• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout 3: Takedown video (1:30 minute gameplay)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
In the case of prog-scan supporting titles, however, it obviously hurt the image quality...
I have no idea what they used, but he thought it was a quite poor selection of TV even for games that probably didn't support progressive scan (like MGS3 - he said those TVs made the game look plain worse than what you'd know it would look like if it was running on a normal TV).

robot

Just managed to buy the demo from an employee at gamerush for $1. I'll post impressions later on if anyones interested.

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
Burnout 3 is gaming at its purest.

Playing it reminded me of the NES days with simple two button gameplay. Burnout 3 is the kind of game were you put the controller in someone's hand and seconds later they have a smile on their face. Its just so accessible compared to other racing titles, but isn't weakened by its simplicity.

Depth without complexity. I can't wait to own this game.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Datawhore said:
Burnout 3 is gaming at its purest.

Playing it reminded me of the NES days with simple two button gameplay. Burnout 3 is the kind of game were you put the controller in someone's hand and seconds later they have a smile on their face. Its just so accessible compared to other racing titles, but isn't weakened by its simplicity.

Depth without complexity. I can't wait to own this game.

meh...RRV's handling>>>BO3's

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Just watched the videos over at IGN. Fastest looking game ever. Seriously, who's gonna wanna play GT4 after coming off a speedfest like BO3?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
TTP said:
BO3 with RRV handling = "how the fuck am I supposed to avoid traffic during turns at 150mph?"

You're right. RRV also boasts a better game design which supports the superior controls...

Mason

The slow-mo takedown cam was cool for the first few videos I saw, but now it's old and I haven't even played the game. I'll probably turn it on when friends come over so I can show it off, but other than that I think I'll leave it off.

dark10x said:
You're right. RRV also boasts a better game design which supports the superior controls...
Yes, because Burnout's control mechanics wouldn't work in Ridge Racer, it must not feature "a better game design".

Flawless logic there.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Mike Works said:
Yes, because Burnout's control mechanics wouldn't work in Ridge Racer, it must not feature "a better game design".

Flawless logic there.

'tis no logic here...

Top Bottom