• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

RetroMG

So is the protection role gone on the book? Because if not, we need to be protecting either Rats or Droplet. If we can keep them alive, we have four nights left. If we don't, we're down to three.

nin1000

Banned
So is the protection role gone on the book? Because if not, we need to be protecting either Rats or Droplet. If we can keep them alive, we have four nights left. If we don't, we're down to three.

We dont know since i did not use any of it and Rats didnt either. Even if it had been used it says in the book that it takes time to recharge. So , theres that

nin1000

Banned
So , you still are going to blame me for posting too much "Fluff"?

maxresdefault.jpg

Take that as you will, at least i can now try to have some fun !

nin1000

Banned
I did use it, though.

Cast Protect on my partner.

Droplet was the bait.

oh, well then forget what i said :(

The game done change, there aren't that many of us left now to write conspiracy theories regarding others, the game is gonna be cold and hard.

I like that since we now have to really really find that cult scum today !

And what were the results of that? If you do get told if you were successful or not.

nin1000

Banned
The game done change, there aren't that many of us left now to write conspiracy theories regarding others, the game is gonna be cold and hard .

I like that, since we dont have to pretend anymore, i feel relieved !
I still have a bad feeling regarding TWE and Jonny. Just to let you know where i stand.

RetroMG

So I've been thinking this over all morning, and in the harsh light of day, I'm not convinced that we're making the right move.

Right now we have a one in four chance of hitting Mafia. (One in five if you don't trust me, which I know some of you don't.) If we miss, then we leave another night open for the mafia to either recruit someone (other than Nin, because he'd be kind of a lame duck for them) or kill the lovers, dropping our four nights remaining down to three.

We need to either be very, very sure, or we need to do something else.

nin1000

Banned
So I've been thinking this over all morning, and in the harsh light of day, I'm not convinced that we're making the right move.

Right now we have a one in four chance of hitting Mafia. (One in five if you don't trust me, which I know some of you don't.) If we miss, then we leave another night open for the mafia to either recruit someone (other than Nin, because he'd be kind of a lame duck for them) or kill the lovers, dropping our four nights remaining down to three.

We need to either be very, very sure, or we need to do something else.

what are you suggesting then ? Kill of Jonny and TWE ?

RetroMG

what are you suggesting then ? Kill of Jonny and TWE ?

1. We kill someone who we are very, very sure is Mafia.
2. We kill somoene who we are very, very sure is insane.

We either go for the head and pray for a kill shot, or go for the arms to stop the disease from spreading.

nin1000

Banned
1. We kill someone who we are very, very sure is Mafia.
2. We kill somoene who we are very, very sure is insane.

We either go for the head and pray for a kill shot, or go for the arms to stop the disease from spreading.

i can get behind the 1st one , the second one suggests in killing me which i can understand but not get behind. Are you pulling the trigger on me once again ?

RetroMG

i can get behind the 1st one , the second one suggests in killing me which i can understand but not get behind. Are you pulling the trigger on me once again ?

Maybe. There's more to it than that, but I want to hear what the others have to say.

RetroMG

Here's my concern: I think that there is probably one cultist left. I do not think that there is only one insane person left. If we strike today and miss, someone will eventually get recruited. The odds will narrow until our cultist strikes god, and then we will not have the night cycles to take out two of them.
BUT, if we take out any possible recruits, (and I think I know who BESIDES NIN should be the first target,) then we can block off escape routes while the cultist kills off other targets. (Because why would the cultist turn someone we all know is insane? They're already going to have a target on their back.)

Here's my concern: I think that there is probably one cultist left. I do not think that there is only one insane person left. If we strike today and miss, someone will eventually get recruited. The odds will narrow until our cultist strikes god, and then we will not have the night cycles to take out two of them.
BUT, if we take out any possible recruits, (and I think I know who BESIDES NIN should be the first target,) then we can block off escape routes while the cultist kills off other targets. (Because why would the cultist turn someone we all know is insane? They're already going to have a target on their back.)

It's a risky move.

But we learn nothing from nin.

I'm after knowledge.

Finally. Someone being smart right now.

We don't lose much of value by lynching inactive individuals as well, so it's a bit of a win/win today since Mr. Nin's put any potential recruiters in a jam with his role claim. Question is, who of the two is more likely to be malevolent?

My money is on Mr. Edge for the time being, as he has been much more aggressive and abrasive than Mr. QuickKnives but if anyone has arguments for the latter I would love to familiarize myself with them.

RetroMG

It's a risky move.

But we learn nothing from nin.

I'm after knowledge.

That is a fair point. If we lynch the Insane Tourists, it does not get us closer to knowing who the true cultist is. However, I would assume that the numbers will whittle down naturally, probably as the cultist kills off the remaining non-insane players.

I worry a little that we're damned if we do, and damned if we don't.

RetroMG

We don't lose much of value by lynching inactive individuals as well, so it's a bit of a win/win today since Mr. Nin's put any potential recruiters in a jam with his role claim.

How is that? The recruiters just have to not pick Nin, since he already has a target on his back. They can go to any of the other unclaimed players and hope to get lucky, or go after Rats/Droplet, or Hyper.

How is that? The recruiters just have to not pick Nin, since he already has a target on his back. They can go to any of the other unclaimed players and hope to get lucky, or go after Rats/Droplet, or Hyper.

Well, assuming he hasn't already been recruited by them (which would make his roleclaim a thickheaded maneuvre of grand proportions) he's now made himself a very easy lynch candidate in the future which means that the cult has very little use for him and his abilities as of now. In the end, his ultimate power block was to the cult.

My only concern is that someone we trust may be lying about their role, like for example if Mr. Rats and Ms. Droplet have both been recruited into the cult and are using the lovers role as a cover to prevent us from lynching them. I don't actually believe that this is the case, but we should be wary of like scenarios lest we get backstabbed by someone we thought was benevolent.

nin1000

Banned
Well, assuming he hasn't already been recruited by them (which would make his roleclaim a thickheaded maneuvre of grand proportions) he's now made himself a very easy lynch candidate in the future which means that the cult has very little use for him and his abilities as of now. In the end, his ultimate power block was to the cult.

My only concern is that someone we trust may be lying about their role, like for example if Mr. Rats and Ms. Droplet have both been recruited into the cult and are using the lovers role as a cover to prevent us from lynching them. I don't actually believe that this is the case, but we should be wary of like scenarios lest we get backstabbed by someone we thought was benevolent.

I know this would be an option that they could be lying but sinc we almost reached the end of the game i just cant think of them lying. i dont want to defend them but i just want to see what other players who did not claim anything at this point have to say about this. I dont want to force them to Reveal anything but since we dont know anything from them that leaves a BIG question mark above my head

Claimed
Rats Off To Ya
Droplet
nin1000
Hyperactivity

Semiclaimed
RetroMG

Unclaimed
GreatCharleston
TheWorthyEdge
johnnyquicknives
ScraftyDevil

OK so we currently have 4 full role claims.
Hyper I'm inclined to trust. His role makes sense combined with the way Vylash played.
Nin's role makes sense. It comes with his death warrant be that today or tomorrow so it would be a pretty dumb lie.
Lovers. Pretty big risk to reveal themselves, especially with the clarification that they die together. Inclined to trust but the more nights they survive the more wary I'll be of them.

Retro hasn't outright claimed but has basically said he has a town power role. I'm still not really convinced by him but I think the rest of us are more worth focussing on just now.

I know it's in self interest and a long way from dead certain but I'll point out that most of us seem to think that there is only one cultist currently active. If we are trusting nin's claim then I was blocked and unable to kill Ultron last night.

I'm going to have to go back over posts but my initial reaction is that I have the worst gut feeling about GreatCharleston.

I agree that it's unlikely that cult will recruit rather than kill (if its even a definite kill or recruit choice, rather than the chance to do both like LoC's roleblock). But it's still a big risk and one that we can't leave hanging long term. If we leave Nin today I think we have to lynch him tomorrow.
And is our assumption here that the shadow cult was basically recruiting from the start of the game but only became active and able to start killing once the CoC were all killed?

RetroMG

I know it's in self interest and a long way from dead certain but I'll point out that most of us seem to think that there is only one cultist currently active. If we are trusting nin's claim then I was blocked and unable to kill Ultron last night.

That is an amazing point. If Nin blocked Johnny, then Johnny would not have been able to kill Ultron, (unless there is more than one cultist left, but in that case I'm pretty sure we are screwed.)

Claimed
Rats Off To Ya
Droplet
nin1000
Hyperactivity

Semiclaimed
RetroMG

Unclaimed
GreatCharleston
TheWorthyEdge
johnnyquicknives
ScraftyDevil

OK so we currently have 4 full role claims.
Hyper I'm inclined to trust. His role makes sense combined with the way Vylash played.
Nin's role makes sense. It comes with his death warrant be that today or tomorrow so it would be a pretty dumb lie.
Lovers. Pretty big risk to reveal themselves, especially with the clarification that they die together. Inclined to trust but the more nights they survive the more wary I'll be of them.

Retro hasn't outright claimed but has basically said he has a town power role. I'm still not really convinced by him but I think the rest of us are more worth focussing on just now.

I'm going to have to go back over posts but my initial reaction is that I have the worst gut feeling about GreatCharleston.

I agree that it's unlikely that cult will recruit rather than kill (if its even a definite kill or recruit choice, rather than the chance to do both like LoC's roleblock). But it's still a big risk and one that we can't leave hanging long term. If we leave Nin today I think we have to lynch him tomorrow.
And is our assumption here that the shadow cult was basically recruiting from the start of the game but only became active and able to start killing once the CoC were all killed?

We do lynch him tomorrow.

However, we can use him for one more night to narrow our list of possible mafia. Think about it. If a no kill occurs, it means either nin roleblocked, finding our cultist, was recruited, in which case he dies either way, or the book user roleblocked cultist, finding our cultist

RetroMG

However, we can use him for one more night to narrow our list of possible mafia. Think about it. If a no kill occurs, it means either nin roleblocked, finding our cultist, was recruited, in which case he dies either way, or the book user roleblocked cultist, finding our cultist

Book user shouldn't be able to roleblock anyone, but otherwise, spot on.

RetroMG

I think at this point it has to be Scrafty, Edge, or GC. I don't think it's Scrafty, so Edge or GC are probably good bets.

nin1000

Banned
Shrinking suspect list.

We could stunlock our Cultist.

Fight for your life, nin.

I will fire all i have got Rats ! I would go after those

Unclaimed
GreatCharleston
TheWorthyEdge
johnnyquicknives
ScraftyDevil

but since i blocked jonny tonight and ultron was killed either way, it only says that he is a normal town or a recruiting cult .

the others still leave a big question mark especially TWE since he seems to go after me like a raging bulldog, but since then calmed down quite a bit.

Yup I agree, I was basically just reiterating that we have to lynch him tomorrow to get any use out of the night.
After we lynch, and if we trust the solidish role claims, we'll have 4 unknown players with 2 roleblocks plus hyper tracking, decent odds.

You, with all respect.

The Great one is fishy, too.

johnny cleared himself.

If the town can agree unanimously that lynching me will be the most useful avenue fot information available, then I'll go quietly without a fuss. I must reiterate that I am very much on your side though, and my death will accomplish nothing aside from scratching another suspect off of your list and making the town one sane member weaker.

Top Bottom