• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 2 | Hanks Got Nothing on This Money Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I thought about making a thread but I figured it'd be better to ask here. What's a good site to buy retro games? I've only ever boughten stuff online from Amazon and GameStop. I've been watching a lot of games on Twitch that I've wanted to get into again. I'm not sure if it's possible and/or safe to pay people on say EBay with a credit card, and not sure if I'll need to make a PayPal account. I also want to know if there's a place better than EBay to buy retro games. GameStop is extremely expensive and doesn't go past the N64/PS1 era.

There are a few ways to go about this. The best place to get retro games is yard sales but, depending on where you live (i never see these in the UK, that might not be an option and it's basically pot luck what you get.

Then there are local independent "retro" game shops. There seem to be quite a few of these in north america and a few in the UK. The prices will be much more in line with what passes for market rate i.e. quite expensive.

The most obvious place is eBay. There are occasionally bargains to be had but you need to keep watching it every day as thousands of other people are trying to do the same thing you are.

Finally, keep an eye on this thread and also make an account on NintendoAge. Despite the name there are people there selling all sorts of things and it's usually better value than eBay (but not always).

MUnited83

For you.
Selling Steam Games:

header.jpg

Mad Max- 25$

header.jpg

Batman Arkham Knight- 15$ (last two codes)

televator

Looking to buy Witcher 1 Enhanced and 2 on the cheap. 2 can be the 360 version. I also have stuff to offer as trade I that's your fancy

IronRinn

SLEIhbg.png

WTS

Please feel free to make offers, with rare exception, these prices are not 100% firm. If you would like more pictures let me know and I will get them to you. All prices include shipping in the US, unless otherwise noted. Listing with two prices indicate PayPal Gift/Merchandise payment costs (higher merchandise cost includes PayPal fees). The more expensive stuff I don't expect gift payments for, so there is only the one price. Most of these pics are linked so click for a full-sized image.

Toys

Not pictured: I have a nearly complete set of the Toynami Futurama toys. Missing Fry, Zoidberg, Zapp, and Chef Bender. Just wondering if there is any interest before I start photographing all of them.

Paluteena & Dark Pit Amiibos $45.00 shipped in the US. Both are unopened and in excellent condition, though Dark Pit has a small crease on the backing right along the top right edge of the plastic bubble.SOLD

NECA Bioshock 2 Toys R US Exclusive Big Sister w/ Little Sister $39.95/$41.25. Excellent condition with one issue. The right arm is comprised of two pieces which connect right where the strap is on the bicep It's a peg and socket (the top of the socket is the top of the armband). When I first got it, whatever they used to connect these two parts failed, so I rejoined them with super glue. I have no idea why they molded the arm this way. It's been fine ever since and is completely invisible, but worth mentioning.

Games

Gameboy Color Teal and Tetris DX $50.00/$51.50 GBC is complete with paperwork and in excellent condition. No scuffs or scratches. Box is in good shape, though there is a mark on the front, I suppose from where a price sticker used to be. Game is complete in box and in excellent condition as well. No flaws to call out. See full album here.

Game and Watch Collection DS $20.00/$20.65 Excellent condition. Instruction booklet shows some wear.

The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Collector's Edition (PC) $79.00. Opened but new. Neither the game, nor the DLC has been activated. Everything is included (including the map and pamphlet, which I forgot to photograph). Cards, papercraft, and bust are still sealed. The big issue here is the thin plastic insert used to house everything has collapsed under the weight of the Geralt bust. Everything is in good condition with the exception of the instruction booklet for the card game, which is a bit bent, and the box for the game, which has some damage. The bust is still sealed, and the dark marks are where the "felt" from the insert has rubbed off on the shrinkwrap. The outer box has a scuff mark on the rear panel.

See album for all photos.
T2qmwNjm.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 $40.00/$41.25. Brand new, sealed.

Left 4 Dead, Silent Hill Downpour, Batman: Arkham City, Medal of Honor $20.00/$20.65. All for Xbox 360. Weird mix, I know. All in complete and in good condition. (Instruction booklet for L4D is a bit creased.) There are DLC codes included with MoH and Arkham City, but I don't know if they're still good.

Red Dead Redemption Playing Cards, Eradicator Soap, and Dice $35.00/$36.00. Outer box for the cards is opened but the cards themselves are still shrink-wrapped. Soap is sealed.

Hardcover Guides

Ni no Kuni: Curse of the White Witch Hardcover Guide $35.00/$36.00 shipped in the US. Sealed. Comes complete with code.

1mLhTFim.jpg

Fallout: New Vegas $18.00/$18.55. Wrinkled on the lower, front right corner and upper, back left corner.

ZSEWeocm.jpg
kiQocAQm.jpg

Skyrim $15.00/$15.50. This is the original version. Doesn't cover the expansion. Map is included and intact.

6AlkQIcm.jpg
zUwlizxm.jpg
BkllZdNm.jpg

Halo: Reach $15.00/$15.00. Noble Six cover. Excellent condition.

k26w9bDm.jpg
Y6pdHAcm.jpg
35rcKR6m.jpg

DVDs

Futurama: Seasons 1-5 and the four movies $50.00/$51.50 The first four seasons are the original releases. They show some shelfwear. The plastic sleeve for season four is a bit warped and the bottom of the packaging has a couple of dents. Season 5 and the movies are in excellent condition.

Ergo Proxy: Complete series with Collector's Slipcase and Bonus Disc. $40.00/$41.25. The only flaw with this is the case for the bonus disc, which is beat up. Everything else is in excellent condition.

Samurai Champloo Vol. 1-7 $25.00/$25.75. All in excellent condition.

Looking to buy Witcher 1 Enhanced and 2 on the cheap. 2 can be the 360 version. I also have stuff to offer as trade I that's your fancy

Just so you know Witcher 1 is 1.49 and Witcher 2 is 2.99 on steam for the weekend deal. Get your steam copy and GOG copy and save some money.

jackharm

Neo Member
They'll be on sale this weekend on GOG too?

Unless things have changed, you can "backup" your copy of The Witcher 1/2 steam purchase(s) on GOG to have the DRM free version of the game(s).

So if you buy the game on steam during it's sale you can have a copy of it on GOG.

Please pm me if you're interested. - I've sold 2 digital codes on here before and bought 2 digital codes as well . Postage is normally £3-£4 via hermes.
Discounts on postage if you buy more than one item :D.
Final Fantasy XIV:ARR Collectors Edition - PC - New -£30 - Including postage [/U]
Final Fantasy XIV:ARR Collectors Edition - PS3 - New - £25 - Including postage.
PS3 Collectors edition Disk+Codes(Sealed) - £5 excluding postage.
51528tmEO1L.jpg

Higher res pic here
Should also include the fat chocobo mount. Includes 30 day subscription. 14 day trial available via Playstation store or FFXIV website for pc.
Steins Gate - Limited Edition - PS VITA - NEW -£40 including postage:
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/zbvJkKX.jpg[/img]

Super saiyan Trunks - with background/stand - £10
including postage:
Code:
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71RvYGZ%2BdHL._SL1500_.jpg[/IMG]
Final Fantasy Type 0 Steelbook Edition - PS4 - £20 excluding postage:
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/yxE6BlA.jpg[/img]
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution Collectors Edition Steelbook only - no game - £25 excluding postage:
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/XAkYY8i.jpg[/img]
The back of this is plain white.
Child of Light Complete edition - Vita - UK copy - Unused dlc - £10 excluding postage:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTAwWDE0NDA=/z/iBsAAOSwl8NVeDLm/$_57.JPG[/IMG]
I'm selling my Playstation 3 tales of collection. Everything has been kept in great condition, I've played the games once and then put them on the shelf. Everything has been looked at once, artbooks etc.
Code:
[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/vd0AAOSwHnFVsRiQ/$_57.JPG[/img]
Includes :
Tales of Graces f - SPECIAL edition
Tales of Xillia 1 & 2 - Day 1 edition
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles - Collectors edition - figures were assembled but never actually used/displayed - collete's stick support thing was missing straight out of the box.
£110 excluding Postage.
From an EXTREMELY clean,pet-free & smoke free home

