• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

JetSetRadio said:
Nevertheless they made promisses to release mappacks and new (hardcore) playlists, it just doesn't happen. Fuck IW!

Although I can understand activision not wanting it because it would steal WaW players.
Still it's weak, one lousy mappack, with maps included from the singleplayer and a CoD2 retextured map, WOOOW!

I do agree that IW lost a bit of respect with me by doing this considering the incredible support that COD1 and COD2 got.

DuckRacer

On the plus side, whatever maps and modes IW was working on for CoD4 will be in CoD6.

Rapping Granny said:
What are the chances of IW bailing out of Activision, can it happen, or does AV have them by the balls?
Well, unless IW has enough money to buy themselves back and have its key employees all wanting to quit unless they become independent, it's not going to happen. Especially in this economic climate.

Nizz

DuckRacer said:
On the plus side, whatever maps and modes IW was working on for CoD4 will be in CoD6.

Well, unless IW has enough money to buy themselves back and have its key employees all wanting to quit unless they become independent, it's not going to happen. Especially in this economic climate.
This is what I think will happen. Stuff like Hardcore FFA and all the other stuff will probably be there day one with the new game. I've been playing this game again and I've never hated and loved a game so much in my life before. :D There's a couple of other games I want to finish before Killzone 2 comes out, but I'm too damned hooked to the multiplayer of COD4. It's like gaming crack...

The following is geared towards Multi-Player.
Would people prefer the frames per second take a hit in Infinity Wards next installment in order to bring us graphics closer to KZ2 or would you be content with 60fps and graphics on par or a little better than COD4?
I'm just surprised how spoiled I am by 60fps. Going into this gen I was all about the 720p, 1080p etc.. but I didn't know 60fps would make that much of an impact on me.
Looking at "other games" with OUTSTANDING graphics I find the 30fps not as appealing.
So here is hoping Infinity Ward sticks to what worked so well. I want my 60fps!!!

CitizenCope said:
The following is geared towards Multi-Player.
Would people prefer the frames per second take a hit in Infinity Wards next installment in order to bring us graphics closer to KZ2 or would you be content with 60fps and graphics on par or a little better than COD4?
I'm just surprised how spoiled I am by 60fps. Going into this gen I was all about the 720p, 1080p etc.. but I didn't know 60fps would make that much of an impact on me.
Looking at "other games" with OUTSTANDING graphics I find the 30fps not as appealing.
So here is hoping Infinity Ward sticks to what worked so well. I want my 60fps!!!

No, I am fine with the graphics just as they are.

Just give me more destructible enviroment and 60fps please.

X26 said:
60fps is a must, it makes a huge difference
Doesn't it! Seeing "other" footage of mp I am surprised how disapointed I am even though the graphics melt my eyes.
I will still buy "other" games as I'm a multi console owner and love to game but I can not wait for the next COD in 60fps(please!!).

cameltoe

Ill take 60fps over 30fps any day but, if shit needs to be toned down to make it happen, give me a solid 30FPS with some juicy eye candy!

I went into hardcore team deathmatch with my clan...

2rxxxqo.jpg

WTF. :lol :lol

Alright, ever since COD4 dropped to 3rd on the live charts I've had trouble finding fairly lag free games. So I was thinking about how the playlists work with the map pack. Does anyone know how they work in regards to dividing people who have/don't have the map pack? I was thinking that if I picked up the map when it became cheap this Friday, I may be effectively increasing the amount of games I have access to and thus help with my lag problems.

So for example does COD4 have effectively 2 playlists for each gametype? I.e. Sabotage (no map pack) and Sabotage (with map pack)

And if I get the map pack, will I have access to both, or will I just be limiting myself to playing with people who do have the map pack?

And what percentage of players bought the map pack?

PedroLumpy said:
And what percentage of players bought the map pack?

I bought it and deleted it because I got tired of playing the maps and I didn't like them. Plus, I paid for 4 the second they were available and in all that time playing almost daily, the fourth map never appeared in rotation.

I've been super happy since I've removed them. Now if only I could remove WetWork so I never have to play that one either.

Rayme

PedroLumpy said:
I was thinking that if I picked up the map when it became cheap this Friday, I may be effectively increasing the amount of games I have access to and thus help with my lag problems.

So for example does COD4 have effectively 2 playlists for each gametype? I.e. Sabotage (no map pack) and Sabotage (with map pack)

And if I get the map pack, will I have access to both, or will I just be limiting myself to playing with people who do have the map pack?
Yes; if you have the pack you'll have "broader" matchmaking capabilities.

It's actually more complicated than you're probably assuming, but no, it's not a matter of having 2 (internal) playlists or anything. This whole time, you've probably been playing against people who have the pack, and those who don't, and were never the wiser. =)

So yeah; it'll definitely help you find good games (skill-wise & latency-wise), but you're not buying access to players you were cut off from before.

Magik

OldJadedGamer said:
I bought it and deleted it because I got tired of playing the maps and I didn't like them. Plus, I paid for 4 the second they were available and in all that time playing almost daily, the fourth map never appeared in rotation.

I've been super happy since I've removed them. Now if only I could remove WetWork so I never have to play that one either.

I think we all would have loved to be able to remove Wet Work.

kuYuri

OldJadedGamer said:

Which 4th map are you referring to?

kuYuri

OldJadedGamer said:
Killhouse. In all the time playing matchmaking with my friends it literally never showed up in rotation and like I said... this is from pretty much playing daily.

As far as I know, Killhouse only shows up in FFA or Team Tactical. It's a really small map.

Rayme said:
Yes; if you have the pack you'll have "broader" matchmaking capabilities.

It's actually more complicated than you're probably assuming, but no, it's not a matter of having 2 (internal) playlists or anything. This whole time, you've probably been playing against people who have the pack, and those who don't, and were never the wiser. =)

So yeah; it'll definitely help you find good games (skill-wise & latency-wise), but you're not buying access to players you were cut off from before.

Thanks, I hope it'll be a big help. So essentially I'll be getting access to more players at any given time.

Makes me sad that my internet cannot hack it on the 3rd highest title on Xbox Live... I'll need to look into that down the road.

Strider2K99 said:
As far as I know, Killhouse only shows up in FFA or Team Tactical. It's a really small map.

So is Shipment and that has no problem coming up in rotation. FFA is Lone Wolf only and you cannot play it with your friends. Maybe I'll try Team Tactical but there is no excuse for Killhouse to not appear in the same rotation that Shipment does. I think Shipment may actually be smaller then Killhouse.

Plus, I paid for the map... it should appear more then the others.

VULKIN

After seeing this thread again I decided to go for my last achievement!
I am now a member of the fucking MILE HIGH CLUB!

although I now blame Gaf for a broken Metallica cd and a smashed Case...:D

NG28

I've had this game since it came out, and looking back, it is definitely my game of the current generation so far. Multiplayer is addicting as hell, I got my gold cross over a year ago but I still go back to play it all the time. The game had a bunch of fuck awesome moments in the SP. A lot of people rag on it for all the scripted moments, but they are awesome. Can't wait for MW2, and hopefully they don't come out with a WaW2 for awhile after so Activision allows them to support the game.

Rayme

Well, and "Friday" kind of starts at different times, all over the world.

I'd like to think that "too much double-XP" is a lot better than "too little". =)

chemicals

peace and love, peace and love

just wanting to chime in with glowing praise for multiplayer. holy crap there's NOTHING that compares to this game. I'm also a Team Fortress 2 player, and it seems sooo sloooow and oldschool when compared to this game.. I also need to say screw WaW.. Modern Warfare deserves transcending the Call Of Duty moniker.

not sure if this has been addressed, but I have a few comments on achievements.. I hope they are more multiplayer oriented for MW2.. I mean, you should get a shit ton of achievement points every time you prestige. I'm addicted to CoD4, but I find myself dipping into other online FPSs when I go achievement mining. Sad, I know. I freaking love achievements.

F8AL

PacoDG said:
I don't play daily, but I am definitely at the very least a once a week player. What cheats is he referring to?

Players modded their 360's in order to gain unfair advantages over other players. (i.e. god mode, infinite ammo, fly up in the air, speed hacks etc.)

PacoDG

F8AL said:
Players modded their 360's in order to gain unfair advantages over other players. (i.e. god mode, infinite ammo, fly up in the air, speed hacks etc.)

Ah. The only thing I was thinking is the somehow figured out who was using those modded controllers because their systems keep detecting people in last stand with what seems to be an assault gun.

google searched and now seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuWpDOYrmbQ .. that sucks. Glad I have yet to encounter that (and hopefully never will). I now just got chills thinking of the game after game after game of halo 2 I played against cheaters. shitty times.

F8AL

Patch is up!

FOURZEROTWO's latest Twitter:

"Multiplayer in Call of Duty 4 is once again mod & hacks free. The patch to eliminate cheaters just went live."

Picked up the DS version last week. It's actually pretty fun. The campaign is much better than the campaign mode in World at War. I just wish it had Wifi. Here's hoping N-Space develops Modern Warfare 2.

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Just out of curiosity people, is it confirmed that World at War was the last COD game for Treyarch and that Infinity has total control of future releases now?

No. This hasn't been confirmed at all from anything I've seen and in fact would probably be a bad business move for Activision at this point.

Top Bottom