• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

do I have to complete the game for the map to start working??

I have completed the game on my US account but have not played anything on the EU account and its from the EU account that I have downloaded the Map pack from....

snap0212

robertsan21 said:
do I have to complete the game for the map to start working??

I have completed the game on my US account but have not played anything on the EU account and its from the EU account that I have downloaded the Map pack from....

So you have the EU-Version of the game? Try playing offline (split-screen) on the Account you've purchased the maps with. :)

snap0212 said:
So you have the EU-Version of the game? Try playing offline (split-screen) on the Account you've purchased the maps with. :)

I did. still not there. tried both accounts!

BUT I completed the game on the US account!

I have not even played ONE single minute on the EU account but I bought the Map pack from the EU store.... maybe I have to complete the game on the EU account before the Map pack works??

snap0212

robertsan21 said:
I have not even played ONE single minute on the EU account but I bought the Map pack from the EU store.... maybe I have to complete the game on the EU account before the Map pack works??

I don't really thing the SP-Game does affect the MP in any form. Do the maps show up when you play online matches? That all seems really weird...

Maybe someone from IW can hop in and help? I know you guys are out there. :D

snap0212 said:
I don't really thing the SP-Game does affect the MP in any form. Do the maps show up when you play online matches? That all seems really weird...

Maybe someone from IW can hop in and help? I know you guys are out there. :D

nope they didnt show up during multi online either and I have reinstalled the damn pack many times now.... downloaded it over and over!!!

unomas

Banned
So I finally decided to prestige.....oh what a mistake :lol I end up in a room full of beasts and I suck with the M16 so I got dominated the first round, but after a few adjustments in the next game I went 7-3-5. It's still tough as hell though, you basically have nothing. I can't imagine what it's like for someone new who just got the game and jumps in with a room full of sharks. I'm a lowly level 3 but I've got a few hours today to try to rank up and get some perks going.

snap0212

robertsan21 said:
nope they didnt show up during multi online either and I have reinstalled the damn pack many times now.... downloaded it over and over!!!
Okay, that's not good. You know that you have to buy the Maps in the American store if your game is from the US? Same for Europe. If I were you, I'd call Activision. Seems like something went really wrong here.

I don't think it has anything to do with your Singeplayer-Game...

kuYuri

robertsan21 said:
I did. still not there. tried both accounts!

BUT I completed the game on the US account!

No way, you don't have to beat the game just to access DLC maps.

I think I may have had this problem, but I can't check anymore since I sold my PS3 copy. It could be a glitch.

PacoDG

unomas said:
So I finally decided to prestige.....oh what a mistake :lol I end up in a room full of beasts and I suck with the M16 so I got dominated the first round, but after a few adjustments in the next game I went 7-3-5. It's still tough as hell though, you basically have nothing. I can't imagine what it's like for someone new who just got the game and jumps in with a room full of sharks. I'm a lowly level 3 but I've got a few hours today to try to rank up and get some perks going.

Best option, as soon as you get the option to play headquarters, do it! Quickest way to rank up imo.

Also, use the LMG's a lot until you get the weapons you were used to using.

GodofWine

Anyone else had connectivity issues on PSN yesterday (last night mainly?) I'm asking for a buddy here at work who just got it and had a rough day of connecting? a couple total system freezes too. Worked fine for him in day 1, day 2, not so much.

He is wondering if its his connection or just some glitches that were around yesterday?
thx,

Okay, after complaining about snipers in an earlier post, I have to say that an M40A3 with an ACOG scope is GODLY.

I fucking love it. It's a shame I waited to long to unlock it (not to mention I'll be losing it soon due to another Prestige), but damn, it feels awesome to quickly zoom in and take down an enemy without even holding your breath.

PacoDG

So am I to assume no new playlists :(

I rented Gears 2. Have Fallout 3 right next to me. Yet I keep coming back to rank up right now. I don't see too many World at War players on my friends list. I wonder if the placement of CoD4 on the monthly Live activity lists will figure into whether or not CoD4 gets any more love

YakiSOBA

Is anyone have troubles getting a CoD4 game online on the PS3 ? Since last night I've been stuck at the "matching players" screen and no one gets matched, but I am able to log into the PSN and online mode properly.. :(

Magik

Even after spending so many weeks on CoD:WaW, I came back to CoD4 and it feels great.

There's something about CoD4 that sets it apart from WaW.

snap0212

YakiSOBA said:
Is anyone have troubles getting a CoD4 game online on the PS3 ? Since last night I've been stuck at the "matching players" screen and no one gets matched, but I am able to log into the PSN and online mode properly.. :(
Nope, everything's working fine here.

Magik said:
There's something about CoD4 that sets it apart from WaW.
It's just better, that's it. I mean, am I the only person who thinks WaW's Maps are waay too big? I don't like it when I have to run around for a Minute just to find someone... And the modern setting is just more appealing (imo).

YakiSOBA

After playing WaW, I find myself coming back to CoD4.

I still can't get any matched players, this is so frustrating. This game has worked flawlessly up until last night. I got disconnected and got some weird error message, and now it won't match me with anyone. I just sit in the lobby with the screenshot of the map that's going to be played and it says "Matching/Waiting for 5 more players"

What gives :( I can't even remember the error code, but it was the first time I'd ever seen it in all the time I've played COD4 (rank 55 - prestige mode) :(

Magik

Kyoufu said:
Good multi-player maps?

Yes and No. A lot of CoD4's multi-player maps are horribly unbalanced with one side having dominance over the other.

IMO, I think what keeps everything together in CoD4 is the weapons/perks are so well balanced in regards to the maps where as in WaW, there are weapons/perks that dominate over everything else the WaW maps terrible.

Not to mention there aren't any stupid mother fuck'n tanks in CoD4.

snap0212 said:
It's just better, that's it. I mean, am I the only person who thinks WaW's Maps are waay too big? I don't like it when I have to run around for a Minute just to find someone... And the modern setting is just more appealing (imo).

Yeah, outside of Big Team Battles, a lot of the maps are just too big for anything less. Ever had a 4v4 or less on Seelow? My god.

Another thing I think that separates CoD4 from WaW is CoD4 feels more authentic in its presentation where as WaW seems very cheesy more specifically, the voice overs. The voices in CoD4 feels more believable where as WaW sounds like one person was hired to do all the voice work and not to mention Jack Beur is annoying to listen to.

Edit: The CoD4 community seems to be more active compared to WaW as well. I was called a 'silencer-using-fa**ot' after a CoD4 match yesterday compared to the silence I would always hear in WaW. :lol

WaW is more weapon/map based while in CoD4 virtually every weapon is deadly and a lot of the maps are very similar so imho it comes down to perks and play style. I played CoD4 for hundreds of hours, was a damned good rusher, but rushing in WaW is a lot different, there's a lot more cover for people to use to kill you. So even though the core games are the same I had to change my style a little bit to adapt. While 4 has more great maps, I think WaW's are more original and vary a lot more.

I do miss the better netcode in 4 and the spawns, but I can't go back after playing WaW.

So I decided to play on a whim after not having played in months but I notice no new playlists. So they just of dropped all those playlists after talking about them eh. Not cool.

I love COD 4 but they really need to do a much better job of post game support on the next COD 4. Since it sold like a bazillion copies the excuse of not having enough staff to fully support a game post launch doesn't fit in this situation.

Stoney Mason said:
So I decided to play on a whim after not having played in months but I notice no new playlists. So they just of dropped all those playlists after talking about them eh. Not cool.

I love COD 4 but they really need to do a much better job of post game support on the next COD 4. Since it sold like a bazillion copies the excuse of not having enough staff to fully support a game post launch doesn't fit in this situation.

I assumed it was due to some agreement to stop supporting COD4 so that the userbase moves on to COD5.

Just guessing though.

PedroLumpy said:
I assumed it was due to some agreement to stop supporting COD4 so that the userbase moves on to COD5.

Just guessing though.

Perhaps but the people who were going to buy COD:Waw so it doesn't make sense. The online community is always a relatively smaller portion of the base compared to the single player crowd. They could have put out three or four map and they would have been nice hits and funded themselves.

It could have been something dictated from on high from Activision of course but it's still frustrating that however it happened they stopped supporting COD 4.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Stoney Mason said:
Perhaps but the people who were going to buy COD:Waw so it doesn't make sense. The online community is always a relatively smaller portion of the base compared to the single player crowd. They could have put out three or four map and they would have been nice hits and funded themselves.

It could have been something dictated from on high from Activision of course but it's still frustrating that however it happened they stopped supporting COD 4.

buy COD
WaW it's only $34.99 at best buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t+war&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1211586957545

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Stoney Mason said:
I was actually planning to but from what I've read they still haven't patched the issues I had with it in the beta. Namely the worst spawning I've ever seen.

I was kind of joking but yeah they killed off cod4 and IW from doing anything just so people would buy '5' with more perks and higher level caps. What's funny is that the manual, counting the front cover and back cover, is only 6 pages. All in black and white too, it's like the EA sports games.

The campaign is not bad, I bought it on sunday with this deal. But you cannot get achievements in coop campaign which is shit. Glad I only paid 35 for it.

I am officially retired from CoD4 now that I have sold my game. It was the only way to get me to stop playing. :lol

I put in hundreds of hours into the multiplayer, strictly hardcore mode once I unlocked it, and had a wild ride. Some days I hated the game with a burning passion but most of the time I loved it dearly.

Due to the tons of games out there to play right now and soon to release (especially Killzone 2 on the MP front) I have decided to skip CoD5 even though I am sure that I would love its hardcore mode as well.

I look forward to the sequel Infinity Ward puts out. I just hope that it fixes the multitude of problems that CoD4 has.

woodchuck

oh man. i started replaying COD4 today (i sold it couple months back but rebought it this week). it's still amazing. i noticed they nerfed the m16 though. and martyrdom is still a bitch.

raYne

woodchuck said:
oh man. i started replaying COD4 today (i sold it couple months back but rebought it this week). it's still amazing. i noticed they nerfed the m16 though. and martyrdom is still a bitch.
They haven't.

It's probably the rust making you "notice" things like that.

fin

Question about the Game of the Year edition:

Does the PS3 version have the extra maps on the disc? Or is there a one-time download code included in the packaging?

kuYuri

fin said:
Question about the Game of the Year edition:

Does the PS3 version have the extra maps on the disc? Or is there a one-time download code included in the packaging?

To answer your question, the maps would be a code to download them, they are not included on the disc.

Unfortunately, the GotY editions included a code for the maps for a limited time only. Chances are, you won't be able to find a copy with the maps included in stores.

crispyben

Strider2K99 said:
To answer your question, the maps would be a code to download them, they are not included on the disc.

Unfortunately, the GotY editions included a code for the maps for a limited time only. Chances are, you won't be able to find a copy with the maps included in stores.
I have a code for those I won't be using, PM me.

Ledsen

Strider2K99 said:

Really? My friend bought GotY for the 360 two weeks ago and it had the codes. It even says "Free! 4 multiplayer maps" on the cover.

kuYuri

Ledsen said:
Really? My friend bought GotY for the 360 two weeks ago and it had the codes. It even says "Free! 4 multiplayer maps" on the cover.

Your friend is pretty lucky. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some of those left out there, but in general, it should be getting harder and harder to find a GotY copy with the map pack code included.

The ones with the map pack code have the sticker on the front that you mentioned, but the majority shouldn't have the sticker anymore.

Oh fuck I find myself loving this game again, trying new modes for the first time in a year.
went 58-10 in a domination match. fucking loving it. can't wait for the sequel.

kevm3

One thing they need to fix is if you have UAV jammer, the team should NOT respawn right behind you. Nothing is more annoying than sneaking up on a team, but having your whole team respawn right next to you and rush right towards the enemy.

cameltoe

kevm3 said:
One thing they need to fix is if you have UAV jammer, the team should NOT respawn right behind you. Nothing is more annoying than sneaking up on a team, but having your whole team respawn right next to you and rush right towards the enemy.

yeah, I hate when that happens....Im all sneaky with dead silence, and a TM will spawn right next to me with no dead silence, making all kinds of noise...hate that shit.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
How come IW is not supporting their product more with new maps? It's BS that we get 1 map pack when the game sold so well. It would help their cause to keep as many people as possible interested in CoD. At least WaW came out but that doesn't mean they should forget to support their own game a little more.

No_Style

LiquidMetal14 said:
How come IW is not supporting their product more with new maps? It's BS that we get 1 map pack when the game sold so well. It would help their cause to keep as many people as possible interested in CoD. At least WaW came out but that doesn't mean they should forget to support their own game a little more.

It don't think it was IW's call on that one.

Magik

LiquidMetal14 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Activision that is holding back anymore map packs simply to keep WaW in the spotlight.

Nevertheless they made promisses to release mappacks and new (hardcore) playlists, it just doesn't happen. Fuck IW!

Although I can understand activision not wanting it because it would steal WaW players.
Still it's weak, one lousy mappack, with maps included from the singleplayer and a CoD2 retextured map, WOOOW!

woodchuck

honestly, i dont even want Modern Warfare 2.

I'm pretty happy with the game as it is...just want more playlists and maps. I believe they were testing a playlist with no martyrdom, no helicopter, no airstrike, no uav, etc. But i guess they want people to buy WAW.

Bare-bones Team Deathmatch

No more excuses. No more blaming Martyrdom or Juggernaut for your lack of skills and kills. Bare Bones Team Deathmatch eliminates the excuses and takes it back to basics with standard Team Deathmatch with no perks, no kill streak rewards. Just you, your skill, and your weapons.

where is it?!

Top Bottom