• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 2 | Hanks Got Nothing on This Money Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunan

@Oreoleo and Greencard - That's what I'd like to do. The US postal service probably dropped the package or something, though I admit that my first thought was that he damaged the case himself in an effort to scam me -- all the valuable parts of this item are either intact (disc, booklet) or already used by him (minion)

Did he admit to using the code for the minion or are you just assuming? If so I'd only offer partial to replace the case. Usually Ebay fucks over sellers but if he admitted he used the code already then it's a big plus for your case.

I'm not just assuming; he asked me to e-mail him the minion code as soon as he paid, and I did. Just now I tried entering it on Square Enix's site and was told that it had already been used. A little digging reveals his FFXIV character's name, and I could probably even find out if that character is the one who has the minion, though he could possibly claim that he bought it somewhere else.

Ebay is infamous for favoring the buyer in every possible way so I'd like to get this guy to accept a partial refund before going to eBay. All he has to do is not admit to using the code and he scams me out of it, even if he returns the disc.

c-murph

Hey GAF, I need some advice.

This is why I prefer selling on GAF rather than eBay. I sold the new Final Fantasy XIV soundtrack, which contains a code to redeem a minion that you use in the game, to a buyer in Florida. He gets the package but is demanding a full refund because the case is damaged:

0JZDUfU.jpg

Only the jewel case is damaged (he hasn't sent pictures of the actual Blu-ray). And he already redeemed the minion code, which makes up a good portion of the value of this item. This feels like a scam but I don't want to falsely accuse the guy just yet.

eBay offers me these options, in addition to letting me contact the buyer:

- Accept the return (You pay for shipping and can send our return label or your own. Wait to get the item back before you refund the buyer.)

- Refund the buyer (You fully refund the buyer to close this request. The buyer keeps the item.)

- Offer a partial refund (You have one chance to offer an amount. The buyer keeps the item.)

The first one isn't really appropriate because in redeeming the minion he has already extracted value from the blu-ray. (If I try to sell it with no minion code, its value drops almost by half.)

I'm willing to trust him about the damage to the jewel case and would refund the value of a jewel case (50¢ or so?) plus a few dollars more to cover his hassle in acquiring it. But if he refuses this partial refund, there doesn't seem to be a way for me to stop him from claiming the full value, including the minion that he has redeemed.

What would you do, GAF?

He already used the item. How can he ask for a refund? Tell him fuck off and go buy a new .99 jewel case from the dollar store.

asdad123

WTS:

Nvidia Shield Portable (the 5" tablet/controller kind). Has some scuffs on the body, nothing too bad. One scratch on the screen which can be seen while the tablet is off, but once the screen is on, I can't notice it.

Looking for $160 shipped in the US.

Hey GAF.

Looking to get rid of my Xbox 360. It is a slim model, 250GB HD, comes with HDMI, wired controller, and 11 games. It is in excellent condition, I take care of my stuff.

Games:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 (The best one)
Halo Reach
Halo 4
Halo 3 ODST
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo CE Anniversary
Grand Theft Auto 4 Complete Edition
Gears of War Judgement
Gears of War 2
Call of Duty 4 MW

Posting at $200 shipped but willing to take offers.

Cabal

It's probably a long shot but I want to buy a steam gift of Elite Dangerous.

I have paypal and am willing to pay around 30 dollars via PayPal. If it's going to be much more than that I can wait. Note I do not want a steam key as I do not have an elite account, please do not offer just the key as it would be useless.

Thank you for looking.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
He already used the item. How can he ask for a refund? Tell him fuck off and go buy a new .99 jewel case from the dollar store.

I echo these sentiments. Did he not notice the crack before redeeming the code? Sounds like a scumbag to me.

@Oreoleo and Greencard - That's what I'd like to do. The US postal service probably dropped the package or something, though I admit that my first thought was that he damaged the case himself in an effort to scam me -- all the valuable parts of this item are either intact (disc, booklet) or already used by him (minion)

I'm not just assuming; he asked me to e-mail him the minion code as soon as he paid, and I did. Just now I tried entering it on Square Enix's site and was told that it had already been used. A little digging reveals his FFXIV character's name, and I could probably even find out if that character is the one who has the minion, though he could possibly claim that he bought it somewhere else.

Ebay is infamous for favoring the buyer in every possible way so I'd like to get this guy to accept a partial refund before going to eBay. All he has to do is not admit to using the code and he scams me out of it, even if he returns the disc.