I also have:
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - Limited Edition
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/EcioegQ.jpg[/img]
With the soundtrack still sealed, but the game has been played - everything looks brand new though - £25 excluding postage.
Double sided - Bloodborne/The Order A3 Poster - £10 excluding postage
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/KRvTgg6.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/gB5qCML.jpg?1[/img]
Official(From launch event) Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix Poster A4 - £10 excluding postage
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/pWkszed.jpg?1[/img]

Finally, I have Official Kingdom Hearts Plushies which have been kept in a box or on a shelf since purchasing them around 6 months ago.
I have a Shadow Heartless Plush from the CE and a Dusk Nobody Plush. Shadow is £50. Both for £120. Accepting reasonable offers -check amazon+ebay prices before you pm me.
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/n6MDhNO.jpg[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/IHglyVu.jpg[/img]
From an EXTREMELY clean,pet-free & smoke free home.

Want:
Amazon UK OR US gift cards
Digimon World 1 - In great condition
Digimon,Kingdom Hearts or Code Geass Merch from Japan.
For:Trade or part exchange for something above or paypal depending on item.

M3z_

NeoGAF Gold Seller
TFwFsrENBgs_piXhZa_eiTgGuP6RMngPP855DgeK1lMiBVG3d8mWq-Yta_1VXTJRQ2oqtA=s133

*Used*White PS4 500G HDD 2 White Controllers 1 White Gold Blutooth Headset & Charge Kit

$430 shipped

Paypal only, US48 only

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Have some digital movie codes for sale. From my own personal collection, guaranteed to work. Paypal gift or Amazon gift card accepted. Will also trade for Xbox points.

$7 Mad Men: Final Season Part 1 - UVHD

$5 Moonrise Kingdom - iTunes + UV Combo
$5 Nightcrawler - iTunes + UVHD Combo
$5 Tusk - UVHD
$5 Godzilla 2014 - UVHD
$5 Stoker - UVHD
$5 9 (Animation) - UVHD

$4 Savages - iTunes + UVHD Combo
$4 Now You See Me - iTunes + UV Combo
$4 Schindler's List - iTunes + UV Combo
$4 Elysium - UVHD
$4 The Wolverine - UVHD
$4 Limitless - UVHD
$4 The Expendables Extended Directors Cut - iTunes
$4 Killing Them Softly - UVHD
$4 Horrible Bosses - UVHD
$4 Moneyball - UV

xIIlV9w.jpg

***WTB***

Want to buy The Wind Rises Bluray Slipcover for $6. Just looking for the outer slipcover, nothing else. Please :(

qCTgdw5.jpg

televator

Unless things have changed, you can "backup" your copy of The Witcher 1/2 steam purchase(s) on GOG to have the DRM free version of the game(s).

So if you buy the game on steam during it's sale you can have a copy of it on GOG.

Wow, I've been out of the PC loop for a long time... Guess that'll happen when you're still running Core 2. lol

SmokeMaxX

If you PM me and I don't respond within 24-48 hours, I did not receive your PM. Please PM me again! Gaf's messaging system screws up occasionally. If you do not receive a reply, please wait 24-48 hours before contacting me again because I am probably asleep or have not yet seen your message.

Selling:

US/North American Digital Credit/Subscriptions:

Playstation Plus (PS+) / Xbox Live (XBL) - 1 Year - $40 (Limited Stock Remaining)
*Note: These cards were personally purchased by me from a big box store and NOT an online reselling website, so they are guaranteed to work.

US Playstation Network (PSN) / Xbox Live (XBL) Credit (10% Off) - Any multiple of $10 for PSN Credit or $10/15 for XBL Credit
psn-card_1.png
0c5125b8-8bec-4fc5-9089-c4213b775fa6.jpg

US 3DS/WiiU eShop Credit:
I sell US 3DS/WiiU eShop Credit at face value for anyone needing it (including the international users who aren't able to get it themselves). Increments of $10, $20, $35, or $50. If international, please use ppfeecalc.com with the "International" setting to calculate fees. If from the US, thefeecalculator is usually accurate. I usually have codes on me, but sometimes need to run to the store to pick more up.

Buying:
Discounted Best Buy/Amazon.com/GameStop/Target/WalMart Gift Cards
Netflix Subscription (or looking for info on how to get it cheap)

I take Paypal and, upon request, other payment options. If you choose Paypal, please gift or pay fees.

(753+ Total Positive Feedback!)

GreenMana

SLEIhbg.png

12-month Xbox Live Gold - $30 PP Region-free and works anywhere in the world. I have 2 of these.

xbox-12-month.png

12-month Xbox Live Gold - $30 PP
Region-free and works anywhere in the world.

SLEIhbg.png

Bundle for sale by adult private non smoking collector:

1. Dragon Quest IX

DS / Mint Condition and Never Played.

2. Dragon Quest V

DS / Mint Condition and Never Played.

3. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor

Wii / Mint Condition and Never Played.

All three games for $30 delivered to mainland USA.

References:

Heat - NE0ZUK0

eBay - zukotech

PayPal for payment, shipped media mail in small box.

Jirotrom

PRICE DROP
For Sale: RED 3DS XL bundle $180.00 + whatever shipping you want stylus is missing and there is a slight fracture that isn't actually through the hinge. System works perfectly, touch screen has a screen protector on it all games come with booklet except 3dmario land

Red 3DS XL
4GB card
Super Smash 3DS
Fire Emblem awakening
Virtue's Last Reward
Pokemon Y
Etrian Odyssey IV
Shin Megami tensei IV
Project X Zone
Ghost Recon Shadow Warrior
Theaterhythm Final Fantasy
Super Mario 3D Land

US ONLY Had issues shipping internationally sorry :/

This is my first time using this thread so if I make any mistakes, let me know.

I'm selling a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming. I actually have 2, but I'm only selling one for now. I may sell the other at some point as well. I just recently upgraded.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dyiOPWZ.jpg?1[/img]

$220 (shipping included) US only.

Sold.

This is my first time using this thread so if I make any mistakes, let me know.

I'm selling a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming. I actually have 2, but I'm only selling one for now. I may sell the other at some point as well. I just recently upgraded.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dyiOPWZ.jpg?1[/img]

$220 (shipping included) US only.
Every time someone sells one of these and it's "US only" a little bit of me cries. Even used, they're like £240~ here which is like $370.

Gaf,

Looking for some help on a recent purchase I made on here. I bought a bundle of games from a member a few weeks back, long story short they were mailed parcel post in two separate bubble mailers. The games were not overly protected and when I approached the seller he told I made him for dirty for telling him about the lack of bubble wrap, padding, etc and that I just need to wait until everything arrives before I say anything. Only one of the two packages arrived, the other was lost/damaged according to USPS, they even returned the label from the package that didn't arrive back to the sender.

Since not all of the games I purchased in the lot actually arrived, I returned the remaining package for a refund which the buyer and I both agreed to. No hard feelings on my part but I was looking for everything I purchased. I mailed the games back to the member on here and told him I was even willing to split shipping back to him to be nice.

I received money back from the games however nothing on shipping. When I asked them about it they told me that they felt like they had been “had” and that they lost money on the deal. Also, they weren't going to pay their part of return shipping, for me to leave them alone and if I wanted to get anything back I should open up a case or something.

I'm a very easy person to get along with and I think my feedback on here speaks to that. I have never left anyone neutral or negative feedback on here but I'm really leaning towards it on this one. Am i wrong?

Corpekata

Banned
I'll be selling a 970 in a couple weeks and would be willing to send international provided it came with tracking and I got an accurate report of how much it would cost to send. Have had bad experiences where someone told me "oh, it'll only cost like 25 bucks" when the cheapest with tracking was going to be close to 100.

How could they have been "had" if they received the label back from USPS and you sent the games? If it was me I think neutral feedback is fine. Technically he lost out on the games that were sent and gave you a full refund. But to not split the shipping and said to leave them alone, would warrant the neutral feedback.

Gaf,

Looking for some help on a recent purchase I made on here. I bought a bundle of games from a member a few weeks back, long story short they were mailed parcel post in two separate bubble mailers. The games were not overly protected and when I approached the seller he told I made him for dirty for telling him about the lack of bubble wrap, padding, etc and that I just need to wait until everything arrives before I say anything. Only one of the two packages arrived, the other was lost/damaged according to USPS, they even returned the label from the package that didn't arrive back to the sender.

Since not all of the games I purchased in the lot actually arrived, I returned the remaining package for a refund which the buyer and I both agreed to. No hard feelings on my part but I was looking for everything I purchased. I mailed the games back to the member on here and told him I was even willing to split shipping back to him to be nice.

I received money back from the games however nothing on shipping. When I asked them about it they told me that they felt like they had been “had” and that they lost money on the deal. Also, they weren't going to pay their part of return shipping, for me to leave them alone and if I wanted to get anything back I should open up a case or something.

I'm a very easy person to get along with and I think my feedback on here speaks to that. I have never left anyone neutral or negative feedback on here but I'm really leaning towards it on this one. Am i wrong?
The whole point of the feedback is so people know who and who not to do business with, he did you dirty so he gets negative feedback. Who was it?

Gaf,

You need to tell us who it is and leave negative feedback. Him sticking you with both return and original shipping is shitty.

Bloodember

Gaf,

I believe negative feedback is warranted here. First they should have been in a box and with insurance, plus you should also get all your money back, it wasn't your fault about the issues you had.

DontBlink

FOR SALE:

All prices include shipping. Payment by PayPal gift or buyer covers the fees. PM with any questions or for more photos.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Limited Edition
- brand new, sealed, has to rips on the sides
- $75

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Limited Edition
- brand new, sealed
- $95

Nintendo 3DS The Legend of Zelda Special Edition
- outer box has dents and rips, inner box has a rip on the flap
- comes with charger and charging base
- system itself has a couple of scratches on top, plus some worn-out spots
- screens are great, no scratches, just smudges
- does not include the stylus or game
- $120

Nintendo DSi XL Mario 25th Anniversary Special edition
- outer box in good shape, some bends on the opening flap
- comes with a charger and the large, extra stylus
- system is in very good condition, top has some imprint left from the safety bag
- screens are nice, bottom has a couple of scratches from light use
- no game included
- $90

Game Boy Advance SP with a couple of games
- 3 complete games: Monopoly, Pac-Man Pinball Advance, Snood
- 2 carts: Tom and Jerry: The Magic Ring & Codename: Kids Next Door Vol 1 Video
- AGB-001, system was heavily used, lots of scratches on the outer case
- screen is nice, some small scratches
- comes with a carrying case and a hard case, plus a 3rd-party charger
- $40

==============================================

Also have a bunch of sneakers for sale, sizes ranging from 10 to 11.5 so PM with any question if you are interested.

Geneijin

Gaf,

That's the seller's fault for not paying for insurance then because it sounds like he didn't. He's liable for return shipping whether he believes you're entitled to it or not since you two agreed to a return for an incomplete transaction. Escalate it if he really wants to make it an unnecessary hassle to get your money back. He should have agreed to split the cost of shipping as that's more than what he is entitled to in such cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom