• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Jack Scofield said:
Ugh, I've had some absolutely terrible games these past two days. Maybe I should stop experimenting with weapons and go back to my tried-and-true custom classes.

What's the general consensus on the G3? Or any single shot rifle, for that matter? I understand people like using it for precise shots, but the M16 seems to be better in that regard, not to mention a bit more versatile. It doesn't help that the G3 sounds like a peashooter, either.

G3 is the best thing since sliced bread in Hardcore. Basically it's a one hit kill gun, with great distance and pin point accuracy with no recoil. I've shot guys in the foot and they died.

In TDM it sucks.

Jack Scofield said:
Ugh, I've had some absolutely terrible games these past two days. Maybe I should stop experimenting with weapons and go back to my tried-and-true custom classes.

What's the general consensus on the G3? Or any single shot rifle, for that matter? I understand people like using it for precise shots, but the M16 seems to be better in that regard, not to mention a bit more versatile. It doesn't help that the G3 sounds like a peashooter, either.

RaYne would disagree with me, but I would say the M16 is better at any distance where one burst will kill them. So the G3 is good at really long range, where the M16 is only hitting with one bullet out of three anyway. M14 can be fun, one shot headshots, but not really better than anything else.

But most weapons are pretty equal at most ranges.

Should I end my love affair with the Mini-Uzi to begin a new one with the P90? I tend to use the submachine guns only on Wet Work and Vacant, so is it worth switching, or am I better off with the Mini in these ultra tight quarters?

By the way, losing streaks and KDRs lower than one tend to ruin my entire day. Oh, how I love and hate thee, COD4...

arena08

I need some clarification on 'Last Stand'. Recently my friends and I have been playing on LAN. One of the other guys uses last stand as a perk which gets him a lot of kills because we play on hardcore mode. I think its really really cheap. He insists that because its 'part of the game' its all fair. The main issue is he's easily the best FPS'er out of all of us anyway and he really doesn't need it to win. 2 of us are against it, and 2 for it. I don't enjoy playing with him at all because of it.

Whats the general consensus on it?

kurahadol

I find Last Stand to be pretty useless. I've been killed by it...maybe once or twice. The only thing I hate about it is someone snagging your kill after you put someone on last stand, THAT pisses me off.

If you want to call something cheap, I'd say complain about martyrdom, but even that can be easily avoided in most situations.

arena08 said:
I need some clarification on 'Last Stand'. Recently my friends and I have been playing on LAN. One of the other guys uses last stand as a perk which gets him a lot of kills because we play on hardcore mode. I think its really really cheap. He insists that because its 'part of the game' its all fair. The main issue is he's easily the best FPS'er out of all of us anyway and he really doesn't need it to win. 2 of us are against it, and 2 for it. I don't enjoy playing with him at all because of it.

Martyrdom and Juggernaut are WAY fucking cheaper. I'm not sure if you are, but if you are using martyrdom you have no reason to bitch. At least Last Stand takes some skill to kill somebody, martyrdom doesn't require shit. Yeah I use last stand. I dont use martyrdom, noob tube, juggernaut, or snipe, yet I have a 76% "unsporting" rep rating most likely because of last stand. As long as people are using martyrdom and juggernaut, I'm gonna continue to use last stand.

SonnyBoy

arena08 said:

I find it pretty cheap but just make sure he's dead. Plugging a few extra bullets in him will stop that.

Lionheart1827 said:
Martyrdom and Juggernaut are WAY fucking cheaper. I'm not sure if you are, but if you are using martyrdom you have no reason to bitch. At least Last Stand takes some skill to kill somebody, martyrdom doesn't require shit. Yeah I use last stand. I dont use martyrdom, noob tube, juggernaut, or snipe, yet I have a 76% "unsporting" rep rating most likely because of last stand. As long as people are using martyrdom and juggernaut, I'm gonna continue to use last stand.
I've got no issue with anyone using any of the perks. I think I actually get killed more often from Last Stand users than with Martyrdom. I just always assume people have Martyrdom and stay back. Only time it gets me is in a tight space where I can't get out quickly but it's pretty rare. It's lame that someone would give you a bad rep for using Last Stand though. I guess I could see people getting annoyed because rather than getting the full kill points, a lot of time a teammate will swoop in and get the points and you wind up with the measly single point.

BigBlue1974 said:
I've got no issue with anyone using any of the perks. I think I actually get killed more often from Last Stand users than with Martyrdom. I just always assume people have Martyrdom and stay back. Only time it gets me is in a tight space where I can't get out quickly but it's pretty rare. It's lame that someone would give you a bad rep for using Last Stand though. I guess I could see people getting annoyed because rather than getting the full kill points, a lot of time a teammate will swoop in and get the points and you wind up with the measly single point.

Yeah I know its ridiculous how many people give me bad rep for unsporting conduct. Last stand is the only thing I can think of that they can complain about. I never cheat and try to get out of the map or any of that garbage either. I'm as fair a player as they come. I mean, I dont mind people using perks(aside from maybe noob tubing when you are a high level player), but when you go and report people over it, its retarded as hell. It's like just like "dude play the game and get better."

Anyways, I still enjoy the hell out of this game. And I'm enjoying the beta of the new one and cant wait to start up again. I just made level 10 prestige in cod4 last week so my goal is complete! :D

unomas

Banned
I've yet to get bad feedback on COD 4 but I don't use last stand. I usually go with a P90, claymores, stopping power, and martydom. I've got 3 custom layups and I usually go with this one on most maps.

kuYuri

I rarely see people complaining about Last Stand, if anything that person should be praised for getting kills with it. It's pretty easy to get kills with Last Stand if you are on the right terrain (ie not on a slope, as slopes can screw up aiming). I've shot people from 50 feet away or so with Last Stand and gotten kills that way. Even better in hardcore.

The G3 is a great weapon whether it's TDM or hardcore. Obviously it's even more useful in hardcore because of it's strength of one shot kills and range. I personally hate the M14 because of the recoil and iron sights.

Juggernaut might only be cheap if you're not using Juggernaut or Stopping Power yourself. I used to think Jugs was cheap, then I thought of it that way and it makes more sense to me.

Az

I just hate how the multiplayer in Cod4 has spoiled me. I am unable to enjoy any other game (except MGS4) since it came out. I love the way they set up games, instead of waiting for players to be ready, you get a long enough timeframe.

Regarding perks I hate the Last Stand, Martyrdom and Juggernauts out there. Only time I had the last stand perk is to get the Challenge and thats it. Also, Search & Destroy is the best mode in the game, doesn't matter if hardcore or normal.

Strider2K99 said:
I rarely see people complaining about Last Stand, if anything that person should be praised for getting kills with it. It's pretty easy to get kills with Last Stand if you are on the right terrain (ie not on a slope, as slopes can screw up aiming). I've shot people from 50 feet away or so with Last Stand and gotten kills that way. Even better in hardcore.

The G3 is a great weapon whether it's TDM or hardcore. Obviously it's even more useful in hardcore because of it's strength of one shot kills and range. I personally hate the M14 because of the recoil and iron sights.

Juggernaut might only be cheap if you're not using Juggernaut or Stopping Power yourself. I used to think Jugs was cheap, then I thought of it that way and it makes more sense to me.

I love the G3. I hated the hell out of it at first because of the damage, but once I got accustomed to firing fast with the trigger, and noticing its high accuracy, I fell in love with it. I can't stand he M14. The shot gun like kickback is so terrible.

digital

Banned
Jack Scofield said:
Should I end my love affair with the Mini-Uzi to begin a new one with the P90? I tend to use the submachine guns only on Wet Work and Vacant, so is it worth switching, or am I better off with the Mini in these ultra tight quarters?
I personally would go with the P90 while making good use of the iron sights. It's just my personal preference of course since it has low recoil, fires fast, is fairly accurate, large magazine, and reloads fairly quickly (If you interrupt the reloading animation with a quick sprint when your HUD indicates the bullets have been loaded). I tend to couple it with the silencer, UAV jammer perk, and the extreme conditioning perk for stealth goodness. The silencer and UAV jammer will keep you off the radar while extreme conditioning will take advantage of a glitch with the P90 that allows you to run for a very long time. As long as you manage to keep the opposing team from noticing you, you'll almost always be able to take them by surprise.

P.S. I am playing on the PC so your mileage may vary with the Xbox 360 and PS3.

kuYuri

digital said:
I personally would go with the P90 while making good use of the iron sights. It's just my personal preference of course since it has low recoil, fires fast, is fairly accurate, large magazine, and reloads fairly quickly (If you interrupt the reloading animation with a quick sprint when your HUD indicates the bullets have been loaded). I tend to couple it with the silencer, UAV jammer perk, and the extreme conditioning perk for stealth goodness. The silencer and UAV jammer will keep you off the radar while extreme conditioning will take advantage of a glitch with the P90 that allows you to run for a very long time. As long as you manage to keep the opposing team from noticing you, you'll almost always be able to take them by surprise.

P.S. I am playing on the PC so your mileage may vary with the Xbox 360 and PS3.

The P90 extra sprint glitch was patched on consoles. You're saying it was never patched on PC? :lol

digital

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
The P90 extra sprint glitch was patched on consoles. You're saying it was never patched on PC? :lol
As far as I know it hasn't. Heck, I don't think they even patched the G3 and knife glitch for us PC players either (Correct me if I'm wrong). :S

kuYuri

digital said:
As far as I know it hasn't. Heck, I don't think they even patched the G3 and knife glitch for us PC players either (Correct me if I'm wrong). :S

I'm surprised. The P90 glitch was fixed way back in February.

digital

Banned
Unfortunately, PC players have gotten the short end of the stick from Infinity Ward. We're still lacking in the features department compared to the Xbox 360 version. It's nothing too severe though. We still have a few glitches (Mainly weapons related stuff. AK-47 and its attachments still reduce damage which could be easily fixed by changing a few lines in the respective files. Other misc. weapons stuff like that.) and lack a few fancy features (Kill cam and etc.).

kuYuri

Yeah, I'm surprised by that. Call of Duty series started on PC, you would think IW would be there constantly supporting the PC community that started the game, but you're now starting to see a preference for the Xbox 360 platform.

snap0212

Lionheart1827 said:
Yeah I use last stand. I dont use martyrdom, noob tube, juggernaut, or snipe, yet I have a 76% "unsporting" rep rating most likely because of last stand. As long as people are using martyrdom and juggernaut, I'm gonna continue to use last stand.

Is there a problem with sniper-guys or don't you just use sniper rifles because you don't like them?

ethic

This game has the worst mods and ugliest custom maps I have
ever seen in my life. 2 of my favorite servers have changed
from the original game. One simply added custom maps; most
of which suck. The other installed some stupid sniper mod (it was
a Bolt Sniper Only server; but we relied on the honor system..
and admins to kick people who didn't follow the rules) that
assigns each team to different sides of a map (an ugly map).
Each team is separated by some invisible wall. Oh God it's bad.

Talking about the PC version obviously.

I hope future CoD games aren't moddable, and that they allow
more options in server set up (perk and weapon restriction, etc)

snap0212 said:
Is there a problem with sniper-guys or don't you just use sniper rifles because you don't like them?

I dont have a problem unless the entire team is just sniping. Other than that, I just hear a lot of people complain about sniping, so I just added it onto that list in that post. :D

digital said:
Unfortunately, PC players have gotten the short end of the stick from Infinity Ward. We're still lacking in the features department compared to the Xbox 360 version. It's nothing too severe though. We still have a few glitches (Mainly weapons related stuff. AK-47 and its attachments still reduce damage which could be easily fixed by changing a few lines in the respective files. Other misc. weapons stuff like that.) and lack a few fancy features (Kill cam and etc.).
Wait...we don't have kill cam?
Also, free maps. Suck it.

All perks are greatness, none of them are chea. They all just add to the balance of the game. Everything can be countered. People just bitch because they have their own personal play styles and don't like dieing. Snipers will hate juggernaut users because they can survive most shots and claymores. Campers hate Frag x 3 and noob tubes because it makes it easier for the other team to kill them. Run and gunners hate campers because they like to just run into an area with an SMG and juggernaut and lay waste but it's hard when people are focused on entry points or choke points or spawn points ready to fire. Etc etc. The list goes on and on but that's what makes the game so great. Every style has something to counter it and when you hear crying in the lobby you know you just did a good job.

It's one of the more disappointing aspects of the World at War beta. Spawn camping seems to be almost guaranteed victory so far.

J1000

Bumblebeetuna said:
It's one of the more disappointing aspects of the World at War beta. Spawn camping seems to be almost guaranteed victory so far.

This reminds me of an idea I have for spawning in games like CoD. When it is time for the player to respawn, insert them as a ghost into the level, turn off their ability to see other players, and then let them position exactly where they want to spawn. Then they press a button and PRESTO, they spawn where they want; not where the game decides they should be.

1. Not seeing or hearing the other players will prevent them from plotting surprise kills.
  2. If you insert a countdown (10 seconds, for instance), you will be able to limit their spawn area. This allows current spawn logic to still have a beneficial effect.

J1000 said:
This reminds me of an idea I have for spawning in games like CoD. When it is time for the player to respawn, insert them as a ghost into the level, turn off their ability to see other players, and then let them position exactly where they want to spawn. Then they press a button and PRESTO, they spawn where they want; not where the game decides they should be.

1. Not seeing or hearing the other players will prevent them from plotting surprise kills.
  2. If you insert a countdown (10 seconds, for instance), you will be able to limit their spawn area. This allows current spawn logic to still have a beneficial effect.

Sounds nice.. but what would stop people from abusing it? I could see a team of 8 people respawning themselves all in one building, or when you get killed by a sniper, respawn yourself right behind where he is. And then in modes like War or HQ or CTF, there are problems there too.

Personally I don't think it is possible to make a game that doesn't have spawn problems. However, CoD4 at least got it somewhat right with you spawning close to teammates. On one hand when you spawn, you at least have some help very close by. On the other hand we have all been part of TDM games were you annihilate a team in their spawn because they keep respawning near each other. But eventually the spawn does reset and start putting them on the opposite end of the map.

That is far superior to World at War, which seems to just randomly spawn you in various places. I have played teams of 6 clan members who just watched spawn areas and you had no chance to do much of anything.

J1000

Bumblebeetuna said:
Sounds nice.. but what would stop people from abusing it? I could see a team of 8 people respawning themselves all in one building, or when you get killed by a sniper, respawn yourself right behind where he is. And then in modes like War or HQ or CTF, there are problems there too.

Well you said yourself that they are already spawning together right? Even if it were coordinated, it seems more like strategy than abuse. As for dropping in on snipers, that part is mitigated by the ghost spawn point combined with the limited time to reposition yourself. 5-10 seconds is not long enough to traverse the length of the map to get at a sniper, but it's plenty of time to avoid getting spawn killed.

J1000

digital said:

Kill cam is there, but most servers admins disable it. (Personally, I love it and couldn't care less about revealing enemy positions.) What else is missing?

And can you explain the AK problem in more detail? I'm kinda new to the game.

PacoDG

I would like to try this 'choose your own spawn point' option.... but.. only if you aren't allowed to talk to teammates when dead (thus not getting any information on where enemies exactly are and etc). All you would know is whatever you can gather from your killscreen.

kuYuri

J1000 said:
Kill cam is there, but most servers admins disable it. (Personally, I love it and couldn't care less about revealing enemy positions.) What else is missing?

And can you explain the AK problem in more detail? I'm kinda new to the game.

The AK thing he speaks of is that for some odd reason, the AK does it's most damage without any attachments. Once you attach a RDS or Silencer for example, the damage slightly goes down.

I don't think it's a glitch, since other weapons also have this querk, but as far as I know, it's never been patched on console either. It might be a design decision, though I have no clue why they would do this.

Man, the 24/7 Killhouse server is making regaining all my guns and working towards my camo on PC a breeze. That map is mad fun, in a very uncompetitive sort of way.

PacoDG

A growing trend I find when playing Sabotage, people who play just to kill. I play to win and love it when I can end a match in a minute or two instead of taking the full 20 minutes. Why don't they play Team Deathmatch :(

snap0212

Jack Scofield said:
Hey snipers.

Fuck you all. :mad:
Why? :-/

PacoDG said:
A growing trend I find when playing Sabotage, people who play just to kill. I play to win and love it when I can end a match in a minute or two instead of taking the full 20 minutes. Why don't they play Team Deathmatch :(
Because it's easier? In Sabotage, people "know" where the enemies are, and almost everyone will try to get the bomb, so you'll find them near the bomb. Another reason could be the length of Team Deathmatch Games - they're pretty short, imo.

How are earth are people shooting me in the middle of their reload animation? Are they using some kind of glitch, or is the result of lag during the Killcam?

Nizz

Jack Scofield said:
How are earth are people shooting me in the middle of their reload animation? Are they using some kind of glitch, or is the result of lag during the Killcam?
Yeah, I remember this happening to me plenty of times when watching the Killcam. I was like WTF? How did that happen? I miss this game. Far Cry 2 finally pulled me away from COD 4 multiplayer. Well, the single player of Far Cry 2. I touched the multiplayer once and it was competent. Haven't tried the mapmaker yet. I suspect I'll come back to COD 4, maybe after the holidays. Who am I kidding, I'll probably hop on sometime sooner....

Jack Scofield said:

Could be lag during the killcam, or maybe they tap sprint, which stops the reload animation, then firing.

Guys any new Multiplayer maps??

I have not keept myself updated on this game and wanted to start playing it again but my brother is complaining that all the maps are booring... so is there any patches to download for new Multiplayer maps??

I got the PS3 version

snap0212

robertsan21 said:
Guys any new Multiplayer maps??

I have not keept myself updated on this game and wanted to start playing it again but my brother is complaining that all the maps are booring... so is there any patches to download for new Multiplayer maps??

I got the PS3 version

Have you bought the first Map-Pack?

BlinkGT

402 : "we're working on it, the new playlists will be available in two or three years"

lolz.

And we want some fucking new maps ! One year, three new maps (not 4, i'm playing three add maps, the smallest is ridiculous and not included in the playlists), are you kidding me ?

But i'm sure they don't want to kill COD5 before its release giving (oh, selling) us new maps on COD4. :/

Buying the first map packs practically places you in the "elite" league of players. Now I never see people below the first prestige level, and I'm often the lowest ranked player in the room (46 Prestige 2).

As a result, my stats have suffered. Badly. :lol

I don't think Activision is interested in generating and perpetuating a community around any one Call of Duty given that it's basically a yearly franchise now. Modern Warfare users are getting a new map pack and even a mod for the campaign, it's called Call of Duty: World at War and you'll pay 60$ for it.

One map pack was enough to keep us interested and playing until the next Call of Duty came out. The lack of content support is probably a subtle prod to get users to move on to the next flavor of the month. Same thing will probably happen with World at War.

Top Bottom