Yea, selling on eBay sucks when it comes to this stuff(aside from their ridiculous fees). The buyer is always favored, not to mention they dont allow you to leave anything but positive feedback for them. I'm going through a similar situation myself where I sold DLC, the buyer waited a week and half to say it's not working and then opened a case to get a refund and left me negative feedback before he even mentioned anything to me. I called eBay and they told me unless he admits to using the code they will rule against me. I have over 600 feedback and been selling since 09' on there with no negatives until now, no reason I would scam someone out of $6...

I echo these sentiments. Did he not notice the crack before redeeming the code? Sounds like a scumbag to me.
This.

How convenient for him to report the damaged case after using the code. if he wanted to preserve the authenticity of the product (not that it matters because it just uses a generic $.50 CD case) and be halfway decent, he would've gotten in touch with you immediately after unboxing it.

Don't give him a full refund dude. Maybe a buck or two to get a CD case but that's it.

Am_I_Evil

This.

How convenient for him to report the damaged case after using the code. if he wanted to preserve the authenticity of the product (not that it matters because it just uses a generic $.50 CD case) and be halfway decent, he would've gotten in touch with you immediately after unboxing it.

Don't give him a full refund dude. Maybe a buck or two to get a CD case but that's it.

not to stand up for the buyer...i mean its a freaking jewel case....but it was mentioned earlier that the code was emailed to him before he received the item...

Istaerion

This is why I prefer selling on GAF rather than eBay. I sold the new Final Fantasy XIV soundtrack, which contains a code to redeem a minion that you use in the game, to a buyer in Florida. He gets the package but is demanding a full refund because the case is damaged:

0JZDUfU.jpg

Only the jewel case is damaged (he hasn't sent pictures of the actual Blu-ray). And he already redeemed the minion code, which makes up a good portion of the value of this item. This feels like a scam but I don't want to falsely accuse the guy just yet.

- Accept the return (You pay for shipping and can send our return label or your own. Wait to get the item back before you refund the buyer.)

- Refund the buyer (You fully refund the buyer to close this request. The buyer keeps the item.)

- Offer a partial refund (You have one chance to offer an amount. The buyer keeps the item.)

The first one isn't really appropriate because in redeeming the minion he has already extracted value from the blu-ray. (If I try to sell it with no minion code, its value drops almost by half.)

I'm willing to trust him about the damage to the jewel case and would refund the value of a jewel case (50¢ or so?) plus a few dollars more to cover his hassle in acquiring it. But if he refuses this partial refund, there doesn't seem to be a way for me to stop him from claiming the full value, including the minion that he has redeemed.

What would you do, GAF?

This is a typical scam done by folks looking to obtain those minions at very little to no cost. In addition, if the soundtrack is anything like the previous editions, he could also just extract the files using a Blu-Ray player and obtaining the download link for them via a tool they have for folks who don't have a Blu-Ray disc reader on their PC.

Essentially, he gets everything while you're liable for the "damage." eBay will more than likely side with him should he decide to escalate the case citing the damage as his reasoning. The minion code being redeemed will hardly serve as a defense as it's already in a gray area that eBay generally doesn't deal with and you sent him the code via a method not directly involved with eBay and the physical transaction.

WTS:

Blue/Black Nintendo 3DS XL - $95
Console is in good condition, no scratches on the body or screen (It's been sitting in a closet for awhile though so I'll check again). I transferred every thing to a new 3DS so it should be blank, and it comes with the standard 4GB SD card. No charger.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Special Edition PS4 - $100

GBA:
Donkey Kong Country $12
Donkey Kong Country 2 $15
Pokemon Sapphire $15
Yoshi’s Island $15

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (no case) $5
Shenmue II (No Shenmue 1 DVD, or manual) - $25
Palutena US Amiibo - $20

If you want pics, feel free to PM me and I'll try to get them to you.

Dunan

not to stand up for the buyer...i mean its a freaking jewel case....but it was mentioned earlier that the code was emailed to him before he received the item...

This is right. He asked me to e-mail him the code as soon as he paid for the item, and I did so, figuring that he would appreciate getting to use his minion instantly.

I might understand if he were demanding a partial refund (value of the item minus the value of just a minion, which might be $15-20) and offering to send me back the BD and damaged case. But he's not; he wants a full refund of everything and did not even mention having redeemed the minion (or the fact that the BD presumably still works).

I'm thinking of offering him $10, which is roughly ten times the value of his damaged jewel case. If he says no, I might be out $51 ($46 for the item and $5 to ship it to him).

I could also buy another copy of the BD and offer to send him the jewel case from it (keeping its disc and minion code for myself). Even that would be more cost-effective than a full refund.

This is a typical scam done by folks looking to obtain those minions at very little to no cost. In addition, if the soundtrack is anything like the previous editions, he could also just extract the files using a Blu-Ray player and obtaining the download link for them via a tool they have for folks who don't have a Blu-Ray disc reader on their PC.

Essentially, he gets everything while you're liable for the "damage." eBay will more than likely side with him should he decide to escalate the case citing the damage as his reasoning. The minion code being redeemed will hardly serve as a defense as it's already in a gray area that eBay generally doesn't deal with and you sent him the code via a method not directly involved with eBay and the physical transaction.

This part is actually not quite true; he asked me to send the minion, and I sent it, directly through eBay's message system. I should have been clearer when I said "e-mailed". eBay would have the record of him asking me for the minion code and me sending him a picture of the little cardboard insert that contains it.

bumpkin

WTS
All prices are shipped within the USA.

Blue/Black Nintendo 3DS XL system - Comes with original box, manuals, sealed A.R. Cards pack, AC Adapter, 32GB and 4GB SD Cards, and the blue charging cradle (from the Club Nintendo catalog). The outside of the system itself has a few minor marks, but both screens are blemish-free. - $100

3DS.jpg

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for PSP - Sealed - $15
NHL 15 for PS4 (not pictured) - Complete - $20
Viva Piñata for Xbox 360 - Complete - $10

KH.jpg
Viva.jpg

The following are all eShop Digital Downloads for their respective systems:

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien for Wii U - $10
OlliOlli for Wii U - $8
Sportsball for Wii U - $5
The Fall for Wii U - $5
Mighty Switch Force! for 3DS - $5
SteamWorld Dig for 3DS - $8
Woah Dave! for 3DS - $3

Misc stuff...

Kid Icarus: Uprising A.R. Cards - The set that comes with the game when you bought it at retail. Ordered these thinking they were booster packs. - $1.50

WTB
And here's what I'm looking to buy. Unless otherwise noted, I don't have a preference about whether it's new or used. I just want it to be complete (case, manual, disc) and in good-to-excellent condition (very picky about my collection!).

Cannon Spike for Sega Dreamcast
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver for Sega Dreamcast
Power Stone for Sega Dreamcast
Shenmue for Sega Dreamcast
Official Black Wii/Wii U Nunchuk
PlayStation Move Navigation Controller

PM me if you're interested in anything I'm selling or have something I'm looking for (with a price, please)!

Az987

all good things
WTS

Digital Movie Codes

Noah (Ultraviolet or iTunes) - $4
Edge of Tomorrow (Ultraviolet) - $5
Hercules (2014, iTunes or Ultraviolet) - $5
Training Day (Ultraviolet) - $4
Out of the Furnace (Ultraviolet) - $4
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (iTunes or Ultraviolet) - $5
The Counselor (Ultraviolet) - $4
The Conjuring (Ultraviolet) - $5
Elysium (UltraViolet) - $4
The Guest (iTunes) - $4
John Wick (iTunes) - $5
Maps to the Stars (iTunes) - $5
The Rover (Ultraviolet) - $5
12 Years a Slave (Ultraviolet) - $5
Fruitvale Station (Ultraviolet) - $5
The Act of Killing (requires some VHX app but includes both cuts of film) - $3
The Venture Bros The Complete Season 5 (Ultraviolet) - $12
Hannibal Season 1 (Ultraviolet) - $12
Hannibal Season 2 (Ultraviolet) - $12

Xbox One Digital Codes

Halo: The Master Chief Collection - $30

PS Vita Digital Codes

Lego the Movie Videogame - $10

Wii U Digital Codes

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition - $5
SteamWorld Dig - $5

3DS Digital Codes

Might Switch Force - $3

Steam Codes

Beat Hazard Ultra - $3
Dynamite Jack - $3
Broken Sword: Director's Cut - $4
The Bard's Tale - $3
Organ Trail: Director's Cut - $3
Solar 2 - $4

I accept Paypal gift

Kolma

0JZDUfU.jpg

What would you do, GAF?

Explain to ebay the situation and otherwise tell him to fuck off.
I would rather take the negative feedback then lose the money for those expensive codes.

WTS:

Selling a few of my consoles along with some games from my collection. Everything has been tested and works great.

NTSC- J PS2 (Japanese PS2) SCPH-10000 model- $140
System comes with a controller, cables, memory card, and 3 games( all complete) which are the following:

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix II+

Tekken Tag Tournament

The system is region locked and will only work with Japanese PS1 and PS2 games.
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/U3E2YJp.jpg[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/SQLY0ZC.jpg[/img]

Sega Dreamcast NTSC-U- $120

Comes with two controllers, two VMUS (with new batteries included), cables, and 3 games.

Resident Evil Code Veronica

Skies Of Arcadia

Soul Calibur
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VZVS54o.jpg[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/v29fMVc.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/gC4NywP.jpg[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/9uOQhSq.jpg[/img]

Gamecube Games

Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem- SOLD

The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess- $50

Paper Mario The Thousand Year Old Door- $22 (No Manual)

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis- $27

Star Fox Adventures (No Manual)- $13

Tales Of Symphonia- $18

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/KZVtT44.jpg[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/8xtk0fJ.jpg[/img]

GBA Games:

The Legend Of Zelda Minish Cap- SOLD

Fire Emblem- $32

Yugioh World Championship 2004- $8

Naruto Ninja Council- $5

Metroid Fusion- SOLD

I accept Paypal Gift (or pay fees), PM if interested. I will only ship to US so sorry international buyers.

Istaerion

This is right. He asked me to e-mail him the code as soon as he paid for the item, and I did so, figuring that he would appreciate getting to use his minion instantly.

I might understand if he were demanding a partial refund (value of the item minus the value of just a minion, which might be $15-20) and offering to send me back the BD and damaged case. But he's not; he wants a full refund of everything and did not even mention having redeemed the minion (or the fact that the BD presumably still works).

I'm thinking of offering him $10, which is roughly ten times the value of his damaged jewel case. If he says no, I might be out $51 ($46 for the item and $5 to ship it to him).

I could also buy another copy of the BD and offer to send him the jewel case from it (keeping its disc and minion code for myself). Even that would be more cost-effective than a full refund.

This part is actually not quite true; he asked me to send the minion, and I sent it, directly through eBay's message system. I should have been clearer when I said "e-mailed". eBay would have the record of him asking me for the minion code and me sending him a picture of the little cardboard insert that contains it.

You could try offering the partial refund, however, if this chap is looking to abuse eBay's system regarding digital codes, nothing will deter him from trying to seek out a full refund.

I've had folks directly escalate a transaction to a claim after I provided them a digital code via the eBay message center as per the auction's instructions. They won every single time despite redeeming the key.

All one would have to do as a buyer is play really dumb and paint the situation as you, the seller, looking to take advantage rather than the other way around. In this particular case, eBay will more than likely just look at the physical content and concede with his claim of it being damaged thus needing to be replaced or returned.

SamNW

WTS:

Xbox 360:

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Madden NFL 12: Hall of Fame Edition
Borderlands
Borderlands GOTY Edition
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Sonic The Hedgehog
The Orange Box (case is kind of fucked up)
Crackdown
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
Left 4 Dead 2
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Halo 3

Xbox:

Halo
Halo 2
Halo 2 (Platinum Hits; case is kind of fucked up)

I just moved into a new place and the previous resident left all of these behind. Message me with offers. I'm not going to drive a very hard bargain.

Ecto311

For sale

Acer switch 11 laptop

Specs:
Intel Core i3-4012Y 1.5 GHz (3 MB Cache)
4 GB DDR3 RAM
128 GB Solid-State Drive
11.6-Inch Touchscreen, Intel HD Graphics
Windows 8.1, 6.5-hour battery life

XPcERLzl.jpg

sFM2I7cl.jpg

UEE6urLl.jpg

k20TxGkl.jpg

qAIcjsGl.jpg

lIjO3o4l.jpg

Works great.
Looking for $230 shipped in the states - Amazon gift card payment please

Casio Men's GW9010-1 G-Shock Mudman Solar Atomic Rally Watch
Works great. Looks like new also. Tried my best to show any/all flaws in these pics.

5IwpqxPl.jpg

1QTOVF3l.jpg

Nr0kcEwl.jpg

gtJkbTSl.jpg

FpV2bXQl.jpg

HnQLrwQl.jpg

HNESnckl.jpg

Here is an amazon link with more info - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001A65ZBC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Looking for $100 shipped. Amazon gift card payment please.

PM if interested - 17 seller feedback here also all positive.

WTS:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - PS4 Digital Code

U$ 50.00 (Sold)

Batman: Arkham Knight - Limited Edition (PlayStation 4)

U$ 110.00 + Shipping

Paypal only (Gift or pay PP fees). PM if interested.

tmtyf

couldn't you just file a claim with the shipper if you think it got damaged during shipping?

Anony

WTS:
The Last of Us PS4 download code
not sure that the going rate is, but guessing 20$ maybe
just pm me if you're interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom