• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

HixxSAFC said:
Asda sold me a 'new' copy. Yet I get home and find the code isn't valid. And so the shitty side of the used game market rears its head. Disgraceful.

Take it back kick up a fuss, game did this to me with bfbc2 so i got a full refund and bought elsewhere.

Lingitiz said:
Did you have alot of trouble with very hard? I'm considering playing on hard first but not sure...

No. The only parts that were difficult were the gimmick scenarios - The Giant Wheel, the helicopter, and the scorpion things climbing up the elevator. All the normal shooting parts were pretty easy. Just be good at finding cover and keep your flare gun filled with ammo and charged shots. That gun is literally all you need to defeat every enemy in the game.

MonkeyKnuckle said:
I was playing it last night and drank some booze and it gave me "7/50 (or whatever total number) bottles drunk" I died and restarted just before it and drank it again and it said "8/50 bottles drunk."

Does that mean you could just sit there dying and drinking until you got them all?

Might work for newsbots and flies as well...

As someone already said, you need to find all the flies and bots. You dont need to find them all in one playthrough. It will keep your count going on subsequent playthroughs. All it really cares about is that you find each and every unique instance of them. And if you're wondering which ones you're missing, go to chapter select and it will tell you which ones you've found and which you havent.

As for the bottles, there's so many in the game that there's really no need to cheat to get the achievements. There must be about 50 bottles total. You could get both achievements on one playthrough.

MattyH said:
hmm done all the echoe achievements except for enforcer does anyone have any tips?

Easiest I found was the demo level. Best area to rack up a ton of points is the subway tube. Fire a charged flare into the ceiling of the tube, and then thumper all the guys in it. Repeat it two more times, and then crush them. Do this same move in the area near the end where all the bad guys are enclosed in the building prior to the part at the end where its wide open. To make up the rest of your points, pull off headshots, skillshots etc. I did the whole thing never changing from the flare, flail and default weapon.

MattyH

Kinspiracy said:
Easiest I found was the demo level. Best area to rack up a ton of points is the subway tube. Fire a charged flare into the ceiling of the tube, and then thumper all the guys in it. Repeat it two more times, and then crush them. Do this same move in the area near the end where all the bad guys are enclosed in the building prior to the part at the end where its wide open. To make up the rest of your points, pull off headshots, skillshots etc. I did the whole thing never changing from the flare, flail and default weapon.

il give this a try thanks

Plasmid said:
I feel like picking this up today, is it worth the full $60?
Is a great 10 or so hour single campaign worth $60 to you? If so then yes, get it now. I am not a fan of the multiplayer anarchy mode, personally.

Neuromancer said:
Is a great 10 or so hour single campaign worth $60 to you? If so then yes, get it now. I am not a fan of the multiplayer anarchy mode, personally.
But that's roughly 6$ of entertainment an hour! There's no way someone would be giving away a deal like that.

practice02 said:
But that's roughly 6$ of entertainment an hour! There's no way someone would be giving away a deal like that.
Of course that value goes up if you're the kind of person to play through a campaign more than once (fortunately, I am!).

Neuromancer said:
Of course that value goes up if you're the kind of person to play through a campaign more than once (fortunately, I am!).

I think I've spent 20-25 hours playing it between a Normal and Very Hard run-through, and then several hours getting 3 stars in all the Echoes levels. Anarchy mode didn't do a damn thing for me. I only paid 40 for it, but it was worth every penny. Yes, I paid for it with a big bag of pennies.

derFeef said:
Wait, when I start a new chapter, my skillshot databse gets cleared?

The checkmarks for completing skillshots gets wiped, but the internal record of all the skillshots you've ever pulled off remains. So if you wanted the achievement for 100 percent of all skillshots pulled off, you could get it across multiple play-throughs of the campaign or echoes mode.

Lunchbox

Banned
derFeef said:
Wait, when I start a new chapter, my skillshot databse gets cleared?
thats just there to show you what you did in that chapter

the way you check your overall list from echoes and previous playthroughs is the question marks. the green question mark means you have never done that skill shot before

I've come to the conclusion it's impossible to shoot a guy in the jewels with the sniper rifle. Those bastards always turn to the side and in the rare case I score a direct hit the game acts like I hit him in the thigh or something. And how are you supposed to kill a second guy with the charged shot? The guy I hit just seems to float around and occasionally shoots his gun, not sure how I can reliably kill someone that way. Blowing them both up doesn't work.

Anyways, I'm on act 6 and this game is still awesome. I haven't had this much fun in a shooter in years. What's up with the charged shots on the shotgun and flail gun? I feel like I'm pretty late in the game and they're still not unlocked.

Lingitiz

Personally i love anarchy mode. Didn't really dig it at first but once you figure out the team skill shots and it clicks it feels really fresh. Epic was good about keeping Gears updated constantly, so i hope that mentality carries over to pcf as well.

Hixx

Tkawsome said:
I've come to the conclusion it's impossible to shoot a guy in the jewels with the sniper rifle. Those bastards always turn to the side and in the rare case I score a direct hit the game acts like I hit him in the thigh or something. And how are you supposed to kill a second guy with the charged shot? The guy I hit just seems to float around and occasionally shoots his gun, not sure how I can reliably kill someone that way. Blowing them both up doesn't work.

Anyways, I'm on act 6 and this game is still awesome. I haven't had this much fun in a shooter in years. What's up with the charged shots on the shotgun and flail gun? I feel like I'm pretty late in the game and they're still not unlocked.

Flail Gun's charge shot unlocks in 5-1 or 5-2.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Tkawsome said:

Kick them back then shoot them in the balls, or thump them and do it from midair. Don't recall with the flail but the shotgun one is super late due to godliness.

derFeef

Lunchbox said:
thats just there to show you what you did in that chapter

the way you check your overall list from echoes and previous playthroughs is the question marks. the green question mark means you have never done that skill shot before
Thanks, kind of weird how they did that, though.

According to steam I've spent 17 hours on the game so far and I'm not done yet. That includes one playthrough on hard, three starring echo mode and I've just got up to chapter three on my second playthrough on very hard.

Tkawsome said:

Either hit someone you've thumped into the air in the balls or aim the bullet at the balls of someone else close to the guy you're locked onto. Not sure if its even possible to hit people in the nuts once they're dodging.

For the charged shot you can float around the body of the guy you shot a considerable distance with the movement keys\left stick. Blowing them both up does work, just not always with the tougher enemies.

HixxSAFC said:
Flail Gun's charge shot unlocks in 5-1 or 5-2.

Maybe I just missed it.

Papercuts said:
Kick them back then shoot them in the balls, or thump them and do it from midair. Don't recall with the flail but the shotgun one is super late due to godliness.

That's a good idea. I've almost forgot about the whip and kick because the creeps were hard to hit with them, and they were around for a while.

Air Zombie Meat said:
For the charged shot you can float around the body of the guy you shot a considerable distance with the movement keys\left stick. Blowing them both up does work, just not always with the tougher enemies.

I blow them up all the time and just get "Letter Bomb". There's still a challenge that says I need to kill a second guy while in control of the first guy, and I'm not sure how to do it.

Tkawsome said:
I blow them up all the time and just get "Letter Bomb". There's still a challenge that says I need to kill a second guy while in control of the first guy, and I'm not sure how to do it.

Oh ok, whats that one called? I thought you meant letter bomb.

Dyno

I'm playing this game once a week with friends on our Game Night. We're enjoying it but we think that we're doing it wrong. We go low on ammo quite a bit of time. Some sections feel like a survival game until we find a store.

After a couple chapters we learned that we have to be conservative with ammo and yet still we end up dry. Anyone else like that?

Dyno said:
I'm playing this game once a week with friends on our Game Night. We're enjoying it but we think that we're doing it wrong. We go low on ammo quite a bit of time. Some sections feel like a survival game until we find a store.

After a couple chapters we learned that we have to be conservative with ammo and yet still we end up dry. Anyone else like that?

Are you using the environment enough?

Tkawsome said:
I don't know the name until I unlock it. I think it's lower on the list though.

I think you must be reading the skillshot description wrong. Just checked the list and these are the only skillshots for the charged sniper:

Premature - Explode a charged bullet to kill your target before it hits him.
Letter Bomb - Kill multiple enemies with a single charged Head Hunter shot.
Shrapnel - Explode two or more airborne enemies using a charged bullet from the Head Hunter.
Early Retirement - Kill an enemy controlled by the charged Head Hunter bullet before it explodes.

Air Zombie Meat said:
I think you must be reading the skillshot description wrong. Just checked the list and these are the only skillshots for the charged sniper:

Premature - Explode a charged bullet to kill your target before it hits him.
Letter Bomb - Kill multiple enemies with a single charged Head Hunter shot.
Shrapnel - Explode two or more airborne enemies using a charged bullet from the Head Hunter.
Early Retirement - Kill an enemy controlled by the charged Head Hunter bullet before it explodes.

I was probably reading it wrong, that last one sounds like it. So I should just guide him into an environment hazard before he blows up. That's much easier.

MMaRsu

Dyno said:

Did you use the resupply crates?

Thought that was probably the one TKawsome. I remember thinking something similar first time I read it too.

And running out of ammo shouldn't be a problem as long as you're using every terminal to buy what you're low on. There's loads of them.

Dyno said:

I've beaten the game on normal and Very hard, you're playing it wrong. You have 3 very important moves that require no ammo. Double tap A for slide kicks, a regular kick, and a leash. Use them in creative combinations with the environment to rack up tons of kills without the need for ammo. Also with a weapon like the flail, you can kill a ton of enemies by simply sticking a flail on one of them and then kicking him into the pack of others. Also an entire room of burnouts can be cleared by using one charged flare shot.

Tawpgun

Beat all Echo missions.

234 overall score in the world.

I'm also 66th in the world on Storm, and only 3k behind the top spots.

I also noticed the highest scores on the demo level were around 25000, which is in my range from the demo scores.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Neuromancer said:
Yes it is, makes 100%ing the skillshots unnecessarily difficult.

Pretty sure that all still counts if you restart the game. You don't need all the skillshots to have checkmarks to count for 100%, they just need to display the name of the skillshot.

CliffyB

Playah
Thanks all for the amazing comments. PCF worked really hard on this. Please, if you dig the game - tell a friend or 9. Launching a new IP in this world is tricky and word of mouth helps a ton!

Thanks, dicktits.

I've been spreading the word as much as I can. Really though, what FPS fan wouldn't want something so refreshing, colorful and just plain fun, when all we've gotten lately is more Halo and more CoD clones?

And we get to add "dick-tits" to our vocabluary!!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
this is the best SP experience I had in a long time.

It's beatiful, it's creative, it's fun, it has story, it breaks 4th wall in a delicate and though-provoking way, it never gets dull and I finished it in 2 days because I just couldn't stop.

PCF could've made a better port on PC though. Why should I download some program to turn off mouse acceleration and sunshafts which are glitched on my card? Also the game stutters a lot on my pretty high-end machine with fast HDD. I thought we're past this shit.

S1kkZ

CliffyB said:
Thanks all for the amazing comments. PCF worked really hard on this. Please, if you dig the game - tell a friend or 9. Launching a new IP in this world is tricky and word of mouth helps a ton!

Thanks, dicktits.
man, i hope this doesnt mean that the game bombed. had 4 friends playing this over the last week at my house. they all loved it and bought it.

nel e nel

Tkawsome said:
I've come to the conclusion it's impossible to shoot a guy in the jewels with the sniper rifle. Those bastards always turn to the side and in the rare case I score a direct hit the game acts like I hit him in the thigh or something.

Protip: kick a Nom on his head and while he's struggling to remove it, he can't see that sniper bullet heading to his loins.

I racked up 3 or 4 skill shots with one kill.

CliffyB said:

Thanks, dicktits.
No problem, sushi dick.

Top Bottom