm and all my friends know how much I love it. I'm in for Bulletstorm 2. How are sales so far?
I assume the 360 version has to be doing pretty well. Last time i checked the anarchy leaderboards had almost 300k.

bee

just got this yesterday, only played a few levels but i'm really enjoying it. it may of took epic a long time (especially as batman arkham asylum worked perfect) but UE3 is actually pretty damn good in 3D now, all seems perfect except the shadows that are cast from fire. that level with the massive wheel thing chasing you was pretty incredible. great performance too, 1080p, 4xaa, all max + 3D vision is giving me 40-60fps

[url=http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=bulletstorm_3dwy3v.jpg][/URL]

zoner said:
I'm really hoping for some SP dlc. I really liked Rell, and would like to see more of him. Ishi could be cool too.

I didn't care for the other characters though the general was pretty great.
Prequel DLC would be awesome, but the gameplay wouldn't make much sense since they didn't have the leashes or skillshots before the events of this game. Hmm...

Plasmid said:
I feel like picking this up today, is it worth the full $60?
Personally, I'd say no. The game is fun enough but it hasn't really grabbed me. The shooting mechanics are good but not great and there isn't enough kill or weapon variety. At Chapter 6 and a bit now... Don't care at all for Echoes or MP. I wish I could keep it til April for Gears Beta but I'll probably just trade it in for MLB. Perfect rental.

Lingitiz said:
I assume the 360 version has to be doing pretty well. Last time i checked the anarchy leaderboards had almost 300k.

I wouldn't really consider leaderboards as any close measure to sales. Rentals, used sales, etc.

Neuromancer said:
Prequel DLC would be awesome, but the gameplay wouldn't make much sense since they didn't have the leashes or skillshots before the events of this game. Hmm...
Unless you're playing as Trishka

mrklaw

MrArseFace
any new of a patch for graphic glitches etc? Had to turn god rays off on my 6950 which is a shame because they were pretty when they worked.

I'd like a new game + patch soon too. They need to get that out while the game is still fresh with people.

Neuromancer said:
Anarchy Mode is supposed to be operation Anarchy trishka references it in the game which happened a considerable amount of time before SP game takes place.

CliffyB said:
Thanks all for the amazing comments. PCF worked really hard on this. Please, if you dig the game - tell a friend or 9. Launching a new IP in this world is tricky and word of mouth helps a ton!

Thanks, dicktits.

I've done my part, Butterdick Jones.

Barrett2

Using the pistol a lot on my second playthrough. It has such a satisfying charge shot.

Just got the 4x X-Ray skillshots. So awesome.

Just out of curiosity, if you play through again is there anyway of seeing which skillshots you have/need from previous play throughs?

Also, can you do the bugs/newsbots and other single player achievements on easy?

mshlive

Just finished the campaign last night, definitely a pleasant surprise considering I wasnt really expecting much. The gameplay was incredible, the art direction was great and I really enjoyed the story for what it was.

Anarchy mode and the Echo missions should help to keep me busy until the Gears beta.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
mrklaw said:
any new of a patch for graphic glitches etc? Had to turn god rays off on my 6950 which is a shame because they were pretty when they worked.

I'd like a new game + patch soon too. They need to get that out while the game is still fresh with people.

they're waiting for AMD to fix this problem.

Barrett2

"It's a murder party, starring me!"

Love the dialogue in this game. And I'm totally serious. I would much rather have this kind of goofy, dudebro humor versus self-serious schlock that too many games go for.

Kicking mutants into the blades of a helicopter will never be anything other than goddamn awesome.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
mrklaw said:

What issues did you encounter? I'm using a 5870 and noticed no problems with the lighting.

I have only been playing this game for about 30 minutes a day. I'm still on act 3 I think but I love taking my time with it.

It feels like an arcade game. You know, like the special ones that have their own seats.

qazqaNii

Anyone else felt that the PS3 version was badly ported. It had some extreme FPS drops, felt like i was playing under 30FPS all the time, graphics was poor (Yes, I know the game looks better on PC)

And yes I finished it.. I see a Bulletstorm 2 incoming with Ishi being the pet for that guy (forgot his name)

legacyzero

Banned
Anybody else NOT like Ishii? I would much rather had the
witty guy in dead echo come along instead. That guy cracked me up!

qazqaNii said:
Anyone else felt that the PS3 version was badly ported. It had some extreme FPS drops, felt like i was playing under 30FPS all the time, graphics was poor (Yes, I know the game looks better on PC)

And yes I finished it..
I see a Bulletstorm 2 incoming with Ishi being the pet for that guy (forgot his name)

Please spoilertag that shit.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
bee said:
just got this yesterday, only played a few levels but i'm really enjoying it. it may of took epic a long time (especially as batman arkham asylum worked perfect) but UE3 is actually pretty damn good in 3D now, all seems perfect except the shadows that are cast from fire. that level with the massive wheel thing chasing you was pretty incredible. great performance too, 1080p, 4xaa, all max + 3D vision is giving me 40-60fps

[url=http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=bulletstorm_3dwy3v.jpg][/URL]

This is fantastic. More please!

Also, what are your specs?

legacyzero said:
Anybody else NOT like Ishii? I would much rather had the
witty guy in dead echo come along instead. That guy cracked me up!

Ishii was supposed to be like that. He's a computer.I would have gotten sick of the redneck guy I think. Fortunately Ishii doesn't say much, but his delivery of "Speaking of dick killing..." was funny.

lawblob said:
"It's a murder party, starring me!"

Love the dialogue in this game. And I'm totally serious. I would much rather have this kind of goofy, dudebro humor versus self-serious schlock that too many games go for.

Kicking mutants into the blades of a helicopter will never be anything other than goddamn awesome.
I'm with you. Dialogue is fantastic and the setpieces (such as they are) are much better and more interesting than other shooters.

I don't want to get into console wars or any of that bullshit, but I should get this game on 360 right? since it comes with gears 3 beta etc?

JetBlackPanda said:
I don't want to get into console wars or any of that bullshit, but I should get this game on 360 right? since it comes with gears 3 beta etc?

It comes with access to the Beta 7 days prior to everyone else. It's not the only way to get into the beta. The reason to choose the 360 version over the PS3 is that its better graphically, and doesn't suffer the framerate issues that the PS3 version does. The only time I noticed any drop in frames on the 360 game was when a mid-boss would enter, and even then I couldnt tell if it was for dramatic effect or not.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
JetBlackPanda said:

Its an UE3 game, and thus typically worse in pretty much every way on the PS3. Unless you really, really love the DS3, there's no reason not to get it for the Xbox 360 if you own both platforms.

Rad Agast

I'm installing right now. How long is the single player campaign? I don't have a lot of free time these days. Oh yeah, can I save at any time during the campaign or do I have to wait for a check point?

Hixx

Rad Agast said:
I'm installing right now. How long is the single player campaign? I don't have a lot of free time these days. Oh yeah, can I save at any time during the campaign or do I have to wait for a check point?

Took me about 7-8 hours on Hard (which was still, bar one or two sections, quite easy), and there are plentiful checkpoints but if you turn off you are started back at the beginning of the Chapter. Some Chapters are quite long as well.

Rad Agast

7-8 hours sounds good to me. Too bad about the lack of quick save (maybe there is one in the PC version? will find out in a bit).

Thanks.

Zeliard

MonkeyKnuckle said:
Boneduster, how I love thee.

Yup, best weapon in the game. I put it up there with the FEAR 1 and Doom 2 shotties. It's not quite powerful as them in terms of damage done, but it still packs a hell of a punch and just feels great to shoot.

HixxSAFC said:
Took me about 7-8 hours on Hard (which was still, bar one or two sections, quite easy), and there are plentiful checkpoints but if you turn off you are started back at the beginning of the Chapter. Some Chapters are quite long as well.

Thats weird, which version is that? Starts me back at the latest checkpoint on the pc version.

HixxSAFC said:

Not sure if the PC version does that, but the 360 game starts you right back at the last checkpoint you reached.

Thrakier said:
Hm, how bad is the PS3 port really? Any comparisons? I have a 360 as well, but I'd like to play it on the PS3...

In a game like Bulletstorm where you need pinpoint accuracy if you intend to hit some of the shillshots, a bad framerate is a killer.

Thrakier

Kinspiracy said:
In a game like Bulletstorm where you need pinpoint accuracy if you intend to hit some of the shillshots, a bad framerate is a killer.

How bad is the framerate? 30 with dips or an average 25? The demo on PS3 was fine.

If you found the demo fine I can't imagine the full game will bother you. I don't think the ps3 versions meant to be that bad, just missing a few effects and has more framerate drops than the 360 version. Anyway heres the digital foundry comparison: link

Thrakier

Air Zombie Meat said:
If you found the demo fine I can't imagine the full game will bother you. I don't think the ps3 versions meant to be that bad, just missing a few effects and has more framerate drops than the 360 version. Anyway heres the digital foundry comparison: link

Hm, seems like DF foucs is more on the pc version and that it's superior to both console versions. However I loathe inferior ps3 ports which are sold for the same money as the 360 version. So I'll just wait till it's cheap or rent it.

Top Bottom