• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade 2011: Euro Edition

Michan

2w4z4ax.jpg

> WELCOME!

As somebody who has actively participated in the official Buy/Sell/Trade before, I can say first-hand that it is very difficult for us Europeans to complete transactions, despite there being many of us. It is also quite disheartening seeing something you really, really want, only to be declined by somebody who refuses to ship internationally. With demand popping up from time to time in the official thread, as well as today's discussion in the Cheap Arse Gaffer thread, I have decided to create a thread that gives us Europeans a home for our transactions. After all, I'm sure we'd all much rather sell to our friends at GAF than to some stranger on eBay.

> I'M NEW TO THIS!

We've all been at some point in our lives. Fortunately, a team of dedicated Gaffers have put together a brilliant beginner's guide, which also applies very much to this thread.

NeoGAF Beginner's Guide

> POSTING RULES

Before we kick this off, I've created a few posting rules to streamline things a little. Please feel free to PM me with your suggestions, and I will make amendments when necessary.

* Please state clearly whether your post is a FOR SALE/TRADE or WANTED ad. Nothing is more gutting than seeing pictures of your favourite childhood memory in plastic wrap for €20, only to realise it's just a "wanted" ad.

* When you've sold something, please update your post to reflect this. Use the [strike][/strike] tags and a clear "SOLD" label, or just remove it entirely.

* Do not "bump" your post unless you have added more items to it, or it is more than a week old.

* Photos are good! Please don't hold back on them, but do consider using thumbnails linked to full-size photos.

* If you're selling and not in Europe, but willing and able to ship to the continent for a reasonable price, then please feel free to post here! And non-European buyers: if the seller has not stated, please feel free to ask them if they are happy to ship to your country.

* Please clearly post your location and shipping destinations (domestic, Europe, or worldwide). A suggested format is as follows:
Will ship to Europe only, local pickup available

> FEEDBACK

Crisis, MidnightScott and Zaraki_Kenpachi do a great job of maintaining a feedback Google Doc based on the Buy/Sell/Trade thread. It's a great point of reference, so please do use it when conducting your transactions. Hopefully we can convince them to consider our own feedback in the document.

NeoGAF User-Submitted Feedback List

> DISCLAIMER

EviLore said:
The NeoGAF administration has no authority over any transactions that are facilitated by this thread and cannot be held responsible for whatever results from using this thread to buy, sell, or trade goods or services. We advise caution and common sense.

This thread is for private transactions, not for advertising your company

Although international sellers are more than welcome here (provided you ship to Europe), there is a thread which may be a little more suited to your needs. Please click here to visit Crisis' official Buy/Sell/Trade thread!

> FINALLY...

Good luck, and have fun!

Yasir

I'll probably be buying as opposed to selling. Will payment methods be a matter or private discussion, or is it paypal only?

I was thinking play.com vouchers, or other credited vouchers for other sites, as an alternate.

/don't got paypal account :(

FOR SALE:

Shipping free to the UK, a tiny bit more to elsewhere.

PS3

Demon's Souls (US) - £15
MGS4 - £10

Lost Odyssey - £6

DS

DQIX - £20

PSP

Knights in the Nightmare - £15

Michan

El Rauha said:
I'll probably be buying as opposed to selling. Will payment methods be a matter or private discussion, or is it paypal only?

I was thinking play.com vouchers, or other credited vouchers for other sites, as an alternate.

/don't got paypal account :(
I don't see why exchanging vouchers for items should be a problem. It would probably be counted as a trade rather than a sale. But otherwise, PayPal is definitely much more appropriate for these kinds of transactions. Use your best judgement!

iNvid02

for sale
need for speed hot pursuit for ps3 (ea pass has been used though)
£15 delivered (UK postage only)

i cant accept paypal right now so any play.com or amazon vouchers are fine
or another way is a bank transfer with faster payments

Yes, this thread is a great idea. To be honest, I've grown weary of using Paypal from some personal experiences so I think it'll have to be Amazon vouchers as payment for me as lame as that might be to some.

Crisis

Banned
This thread is a good idea! As far as updating the User-Submitted Feedback List with feedback from this particular thread, any chance I could get you to help out with updating it? Just to show I come with goodwill:

bWHTA.png

Michan

Crisis said:
I put a section regarding this thread in the first post of the original Buy/Sell/Trade thread.
Thanks for the plug, Crisis!

I'll be more than happy to help keep the feedback list updated for the Euro Gaffers. Will drop you a PM :)

KAL2006

Banned
For Sale

Uncharted 2 - £9
Ratchet Tools of Destruction (no manual) - £4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - £5
Panzer Dragon Orta (Xbox) - £5
Dreamfall :Longest Journey (Xbox)- £13
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (Xbox) - £9
Conker Live and Reloaded (Xbox) - £7
Jade Empire (Xbox) - £4
Gulty Gear XX (Xbox) - £4
King of Fighters (Xbox) - £4
Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox) - £4

I also have tons of TPB comics that I want to sell (PM me for more info on what I have)

£1 delivery, if you buy multiple items delivery price stays the same

games I wouldn't mind trading for are
LittleBigPlanet 2
God of War 3
Ratchet Crack in Time
Sports Champions

EDIT:
I can deliver outside UK, but delivery can be expensive if the parcel is heavy

also the TPC comics I am selling are
Watchmen
V for Vendetta
Kingdom Come
Earth X
DC Universe Stories of Alan More
Sandman Dream Hunters
Electra Assassin
Batman Year One
Ronin
Justice 1, 2, 3
Superman Red Son
Civil War
Marvels
Ryu Final 1 and 2
Street Fighter II, 1, 2, 3
Street Fighter Tribute
Art of Street Fighter
From Hell
Palestine
The Dark Knight Returns
Maus
Batman the Long Halloween
Y the Last Man Vol1
Batman Arkham Asylum
New Xmen, 1, 2, 3
From Hell

sphinx

the piano man
Thanks a lot Michan! I hope I have some luck here.

I'll put my stuff to sell in a few moments and sure I'll suscribe to this thread, I hope it takes off

JonCha

Shoogoo said:
Yes! Subscribed :)

Will subscribe. This could be excellent.

Also wish there was some thread where you could sell non-gaming items. Would definitely ditch eBay then.

And nice avatar Shoogoo. What is it?

sphinx

the piano man
(From the other thread)

I am in Germany and have a mix of PAL and NTSC games for diverse consoles that I am looking forward to sell, mostly (not interested in trading). All my games were bought by me, a grown up, and I treat them very carefully so that they always look like new and flawless, unless in very specific cases that I will mention.

All prices are in euros, payable with a money transfer or paypal (gift only), price for normal shipping is included inside Germany. I will otherwise only ship to countries in the EU.

SHIPPING PRICES:

Germany: Free (Standardversand, Deutsche Post Brief)

Germany Deluxe: €2'05 ("Eingeschrieben" with tracking number inside Germany, I guess sorry have to check, but this service is not really necessary, post is very reliable here)

Rest of EU: €4'10 ("Eingeschrieben International")

According to the site of the Deutsche Post, the following is offered regarding international shipping with this kind of service:

.- Product delivered by hand and requires signature from the person receiving the goods
.- Product Tracking in over 20 countries, very likely yours will be in the list.

From my own experience, games delivered to me from the UK take anything from 7 to 10 days depending on many factors but never had a problem. I have no idea about other countries but must be similar, specially in most West-EU. I will use the standard bubble envelope normally used by stores to ship DVDs/games per post.

THE GAMES

.- All games are REAL, no bootleg or such.
.- All games are used but in mint condition with gamescases, booklets and discs/carts that look and play "like new".
.- I can take pictures of any games you may have interest in.

GAMECUBE (all are NTSC, usable in EU gamecubes/wiis with freeloaders)

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker €20
Mortal Kombat: Deception €25
Metal Gear Solid, The Twin Snakes: €35
Killer 7: €20
Metroid Prime (with MP2 Demo Disc): €15
Pikmin 2: €20
Skies of Arcadia: Legends €30

NINTENDO DS (all games work on all DS models, no region lock on them)

Etrian Odyssey 3 with Artbook (NTSC) €25
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 (UK) €15
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of a Plume (UK) €15
Ultimate Mortal Kombat (UK) €20
Viva Piñata DS (DE) €10
Eledees: The Adventures of Kai and Zero (DE) €10
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 (NTSC) €15
Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice (DE) €15
The Legend of Kage 2 (UK) €10
Battles of Prince or Persia (NTSC) €15

XBOX 360 (the 2 games are NTSC but according to Play-asia both games work in Europe: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html )

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow €30
Lost Odyssey €25

you can PM me with questions, regarding what languages are included in the games or anything. Let's see what happens :)

windfish

toythatkills said:
FOR SALE:

Shipping free to the UK, a tiny bit more to elsewhere.

Lost Odyssey - £6

how much would be a tiny bit more to germany? :)

toythatkills said:
For Sale

Uncharted 2 - £9

same here, shipping to Germany?
very interessted!!

also WANTED:

Killzone 3 (looking for a price around 20-25€)

crispyben

Thanks for this, € vs. $ makes it almost impossible to sell anything in the original B/S/T thread. Last time I cleared out some games, I ended up giving them away in the "Free to a good home" thread... Hopefully this takes off and gets stickied too.

sphinx

the piano man
This thread REALLY needs to get advertised... it will hardly take off if people don't know it exists.

Looking for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3) and Prince of Persia Collection (PS3). Doesn't have to be mint or sealed, but does have to be complete and in good shape. UK or North American versions preferred.

Prefer to do a swap (have MAG, Enslaved, and Aliens vs. Predator that I'm looking to trade if anyone is interested in those; all PS3) but could do Amazon vouchers or gift a Steam game or something if the price is right (sorry, I'm anti-PayPal at the moment).

PM me.

Alastor

WANTED: Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner PAL PS2; brand new, mint or at least very good condition, complete with manual

I'm unable to find a copy of this in my country (Poland).

Not sure how much I'm willing to pay for it, but keep in mind that it's an old PS2 game, and I'm not really desperate to get it... I have two SMT games on my shelf waiting to be played ;)

Requeim

Wanted

Shadow Hearts (PS2)
Dark Chronicle (PS2)
Suikoden 5 (PS2)
Skies of Arcadia Legends (Gamecube)

A somewhat good condition is required, the disc being most important.

conkwe

Neo Member
Looking for:

Final Fantasy XIII Collector's Edition (Xbox 360 and PS3 versions)
Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy - Legacy Edition
Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Limited Collector's Edition
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection - Special Edition
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Special Edition
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Special Edition
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - Premium Edition

I prefer all of them to be new and sealed, but I could also take opened copies.

I'm most likely to trade, but if it's cheap enough I could buy. See my sales/trade post for all my stuff.

I can ship international.

SlayrUK

Portal 2 - PS3

Got it, finished it, not going to play co-op so it's up for grabs.

Free PC steam code is in the packaging but got it off someone else so cannot say for sure if it's been used or not - would guess not due to PSN down time but not guarantee!

Great condition obviously.

Would like to swap for another newly released PS3/360 game - open to offers. AC Brotherhood would be nice though.

mshlive

I've got a few games that I'm looking to offload having finished them all, I'll accept money offers or trades as there are quite a lot of games I want still so just message me if you're interested in any of the games. All games are in excellent condition. I'm from the UK.

Heavy Rain (PS3)
Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

Bayonetta (360)
Dragon Age: Origins (360)
Vanquish (360)

Manik

Wanted

I know it's probably a huge shot in the dark, but I've been after an Amazon Kindle 3 (either with or without 3g, not all that fussed) for ages and have been put off by the £111 (or£152) price tag to buy it new.

If anyone is wanting to sell theirs and wants to propose a deal, then I'd be very interested to hear from you!

I'm UK based, too.

Thanks guys!

Anilusion

I got an extra Brink key from D2D since the first key I got didn't work in Sweden. I am selling this 1st key. I am assuming it is the UK Version of the game, but I am not certain. IT WILL NOT WORK IN SWEDEN.

I am asking 27£ for it. About 25% cheaper than buying it on D2D.

Manik

This might be totally in vain, seeing as it appears this thread is hardly ever posted to, but I have a £25 iTunes Voucher that I was hoping some kind soul might like to trade with me for an Amazon Gift Card.

Any offers much appreciated - just shoot me over a PM!

Top Bottom