• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King debuts Mac n' Cheetos

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCN

Banned
Bysv3imIgAACgtG.png

That looks like Joffrey Baratheon and Arya Stark had a bastard child.

kris.

Banned
ok so local BK joint was selling em 5 for $2.49. not worth it at that price. i mean they were ok, nothing special. i felt like a piece of shit eating them obviously.

Honestly this sort of thing is nothing new (other than the cheetos dusting on top). Sonic used to have fried mac n cheese bites. KFC tested it a few years ago. Even table dining restaurants have this as an appetizer (Romano's Macaroni Grill comes to mind though I know there are others). I swear a place like TGIFridays did too...but maybe it was another restaurant similar to them though...

EDIT - (The internet is telling me Del Taco and White Castle do as well)

That said, it sure doesn't interest me or look appetizing.
Del Taco no longer has its fried mac & cheese, I don't think. They were good, too.

Also, all the BKs near my work have closed, so I probably won't get to try these without some pre-planning.

Ronabo

I once made homemade Mac & Cheese and sprinkled crunchy Cheetos on top after baking it.

So I imagine this tasting similar.

Fox Mulder

Humans have peaked this day.

It's fucking deep fried Mac n cheese bites encrusted with Cheetos dust. How are people saying gross?

johnsmith

remember me
Just had them. Hard to judge because I think they overcooked them and burnt them, so they didn't taste great. Had they not been burnt they would have been pretty good. They weren't as overwhelmingly salty as I was imagining them to be, the inside was nice and gooey. $2.50 for 5 isn't an amazing deal when you can get 10 nuggets for $1.50, but its not bad.

Pejo

Interesting. I'll try it when they do it with the Flaming Hot Cheetos dust. That stuff is legit.

Dereck

It's one thing to be on GAF and talk shit about a food product that you haven't tasted.

It's another thing to go to a Burger King for GAF and make sure that these Mac n' Cheetos isn't actually Mac n' Cancer.

If you were to ask me what these taste like, the most accurate comparison is cheese crackers. If you're wondering what I'm talking about, they're these:

1klMi6m.jpg

The only difference that the cheese "filling" is hot macaroni and cheese filling.

What's key here is that the Cheeto crust is crunchy and it tastes like Cheeto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom