• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Mojovonio

Banned
oo Kosma oo said:
Dead meaning Game Over, Last Checkpoint or Beginning of the Level?

No, keep it the same way the checkpoints are laid out normally, but take the hud, crosshair and ammo indicators off.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
blindrocket said:
I just called my Gamestop, they said TOMORROW. The wait is hurting me.
Same. They told me today on Saturday but evidently now there is some sort of small delay and they aren't getting it until tomorrow.

Pallaris

Is anyone else from EU ordering the US version of CoD4? (PS3)

Is it definitely region free? I know I'm gonna import a game one of these days and find some scum bags have region coded it for no reason grr!

CoD4 is out this Friday in most parts of Europe so... most indie stores should have it by Weds. PS3 games are region free by default.

Ragnarok10

JB1981 said:
hehe, he was just explaining what the squad system was, not confirming that cod4 has it.

it doesn't support squads.
Ah, wtf? Ok another question: Can I create a party of myself and a friend or two and chat just with them? Will the game's matchmaking put my party in the same game automatically? (PS3 version)

After a few more hours into the game...im still baffled how awesome this game looks. Its a leap above Gears of war in ALOT of ways.. a noticible leap visually lol.. You now realize how much more power can be tapped out of the 360 now after looking at COD4 but it makes sense.. these consoles are so much more complex then last gen's that the learning curve was gonna take a bit longer..and it shows, because COD4 really looks like a new level of visuals on the 360.

I havent even touched the online modes yet :D

JB1981

Ragnarok10 said:
Ah, wtf? Ok another question: Can I create a party of myself and a friend or two and chat just with them? Will the game's matchmaking put my party in the same game automatically? (PS3 version)
yes and yes

Torgo

I got the Gamestop call yesterday that the game would be in later today.

PS3 version for me

-Like the controller more
-Free online play
-HDMI connection
-My 2nd 360 is still at MS because of the RRoD

PSN- Torgo

Mr.Potato Head said:
After a few more hours into the game...im still baffled how awesome this game looks. Its a leap above Gears of war in ALOT of ways.. a noticible leap visually lol..

Argh. It's sitting here on my desk and you just made the wait for tonight that much more difficult.

Along with Mass Effect, COD4 has been my most anticipated GOTY.

Ahhh, my Amazon order just went from an estimated ship date of the 9th to the 6 to the 8th. All I know is that if they have it in stock like they say they do, it had better be in my hands tomorrow, my future dealings with them is riding on this.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Mr.Potato Head said:
After a few more hours into the game...im still baffled how awesome this game looks. Its a leap above Gears of war in ALOT of ways.. a noticible leap visually lol..

Hmmm, I've got to see this for myself. The PC demo on the highest settings was nowhere NEAR as impressive as Gears. It wasn't even remotely close to the GRAW games either.

JB1981

dark10x said:
Hmmm, I've got to see this for myself. The PC demo on the highest settings was nowhere NEAR as impressive as Gears. It wasn't even remotely close to the GRAW games either.
reskinned cod 2 at 60fps with very nice hdr lighting.

i agree with you. it's in no way shape or form a leap over gears.

technically..yes its a leap over GEARS in alot of ways.. im not trying to say its way better looking but i think how the effects were used..makes COD4 look alot better then GEARS.

The combination of atmsophere, aminations, lighting, and all the other graphical touches makes me feel COD4 looks like a leap above GEARS.... again, in ALOT of ways.

its just my opinion though...

Kosma

Banned
Hey guys I don't know if it's entirely on topic but:

I have this bet going with some poster (Titikgalablablabal???) here that COD4 (PS360) will outsell SMG this month in NA. If I win he has to use my custom made avatar of humiliation for a week and vice versa.

What do you think are my chances?

Mojovonio

Banned
Mr.Potato Head said:
technically..yes its a leap over GEARS in alot of ways.. im not trying to say its way better looking but i think how the effects where used..makes COD4 look alot better then GEARS.

The combination of atmsophere, aminations, lighting, and all the other graphical touches makes me feel COD4 looks like a leap above GEARS.... again, in ALOT of ways.

If your opinion isn't the same as everyone else's, its wrong.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
belvedere said:
There's got to be a way to get this damn game tonight.
I am a bit baffled at this new delay since I got the call yesterday that this game would be in today. Anybdy hear if Gamestops are in fact getting this tomorrow now instead of today and if so, why?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
DenogginizerOS said:
I am a bit baffled at this new delay since I got the call yesterday that this game would be in today. Anybdy hear if Gamestops are in fact getting this tomorrow now instead of today and if so, why?

I'm hoping it's not a case of "say anything to get the preorder cash".

DenogginizerOS said:

Maybe it depends on said GameStop's proximity to a major airport? As reported earlier, it's available in Atlanta. I picked it up over lunch.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Mr.Potato Head said:
technically..yes its a leap over GEARS in alot of ways.. im not trying to say its way better looking but i think how the effects were used..makes COD4 look alot better then GEARS.

Having more than 8 on-screen characters at once puts it over the top alone.

dallow_bg said:
Both versions are 60FPS, and same graphically right?

If so, I'm picking up tonight!

There's been some word of the PS3 version looking a little better and some word of 360 version looking a little better, but no actual confirmation with evidence so far. Otherwise, looks like both versions look fantastic, and both do run at 60fps.

belvedere

Junior Butler
pixel monkey said:
Maybe it depends on said GameStop's proximity to a major airport? As reported earlier, it's available in Atlanta. I picked it up over lunch.

Did you have a pre-order?

oo Kosma oo said:
Hey guys I don't know if it's entirely on topic but:

I have this bet going with some poster (Titikgalablablabal???) here that COD4 (PS360) will outsell SMG this month in NA. If I win he has to use my custom made avatar of humiliation for a week and vice versa.

What do you think are my chances?

I think you lost this one.

Mojovonio

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
There's been some word of the PS3 version looking a little better and some word of 360 version looking a little better, but no actual confirmation with evidence so far. Otherwise, looks like both versions look fantastic, and both do run at 60fps.

The confirmation from one of the developers that both will look better than the other in different regards has been posted in the OP.

Mojovonio said:
The confirmation from one of the developers that both will look better than the other in different regards has been posted in the OP.

Thanks for pointing that out. Seems like the differences are something only a true fanboy would care to make a big deal about.

Called my game crazy and they have it in stock, looks like I'll be on live tonight :D

AppleMIX

Just bought it off Best Buy.com

20 dollars off a wireless head set plus Reward Zone gift cards = Call of Duty 4 60$ plus a wireless head set for 5 dollars. :D

Calen

Ragnarok10 said:
Yes, and yes.

Ack, answered before I saw that someone beat me to it.

unrelated not but...

image.php

WTF? :lol

J-Rzez

You guys might want to get to your Gamestops ASAP, or you may get screwed over... Tonights shipments were limited because managers had to pick up boxes for multiples stores in their district, they can only fit so many boxes in their cars... For example, my Gamestop is only getting 1/2 of their 360 preorders and just enough for their PS3 preorders tonight... If you want it, go get it ASAP so you don't get screwed... I'll be there at 4 o'clock to make sure I get both copies... :D

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Deputy Moonman said:
Where are the COD4 Reviews? The game is already out and i haven't seen a thing.

It actually comes out tomorrow. There's only been a few hundred copies sold early. Reviews should be going up today and tomorrow.

Eric WK said:
The game "comes out" today/tomorrow. We should see reviews tonight.

I was thinking that game sites would be able to play the game early. Doesn't the media usually get a pre-release invite to see and play the game, or am I going crazy?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I might actually not open COD4 until I finish Mass Effect, and that could take me another week yet! :lol

So by the time you all play Mass Effect, I'll be playing COD4 -- with no perks :(

Can't wait for this game though.

Best year of gaming ever? Yeah. Pretty much.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Deputy Moonman said:
I was thinking that game sites would be able to play the game early. Doesn't the media usually get a pre-release invite to see and play the game, or am I going crazy?

They played the game weeks ago. Just like how stores have "street dates" they are supposed to abide by so that everyone has the same chance to sell the game, reviewers are usually bouned by "embargos" so that no one site/magazine can reel in more viewers by having it up earlier. Once the embargo lifts you'll be seeing them all come flooding in.

J-Rzez

h3ro said:
Your getting a copy for both PS3 and 360? Any reason?

I have friend's that only have one machine or the other :( ... Usually I can justify picking one or the other based on how many are getting it for each, but it's actually EVEN on both sides who's getting it, and the game's MP is SO AWESOME, it's more than justified to me... Easily the best FPS MP action on consoles this year...

DKo5 said:
It actually comes out tomorrow. There's only been a few hundred copies sold early. Reviews should be going up today and tomorrow.

A bit of failure to go around on this one.

Reviews should always be up at least one hour before I want to read them. Not one site checked with me beforehand, and he we are, no reviews.

methos1975 said:
Whats with Amazon? They have it listed in stock, but my order says it will not be shipped till the 9th.

Amazon's shipment dates are always nuts. Recently they've also been doing this thing where it's in stock but not ready to ship (you can see this by turning on 1-click ordering, or by noting the absence of the "order within the next XX hours and get it tomorrow" option). There's still a decent chance it will ship today.

Top Bottom