• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
i called paypal, and they basically said there was nothnig they could do. im going to call my Credit card tomorrow.

i've opened an unauthorized transaction case and basically gave a good write up of what happened. i'd advise you do the same if you can

at the very least they should shut down that paypal account so no one else has the same problem

Anyone selling a Saturn bundle?

My wife wants to get me one for my birthday that preferably would allow for import games. She's not happy with any of the options on ebay.

Thanks!

WTS

For sale a NTSC Black Original 3DS with 12 games plus Skylanders Figures. All items come with original packaging barring the Skylanders Figurines.

The items are as follows

Original Black 3DS US Model: does have minor screen scratches on the main screen caused by edges on bottom screen, however these can only been seen if playing in sunlight or with a bright light shinning on the screen.

3DS Games:
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario Kart 7
Bit Trip Saga
Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
Skylanders + 16 Normal Skylander Figures and various accessory thingos
Skylanders Giants + Giant
Cubix Ninja
Super Street Fighter 4
Driver
BlazBlu
Resident Evil Mercenaries

Skylanders:
Spyro
Double Trouble
Drill Sergeant
Drobot
Slam Bam
Zap
Bash
Terrafin
Sunburn
Ignitor
Ghost Roaster
Hex
Sonic Boom
Lightning Rod
Stealth Elf
Zook
Tree Rex

Looking for $250 (plus shipping) for the lot, not interested in selling items individually. PM for more info.

Want to Buy or Trade for:

Pokemon Black Ver. 2 for $15-20 shipped.

PRICE DROPS!
WTS:

Games

SMT IV Artbook/Box/CD (GAME not included): $20 shipped

TV

Justified Seasons 1-4 (4 is Blu-ray): $60 shipped
Game of Thrones Season 2 Blu-ray: $30 shipped
Girls Season 1: $15 shipped
Veep Season 1: $15 shipped

Fitness:

FoEnqJi.jpg

Motorola MotoACTV Fitness Watch 8GB - $50 shipped
- Includes watchband, armband, USB cable/wall charger, and possibly screen protectors if I can find them.
OR Trade for a Fitbit Flex

PM if interested, GAF Gold, buy with confidence! Paypal preferred!

Samuray

and Jason Colin gets banned, shortly after i send payment for a jaguar to him... awesome

A Jaguar, you say? Fascinating.....right up until to the moment he got banned we were working on a deal involving said Jaguar.

Or maybe he has two for sale.............

zulux21

This is my suggestion:

Why not allow members to give the privilege to sell stuff only unless the junior member has previous selling experience in EBay, Amazon, or other legit sites? The junior can PM other members to privately sell video game related stuff but the buyer has to take the risk on buying from them.

This may reduce the risk on getting duped IMO.

Again, only my suggestion.

I really don't see any reason why this would be needed. If you don't trust juniors that's fine, just don't buy from them, but we don't have to complicate things by adding more restrictions. We are a bunch of intelligent people, we should be able to figure out who to trust if we actually sit back and think that there is a chance we could get scammed here despite the great community...

that being said I feel like I am the only one that never pays for things via paypal gift but always just adjust to cover the fees :p

Aselith

This is my suggestion:

Why not allow members to give the privilege to sell stuff only unless the junior member has previous selling experience in EBay, Amazon, or other legit sites? The junior can PM other members to privately sell video game related stuff but the buyer has to take the risk on buying from them.

This may reduce the risk on getting duped IMO.

Again, only my suggestion.

How would that be different than it is now?

A Jaguar, you say? Fascinating.....right up until to the moment he got banned we were working on a deal involving said Jaguar.

Or maybe he has two for sale.............

Awesome....

i'd advise anyone who sent him a payment to open up a case with paypal. when 1 person opens a case it's one persons word versus another... when its a group of people with transactions all within the same time period, its easier to see where the fault is

Friggz

this is the latest email from "jason colins"

"Im not sure if you were told but the paypal account and this email were compromised. The person used moneygram for fast withdrawl. I am trying to see if I can refund the gifts you send, however, you must do so with a snad/item claim, or a chargeback. A Ua claim will close your paypal account. Its also false on top of that."

so not only did this person compromise a paypal account..they made the effort of posting on neogaf in the B/S/T thread with good deals on quality games.

that just seems like to much effort for me. oh well.

maxcriden

Those are the kinds of deals he was offering? High demand games far below ebay price? And you guys didn't suspect anything?

Hey, he wanted to trade me jungle climber DS for klonoa or kirby air ride. I've been trying to sell jungle climber for ages! Haha.

sabanoo

Those are the kinds of deals he was offering? High demand games far below ebay price? And you guys didn't suspect anything?

I dunno... The prices I was offered were OK at best. Strange some things were such steals and other things were not.

SmokeMaxX

this is the latest email from "jason colins"

"Im not sure if you were told but the paypal account and this email were compromised. The person used moneygram for fast withdrawl. I am trying to see if I can refund the gifts you send, however, you must do so with a snad/item claim, or a chargeback. A Ua claim will close your paypal account. Its also false on top of that."

so not only did this person compromise a paypal account..they made the effort of posting on neogaf in the B/S/T thread with good deals on quality games.

that just seems like to much effort for me. oh well.
Lol. Some guy steals his Paypal account and leaves the password the same so that their actions can be seen in real time. He has no way of returning the gifts. That doesn't even make sense. From what money source is he going to return anybody's money? I'm assuming a "UA" claim is unauthorized payment. Good luck proving that the claim is false. And if he truly got his account hacked, why would he care what you did to get your money back? Sounds like an idiot who's trying his hardest not to get caught scamming people.

That being said, the fact that we can understand the email may be evidence that the person who sent the email isn't the same person who posted in this thread.

paolo11

How would that be different than it is now?

Right now, some juniors advertise their sale and we trust their advertisement because we are on a trust worthy site. We got cases happening recently that some buyers are getting duped and the sellers are juniors.

If we give selling privileges to members only, it may reduce the issue.

Of course, some juniors may privately sell stuff to the community by sending PM but it will not be advertised in this thread. Our goal is to make this thread a safe haven for buying and selling.

Again, it's only my suggestion and my intention is to help this community. I care for this community. I want to hear more ideas from you, my friends.

Of course my suggestion may not be foolproof but at least we may see improvements.

zulux21

Right now, some juniors advertise their sale and we trust their advertisement because we are on a trust worthy site. We got cases happening recently that some buyers are getting duped and the sellers are juniors.

Of course, some juniors may privately sell stuff to the community by sending PM but it will not be advertised in this thread. Our goal is to make this thread a safe haven for buying and selling.

Again, it's only my suggestion and my intention is to help this community. I care for this community. I want to hear more ideas from you, my friends.

Of course my suggestion may not be foolproof but at least we may see improvements.

there is no real reason to limit what juniors can do... if you are worried a junior could scam you it's simple... don't buy from juniors... just because there is a bad egg every once in a while doesn't mean everyone else should get the short end of the stick. (heck some of the best sellers I have seen in the thread were juniors for a while)

There is no real way to be completely safe with stuff... I mean hell a trusted seller could end up running into huge issues more money then they could get by selling their stuff legit, and decide to just get as much money as they can as fast as they can and burn the neogaf bridge to get themselves out of money issues... in general we should just be happy that we have way less scammers then other places.

sabanoo

Isn't that the point of keeping track of feedback?

paolo11

Isn't that the point of keeping track of feedback?

Yes but some of the junior member sellers are extremely new to this forum and we don't exactly know how credible they are.

Or how about this? For junior members, why don't they sell a small value at first and build credibility from there?

My mind lacks creativity but my passion on helping this thread will not dwindle. PM me instead with ideas and let's see how we can prevent duping moving forward.

Anyway, WTB

FF X Vita for cheap price.

sabanoo

Yes but some of the junior member sellers are extremely new to this forum and we don't exactly know how credible they are.

That's... what I'm saying. That's what the feedback is for. If someone has no or little feedback maybe don't send them PP gifts?

paolo11

That's... what I'm saying. That's what the feedback is for. If someone has no or little feedback maybe don't send them PP gifts?

Ah, can you get your money back immediately if you don't send them PayPal gift? I honestly didn't know that.

SmokeMaxX

Unfortunately scamming can happen at anytime for any reason. Whatever safeguards you put into place, a trader can always do a few good transactions before scamming everyone. I mean, hell Yuripaw was a Plus Buyer and Seller and he scammed people. Granted he did it from a dupe account, but he could've very easily scammed people from his main account. I wouldn't mind having a Heatware type system in place where people's comments can be recorded. That way patterns can be established. A Positive/Negative/Neutral feedback won't always tell the whole story.

Friggz

sadly, the new web ui of paypal screwed up my settings i had when i had payment set up to default to non-gift. i switched back to the old version.

Neverfade

Still looking to sell a launch PS Vita. 3G/Wifi, in fantastic shape, very lightly used.

140ish shipped. Let's talk.

Also, I have a code (for the full game) for Wildstar. $35

$475 + Shipping

Sager NP6165:

15.6" FHD 16:9 LED Backlit Wide screen (1920x1080) Matte Screen
- 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3610QM (2.3GHz - 3.3GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache, 45W Max TDP)
- Stock OEM Thermal Compound
- nVidia GT 650M 1024MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11 with Optimus™ Technology
- 8GB - DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory
- 256gb Crucial M4 SSD
- 750gb 7200RPM HDD

http://m.imgur.com/a/qKYlb

I have this laptop since Summer 2012. It comes with Windows 7.
Mouse-pad is slightly worn and cover has scratches. Some little rubber parts are absent. Battery is at 40% capacity.

Nvidia Daylight - $10

• Windows 7 Pro MSDN Key 32/64 bit - $30
  • Windows 8.1 Pro MSDN Key 32/64 bit - $30

Aselith

Most of the big scandals we've had were from established members. It sucks when it happens but it's not really about someone being a junior.

M3z_

3 R9 290 Asus Direct CUII $300, be ready for Witcher 3 ;-)

US48 Only Paypal

x3 R9 290 Asus DirectCU II $300 *No mining & Original Box*

ePiJJv9l.jpg

BY9nxC3l.jpg

hitsugi

WTB: PS3 controller. Doesn't have to be dualshock, and pretty much any color besides pink, metallic, or any see-through variant. Has to be a real Sony controller.... that's about it. Mine's going crazy hitting left and random buttons so you can imagine what Dark Souls 2 has become for me.

$500 + Shipping

Sager NP6165:

15.6" FHD 16:9 LED Backlit Wide screen (1920x1080) Matte Screen
- 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3610QM (2.3GHz - 3.3GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache, 45W Max TDP)
- Stock OEM Thermal Compound
- nVidia GT 650M 1024MB PCI-Express GDDR5 DX11 with Optimus™ Technology
- 8GB - DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory
- 256gb Crucial M4 SSD
- 750gb 7200RPM HDD

http://m.imgur.com/a/qKYlb

I have this laptop since Summer 2012. It comes with Windows 7.
Mouse-pad is slightly worn and cover has scratches. Some little rubber parts are absent. Battery is at 40% capacity.

Nvidia Daylight - $10

• Windows 7 Pro MSDN Key 32/64 bit - $30
  • Windows 8.1 Pro MSDN Key 32/64 bit - $30

IS the 8.1 just the activation key that makes it Genuine Windows?

televator

WTB: PS3 controller. Doesn't have to be dualshock, and pretty much any color besides pink, metallic, or any see-through variant. Has to be a real Sony controller.... that's about it. Mine's going crazy hitting left and random buttons so you can imagine what Dark Souls 2 has become for me.

There's a ribbon inside the DS3 that's really easy to knock loose. My controller got stuck hitting left. Reajusted the ribbon and all was good. Easy fix so yours sounds salvagable to me if you're willing to open it.

Arthos

Personally, I look at feedback first before thinking whether or not I buy something from someone and send it to them as a Paypal gift or payment. If you choose to send gift then you alone run the risk of getting scammed. But then it is a two-way street sometimes - if you're selling something valuable and receive the payment via. Paypal payment, you might be worried that the buyer will file a charge back or something and BAM, there goes the money and the item.

I think overall we have to realize that we are making transactions over the internet and with that will always come a risk. Feedback does help, yes, but scamming can happen even with a lot of positive feedback. I've even seen people on CAG get banned for scamming while having tons (100+) of feedback.

It's sometimes better to think about whether you want to gift the payment or not. I've gotten in the habit of just sending payments as gift both here and on CAG which is what I imagine has happened to most of you, too.

Anyways....

Have:

Tales of the Abyss PS2 (complete)
VcpJiUh.jpg

Cube World account (Don't want it - if you want it, it's yours for free).
Paypal/Amazon

Want:

Paypal
Little King's Story (complete)

Bringing this back! If the Cube World account goes against the rules, lemme know and I'll remove the listing. I've just had the account there and haven't touched it since I got it months ago. Figure someone might as well have it and use it.

Also have a bunch of feedback on CAG if you rather deal there. PM me!

Hip Hop

WTS:

Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Club Code Used).

Basically Like New, just used the Club Code.

Want:
$43.60 Paypal shipped with USPS tracking number.
U.S.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, can you get your money back immediately if you don't send them PayPal gift? I honestly didn't know that.
There's a fair bit of protection if you pay with a straight Paypal account. I have been buying and selling in this thread for years, and I am thankful that on that one payment I did not send a gift. I covered the costs, despite the seller asking for a gift payment.

My rule of thumb is that I'll send a gift if I feel comfortable with the seller, as a favor to them to cover the fees. Whenever I list stuff I assume fees will come out of the payment. I'd rather people sent me straight payments most of the time since it's easier to do postage then, heh. Anyway, I guess the point I'm making is that I think it's probably best if people deal in regular Paypal payments (it's easy enough to figure out what the amount needs to be), or use alternate payment methods if they want to avoid fees. It's just safer for everyone.

ryuen

Positive feedback for ryuen. Sent me the code in no time and it worked just fine, thanks again!

+1 for tiggerkiddo as a buyer!

I have another Mario Kart 8 code for sale, $20 PP gifted. If you've sent me a message and I didn't respond, send another. I check pretty frequently!

the deal we had was a bit below ebay value but nothing too crazy.... which is why it wasn't too suspicious. he was a junior member but i was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for whatever reason.

anyways, it is what it is. if i get my money back awesome, if not i'll just work with paypal as much as i can to make sure his account is shut down so no one else can get scammed

Seik

Banned
Unfortunately scamming can happen at anytime for any reason. Whatever safeguards you put into place, a trader can always do a few good transactions before scamming everyone. I mean, hell Yuripaw was a Plus Buyer and Seller and he scammed people. Granted he did it from a dupe account, but he could've very easily scammed people from his main account. I wouldn't mind having a Heatware type system in place where people's comments can be recorded. That way patterns can be established. A Positive/Negative/Neutral feedback won't always tell the whole story.

Sad thing that even long time established members resort to this. :(

I never had a bad experience on GAF so far and I had a LOT of transactions here. So I'd say it's already a safe haven for starters. People just need to be careful I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom