• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2017 | Read the Rules in the OP | We Live For This

Please do not complain about another poster's prices or offerings. Pointing out that there are resources to do it oneself is fine; telling people not to buy from a given seller is not.

Quit trying to protect scammers. This place is to buy and sell goods. Not whore yourself out.

Also WTB one of those Everybody's Golf keys if any are still going around.

Oakb9ta.png
S9i5ey0.png

PayPal only, buyer covers fees.

Steam games, US based:

All games $1 each

Just Cause Collection (Just Cause, Just Cause 2 + DLC Only)
Okhlos
The Stanley Parable
The Swapper
2064: Read Only Memories
Chroma Squad
Hand of Fate
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition
Streamline
Beat Hazard Mega Bundle
Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble!
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Super Meat Boy
Mini Metro
World of Goo
No Time to Explain Remastered
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Spirits
Human Resource Machine
A Virus Named Tom
Waking Mars
Monster Loves You!
AI War: Fleet Command
Ellipsis
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball
Shutshimi
QUBE: Director's Cut
They Bleed Pixels
Alien Breed: Impact
Tropico 3
Super Hexagon
VVVVVV
Thirty Flights of Loving
Ninja Pizza Girl
Rocketbirds: Hard Boiled Chicken
Guns of Icarus Online
Spec Ops: The Line
Anomaly Korea

Battlefield 3 (Origin) - $1

Price includes shipping:

Suikoden - SOLD
Silent Hill - SOLD
Resident Evil 3 - SOLD
Vagrant Story - $18
Zelda Feather Pen Stylus - $20
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner - SOLD
Shadow of the Colossus - SOLD
ICO - $15
Final Fantasy X - $5
Oni - $7
Skies of Arcadia: Legends - $75
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King DVD Gift Set - $50
THe Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring DVD Gift Set - $75
MadCatz Street Fighter IV Akuma Xbox 360 Pad - $60
MadCatz Street Fighter IV Blanka Xbox 360 Pad- $60

EjyVaOzl.jpg

US/NA UltraViolet codes:

Cop Land - $2
Rick & Morty season 1 - SOLD
Hannibal season 1 - $5
Hannibal season 2 - $5
Hannibal season 3 - $5

UK UltraViolet codes:

The World's End - SOLD
Hot Fuzz - SOLD
Shaun of the Dead - SOLD

NeOak

Nobody buy this. Even if you have 11.5 use 3ds.guide and do it for cheaper or free. It's super easy to do and their are resources to show you how to do everything he outlines in that doc he posted.
Quit trying to protect scammers. This place is to buy and sell goods. Not whore yourself out.
He's selling the time it takes him to do it, as well as shipping it back.

Some just dont want to risk or take the time to research how to do it.

You two have a really shitty attitude. Why couldn't just say "there is a free guide to do this if you want to go that route instead". Instead, one breaks the rules by bitching about what he is selling and the other just plains calls the guy a scammer and "whoring" himself out. Smh.

If you are going to attack a fellow member by calling him a scammer for selling his time when we have had actual scammers here, just leave this thread. Your morals are fucked up.

Chucker

WTB : I NEED TO PURCHASE THIS BY TOMMOROW SWITCH DIGITAL COPY OF MARIO KART 8

im in direct path of hurrican irma and jose and considering the power might go out my switch with no games thats brand new might get used if I can find a copy please let me know paypal in hand!!

eShop takes Paypal now AFAIK. Good luck with the storm.

Oh no, I've angered the hallway monitor of BST.

Let's not pretend these rules don't protect scammers and scalpers.

If you're not a fan of a particular rule, then please feel free to propose a change to the rule in this thread. If a majority of posters agree with you, then I will be happy to change the rule.

Until that happens though, please follow the rules that are in place. Insulting other members isn't helping anything, at all.

While I don't believe that I would send my personal 3DS to the poster in question, there is no evidence at all that they have scammed anyone or that they intend to. To imply that we are somehow actively seeking to protect scammers is just insane.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Shipping to the U.S. included unless otherwise noted. I will ship intentionally but we will need to calculate costs. Feel free to make an offer if my prices are too high. I'm trying to make room and money ASAP, so I am negotiable. :)

Gundam: The Origin manga, complete series. Hardcover. Most are unread. $130/shipped

Night Trap (PS4) - Limited Run #74 Standard edition. Sealed. Blue cover showing. $75/shipped

Mondo Castlevania OST 10" - Grey with Black & White Splatter. Sealed. $45/shipped

HORI Real Arcade Pro. 4 Premium VLX for PlayStation 4 - Buttons replaced with white Sanwa buttons. Used for less than an hour. $225/shipped. Pending

SNES/Super Famicom games All are cart only.
Gundam Wing: Endless Duel (SFC) - $35/obo
Wrecking Crew '98 (SFC) - $35/obo
Super Castlevania IV (SNES) - $35/obo

Pokémon Conquest (DS): Sealed. $40/obo

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GameCube): CIB. Good condition. $35/shipped

Castle of Shikigami III (Wii): Sealed. $35/shipped

Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4): Sealed, Japanese release. $20/shipped

The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D Limited Edition (3DS): Sealed. $70/shipped

NeOak

It would have been funny, if I had ever complained about prices.

Don't even really care TBH, but the whole "don't complain about offerings" is BS.

This isn't alphabay.
You called the guy a scammer and implied he is "whoring" himself out.

You did not complain about the offering. You just plain attacked the guy. Big difference.

You called the guy a scammer and implied he is "whoring" himself out.

You did not complain about the offering. You just plain attacked the guy. Big difference.

He is trying to "sell a service" that I believe to be a scam.

Sorry if my analogy offends you. That's just the way it looks to me.

Also, I don't care what you think.

Squarehard

Please do not complain about another poster's prices or offerings. Pointing out that there are resources to do it oneself is fine; telling people not to buy from a given seller is not.
He never complained about the pricing, nor did he specifically say don't buy from that particular seller.

The approach he took might have been a bit more apprehensive than the usual, "Just fyi" approach others take in giving out information, but I don't think anywhere in his response was complaining about the price, or trying to defame the seller, but more of a critique on the product the seller was advertising.

If anything, it was certainly not the best way to approach the situation, but in the end I don't see it as you did there.

Also WTB one of those Everybody's Golf keys if any are still going around.

Somebody else already asked this, but since it went unanswered, I'll ask again.

Who has he scammed, and what is he scamming?

I think NeOak explained the reasons why such a service would be offered in quite a lot of detail, and the only response you could come up with was a childish insult, and then changing the subject back to an issue about the rules, rather than the original altercation and subject matter.

Whether you agree with the rules or not, that's for a separate discussion. If you really wanted to try and play semantics with the rules, you could have at least tried to tie it to the sixth rule. This seems more like the real he is breaking more so rather than the pricing rule, so this is really where your focus should be, and not all of the other nonsense.

However, from your response, it's clear that you had no intention of actually having a discussion, but just used this opportunity to pointlessly spout out your disdain for the current rules in place.

If it's an issue with changing the rules, then bring the topic up as countless others have done in this thread before you. If you want to discuss a rule, then just discuss a rule. No need to have this pointless, and childish bickering if the intent in the end is unclear.

Let's just be civil about this, as calling each other names, and these needless aggressions will get us nowhere in regards to the root of the problem you actually want to talk about.

P.S.
Wow, lot's of responses in the midst of typing this.

I think my point still stands though. :p

----------------------------------------------------------
Eh, sorry to add more to an already really long post, but just one more thing.

I actually do have a question in regards to rule 6 though.

How often is that actually enforced? Is there a range that's been set in defining what and what isn't counted into that category?

Modded systems are listed all the time, more recently Vita with Henkaku have been the common item to be sold.

In regards to selling modding services as well, technically wouldn't that also fall under the rule as well? I understand they're selling the service to do so, but doesn't change the fact that it's still pirating, which still feels like it's falling under rule 6.

I'm sure this has been discussed in more detail in the past before, but I wasn't here, so just trying to get some clarity now as to where that conversation may have ended up in regards to this particular issue.

I actually do have a question in regards to rule 6 though.

How often is that actually enforced? Is there a range that's been set in defining what and what isn't counted into that category?

Modded systems are listed all the time, more recently Vita with Henkaku have been the common item to be sold.

In regards to selling modding services as well, technically wouldn't that also fall under the rule as well? I understand they're selling the service to do so, but doesn't change the fact that it's still pirating, which still feels like it's falling under rule 6.

I'm sure this has been discussed in more detail in the past before, but I wasn't here, so just trying to get some clarity now as to where that conversation may have ended up in regards to this particular issue.

I'll respond as best as I can to this part.

As far as I know, modding a device is not considered illegal. While pirating games "definitely" is, I believe our rules specifically call out including any kind of Game ROM in a sale post. You are free to sell modified systems, but you absolutely cannot sell ripped games.

Since it's okay to sell a modified system, I see no reason why it wouldn't be okay to advertise services to modify a system. Now, if someone were advertising that and also said: "and for $10 more, I'll throw in a SD card loaded with some of your favorite classic games" that would definitely cross the line. I don't believe we have ever had that problem though.

tariniel

WTB paypal:

Destiny 2 USA Nvidia 1080 code - $35
Yakuza 0 PS4 - $30
Rise of the Tomb Raider Humble key - $5

I also have some keys from various Humble bundles that I can use as trade fodder for the above:
Steam:
2036 Read Only Memories
Broken Age
Cibele
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
DmC: Devil May Cry
FORCED
Outlast
Resident Evil 0 HD
Resident Evil 6
Sorcery! Parts 1 and 2
STRIDER
Umbrella Corps + Deluxe unlock

WiiU:
Affordable Space Adventures
Runbow

I don't know that he scammed anyone, I also don't have any issues with the rules in place.

Please do not complain about another poster's prices or offerings

I was triggered by this line after chronic_archaic tried to inform us how easy it was to do ourselves. He was trying to be helpful and was scolded for it. I thought it was kind of shitty. That's it.

I wasn't trying to start an in depth discussion about the rules.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
WTS -Steam keys

Gunspell - $.25
Etherium - $.75
Forge of the Gods Promo pack - $.25
Human Fall Flat - $.50
​Husk - $.50
Shattered Haven - $.25
Wasteland- $.25
Ziggurat - $1

- WANT -
Paypal (buyer pays any fees)

I was triggered by this line after chronic_archaic tried to inform us how easy it was to do ourselves. He was trying to be helpful and was scolded for it. I thought it was kind of shitty. That's it.

I think the whole thing was a bit of a misunderstanding between everyone involved.

I think chronic_archaic had good intentions with their original post, but that it probably could have been worded a little better. It came off a bit as a direct attack against the Seller, instead of an informative post like I'm sure they meant it to be.

I also think your post was a bit more aggressive than it needed to be, but I also understand where you were coming from with it.

I think we're all good now?

Squarehard

I'll respond as best as I can to this part.

As far as I know, modding a device is not considered illegal. While pirating games "definitely" is, I believe our rules specifically call out including any kind of Game ROM in a sale post. You are free to sell modified systems, but you absolutely cannot sell ripped games.

Since it's okay to sell a modified system, I see no reason why it wouldn't be okay to advertise services to modify a system. Now, if someone were advertising that and also said: "and for $10 more, I'll throw in a SD card loaded with some of your favorite classic games" that would definitely cross the line. I don't believe we have ever had that problem though.
Fair enough.

The specificity you mentioned though I don't actually see on rule 6 in the op,

6. No illegal shit

This goes without saying, but JUST IN CASE: Do not sell stolen goods; do not sell pirated goods; do not sell illegal products; and do not sell anything here that could cause trouble for the forum. If the mods are made aware of a listing that violates any of the above rules, you will be banned and the listing(s) will be deleted.

still seems a bit vague compared to your description of the rule just now, and as it relates to other products, so maybe it was in there in previous forms in older BST threads?

But your explanation makes sense, so no need to go further with that specific topic.

Cloggerdude explained it better

He sure did. Yours still felt like you were responding to the other guy, and projected that troll onto me. :*(

This must be you getting me back for that rolling in your grave comment.

Well, you certainly open the flood gates, intentional or not. :p

All good though.

Next time if someone does something like that you don't like, just tell them that was rude, and be done with it.
I think we're all good now?

How dare you cut in while I'm still trying to finish my response! :(
*flips every table in sight*

Let's get back into buying and selling please. No need to insult other people.

Actually speaking of which does anyone know how bad the USPS services are right now during the hurricane in Florida? I have to send something that someone bought but I don't know if I should tell the poster when it will arrive.

Squarehard

I sorry :'(

:3!

Actually speaking of which does anyone know how bad the USPS services are right now during the hurricane in Florida? I have to send something that someone bought but I don't know if I should tell the poster when it will arrive.
I wouldn't do it for awhile.

Are you still in contact with the person, or can they even be reached?

If he's still in contact, get a hold of him and just let him know about sending it later, since it's not good for you if it does get lost in the mail anyways.

There's going to be some massive delays regardless as the storm is going to back all things up in Florida, and that part of the country no matter how hard that place has been hit, so probably safer just to hold off for now.

Just contact the other party, and see exactly what's going on right now with them specifically, and see if it'd make sense for both of you to send it now, or wait a bit.

:3!

I wouldn't do it for awhile.

Are you still in contact with the person, or can they even be reached?

If he's still in contact, get a hold of him and just let him know about sending it later, since it's not good for you if it does get lost in the mail anyways.

There's going to be some massive delays regardless as the storm is going to back all things up in Florida, and that part of the country no matter how hard that place has been hit, so probably safer just to hold off for now.

Just contact the other party, and see exactly what's going on right now with them specifically, and see if it'd make sense for both of you to send it now, or wait a bit.
I'm more worried about him. He hasn't responded in a while. :(

I hope everything is okay. I was about to send it but then I saw the services being delayed over there. I'll try contacting him again.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

If the buyer is in Florida I would just ask them. Whatever you do be sure to include tracking.

No, he wasn't selling anything illegal - I just generally dislike when people sell free software based hack services for profit. If you can't do it yourself you probably won't be able to maintain it so it's best to learn properly. I was a bit hostile, I apologize.

Got some stuff to sell however so... um.

Selling off some original Xbox stuff - hoping to sell it in a bundle if you find a bare console and need the essential stuff.

Xbox Controller S - bought this very recently, it's in fantastic condition, practically brand new I'd argue, but I seriously fucked my console and... well, let's say I'm done with it for now and have to deal with 360 BC.

Component cables, 3rd party - these have worked great, no issues with the quality on my TV and the cable itself feels well made if that helps.

Splinter Cell - you can use this to softmod your console if you have the save files. I don't have a memory card otherwise I'd sell that too so you'd have a kit but the base game is about $5 or so, figured I'd put it up here. Complete, disc and manual are there, not platinum hits.

For prices, I'd do $20 shipped for everything, $15 shipped for the controller, $8 shipped for the cable and... well, if you NEED Splinter Cell send me an offer.

I also have some controller breakaway cables, some composite cables, and another Controller S that has a fucked right stick. Could be fixable but I don't know. PayPal only please!

Toshiba 3.5" 1TB HDD gutted from a prebuilt I'm making a build out of. It's practically brand new and only has a few days of power on time. $30 shipped?

Replacement Floppy Disk Drive for Dell Inspiron - Latitude 4702p AO1, in electro-static bag. $10 shipped.

Sony SS-MCT100[ Soundbar/Subwoofer setup/B] in great working condition but can't use it since I moved. $80 local pickup in CNY.

LQX

FS: Everything ships from NY.

PS4:
Destiny 2 - Bran new - $46

Nintendo Switch with Neon Blue and Neon Red Joy-Con - Brand new - $318 shipped(you take care of the +3.8% fee)
5jC6ZBG.jpg

Orgin Digital codes: (US codes, not sure they work outside of the US)
Dragon Age Inquisition $4 and Battlefield 4 $3

Steam:
Song of the Deep $2
INSIDE $5

Banamy

Since when is paying for something you can do yourself, but don't want too a problem. That's how the entire market operates. Hmm I could pay to have my grass cut, or hire somebody. I've already sold one 3ds service, and it's in the feedback thread. I unbricked his limited edition 3ds, sent it back fully hacked. Plus provided any tech support he needed. I do that for everyone. $25 is the price to cover the R4 cost+time spent hacking and shipping the device. That's more than reasonable. It's called a service for a reason. If you can modify your 3ds then go for it!

Top Bottom