• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
I've got a server running here at the office, the IW THUNDERDOME!

24 player max, running all sorts of gametypes and such, 204.132.56.83

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
DKo5 said:
I've got a server running here at the office, the IW THUNDERDOME!

24 player max, running all sorts of gametypes and such, 204.132.56.83

Shouldn't the Thunderdome be two player max? :D

h3ro

Lince said:
the version with the fixed framerate will get my money

Looks like your buying two copies as well then...

IW devs have been on this board and posted multiple times that both will be locked at 60fps...

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
h3ro said:
Looks like your buying two copies as well then...

IW devs have been on this board and posted multiple times that both will be locked at 60fps...

Yea talk is cheap, I want to see it in writing from folks that doesn't have an agenda to sell games.

J-Rzez

ItsInMyVeins said:
So the game is good, huh?

I wouldn't be buying it for both machines if it wasn't... I got into the Beta late, and had to deal with everyone having the better guns and perks, it was a little frustrating at first, but soon as you start unlocking stuff, it's like leveling in MMO's, you get hooked...

I hope my 360 friends get screwed tonight though and don't all score their copies... That way I can just concentrate on one for at least a day or so... I'm so evil :p

painey

to anyone who has played it: is there head bob? All the videos ive seen there is no headbob, and that is probably my biggest hate of call of duty, it feels like you are sliding everywhere like Half Life rather than walking/running.

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
Francias Castiglione said:
:lol So by saying both versions are locked you think they want you to buy BOTH versions? or neither?

Yea because COD4 is the first game that both versions are suposed to be 100% equal and don't end up that wya correct? Oh yea not really

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So by saying both versions are locked you think they want you to buy BOTH versions? or neither?
I suppose the fear is based on CoD2. IW also stated that CoD2 on XBOX360 was 60 fps, but that wasn't quite true. Sure, the base framerate was 60, but the second anything significant started to occur the framerate would drop to 30. It was pretty distracting.

That was a launch title, however, and they've likely improved their engine quite a bit with CoD4.

h3ro

tinfoilhatman said:
Yea talk is cheap, I want to see it in writing from folks that doesn't have an agenda to sell games.

Reports from people who picked this game up early last week reported that the frame rate was perfect, with no hiccups on the PS3 version. I havn't heard much about the 360 version, but judging by previous history, I don't think 360 owners have anything to worry about when it comes to the framerates of games...

h3ro

anddo0 said:
Off to go pickup my copy from Gamestop (Queens, NYC) :D

What part of Queens? My GameCrazy in Queens Village only had 360 versions... Did your Gamestop have PS3 versions?

calder

Just called the store on the off chance they had it early. Not only is it not in today but the guy said it comes out the 16th. :lol Not a good sign. ;)

me - " you sure it comes out the 16th? not tomorrow?"
him - "yeah, 16th for Call of Duty"
me - "don't games usually come out on tuesday though?"
him - "yeah, usually...."
me - "...."

I hate everyone who has this game already or is able to get it tonight. :|

djkimothy

I hate the fact that when a game's release day comes, it won't be in stock till the day after. :(

Why can't they stock the day before! Argh.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
djkimothy said:
I hate the fact that when a game's release day comes, it won't be in stock till the day after. :(

Why can't they stock the day before! Argh.

?

The official release date is tomorrow.

djkimothy

Goreomedy said:
?

The official release date is tomorrow.

:lol I thought it was today.

Shit, then I won't get it till Wednesday. :lol

Edit: OK wait, the OP says November 5th for US(Canada). Is that wrong?

PuMa

calder said:
Just called the store on the off chance they had it early. Not only is it not in today but the guy said it comes out the 16th. :lol Not a good sign. ;)

me - "...."

Are you in the US?

Sounds like you need a new store.

anddo0

h3ro said:
What part of Queens? My GameCrazy in Queens Village only had 360 versions... Did your Gamestop have PS3 versions?

Forest Hills, 71st and Continental... I'm getting the PS3 version.

Out the door....

Eric WK

djkimothy said:
:lol I thought it was today.

Shit, then I won't get it till Wednesday. :lol

Edit: OK wait, the OP says November 5th for US(Canada). Is that wrong?

It's a ship date, not a release date.

cmmart

I went to reserve COD4 at gamestop today. They said it would arrive today. The genius also told me that Gamestop has an exclusive agreement to release the game a day early. I rolled my eyes and said: "Awesome, dude!"

Location: Dallas, TX Ross and Greenville near Fiesta. Said it would be there no later than 3 o'clock central time.

JB1981

dark10x said:
I suppose the fear is based on CoD2. IW also stated that CoD2 on XBOX360 was 60 fps, but that wasn't quite true. Sure, the base framerate was 60, but the second anything significant started to occur the framerate would drop to 30. It was pretty distracting.

That was a launch title, however, and they've likely improved their engine quite a bit with CoD4.
framerate didn't budge in the beta. ever.

i wouldn't worry

calder said:

me - "...."

Games don't always come out on Tuesdays like Movies, cds, and books typically do. Games pretty much come out when they are ready to be shipped which is normally Tuesday through Friday unless of course it is street dated by the publisher.

Sandman42

It seems like the release date is either the 7th or 8th here in Canada. That's what most stores are telling me.

Anyone else in Canada hear of a place getting it earlier?

Sandman42 said:
It seems like the release date is either the 7th or 8th here in Canada. That's what most stores are telling me.

Nowhere in Ontario, even usual good local stores that get it early.
Tomorrow.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
If gamestop dry jacks me in St. Louis by not getting it until tomorrow I think I might just...

Dyno

Sandman42 said:

I was told tomorrow (Tuesday) when I popped in an EB Games today (Monday.)

The gamestop I went to didn't have any extra copies. I was in the store when the shipment arrived. So if there had been any extra unreserved copies, I would have been able to pick up the first one. But the guy counted the number of copies that they had received and said he didn't have any. Oh well. Walmart should have some later today.

MercuryLS

Banned
MercuryLS said:
I'm dying here too, most places get it tomorrow. Only one mom and pop store might get it today around 7:30pm.

Well that's a no go, I went to that store and the guy told me that there's a 0% chance of them getting it today ;_;

belvedere

Junior Butler
vumpler said:
If gamestop dry jacks me in St. Louis by not getting it until tomorrow I think I might just...

I'm in the STL area and it seems that unless you have a pre-order, you're being dry jacked til tomorrow.

Damn it.

Top Bottom