• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade 2011 [Redux]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help with international selling, guys.

I posted my computer on Craigslist, and someone contacted me and wants me to ship it to Africa for his son. He's willing to pay for the shipping and everything, which will be about $650 according to his estimation.

Now, I'm not too comfortable with that. Seems a little fishy, but I've been asking him questions and he doesn't seem like a robot spammer or anything. However, I'm willing to do it if I'm not gonna get screwed. Basically, I need to know what services I need to attach to it to ensure delivery (tracking number, insurance, etc.) just incase he tries to say he never got the computer. I need it explained in detail because I've never done it before.

He'll be paying via PayPal. What should I do?

suffah

Does maths and stuff
PS2
Star Ocean 2: Till the End of Time
$10 shipped

No longer have a J360 so putting this up. They are Japanese imports, these will only run on Japanese Xbox 360's.

Blue Dragon
Bullet Witch
The Last Remnant
Senko no Ronde Rev X
$35 shipped for the lot.

Aomori said:

I posted my computer on Craigslist, and someone contacted me and wants me to ship it to Africa for his son. He's willing to pay for the shipping and everything, which will be about $650 according to his estimation.

Now, I'm not too comfortable with that. Seems a little fishy, but I've been asking him questions and he doesn't seem like a robot spammer or anything. However, I'm willing to do it if I'm not gonna get screwed. Basically, I need to know what services I need to attach to it to ensure delivery (tracking number, insurance, etc.) just incase he tries to say he never got the computer. I need it explained in detail because I've never done it before.

My advice: walk far, far, far away from this. It's a scam, 100%.

Here's how it will go. His name (namely the name attached to the Paypal account) and his son's name (to whom you're sending to) will be completely different and not similar in any way. He's willing to pay for shipping so it gets there the absolute fastest that it can, no matter the expense. You'll ship it out, get all the tracking, etc, and ship it out after he pays via Paypal. About a week later Paypal will reverse the payment due to the account being stolen, etc.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Aomori said:
How do you know? Just because of the whole Africa thing? He keeps asking for my PayPal e-mail to send the money, too.

Dude, are you insane? Google around if you think this is legit. Holy cow.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Aomori said:
Lol, I don't think it's legit, but I don't necessarily think he's trying to scam me either.

I don't follow your logic. If you don't think it's legit, what else can it be but a scam? Has he mistaken you for a retailer?

suffah said:
I don't follow your logic. If you don't think it's legit, what else can it be but a scam? Has he mistaken you for a retailer?
I'm not sure. I asked him where he lives, and he said he lives in my town but is away right now. I asked him where he's currently staying, because I wanted to ship it to him and he can deal with all the Africa bullshit. That way it's a little more secure. But if you guys are so sure that it's a scam, I'll walk away.

Edit: This is the e-mail he just sent me after I told him there are some things wrong with it and that there would be no returns.

i am currently aware of the position of the item and has fully informed my son about he, his friend being an engineer has said that he will help him to fix it once it is sent to him, so i want to take the risk and i promise you that there will be no return of it to you, should i give you the address where you will ship it and i will pay you via paypal as soon as you are ready ok

Aomori said:
I'm not sure. I asked him where he lives, and he said he lives in my town but is away right now. I asked him where he's currently staying, because I wanted to ship it to him and he can deal with all the Africa bullshit. That way it's a little more secure. But if you guys are so sure that it's a scam, I'll walk away.

Edit: This is the e-mail he just sent me after I told him there are some things wrong with it.

Seriously, dude, it's a scam. The old "I live in your town but am away on business, etc" is just part of the ruse. Don' get greedy. If it sounds too good to be true, it is. Why would a guy pay ridiculous shipping fees to ship a PC to Africa, a PC that's broken, if he was using his money. Ta-da, it's because it's not his money, it someone else's. Save yourself the time, effort, and hassle - walk away.

Check this link out and read the "Nigerian Scam" section...

http://reviews.ebay.com/Ebay-Scams-and-how-to-avoid-them_W0QQugidZ10000000001636804

kodt

Banned
Aomori said:

Edit: This is the e-mail he just sent me after I told him there are some things wrong with it and that there would be no returns.

If he lives in your town tell him you will sell it when he is in town. Sounds like BS though.

Many times with these scams they will overpay you, then ask you to pay them back the difference, then the original payment will turn out to be fraudulent.

Nightz

Aomori said:

Yeah, just walk away.

I just told him that he can meet up with me when he gets back into town and pay me cash. Oughta prove his bogusness. Let's see what he says.

Aomori said:
I just told him that he can meet up with me when he gets back into town and pay me cash. Let's see what he says.

My guess is that he's not sure when he'll be back in town, but his son absolutely needs the computer ASAP and he's willing to pay TODAY to get you to ship it. :)

He asked for my PayPal e-mail one last time before I told him to "just tell me when you get back into town" and he hasn't responded back yet.

Well, thanks for the help GAF! Not gonna go through with it even if he does tell me he's back in town.

stufte

Selling: Dead Island for the Xbox 360. Excellent condition, and I'm asking only $38. PM me if interested!

Selling:

Aqua Blue 3DS, great condition, Ambassador: $150 shipped
Includes Link's Awakening and Donkey Kong GB, as well as a 3DS case.

Pilotwings, Ghost Recon, LoZ: Ocarina of Time - $20 each, $25 for LoZ (come with case, great condition)

AceKard 2i with 8gb microSD card:
Works with DSi, $30 shipped

Shadows of the Damned 360
- $25 shipped

Ghostbusters 360 - $15 shipped

Tales of Symphonia GC - Great condition, will include strategy guide - $35 shipped

LoZ OoT Soundtrack from Club Nintendo - $25 shipped

Super Mario Bros. Special Edition for Wii - $35 shipped

PM me, have great feedback, accept Paypal. Thanks!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is anyone in the market to sell their PS3? I'm really looking at grabbing one...Not sure if I should go used or just buy a new one. Also unsure if I should grab a backwards compatible one or not (there are some PS2 games I'd love to play) based on stability of the earlier consoles.

aktham

WTS: Black iPhone 4 32GB in perfect condition. No scratches or dings whatsoever. I always kept in the otterbox case.

This is the AT&T version and is currently running 4.3.5.

I don't have the original box anymore but I will include the USB cable and power adapter.

I have 100% feedback here and multiple forums and ebay.

460 Shipped OBO

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I know everybody has Dirt 3, but i'm willing to trade a valid Dirt 3 key from the AMD giveaway from July for the Titan Quest Gold Edition daily deal (5 bucks).

If anybody is willing to make the trade, either PM me here or add me on Steam (Rain_1) and we can make the trade.

Schweet, SpaceHawg (aka, ipukespiders) contacted me on Steam and it's all done. Thanks a lot!

diffusionx

Gold Member
nicoga3000 said:
Is anyone in the market to sell their PS3? I'm really looking at grabbing one...Not sure if I should go used or just buy a new one. Also unsure if I should grab a backwards compatible one or not (there are some PS2 games I'd love to play) based on stability of the earlier consoles.

I honestly wouldn't buy an old BC system unless its seen very little use. The reliability of them is... mediocre at best. Nothing like RROD but failing is not uncommon. A used Slim should be fine though.

I don't know what PS2 games you want to play but a lot are being ported or being put on PSN.

diffusionx said:
I honestly wouldn't buy an old BC system unless its seen very little use. The reliability of them is... mediocre at best. Nothing like RROD but failing is not uncommon. A used Slim should be fine though.

I don't know what PS2 games you want to play but a lot are being ported or being put on PSN.

He speaks wise words. I used to have a BC PS3 and the thing died on me. So instead I just picked up a super cheap PS2 for my old PS2 gaming needs.

diffusionx said:

I agree. I've had two 60 GB units break on me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ick, OK. If they plan to port a good number of PS2 titles over (really would love to see an FF12 and X port...wishful thinking), I may just bite for a newer slim line. I was afraid of reliability issues, and Franklinator and KoreanBarbecue confirmed that. -_-

Thanks for the pro-tips!

diffusionx

Gold Member
nicoga3000 said:
Ick, OK. If they plan to port a good number of PS2 titles over (really would love to see an FF12 and X port...wishful thinking), I may just bite for a newer slim line. I was afraid of reliability issues, and Franklinator and KoreanBarbecue confirmed that. -_-

Thanks for the pro-tips!

Final Fantasy X has already been confirmed (it's also coming to Vita). See?

bubnbob

Banned
I feel so bad reading Aomori's story because if even this one person was going to go through with it, consider all those other people easily giving their info away. This is why we still get spam emails : (

NeOak

WTS: Dark Souls CE for Xbox 360 Sealed + Strategy Guide Sealed $110 Shipped in the US (I'd like to sell this as a bundle.)

Photo0024.jpg

I accept Paypal, but you pay the fees. I dont have the time to play it and I need to buy a new cell phone :(

Franklinator said:
I agree. I've had two 60 GB units break on me.

My 60GB has been going strong, but I barely use it at all, just as a BD player. That and the IC Diamond I used to replace the paste when I got it back from Sony 2 years ago.

The FW on my PS3 is still v3.41 lol

bubnbob said:
I feel so bad reading Aomori's story because if even this one person was going to go through with it, consider all those other people easily giving their info away. This is why we still get spam emails : (

People just need to remember one rule - if the person paying you is having you send the item to someone else, in a different country, no less = scam.

kodt

Banned
Strange request but is anyone willing to purchase AnyDVD HD for me if I PayPal them the money?

They only accept VISA and I just so happen to only have MasterCard and Discover. This is a real pain in the ass.

I will pay enough to cover costs + a little extra for your trouble.

Hay guise I have two Items for sale

Creative Sound Blaster Xfi 7.1 internal sound card Model: SB0790 $20 Shipped.

and...

Cisco Linksys WRT120N Wireless N router $20 shipped.

If interested please, please, please shoot me a pm

Aomori said:

Classic scam dude, run.

SELLING
- worldwide shipping
- doesn't include shipping (where applicable) or paypal fees

$11 - Japanese 3DS/DSi/Wii 1000 Points Card
$22 - Japanese 3DS/DSi/Wii 2000 Points Card

$8 - DSi XL Mario Hat Case (from Club Nintendo Japan) [new in bag]

+ lots of Mario/DK/Zelda/Kirby merchandise (inquire for list with prices/pictures)

WANT
Zelda OoT 3D promo posters
Zelda OoT 3D Australian Ocarina/Euro Cap/UK Pen
Nintendo gamescom items (shirts, pins, etc)
Yahoo Japan Auctions bidder
Red Classic Controller (new or mint)

Jubs

Paperback books on sale.

Every book that is listed is in good condition - unless stated otherwise - meaning that the pages in each book are nice, clean and crisp, and only a few creases on the front, spine, and/or back cover. Amazon link provided for each book, to give you an idea on what each book is about.

You Shall Know Our Velocity! - $3.
A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius - $3.
What is the What - $3
Life of Pi - $3. This one is in great condition. Minimal markings and creasing.
The Mysteries of Pittsburgh - $3
How Green Was My Valley - $3. This one has a small used bookstore sticker on the spine, and a small sauce stain just on the inside cover (not caused by me).
The Plot Against America - $4.50.
An African in Greenland - $5.50.
Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal - $4.50
The Ghost Writer - $3.50
The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay - $5.50
The First Three Minutes: A Modern View of the Origin of The Universe - $5.50

My Feedback: 123456789.

Items ship USPS First-Class. Paypal only. I also do international shipping, for an additional $3.50. Ships next business day.

Halvie

Banned
Hey,

Getting way way too many products, so I am looking to sell some stuff. Would prefer to sell several things/all of this at a time to cut down on the shipping cost. Not really interested in parting it all out one at a time.

6234994308_c6f38b1dcd_b.jpg

Here is what I have so far:

Adam's Buttery Wax: 90% full: $14
Adam's Super Machine Wax: $14
Adam's Firehose Nozzle: $25
1Z einszett Anti-Insekt Bug + Tar Remover: Full - $7
P21S 100% Carnauba Wax: ~ 95%+ left: $32
1Z Glanx Wax: ~90% left: $9
Adam's Glass Cleaner: ~75% left: $20

Thanks,
Troy

Status