• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm looking to buy BioShock 2 Steam key and the DLC Minerva's Den. If anyone is interested in selling PM me. I'll take the base game or both if possible.

AwRy108

I'm with you.

It feels like if I want to sell something here then i have people looking over my shoulder to make sure it's a satisfactory price. I should be able to sell items at whatever price I want even if it absurd.

This exactly. People should be ashamed that LQX--a long-time user of this thread--felt the need to take his item down simply b/c another user found a better price elsewhere and was too ignorant to privately message him about it. I mean how dare someone try to break even or perhaps--*GASP!*--try to make a bit of profit in a thread devoted to commerce... LQX even went on to state that he was simply trying to break even with his sale; but if changes in the market end up making that difficult for him to do, he'll find that out on his own when he's unable to move the item for his asking price. He's not holding a gun to anyone's head.

The combination of the feedback list, the integrity of most GAF'ers, and the severity of the bans has kept this thread more honest than most other self-policed marketplaces on the internet. Also, I'd be willing to bet that at least 90% of the items being sold in this thread are being done so at a loss to the seller.

Someone acting as a self-instated price moderator better be ready to make it a friggin' full-time job--one in such a position can't simply pick and chose who to call out. Even then, said moderator can't possibly know every individual's circumstances regarding how they originally obtained the thing they're selling.

In short: this thread has worked elegantly for many GAF'ers for a long time, so people need to quit shitting it up by publicly shaming someone when an item they're selling is cheaper at some other random retailer.

This exactly. People should be ashamed that LQX--a long-time user of this thread--felt the need to take his item down simply b/c another user found a better price elsewhere and was too ignorant to privately message him about it. I mean how dare someone try to break even or perhaps--*GASP!*--try to make a bit of profit in a thread devoted to commerce... LQX even went on to state that he was simply trying to break even with his sale; but if changes in the market end up making that difficult for him to do, he'll find that out on his own when he's unable to move the item for his asking price. He's not holding a gun to anyone's head.

The combination of the feedback list, the integrity of most GAF'ers, and the severity of the bans has kept this thread more honest than most other self-policed marketplaces on the internet. Also, I'd be willing to bet that at least 90% of the items being sold in this thread are being done so at a loss to the seller.

Someone acting as a self-instated price moderator better be ready to make it a friggin' full-time job--one in such a position can't simply pick and chose who to call out. Even then, said moderator can't possibly know every individual's circumstances regarding how they originally obtained the thing they're selling.

In short: this thread has worked elegantly for many GAF'ers for a long time, so people need to quit shitting it up by publicly shaming someone when an item they're selling is cheaper at some other random retailer.

Again, this thread is also for buyers. It's not ignorant at all to point out when there is a better deal for someone. No one is here to buy things at retail prices.

Selling WW HD US digital code along with the Hryule Historia Book digital code for $40.00. I can PM/email the codes once payment is received. Paypal only

PM me if interested.

Edit: Sold it on EBay

Again, this thread is also for buyers. It's not ignorant at all to point out when there is a better deal for someone. No one is here to buy things at retail prices.

Which side am I on during this B/S/T debate?! All very good points, but I will say that anyone should be able to sell at whatever price they see fit; however, being mindful of current prices wouldn't hurt either, especially if they're popular front page items on GAF, CAG and SD.

Let them ask whatever price they want. If it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell. That's market punishment enough, let them come to terms with valuation. In my opinion, when you post something, you're soliciting for interested persons, not for unwanted opinions. Do the same users harass buyers looking for something "below market", or is this simply an auto aggro on sellers?

TP

Want to Sell
Have a Uplay code from the Nvidia promotion

Assassins Creed Black Flag $20 [SOLD]

Paypal preferred, gift payment or cover the transaction fee yourself

b8wkY7y.png

JudgmentZefhyr

Neo Member
WTB:

Soul Hackers for 3DS (first run copy with exterior box and soundtrack)
Fire Emblem Awakening for 3DS (with preorder artbook)

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen for PS3

Ar Tonelico for PS2 (the deluxe edition one with the exterior box cover and artbook)
Yakuza 2 for PS2
Tales of Legendia for PS2

Soul Sacrifice for Vita (looking for the preorder bonus content as well, which are the dual costumes, three magic items, and Japanese voice pack)

Must be willing to ship to Canada, contact if you have any of these for sale. Willing to pay additional shipping if required.

WTB/TRADE:Raymen legends(vita),Tearaway (vita). Need to be willing To ship internationally. PM me games your looking for. Oh and I also have this figure's sealed 4 per game.
hRWrJ2Zh.jpg

Hip Hop

Selling:

Selling Nintendo 3DS Flame Red. Comes with cradle and charging cable along with a 2gb SD Card. Comes with manuals and original box. Has some scratches at the bottom but everything else including screens are in great condition.

Want:
Paypal gift or Amazon GC: $130 shipped

U.S. Only.

Petrie

Banned

If there's some obscure Kmart clearance or something, fine, but the Fire Emblem sale is pretty readily available, and if you read my initial post, all I did was post the link and said his price might be tough, it was those who took issue with that who made it into a public shaming when none needed to be had. I'm not going to take it to PM and not make my fellow GAF buyers aware of the easily available better price.

^what he said.

Which side am I on during this B/S/T debate?! All very good points, but I will say that anyone should be able to sell at whatever price they see fit; however, being mindful of current prices wouldn't hurt either, especially if they're popular front page items on GAF, CAG and SD.

This. Unless the rules of this thread are to be changed so no discussion on prices and such, then what I did was fine and well within the rules. Perhaps it's an issue where the rules shouldn't be so grey, as what some consider:

There's no need to guilt people for selling things they got for free, or making a big fuss out of perceived overcharging.

to mean my not be the same for others. I saw no big fuss in my initial post, and would say the complainers made the big fuss.

As a buyer, I have no care in the world how much you paid for an item or how much you need to make back to cover yourself. The only thing that matters to me is market price, and if I missed or am missing a price drop at a retailer and it's pointed out in this thread, that's a help to the community.

Exactly. Sellers should understand that how much they paid for something to a buyer means nothing. I don't understand how that is relevant to any discussion at all.

I forgot to do this, but super positive feedback for xaosslug. We had a trade in place, and due to a family emergency, I had to delay it a few days to fly somewhere else, having already been out of town when we agreed on the trade. He was super understanding and patient, and we were able to eventually pull the trade off when I got home. Stand up GAF member right there. I really, really appreciate it.

Edit: I was curious if I left feedback for all of the people I've bought off of, and would you look at that, I forgot to give positive feedback not once, but TWICE to StrongHammer22 from deals like two months ago. I'm so sorry!

iHEO

Banned
Hello everyone, I'm a steam game seller, I've done 10 or more trades on neogaf, not much but I have hundreds positive rep on other trading sites.

About the games that I'm selling, all of them are in steam gift form, region free, multi language. Contact me by adding me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/iHEO/, or add my alt account http://steamcommunity.com/id/ALexUi/ or add me on skype: longnguyen259. My friendlist is usually full so it is recommended to add me on skype.

Here is the list of my best sellers, I have almost everything on steam but I can't list them all, if you're looking for something that's not in the list feel free to contact me.

Best sellers/On sales/Pre-Order

War of the Vikings - $14

War of the Vikings 4-Pack - $44

War of the Vikings - Valhalla Edition - $66

War of the Vikings - Blood Eagle Edition - $18

Rekoil - $8

Rekoil 3-Pack - $15

The Walking Dead: Season 2 - $15

Maia - $13

FINAL FANTASY VIII - $10.5

Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul - $10

PAYDAY 2: Gage Weapon Pack #01 - $4

Starbound - $9 (2 copies left)

Starbound 4-Pack - $33

Omerta City of Gangsters - $6

Omerta City of Gangsters Pre-Order 2-Pack - $9

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed - $3.5

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed 4-Pack - $9

Other games

XCOM: Enemy Within - $20

Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Standard Edition ROW - $32

PES 2014 - $36

LogoMaker 4 - $15

MovieWriterPro - $15

If you're looking for something else, feel free to add me for price check, I can get almost everything on steam, my friendlist is full so you can add my alt account http://steamcommunity.com/id/ALexUi/ or my skype longnguyen259 for faster response.

Even then, said moderator can't possibly know every individual's circumstances regarding how they originally obtained the thing they're selling.

As a buyer, I have no care in the world how much you paid for an item or how much you need to make back to cover yourself. The only thing that matters to me is market price, and if I missed or am missing a price drop at a retailer and it's pointed out in this thread, that's a help to the community.

As a seller, I need to know my market and make sure my price is in line. I understand nobody owes me anything and that video games especially have very volatile prices especially around the holidays. I need to be able to adjust accordingly or wait until the market stabilizes. A lot of this stuff in the thread could probably be moved easier and for more money in about February when you aren't competing against Best Buy making their Christmas quota.

n64coder

WTB

3DS - Fire Emblem (up to 2 copies)
3DS - Rune Factory 4 (up to 2 copies)
Nintendo DS Lite, preferable cobalt blue but could do other colors. My daughter's DS has a broken hinge and the d-pad is in bad shape.

Harvest Moon a New Begining Yak Plush
31snb7gwJTL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

12" Premium Plush Cow Promo - Harvest Moon: A New Beginning 15th Anniversary Edition
41Frr6TCsWL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

Let me know if you have any of them and what you're willing to sell them for. These are all on my daughters' christmas list. I'm located in the US.

DontBlink

As a seller, I need to know my market and make sure my price is in line.

As a buyer, it's your responsibility to check for deals if you want to get the best price. If you overpay for something then you can only blame yourself for not doing enough research.

As someone mentioned before, this is a B/S/T thread and not "deal alert".

By "helping your fellow GAFers", you are always hurting someone else, in this case the seller, so your justification is not valid at all.

Chairhome

For sale:
Please see notes, some of these are box/manual only
bzWuzwNl.jpg

Taiko Drum Master (US PS2) with box. includes the sealed game. - best offer
qHCJ0QOl.jpg

ALL of these are only boxes and manual, systems and accessories not included.
I also have a DSi box and some others in my attic. Will take shipping plus $10-15 for some of these.

ss8LSxLl.jpg

Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 11
Used, but deactivated so free to use again.
$45 or best offer. Can send the box with media/manuals or email the registration codes and download link.

COMICS updated 11/17
Added a bunch of comics, including 3D covers from Forever Evil (DC), Ultimate Spider-Man, Lots of current DC
COMICS. Selling mostly for $1 each, plus shipping. Shipping will be via flat rate box. Can discount if you buy a lot. Please check it out! I have too many comics :-D

Hello everyone, I'm a steam game seller, I've done 10 or more trades on neogaf, not much but I have hundreds positive rep on other trading sites.

About the games that I'm selling, all of them are in steam gift form, region free, multi language. Contact me by adding me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/iHEO/, or add my alt account http://steamcommunity.com/id/ALexUi/ or add me on skype: longnguyen259. My friendlist is usually full so it is recommended to add me on skype.

Here is the list of my best sellers, I have almost everything on steam but I can't list them all, if you're looking for something that's not in the list feel free to contact me.

Best sellers/On sales/Pre-Order

War of the Vikings - $14

War of the Vikings 4-Pack - $44

War of the Vikings - Valhalla Edition - $66

War of the Vikings - Blood Eagle Edition - $18

Rekoil - $8

Rekoil 3-Pack - $15

The Walking Dead: Season 2 - $15

Maia - $13

FINAL FANTASY VIII - $10.5

Total War: ROME II - Caesar in Gaul - $10

PAYDAY 2: Gage Weapon Pack #01 - $4

Starbound - $9 (2 copies left)

Starbound 4-Pack - $33

Omerta City of Gangsters - $6

Omerta City of Gangsters Pre-Order 2-Pack - $9

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed - $3.5

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed 4-Pack - $9

Other games

XCOM: Enemy Within - $20

Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Standard Edition ROW - $32

PES 2014 - $36

LogoMaker 4 - $15

MovieWriterPro - $15

If you're looking for something else, feel free to add me for price check, I can get almost everything on steam, my friendlist is full so you can add my alt account http://steamcommunity.com/id/ALexUi/ or my skype longnguyen259 for faster response.

Sent ya a message.

AwRy108

Agreed: as a buyer, you should be aware of current market prices--that makes you an informed consumer. But it's not a fair and equal system if a self-appointed user takes on the role of "GAF secret shopper" by calling out random posters in the public arena. The open marketplace has always managed this thread accordingly, and always will; but someone acting as a thread nazi is just inviting a shit-storm for both them and the thread as a whole.

As a buyer, it's your responsibility to check for deals if you want to get the best price. If you overpay for something then you can only blame yourself for not doing enough research.

By "helping your fellow GAFers", you are always hurting someone else, in this case the seller, so your justification is not valid at all.

This.

For instance, if I was looking to get a copy of Fire Emblem and came across LQX's post, I would've chosen to search a few retailers to get a grasp on the item's market price (which, BTW, takes mere seconds to do), and them PM'd the seller if I was interested in asking for a lower sale price.

Calling out random people in a public forum when you have ZERO background information about the person or the item's history is flat out a dick move--at a minimum, use the PM system and let the seller use their own discretion when considering price adjustments.

Petrie

Banned

His justification is perfectly valid. There is nothing in the rules that indicates saying "this is available for this price here" is against them. The closest thing is the "no linking to outside sales", but that implies not to link your own Ebay auction or some-such. Sellers not liking a practice does not mean it should be forbidden, and the community seems pretty split on the issue, as expected.

Calling out random people in a public forum when you have ZERO background information about the person or the item's history is flat out a dick move--at a minimum, use the PM system and let the seller use their own discretion when considering price adjustments.

This is absurd. The items history or history of the person means nothing here. If the community wants to amend the rules so they are more clear on this issue that's fine, but until then the way I approached the post was well within the rules and spirit of this thread. If I can't do what I did then nobody should be able to say a damn word next time we get the humble bundle key scalpers in here.

Unrelated:

Looking to trade KZ:SF straight up for NFS: Rivals. Also interested in other PS4 related things like the camera. P4 Golden is on my radar as well. Any interesting offers are welcome though.

I have:

Iphone 4S (Verizon) includes accessories of: car charger, bluetooth headset, vehicle mount, leather case, and various others.

PS4:

Killzone Shadowfall

Xbox 360:

Old style console with 60 gig HD and 1-4 controllers available, all wireless and in good shape. Console is the last of the models released before the slim so has the much more reliable chipset, but has been modified as well.

360 controllers available, including the Gears of War 3 limited edition

PS3:

Sly HD Collection like new
God of War Collection sealed
Resistance: FoM
Disney Infinity Starter set (new, sealed)

Handhelds:

Blue DSi with accesories

A white DS Lite console in good condition.

The Zelda limited edition DS Lite. Turns on but screen is blank. Could be an easy repair for someone as a throw in with a trade.

Steam Gifts:

Forge
Just Cause
Hero Academy
Faerie Solitaire
Worms
Civilization 4

Steam codes for: Titan Quest, Puzzle Agent 2, Zen Bound 2, Dawn of War II, Humble Klei Bundle Games, Humble Bundle 8

3DS:

Kingdom Hearts: DDD (sealed)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (pending out)
Pilotwings Resort

Skylanders Giants for 3DS with the portal (unused) and the Cynder and Tree Rex figures. Package is unused only missing the Punch Pop Fizz figurine my girl wanted from it.

Misc:

Diablo 3 Collector's Edition: code used but everything else pristine condition

Persona 3 FES for PS2

2 copies of Lord of the Rings trilogy on Bluray new and sealed (non-extended)

2 sets of the Cards Against Humanity Limited release Xmas Expansion

A sealed copy of the Summoner Wars Master Set

I'm very laid back and willing to make deals to find good homes for my stuff, so don't hesitate to shoot em any offers. Prefer trades as it's more fun though!

Chorazin

WTT:

My Club Nintendo code from either A Link Between Worlds OR Super Mario 3D World

for

Your Killzone: Shadow Fall "Shadow Pack" pre-order DLC code.

Probably a long shot, but I figure what the heck! :-D

Colin.

Accept PPG as payment, with you covering any fees this incurs. Or Amazon gift card. I'm also very much open to a full, or part exchange from my Steam wishlist, as well as my Amazon wishlist.

All physical item pricing includes postage, within the UK.

NeoGAF Plus Seller

WTS

Steam

Call of Duty: Ghosts - $38 (Retail key)
Grid 2 - $15
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - $8
Civilization IV: Complete - $5
The Stronghold Collection - $5
Little Inferno - $3
Just Cause - $2
Ironclads: Anthology - $2
Nightsky - $2
Tropico 3 - $1

3DS

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - £23
Super Mario 3D Land - £22
Blue 3DS XL Console (like new) - £110 (pics later)

Wii U

Arkham Origins (New and Sealed) - £20

Reclaimer

Anyone looking to buy a brand new, unopened, black GCW Zero handheld? Comes with everything the kickstarted edition has, plus a hard case. PM for offers!

Anyone wanna buy Wii U premium with 6 games? Will ship to European countries

Games:

New super mario bros U
New Super Luigi U
Super mario 3d world
Nintendo Land
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (digital)
Sonic all star racing (digital)

Want 250 euro for it all. I think the shipping is 25 euro. So 275 euro in total

Quake1028

FS Only. PP Gift only. CONUS only.

Batman: Arkham Origins with Deathstroke DLC - $25.00 shipped
The Last of Us with online pass - $26.50 shipped
Paper sleeves, sealed from BF 2013 Bundle

http://i.imgur.com/c7UOKgH.jpg

Call of Duty Ghosts X360 Brand new and sealed - $43.00 shipped
http://i.imgur.com/rfeVEyt.jpg

Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Complete, CN code USED) - $28.00 shipped
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (Complete, CN code USED) - $31.50 shipped
Project X Zone LE (Includes all content, CN code USED) - $31.50 shipped

Looking to buy Assassins Creed 4 for PS4 around the $40 range shipped. I'm US and can do paypal gift. PM me please.

Edit: Found one thanks nextgeneration

asdad123

want to sell:

iPad with Retina Display (4th gen with lightning connector). 16gb white mint condition with box, smoke grey tpu case and navy blue leather Smart Cover.

iPad is in mint condition. The Smart Cover has normal wear/tear for being used over the span of 2 years.

Warranty until May 27th, 2014.

$350 shipped.

00L0L_jPDc2QA5FI9_600x450.jpg

01313_frq35LTZ2g0_600x450.jpg

00505_edc7pgdxh7s_600x450.jpg

Bump. Will consider trading for an android phone (ATT or unlocked)

rc213

Humble Deep Silver Bundle $6 Paypal Gift

Humble Origin Bundle $6 Paypal Gift

(Ultraviolet Codes)
Pacific Rim (From Blu-Ray) $4 Paypal Gift
Drive (From Blu-Ray) $3 Paypal Gift
The Dark Knight Rises $3 Paypal Gift

Savages (Digital Copy iTunes) Free With Any Other Purchase

NeoGaf+

Silex

WTB

Hearthstone Beta key - around 15$, Paypal

I need it quite fast, I'll appreciate a quick deal.

Thanks!

EDIT: And it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom