• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

California inmates rappel from jail in escape, two at large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Four California inmates cut through the bars of a second-story jail window and rappelled down the building's side in an overnight escape bid, authorities and media reported on Thursday.

Two of the inmates who broke out of the Santa Clara County jail in San Jose were caught immediately, but the others remain at large, the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.

A massive search that includes using dogs and a helicopter is under way, the statement said.

The inmates cut through the window's bars shortly after 11 a.m. PT on Wednesday. The statement did not say how the prisoners got their hands on tools to remove the bars.

KNTV, an NBC affiliate, quoted a sheriff's spokesman as saying the men escaped using bedclothes and clothing to climb down the side of the building. A deputy on patrol noticed the clothing hanging from the window, it said.

The two inmates on the run were identified as Rogelio Chavez and Lanon Campbell. Both were facing charges that included false imprisonment and firearms violations.

A sheriff's spokesman could not be reached for comment.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Hey this is a few minutes away from my place, how fun

For my fellow SJ peeps:

2232x2250.jpeg.b55b38a7d17d41a98622cfab29a5bb26.large

bjork

Cutting through bars in the daytime

cutting through bars in 2016?

what a weird story. I figured all jails were like bulletproof limo glass by this point.

Same thing happened in Chicago, also using bedsheets. They're gonna ruin it for prisoners everywhere. No more bedsheets or blankets for everyone!

Servbot24

Banned
Huh, I honestly didn't know jail breaks were still a thing, at least in major US prisons. Obviously they should be brought to justice, but at the same time I have to give props on some level.

Al-San

Neo Member
Jesus..... I just interacted with these clowns on Tuesday. Hopefully they are caught immediately. This is really, bad especially combined with all the other negative stories that have been coming out against the Santa Clara County jail.

bjork

Jesus..... I just interacted with these clowns on Tuesday. Hopefully they are caught immediately. This is really, bad especially combined with all the other negative stories that have been coming out against the Santa Clara County jail.

wait, what? you know them?

Drain You

What?

Mortemis

Banned

Bruh... what?

Do you work at the jail or something?

chronos86

You want to elaborate on that abit?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Now you really have to tell us why.

v1lla21

He probably works at the jail. This is not a good look for SC County at all since all the other shit that's happened.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Uhhh..we need details.

If you ever come back, why do those dudes get those line tats on their faces? Is it a gang thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom