• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade 2011 [Redux]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

KoreanBarbecue said:
Positive feedback for SailorDaravon. Sold me some awesome stuff at an awesome price, packed it awesomely, and even threw in an awesome bonus manga. Awesome!

Likewise positive feedback for KoreanBarbecue, whom I was disappointed to learn is in fact, not a cat.

LQX

LocoMrPollock said:
Have a Gamestop/EBGames gift card with $283 worth of credit on it. Looking to get $220 for it.

I can email the code for quick use and will mail the physical card as well.

iPad 1st Gen 16gb with case and all cables, $250 or best offer.

w9te2g.jpg

Not looking for any trades right now, sorry.

Payment via Amazon Payments.

SOLD to LQX
This f...person went and got himself banned. No way he did not know he would be banned so I betting its over this deal. I sent him a Amazon payment. Am I protected? Its only been like day.

Fuck. Just yesterday I was saying things were going to good so something had to go wrong for me and did it ever. Jury duty notification, fake item from fellow gaffer now I think I'm out my money. Son of a...

Nightz

LQX said:
This f...person went and got himself banned. No way he did not know he would be banned so I betting its over this deal. I sent him a Amazon payment. Am I protected? Its only been like day.

Fuck. Just yesterday I was saying things were going to good so something had to go wrong for me and did it ever. Jury duty notification, fake item from fellow gaffer now I think I'm out my money. Son of a...
Not sure how Amazon payments work since I haven't used it, but did you get his e-mail address or some other means to contact him outside of GAF?

Aselith

LQX said:

Post an alt contact for him here so he can contact you.

I don't know if the mods can do this but you can try asking a mod for his email address so you can contact him.

sorry to hear about that LQX, but yeah , kinda suspicious he got banned

wait, i just checked the last page, he's not banned.

LQX

He did PM me back before the ban to say he is not going to rip me off but after something like that I not sure. Contacted Amazon and they seem so fucking lax about it. The transaction was just yesterday but they cant freeze payments and it will take them 5-7 days for them to do anything. At least with Paypal they wold put a hold on things.

He said he shipped but twice he has not got back to me with tracking or card numbers so I can check the balance. Will give him a bit then take the final step of contacting my card company.

This guy had to know he would get banned.

Aselith

LQX said:
He did PM me back before the ban to say he is not going to rip me off but after something like that I not sure. Contacted Amazon and they seem so fucking lax about it. The transaction was just yesterday but they cant freeze payments and it will take them 5-7 days for them to do anything. At least with Paypal they wold put a hold on things.

He said he shipped but twice he has not got back to me with tracking or card numbers so I can check the balance. Will give him a bit then take the final step of contacting my card company.

This guy had to know he would get banned.
I wouldn't wait. Get it reversed and send the money if the stuff ever gets to you.

Cloudy

Banned
I have a black, 64gb ipad2 for sale. It's in excellent condition and has had a screen protector since day one. Will include a smart cover and all boxes and booklets. PM me for pics. I'd rather do it on here than pay eBay fees lol

edit: I'm a GAF regular and I also have flawless eBay feedback :p

xaosslug

ugh, yeah I traded Amazon credit for his GS credit... he's done a few trades on the thread and he's pretty active, so I'm not too worried, but I'm def. not at ease. >_<

EDIT: scratch that. I have just been informed by LQX that he bought the GS card (too!) and iPad, so yes. I do believe we have BOTH been scammed by LocoMrPollock
... WTF?

LQX

xaosslug said:
ugh, yeah I traded Amazon credit for his GS credit... he's done a few trades on the thread and he's pretty active, so I'm not too worried, but I'm def. not at ease. >_<

EDIT: scratch that. I have just been informed by LQX that he bought the GS card (too!) and iPad, so yes. I do believe we have BOTH been scammed by LocoMrPollock
... WTF?
Yeah, not looking good. I bought the iPad and whatI believe to be the full gift card. I have been in contact via email and he says he will give a full refund but it its taking awful long where as my payment was instant.

I really thought there would be more security to Amazon payments.

xaosslug

LQX said:
Yeah, not looking good. I bought the iPad and whatI believe to be the full gift card. I have been in contact via email and he says he will give a full refund but it its taking awful long where as my payment was instant.

I really thought there would be more security to Amazon payments.
yeah, I dunno what the heck is up with all this but, whether or not LocoMrPollock actually comes through with the GS credit, I contacted Amazon CS with the card codes, and told them they were stolen and applied to another account. Asked if I could have those cards/codes canceled and new ones issued. They said everything would be forwarded to the gift card department and I would have word in 1-2 days. Amazon usually comes through for me, so I'm hopeing for the best. *fingers crossed*

MikeE21286 said:
He was a pretty active and reasonable member in this thread

i know! WTF was this, sleeper-scamming?

sk3tch

Damn...I hate hearing about this stuff. I hope everything ends well for all involved. :-/

Make me a proud father,
sk3tch

Dunan

I just took a huge pile of stuff to the post office this morning, about half eBay and half GAF, and I've been paying more attention to people's real names than their GAF handles when packing the stuff, so I'll just post what went out:

* FFXII Ultimania Omega and Tactics Ogre Artbook

* End of Eternity Artbook

You know who you are, and your stuff should be in your hands in a few days!

LQX

Well he seems to be trying to make this good so we will see. To many circles though and the fact he sold two people the same thing is a biggie.

Also has anyone ever done a Amazon payment refund? If you do a refund should the person receive a email immediately stating the refund was initiated? I ask this because LocoMrPollock says he will make good on refunding me but first the money has to transfer to his back which takes 2-3 days.

I'm going off my experience with PayPal which is almost instant with these things. I send or receive a refund no matter the payment option and the confirmation is almost instant.

iSurvivedTheOutage said:
LOL @ that post...Hope you guys get your monies back.
What is ironic is I wonder what his race is. He could be a potential thief which to me is no better than those he lashed out on.

asdad123

Anyone interested in a great condition motorola atrix 4g?

Currently running cryogenmod 7 unlocked bootloader ut I can revert it to stock if you want.

Its unlocked via a code provided by ATT

Pm if interested.

Aselith

LQX said:
Well he seems to be trying to make this good so we will see. To many circles though and the fact he sold two people the same thing is a biggie.

Also has anyone ever done a Amazon payment refund? If you do a refund should the person receive a email immediately stating the refund was initiated? I ask this because LocoMrPollock says he will make good on refunding me but first the money has to transfer to his back which takes 2-3 days.

I'm going off my experience with PayPal which is almost instant with these things. I send or receive a refund no matter the payment option and the confirmation is almost instant.

What is ironic is I wonder what his race is. He could be a potential thief which to me is no better than those he lashed out on.

I'm going to guess that he decided he didn't want to do Gaf anymore hence the post and he decided to make a bit of dough on the way out. DO NOT wait for that money to hit his bank account because he'll withdraw it. He's stalling for time until he can take it out of his account. I don't believe he's trying to make good in the slightest.

Just wanted to leave some Positive Feedback for TheDancingWatermelon, bought the OoT3D Soundtrack from him and everything went super smooth. Thanks man!

LQX

Aselith said:
I'm going to guess that he decided he didn't want to do Gaf anymore hence the post and he decided to make a bit of dough on the way out. DO NOT wait for that money to hit his bank account because he'll withdraw it. He's stalling for time until he can take it out of his account. I don't believe he's trying to make good in the slightest.
Thing is my hands are tied really. Amazon won't/cant stop payment even with a claim and say they will get back to me in a few days after their investigation. I'm relying on my credit card company though as they have the most power. They told me to wait while they investigate while giving him a allotted time to do a refund and if not they will go after the money. Really shitty but partly my fault for jumping so fast on a expensive deal. Broke many of my rules in regards to trading with others.

That's it for now so we can resume trading without this taint. Will update on the outcome in a few days..

Are you really sure you think he is going to rip you off? Maybe I didn't read it thoroughly enough but I'm usually pretty patient with someone before I come to that conclusion.

Franklinator said:
He may not be, but the timing just seems really suspicious. Especially because he sold the same items to two people.

Oh shit never mind what I said. Send in the notice to Amazon and if they don't do anything contact your credit card.

knee

I smelled shadiness once I saw that he was willing to take a $60+ hit on a $280 gift card-- that hinges on too good to be true. Can't really go calling random people out like that though. :-\

Sorry LQX and xaosslug. You two definitely don't deserve that.

Le-mo

Cloudy said:
I have a black, 64gb ipad2 for sale. It's in excellent condition and has had a screen protector since day one. Will include a smart cover and all boxes and booklets. PM me for pics. I'd rather do it on here than pay eBay fees lol

edit: I'm a GAF regular and I also have flawless eBay feedback :p
It'd be helpful if you included a price.

eosos

Banned
Nintendo 3DS Black $160
I bought it before it went on sale so I think you get the free games. I haven't downloaded any myself. Like new, no visible scratches. Comes with all of the cords and everything. PM me for pics if you want some.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time [3DS] $25
Also like new with all of the original things.
Super Street Fighter IV[3DS] $20
Tore the paper part of the case while being confused in how to open it :/

I can get pics of everything if you PM me! If you want to buy everything in a package we can work something out.

I'm not privy to the inner-workings of the Amazon Payment system (even though I have an account and have used it to sell on the Amazon Marketplace), but it doesn't have a setup like PayPal I'm taking it?

I remember in the former b/s/t thread Amazon Payments was getting promoted quite heavily. Maybe we should warn against it?

Shin Johnpv said:
Just wanted to leave some Positive Feedback for TheDancingWatermelon, bought the OoT3D Soundtrack from him and everything went super smooth. Thanks man!

And Positive Feedback for Shin Johnpv, who paid promptly and was a super smooth transaction!

LQX

MikeE21286 said:
I'm not privy to the inner-workings of the Amazon Payment system (even though I have an account and have used it to sell on the Amazon Marketplace), but it doesn't have a setup like PayPal I'm taking it?

I remember in the former b/s/t thread Amazon Payments was getting promoted quite heavily. Maybe we should warn against it?
It does not have a setup like PayPal. It seems to be a great alternative for sellers but the benefits might not be as great for buyers. I sent payment and outside of a confirmation no real information or even the sellers address was listed.

Moreover I have had to file claims with PayPal and one measure I know they did was immediately freeze the amount in question on the sellers account and stop any transfers that may be in process. Its been less than a day and Amazon can't stop payment or anything. For me the verdict is still out. Waiting to see how they resolve this.

Le-mo

Selling 4 iPhone 4 cases for $5 shipped each and a Sprint Samsung SPH-I350 phone for $40 shipped. Price is negotiable on the phone since there a few scratches on the screen.

Iron the Giant Special Edition DVD for $8 shipped
Metal Gear Solid Saga Vol 2 $10 shipped
Orphen Scion of Sorcery for $5 shipped
Sleeping Beauty DVD came with the blu-ray version $8 shipped

Rorschach

LQX said:
It does not have a setup like PayPal. It seems to be a great alternative for sellers but the benefits might not be as great for buyers. I sent payment and outside of a confirmation no real information or even the sellers address was listed.

Moreover I have had to file claims with PayPal and one measure I know they did was immediately freeze the amount in question on the sellers account and stop any transfers that may be in process. Its been less than a day and Amazon can't stop payment or anything. For me the verdict is still out. Waiting to see how they resolve this.
That sucks. Hope it works out in your favor.

Kerrinck

LQX said:

Having been through all that crap with redshoepaul, my sympathies for you. Really hope everything works out since I know how much this sucks.
Have met some fantastic people in this thread but unfortunately there is always a small risk of finding a douchebag ripper.

sk3tch

Interest check - would anyone want to buy all of the collector's stuff (everything except the game) from Dark Souls CE (360) for $35 shipped?

Make me a proud father,
sk3tch

Zing

Banned
GCNemesis said:
Only had for a month, tried living without cable, but we couldn't do it and got cable back. So now we don't have a need for an antenna. :(
Get a usenet account and download your TV shows in HD. Virtually anything you would want to watch is uploaded in 720p within a day of airing. I haven't had cable since 2002.

Thanks for your business so far!

I am based in England, but am perfectly happy to ship anywhere in the world as long as the buyer can cover the cost of P&P.

- PM me an offer if you see anything you like. I'm flexible regarding prices. Paypal only, please.

- Almost every game (is boxed with instructions, except GBA/GBC and Dreamcast which are as listed.

- All games are either PAL or region free.

PSone

Future Cop LAPD
Skullmonkeys
Jersey Devil
Apocalypse
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Tempest X3
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Metal Gear Solid - SOLD
Gex: Deep Cover Gecko
Pac-Man World
Donald Duck Quack Attack/Tigger's Honey Hunt
The Simpsons Wrestling
R-Types
The Raiden Project
Capcom Generations
Robocod James Pond 2
Lemmings and Oh No! More Lemmings
Rayman
UEFA Striker (!?)
Bust-A-Move 4
Re-Loaded
Break Out
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Gungage
The X-Files
Doom
Micro Machines V3
MDK
Little Big Adventure
Duke Nukem
Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge
Mickey's Wild Adventure
Alien Trilogy
Spider-Man 2 Enter: Electro
Disney's Action Game Featuring Hercules
Bishi Bashi Special
Final Doom
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Castlevania Chronicles
G Darius
Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo
Ape Escape
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy VI
Exhumed
Bomberman World - SOLD
Spider-Man
Mega Man Legends 2
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Final Fantasy VII
The Unholy War
Um Jammer Lammy
Syndicate Wars
Soulblade
X2 (Project X2)
Earthworm Jim 2
Bubsy 3D
Worms World Party
Metal Slug X
Final Fantasy Anthology
Trash It
Darklight Conflict

Playstation 2

King of Fighters: The Orochi Saga
Spyro: The Eternal Night
Just Cause
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Timesplitters 2
Jak 2: Renegade
Jak 3
Jak X
Midway Arcade Treasures
Asterix and Obelix XXL2 - Mission: Las Vegum
Metal Slug Anthology - SOLD
Sega Superstars Tennis
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Atari Anthology
Midway Arcade Treasures 3
Final Fight Streetwise
Mega Man X7
Psychonauts - SOLD
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Megaman X8
Crash Twinsanity
Prince of Persia Trilogy
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
Musashi: Samurai Legend
Alien Hominid
Kingdom Hearts 2
Psyvariar
Singstar
Singstar 80s
Singstar Rocks
Singstar Party
Sega Superstars
Eye Toy Groove
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Capcom Fighting Jam
The King of Fighters XI
The King of Fighters Neowave
King of Fighters 2003
The King of Fighters 2002
The King of Fighters 2000/2001
SNK Vs Capcom: SVC Chaos
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
Capcom Vs SNK 2
Guilty Gear X2
Guilty Gear X
Drakengard 2
Onimusha Blade Warriors
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Mortal Kombat Deception
King of Fighters Maximum Impact
King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Taito Legends
Activision Anthology
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil
Burnout 3: Takedown
ICO
Gungrave
Freak Out
Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc
Phantom Brave
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Makai Kingdom
God of War II
Canis Canem Edit
Mad Maestro
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Contra: Shattered Soldier
1945 I&II the Arcade Games
Taito Legends 2
Gunbird: Special Edition
Metal Slug 3
Ratchet and Clank
Ratchet and Clank 2
Ratchet and Clank 3
Ratchet: Gladiator
R-Type Final
Silpheed - the Lost Planet
Gradius V
Gradius III & IV
GrimGrimoire
Odin Sphere
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Gitaroo Man
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Flipnic
Pro Evolution Soccer
Gregory Horror Show
Mega Man X Command Mission
Drakengard - SOLD
Astro Boy
Under the Skin

Game Boy Advance - Fully boxed w/instructions unless listed otherwise

Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge - Cart only
Go! Go! Beckham
Sonic Advance - Cart only
Spyro Adventure
Mega Man Zero
Mega Man Zero 2
Mega Man Zero 3
Mega Man Zero 4
Sonic Advance 3
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 - Cart only
Astro Boy: The Omega Factor
Castlevania Double Pack
Warioland 4
Donkey Kong Country
Gradius Advance - Cart only
Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure
Castlevania (Circle of the Moon) - Cart only
Mario Vs Donkey Kong
Sigma Star Saga
Kuru Kuru Kururin - Cart only
Castlevania (Classic NES) - Cart only
Aero the Acrobat - Cart only
Iridion II - Cart only
Mortal Kombat Advance - Cart only
Advance Wars 2 - Cart only
Mega Man Battle Network 4 - Cart only
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Phantasy Star Collection - Cart only
Lady Sia - Cart only
Wario Ware, Inc
F-Zero GP Legend
Doom - Cart only
Mario Power Tennis
Doom 2 - Cart only
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror - Cart only - SOLD

Game Boy/Color - Cart only unless listed otherwise

Oddworld Adventures - Boxed with instructions
Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kong Land 2
Donkey Kong Land 3
R-Type DX
Kid Dracula
Pokémon Gold
Donkey Kong ('94)
King of Fighters: Heat of Battle - Boxed with instructions
Super Mario Bros Deluxe
Wario Land
Wario Land 3
Monster Max
Parasol Stars
Pokémon Puzzle Challenge
Kirby's Block Ball
Super 155 in 1 (Pirate cart)
Pokémon Trading Card Game
Mega Man III
Mega Man IV
Mega Man
Mega Man II
Wario Land 2 - Boxed with instructions

PSP

LocoRoco 2
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars
WTF: Work Time Fun
K-On Houkago Live
Final Fantasy Tactics
Gurumin
Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law
Frogger: Helmet Chaos
Activision Hits Remixed
Every Extend Extra
Ultimate Ghosts N' Goblins
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Sega Mega Drive Collection
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Riviera
Darkstalker's Chronicle
Gitaroo Man Lives!
Guilty Gear Judgment
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Power Stone Collection
Gottlieb Pinball Classics
Parodius Portable
Gradius Portable
Twinbee Portable
Salamander Portable
Metal Slug Anthology
Mega Man Powered Up!
Daxter
Locoroco
Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles

Neo Geo Pocket Color - Fully boxed w/ instructions unless listed otherwise

SNK Gals Fighter - Cart only
Metal Slug 1st Mission
Card Fighter's Clash (Capcom version) - Cart only
Sonic Pocket Adventure
King of Fighters: Battle De Paradise - Cart only
Match of the Millennium - Cart only
Fatal Fury: First Contact
Metal Slug 2nd Mission
NeoGeo Cup 98 Plus
Neo TurfMasters
Samurai Shodown 2
King of Fighters R-2
Puzzle Bobble Mini

Dreamcast

Street Fighter III: Double Impact
Street Fighter III: Third Strike - SOLD
Sonic Adventure
Bangai-Oh
Slave Zero
Fur Fighters
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Crazy Taxi - SOLD
Rez
Crazy Taxi 2
ChuChu Rocket!
Tony Hawk's Skateboarding
Sonic Shuffle
Cannon Spike
Tech Romancer
Sonic Adventure 2

Sega Master System

(Ignore the Y, D, N - holdover from a more complicated list)

Action Fighter Y (bwi)
Aladdin D (b)
American Baseball D (bwi)
Arcade Smash Hits D (bwi)
Assault City Y
Asterix and the Secret Mission D (bwi)
Batman Returns Y (bwi)
Bram Stoker's Dracula Y/N (bwi)
Bubble Bobble N (bwi)
Castle of Illusion N (bwi)
Castle of Illusion USA D (bwi)
Desert Strike Y (bwi)
Enduro Racer Y (bwi)
G-LOC Y (bwi)
Global Defence Y (bwi)
Jungle Book y (bwi)
Klax Y (bwi)
Land of Illusion N (bwi)
Laser Ghost D (bwi) <phaser>
Lemmings N (b)
Lion King Y (bwi)
Lucky Dime Caper Y (bwi)
Marble Madness D (bwi)
Master Games 1 (inc. Super Monaco GP, World Cup Italia 90, Columns) Y (bwi)
Masters of Darkness N (bwi)
Miracle Warriors D (bwi)
Out Run Europa Y (bwi)
Pac-Mania Y
Populous D (bwi)
Predator 2 Y (bwi)
R.C Grand Prix D (bwi)
Rampage D (bwi)
Rastan D (bwi)
Robocod N (bwi)
Robocop Vs the Terminator N (bwi)
Running Battle Y (bwi)
Shinobi D (bwi)
Sonic Chaos Y/N (bwi)
Sonic the Hedgehog N (bwi)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 N (bwi)
Space Gun D (b) <phaser>
Spider-Man Y (bwi)
Summer Games Y (bwi)
Tazmania N (bwi)
Tecmo World Cup 93 D (bwi)
Thunder Blade Y (bwi)
Tom and Jerry N (bwi)
Ultima IV D (bwi)
Wonder Boy N (bwi)
Wonder Boy in Monsterland N (bwi)
ZooL D (bwi)

Zing said:
Get a usenet account and download your TV shows in HD. Virtually anything you would want to watch is uploaded in 720p within a day of airing. I haven't had cable since 2002.
I don't believe that's exactly legal.

Barrett2

Any interest in purchasing an HP Touchpad, 16gig? Perfect condition, all original packaging, etc. If any serious interest, I can post pictures.

NeoGAF Gold Member

Anyone want to buy a Square Enix Sampler CD 2011 Vol. 6 for $10 shipped? It's basically brand new (without any wrapping)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom