• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout 3...one month later. Who's still playing it?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Well it's been about a month since BO3 came out. Just curious how many of you are still playing it on a daily basis, or even every other day? Has it remained in your Xbox/Ps2 since day one or has its newness worn off and now collects dust?

Meier

The only games that have that sort of play length for me are football/sports games. All other titles, I am basically done with in a few weeks.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I'm not sure what to say about this since the game was so impressive at first and seemingly blows away the second one in every way...but I never play it anymore. I'm looking forward to Outrun 2 more than playing it again.

Deg

Banned
its not exactly the type of game you keep playing in the long run. Worth going back to now and again for a quickie like many games.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Great game, but I'm done with it. Didn't complete it, but played more than enough.

Mzo

isamu said:
Well it's been about a month since BO3 came out. Just curious how many of you are still playing it on a daily basis, or even every other day? Has it remained in your Xbox/Ps2 since day one or has its newness worn off and now collects dust?
I know what you're getting at. Outrun 2 still sucks.

And yeah, I still play it online. I kinda got sidetracked from the single player by the many, many other September releases.

xsarien

daedsiluap
isamu said:
Has it remained in your Xbox/Ps2 since day one or has its newness worn off and now collects dust?

No new game ever stays in my systems to the exclusion of others. The last thing I ever want to do is burnout on any one title.

Troidal

I've had it for 2 weeks now and been playing it quite often. Especially on Xbox Live.
It does get repetitious after a while, but its one of those games you pop in once in a while and play a couple of laps I suppose. I'm far from finished with the World Tour...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I have 40 hours in world tour now I think.

I play online alot but the online service is still FUCKED.

How many times have you been in a room (or hosting) and seen someone join, only to drop 10 seconds later? Most of the time that person is me.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I'm still playing it. I normally don't start a new game until I finish the one I'm currently on. BO3 is a fun game, but it's just not very rewarding IMO. I never feel like I've passed a level by my driving, but rather by luck. I think Outrun 2 will definately be more rewarding, but BO3's got enough variety to keep me coming back.

Before this weekend, it had been almost two weeks since I had played it much, but 1) my Xbox network connection was down during that time, and 2) I was distracted by some other game-related projects. Now I've got the network hooked back up, and it's a mainstay game again.

AeroGod

I still play it a little bit. Im on the last bit and getting gold now is almost freaking impossible, thats keeping me from playing. Some of these timed runs where one crash fucks you you play for 4 minutes then crash in the last couple of seconds. ARGGGG!

Agent X

I'm still enjoying it! I was just playing online for nearly two hours, and finally turned it off a few minutes ago. What a great game!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
This game got sold off a few weeks ago. All I need is Outrun 2. Nothing gimmicky about it; just great game play.

The game was fantastic and cool at first but after unlock about 30% of the content I think I've seen it all and not really interest to play it frequnelty anymore.

A combination of EA & Criterion's incompentence on the online front (especially after that server-side update) and the one-trick pony feel of the game finally did it in for me after a lustful, but short affair. Gimme back the Burnout mechanic and the superior track-design of BO2, please.

BeOnEdge

Banned
burnout 2s crash mode, the best part of burnout, was better too. they added way too much in part 3. all that weird camera shit killed it.

Teddman

Seth C said:
Crfiterion's shitty AI killed it for me.
The AI does suck, but you will never have much trouble beating the competition if you tap the boost every other second or so when you're in first place. Just don't hold it down for long. The CPU takes about a second to react and use boost whenever you do, but if you only tap it, they never use theirs at all. This technique is pretty effective at keeping the single-player mode honest.

BeOnEdge said:
burnout 2s crash mode, the best part of burnout, was better too. they added way too much in part 3. all that weird camera shit killed it.

Yep, exactly. All it ends up being half the time is going for the 4x... Additionally, the vast majority of the Crash mode setups are fucking lame. Crash mode should have been more insano with crazy, car-juggling madness if they were going for a more arcade feel, IMO. As it is, it pales against BO2's challenges. The tweaked physics also fuck with Crash mode. The only thing I liked about the new mode was the insta-esplode icons and the fun use of aftertouch. I'm definitely wanting Flatout even more than before because of the practically blue-balls disappointment of playing BO3 longer than a week or two, overall.

98% done, 33 hours in, but I play it maybe 3 times out of the week. I still have fun with it, it's great when I have friends over, and crash mode is one of those modes you don't play once you've reached the target and have unlocked everything.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
I got to 99%, but no way am I going to put in the time to get the rest of the takedowns (700 more to get 2000) and the signature takedowns and the 40 takedowns in a road rage...

Top Bottom