• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bush stood by for 10 min. on 9/11, what response did Kerry have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
LuckyBrand said:
hahaha, so I am a neo-con because I dont see a big deal in him not getting up for 10 min?

I AM THUS A NEOCON...

no, I'm branding you one because you ignored the argument presented and instead rephrased what other, more intelligent people in this thread have been saying into something that was ridiculous and easily dismissable (aka "the Dick Cheney defense"). This blind loyalty to the president, complemented by your total dismissiveness for his flaws (of which their are many), and inability to comprehend the argument that was being presented makes you a neocon. Happy?

border

LuckyBrand said:
I still dont see what people expect... 7-10 minutes is NOTHING when you are going to be making HUGE WAR decisions...
Of course you can't make "HUGE WAR" decisions if you aren't briefed and don't know the situation. And that can't exactly get a grasp on things if you are sitting in front of a bunch of kids.

How is time not a factor in a situation where easily intercepted "weapons" are rushing towards their targets?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I think the point with regard to Bush staying in the classroom is that even if in hindsight his leaving the classroom when told about the attacks wouldn't have made a difference, he didn't know that at the time. For all he knew at that time, his leaving the classroom may have made a difference. Yet he didn't. He took a risk that someone in his position shouldn't have taken. He gambled that his staying in the classroom wouldn't have any effect, but at the time he didn't know that. That's irresponsible imo.

edit - imho, i think Bush was simply trying to delay the inevitable pressure of the situation by remaining in the classroom. He knew he wouldn't have to answer any questions or make any decisions whilst there. Maybe he was in denial. I could well be wrong, that's just my theory..it would seem to be in keeping with his pre-911 image, though, that's for sure.

Nerevar said:
no, I'm branding you one because you ignored the argument presented and instead rephrased what other, more intelligent people in this thread have been saying into something that was ridiculous and easily dismissable (aka "the Dick Cheney defense"). This blind loyalty to the president, complemented by your total dismissiveness for his flaws (of which their are many), and inability to comprehend the argument that was being presented makes you a neocon. Happy?

I have read the arguments and guess what; I still dont see how him being shocked and taking 10 minutes to get his head ready for the momumental task ahead was bad...

He isnt superhuman, and if I was the president that day, I am sure if I was one second talking with kids about some stupid ass book, and then told that planes were bombing our country.. It would take me 7 frigging minutes to get my head straight and realize what I had to do!

but i guess having an opinion that doesnt insult our president makes me a dick cheney wanna be huh? man you are a tard.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
LuckyBrand said:
I have read the arguments and guess what; I still dont see how him being shocked and taking 10 minutes to get his head ready for the momumental task ahead was bad...

He isnt superhuman, and if I was the president that day, I am sure if I was one second talking with kids about some stupid ass book, and then told that planes were bombing our country.. It would take me 7 frigging minutes to get my head straight and realize what I had to do!

but i guess having an opinion that doesnt insult our president makes me a dick cheney wanna be huh? man you are a tard.

Once again ... completely misrepresenting the arguments that are presented. It's ok that you don't understand what we're discussing in this thread. Really. I'm glad you tried though. Have a good day.

xsarien

daedsiluap
The more traditional definition of a Neocon, arguably the correct one, is anyone who subscribes to the belief that American ideals, virtues, and special brand of democracy is best dispensed to the world through might instead of through example.

How this relates to Kerry's recent admission that knowing what we know now, he still would've voted for the use of force in Iraq is still up in the air for me at the moment, I want to read his entire answer to the question, not the sound bites on the news.

Nerevar said:
Once again ... completely misrepresenting the arguments that are presented. It's ok that you don't understand what we're discussing in this thread. Really. I'm glad you tried though. Have a good day.

Thanks, I will have a good day... and how about you; you sit in here and argue about shit and make yourself feel special... okay? ;)

Ghost said:
Is the whole republican campaign "dont vote for kerry he'll be at least as bad as bush is"?

No, the whole republican campaign is that Bush has been a great leader and Kerry is a fake, a flip flopper and extremely liberal. This should be obvious as the Republican campaign. The Kerry campaign is "we arent bush!", however.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
LuckyBrand said:
No, the whole republican campaign is that Bush has been a great leader and Kerry is a fake, a flip flopper and extremely liberal. This should be obvious as the Republican campaign. The Kerry campaign is "we arent bush!", however.

Saying the kerry campaign is "we aren't bush!" is as bad as saying the bush campaign is "kerry will be at least as bad as bush!". People show their colours with statements like that.

gofreak said:
Saying the kerry campaign is "we aren't bush!" is as bad as saying the bush campaign is "kerry will be at least as bad as bush!". People show their colours with statements like that.

Not really; Kerry knows alot of people hate bush, and wants to court them without turning them away but saying as little about him except for the key points that people dislike about Bush.

So "I'm Not Bush" is playing very well to a large demographic... notice the country is rife with liberals saying "Anybody but bush!" and those bumper stickers? Of course he'd play up to them. I am showing my colors by making an intelligent statement about their campaign so far?

I imagine they'll make more policy later on to court more centrists and swing voters, but as of right now, its mostly just been courting the base, the people who are "anybody but bush" etc... notice how little of a bounce he got from his convention; none essentially.. everyone that likes him right now, liked him before... he hasnt done anything other than "I am not bush" yet.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
xsarien said:
The more traditional definition of a Neocon, arguably the correct one, is anyone who subscribes to the belief that American ideals, virtues, and special brand of democracy is best dispensed to the world through might instead of through example.

How this relates to Kerry's recent admission that knowing what we know now, he still would've voted for the use of force in Iraq is still up in the air for me at the moment, I want to read his entire answer to the question, not the sound bites on the news.
http://www.dailyhowler.com/dh081204.shtml

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
LuckyBrand said:
Not really; Kerry knows alot of people hate bush, and wants to court them without turning them away but saying as little about him except for the key points that people dislike about Bush.

So "I'm Not Bush" is playing very well to a large demographic... notice the country is rife with liberals saying "Anybody but bush!" and those bumper stickers? Of course he'd play up to them. I am showing my colors by making an intelligent statement about their campaign so far?

I imagine they'll make more policy later on to court more centrists and swing voters, but as of right now, its mostly just been courting the base, the people who are "anybody but bush" etc... notice how little of a bounce he got from his convention; none essentially.. everyone that likes him right now, liked him before... he hasnt done anything other than "I am not bush" yet.
Lying is bad, mkay?

Of course, when you consider what Bush started doing after those seven minutes were up, it seems like what liberals are really saying is that they wish he'd just sat there for, say, three years.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Kobun Heat said:
Of course, when you consider what Bush started doing after those seven minutes were up, it seems like what liberals are really saying is that they wish he'd just sat there for, say, three years.
Sorry, I missed the "we never should have responded to 9/11 or gone after Al Qaeda" memo.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Kobun Heat said:

Try again. As astonishing a concept as it may be, I actually agreed with going into Afghanistan. It was the tenuous, specious, and overall shoddy evidence that Iraq was even relevant that I had, and still have a problem with.

Shinobi

Ghost said:
Is the whole republican campaign "dont vote for kerry he'll be at least as bad as bush is"?

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
It's akin to all the idiots who defended Bush's WMD lies, as it makes Bush more righteous. "WELL CLINTON LIED TOO!!!". It's simply sad.

Kobun Heat said:

I think most wish he'd just never "won" the election in the first place. Don't remember too many cries of protest over Afghanistan at the time though, as was previously pointed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom