• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

tanod

when is my burrito
HomerSimpson-Man said:
My bad, I should clarify, the X360 version uses advance nipple shaders to normal map soldier's detailed hairs around the nipples while IW borked the PS3 version with a simple low resolution tit hair texture map.

It's all very complex but fascinating technical talk.
:lol

So we're looking at bulltits or titshots. Which one will it be?

No_Style

Agent Icebeezy said:
The fine people at B3D will tell us soon enough, for both version

Eyes on this thread.

I was debating which version to get, but I have put my faith in IW's work weeks ago and placed an order for the PS3 version. Now I'm just seeing how my decision pans out.

MonkeyLicker

Art does not make 60FPS @ 1080i with real world physics on the PSf*ckin2.
Phoenix said:
That's the only place they matter.
7119a.jpg

Now we're talkin!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
~Devil Trigger~ said:
intense combat does'nt even begin to describ this game so far

wow

and solid AI as usual
More detailed description of environment without spoilers please. I need to be spoonfed since my store was a douche and did not get the game today.

Holy Fucking Crap! spoilers:
When the A-Bomb goes off and Jackson wakes up and you fucking crawl out of the helicopter and then limp your way toward ground zero. I think my mouth was hanging open when you keel over.

And why is this game not giving me my achievements? I am playing on Veteran and I knifed more than 3 guys in a row without using any other weapon but no achievement. I also carried that helicopter pilot to safety, but still no achievement. WTF?

Nizz

skip said:
play through on normal first! don't let frustration cloud your enjoyment!

This is exactly how I play my shooters. I play through on Normal, then I move up to the next difficulty. I don't have to prove anything to anybody. :D Nice review by the way, great write up.

fps fanatic said:
This is exactly how I play my shooters. I play through on Normal, then I move up to the next difficulty. I don't have to prove anything to anybody. :D Nice review by the way, great write up.

Pusssssyyy

me too

Ashhong

That's what I usually do too, but in this case, I might have to start on Veteran. I don't want to go through the SP campaign in only 6 hours or so. Veteran should increase that by a good couple hours.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm too burnt out on first person shooters to play cod4 just now, but my frothing demand for a screenshot fight increases

Jirotrom

Im playing the game on hard ...
and I'm pinned down with mcmillan and lI swear what feels like 1000 enemies come after me and i have to defend against them.
any pointers?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
LiquidMetal14 said:
More detailed description of environment without spoilers please. I need to be spoonfed since my store was a douche and did not get the game today.
mostly guerrila warfare in Mideast, village outdoors in Russia so far. Combat goes from semi sneeking missions to ALL OUT<---CAP BOLD WAR

skip

Jirotrom said:
and I'm pinned down with mcmillan and lI swear what feels like 1000 enemies come after me and i have to defend against them.
any pointers?

is this the
sniper retreat at the ferris wheel, awaiting extraction
level?

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Vyse The Legend said:
I'm convinced that the last level is unbeatable by anyone but the IW playtesters.

Heh, its Veteran dude ;D

Funny story about that level/Veteran:

The Veteran time was originally 90 seconds. Once it was fully implemented some Activision testers sent a bug to the designers saying, more or less, "This is impossible. Please increase time given for Veteran". 24 hours later the bug was sent back with the new build with the bug notes, "Someone was able to achieve victory in less than 60 seconds, Veteran time adjusted to 60 seconds."

>:D

Jirotrom

skip said:
is this the
sniper retreat at the ferris wheel, awaiting extraction
level?
yes... I've been playing it for 3 hours... cant beat it. I've pretty much given up for the night, none of the levels before this were even near this difficulty.

skip

Jirotrom said:
yes... I've been playing it for 3 hours... cant beat it.

snipe as many of the heli-drop soldiers as you can as they're rapelling down, then retreat to the area behind the bumper car arena. draw them to you and try to contiain the battle there as much as you can. use grenades as soon as you get them and always stay in motion.

it's the most ridiculous battle of the campaign.

DKo5 said:
Heh, its Veteran dude ;D

Funny story about that level/Veteran:

The Veteran time was originally 90 seconds. Once it was fully implemented some Activision testers sent a bug to the designers saying, more or less, "This is impossible. Please increase time given for Veteran". 24 hours later the bug was sent back with the new build with the bug notes, "Someone was able to achieve victory in less than 60 seconds, Veteran time adjusted to 60 seconds."

>:D

Wait. So, I was actually right? It's only beatable by like one person in the world?

skip said:

Not even close. Try your hand at the epilogue on Veteran, then you'll see.

Jirotrom

skip said:
snipe as many of the heli-drop soldiers as you can as they're rapelling down, then retreat to the area behind the bumper car arena. draw them to you and try to contiain the battle there as much as you can. use grenades as soon as you get them and always stay in motion.

thanks man... i'll give it a go tomorrow. I swear I'm ridiculously sick with the sniper rifle now that I might as well change my class for online games.

skip

Jirotrom said:
thanks man... i'll give it a go tomorrow. I swear I'm ridiculously sick with the sniper rifle now that I might as well change my class for online games.

also be aware that even when the evac chopper comes in, the enemies are still there and you have to go retrieve mcmillan and get him to the chopper without getting clipped, so you can't fully relax until you're on board and the cut-scene kicks in.

I should have taken a picture of the boxes and debris in my desk area while I was trying to get past that part. RAGE.

Jirotrom

skip said:
also be aware that even when the evac chopper comes in, the enemies are still there and you have to go retrieve mcmillan and get him to the chopper without getting clipped, so you can't fully relax until you're on board and the cut-scene kicks in.

I should have taken a picture of the boxes and debris in my desk area while I was trying to get past that part. RAGE.
damnit... i was hoping that wasnt the case. Rage indeed.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ho ly shit

the story mode is like a great book

I had to stop

after the cut scene after the nuke goes off

I said WOW

i'm also kinda pissed that I didn't get the VICK achievement
(killing the dogs)

I haven't touched multiplayer yet.

Rayme

Concept17 said:
Headsets are over-rated in games like CoD. I don't need some moron yelling or just randomly talking to someone else while I play. Besides that, this game isn't terribly team-based. (it is to an extent of course, but not enough to use headsets unless you're having yourself a clan match or what not)
A little communication goes a long way. It doesn't matter as much in TDM, but even there, calling out positions or coordinating flanking maneuvers... it makes a difference. In the Objective games, it's night and day. =)

Vyse The Legend said:
To someone who has finished the game on Normal or Hardened:

Is
the extra post-credits mission available for you too?
I beat the game on Veteran, and I wondering if it's a special or not. It's nigh impossible.
Read DKo5's comment above. But yeah,
all difficulties unlock that level. Some tips for Veteran difficulty on that part: Flashbangs. Flashbangs are key. And don't reload; grab weapons off the ground. And maybe try finishing it on Normal/Hardened first, so you can at least start playing with Arcade Mode and the Cheats in-between attempts at beating it on Veteran difficulty. =)

Iron_Scimitar said:
Got past the TV station. I said, "Fuck this...im a goddamn Marine!" I used up all my flashbangs so i got the advantage around the smaller rooms and used the shotty that I picked up.
*hugs*

Jirotrom said:
any pointers?
Prayer.
I recommend prayer.
But really; What Skip said, and/or planting claymores near your defensive position (instead of far away like I used to always do) helps a lot.

Jirotrom

I beat it a little after skip gave me the info... was a great tip by the way. I thought I was going to throw my controller through my screen:lol .

amar212

Got it yesterday.

Didn't even start SP, headed to MP in the first second.

Great job done on maps, absolutely awsome. Dodn't really care for pwnage I got from some crazy players there, this is far the best MP I've played in FPS genre ever. Balance, balance, balance... So great. Can't wait my working day to end so I can continue.

Also, one small detail I want to congratulate on - new stell doors on Crash map on auto-repair shop near stairs.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Me and Fallen were birthed from a demon. We were born under a pact.

We ravage souls.

Wow.

Jirotrom

SnakeXs said:
Me and Fallen were birthed from a demon. We were born under a pact.

We ravage souls.

Wow.
wth are you talking about... anywho I don't think the knife achievement is working. I've done it about 4 times with no achievement, my bud did to.

SnakeXs

Jirotrom said:
wth are you talking about... anywho I don't think the knife achievement is working. I've done it about 4 times with no achievement, my bud did to.

We are raping bitches. It's unreal. Destruction on levels I have not seen in ages.

SnakeXs

Wario64 said:
So is Treyarch still gonna do the odd numbered CoD's after this game?

Regardless, IW won't, so I'm set to "ignore, total" mode.

Enjoying CoD4's awesomeness while I'm at it.

SnakeXs said:
We are raping bitches. It's unreal. Destruction on levels I have not seen in ages.

Were you on earlier? Do you have GAF at the front of your handle? I swore I was in a room with you earlier on Live..Seek and Destroy I think..

See

Wario64 said:
I know, but I thought I read somewhere a year or two ago that even numbers would go to IW and odd numbers would go to Treyarch
If that is true, there isn't really anything to worry about (considering the reception of COD4 matches with COD2), I'm guessing it would be mostly the same game, with slightly better graphics and a shorter single player experience. Then IW would go do "Future Warfare" with Mechs and lightsabers!.

... so in other words, odd numbers are just expansion packs.

I donno, it's late and I need some sleep

SnakeXs

Ned Flanders said:
Were you on earlier? Do you have GAF at the front of your handle? I swore I was in a room with you earlier on Live..Seek and Destroy I think..

Yeah, [GAF]SnakeXsMT.

Was doing ok earlier. A few great matches, a lot of regular. But right now, and especially when I posted, me and Fallen (Vyse) were doing things that shouldn't be allowed to be done.

:lol

LukeSmith

skip said:

I thought they [IW/PR] told you that they fixed it?

SnakeXs

You know what the crazy part of CoD4's awesomeness is?

The fact that, at least I, am coming off not only the beta, which wowed plenty, and let me know what to expect, but also right off of TF2 (and to a lesser degree, H3), which is another insanely awesome MP experience. These things have dulled CoD4's impact, yet it's still buttfuck awesome.

Kudos, IW. Kudos.

Double Tap and the AK74 4tmfw.

:D

DrXym

Agent Icebeezy said:
The fine people at B3D will tell us soon enough, for both version

My guess is the 1080i/1080p version on the PS3 will make use of a hardware scaler modes to stretch the pixels horizontally even if it's truly 1080 lines vertically. Someone in Beyond3D is bound to find out soon enough.

Top Bottom