• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Darkpen

Banned
so guys, which is the definitive version? PS3 for 2 more people in multiplayer, or the 360 version, for better nipple hair mapping? Oh, so we're waiting on some group of people to tell us? D:

Also, thoughts on that CoD4 DS game? D:

mrklaw

MrArseFace
is this worth buying just for single player? I won't play multiplayer as I don't have time and can't play regularly to get online with friends.

I like CoD2 and appreciate this is mostly a scripted duck shoot (thanks JB1981) but is it a *fun* scripted duck shoot?

Or is it more a rental title for single player only? play through once and never go back?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
mrklaw said:
is this worth buying just for single player? I won't play multiplayer as I don't have time and can't play regularly to get online with friends.

I like CoD2 and appreciate this is mostly a scripted duck shoot (thanks JB1981) but is it a *fun* scripted duck shoot?

Or is it more a rental title for single player only? play through once and never go back?

Yes.

Totally yes.

It's a fun, intense, good scripted duck shoot, with TONS of awesome, and a large grab bag of omfg wtf =o moments and scenarios.

LiquidMetal14 said:
You WILL NOT feel like you compromised buying either version. This has been echoed by the devs themselves. Trust me when I say that both are a work of art.

oh STFU.

When you have both consoles you want to be informed about the differences between the 2 versions not matter how minute they are.

People said the same shit about the DArkness and the differences turned out be huge IMO.

what is wrong with being informed?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Kabuki Waq said:
oh STFU.

When you have both consoles you want to be informed about the differences between the 2 versions not matter how minute they are.

People said the same shit about the DArkness and the differences turned out be huge IMO.

what is wrong with being informed?

agree. Sometimes these 'both are the same' posters are more annoying than 'mine is better than yours'.

Whats so great about them both being the same? We're congratulating lack of ambition now?

I'd like to know even if the differences are small. I have a PS3 and a 360. If the sound is much better on eg the PS3 I'd consider that one as I have a nice setup for HDMI PCM. If the rumble adds to the experience in a meaningful way then maybe I'd choose the 360 one.

I don't want to have an arbitrary choice - surely there are some things in each version that eventually would sway me one way or the other. I don't mind which way, but saying 'both are the same' sounds like a cop-out to me.

llTll

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
I've been a sleep so I'm a bit behind.

Have we found out what was that "special something" PS3 users were gonna get?

yes. less details on the hairs around the nipples

Geoff9920

Il Comodino said:
a question?

where cod4 is better? on Ps3 or 360?

It's true that ps3 has dedicated online server?
The differences between the two versions are negligible and no the PS3 version does not have dedicated servers.

Did anyone else notice some mistakes in the IGN video review?

-In reference to one of the vehicle missions, the reviewer says that it is eerie because your pilot will say stuff like: "Boom.....blew that one up". That seems more for a comedic effect than for eeriness, but I could be wrong.

-In reference to the campaign length and the replay value with arcade mode, the reviewer says "Even though it is relatively short, you're probably going to play through it at least once". Well no shit, the same could be said for every game out there. Now, if the reviewer was trying to say that the campaign has high replay value because of arcade mode, he should have said that most people will probably play through this multiple times.

-The reviewer talks up the "sabotage" game type, but completely glazes over the fact that it is almost exactly like one-bomb on Halo (at lease from the reviewer's descriptions of sabotage).

-In reference to the "deep penetration" perk, the reviewer states that it makes your bullets travel through walls faster. I might just be nitpicking, but I thought that it increased your ability to shoot through walls and increased the damage that those bullets deal out. To me, his description of "makes your bullets go through walls faster" doesn't really make any sense.

I might just be splitting hairs, but I though that this video review was very amateurish for a major gaming site like IGN.

FirewalkR

Eric WK said:
Sites should do like a three question quiz based on the review in order to see the score.

I subscribe to that :D

Oh and...

Kestastrophe said:
30kdlza.jpg

What the hell? :lol

Edit: nvm, searched for redsox dance on youtube

Lince

Banned
mrklaw said:
agree. Sometimes these 'both are the same' posters are more annoying than 'mine is better than yours'.

Whats so great about them both being the same? We're congratulating lack of ambition now?

I'd like to know even if the differences are small. I have a PS3 and a 360. If the sound is much better on eg the PS3 I'd consider that one as I have a nice setup for HDMI PCM. If the rumble adds to the experience in a meaningful way then maybe I'd choose the 360 one.

I don't want to have an arbitrary choice - surely there are some things in each version that eventually would sway me one way or the other. I don't mind which way, but saying 'both are the same' sounds like a cop-out to me.

IAWTP

I'm not believing the "both versions are the same" mantra anymore after the Darkness and GRAW 2 PS3 fiascos. I want to know the best bet to put my money without having to buy the two versions myself, that's all. Thanks God there're still GAF members who understand this.

JB1981

Lince said:
IAWTP

I'm not believing the "both versions are the same" mantra anymore after the Darkness and GRAW 2 PS3 fiascos. I want to know the best bet to put my money without having to buy the two versions myself, that's all. Thanks God there're still GAF members who understand this.
then buy the 360 version.

h3ro

Lince said:
IAWTP

sounds like you already made your choice... go get the version in the green case...

I've been reading along pretty regularly, so if this has been discussed, sorry. But have people had any lag online? Which version [I have both consoles, so I'm thinking about which one I should buy]?

I'm feeling pretty burned by my Team Fortress 2 experience--five consecutive lag-outs after the patch--so I want to get some more feedback before jumping in this time.

def sim

I'm assuming the netcode will be fairly the same, what with both being on P2P anyway.

Really depends on how often you run into great or awful hosts.

Kestastrophe said:
-In reference to one of the vehicle missions, the reviewer says that it is eerie because your pilot will say stuff like: "Boom.....blew that one up". That seems more for a comedic effect than for eeriness, but I could be wrong.

Probably meant eerie as in "eerily realistic", a lot of the publicly released guncam footage has that kind of commentary from the pilots. A combination of adrenaline and morbid humour that is needed to do that kind of job.

Francias Castiglione said:
Probably meant eerie as in "eerily realistic", a lot of the publicly released guncam footage has that kind of commentary from the pilots. A combination of adrenaline and morbid humour that is needed to do that kind of job.

See Full Metal Jacket. That scene with the heli gunner isn't meant to be funny; it's meant to be revealing.

yeah....I watched the video review and I too found the "guncam footage" to be more eerie and unsettling than well....fun looking =/

.....I see shit like that often being in the military and dunno....just not into it

mrklaw

MrArseFace
tempted by the PS3 version due to symmetrical sticks. Tempted by the 360 version as it doesn't have slippery nipples and the triggers are better and it has rumble. Tempted by the PS3 version just to give it some love.

fuck it, i'll get whichever is cheaper, or whichever I see first on the way through the shop door.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I'm buying it for the 360. I would never ever ever buy this game for the PS3.

cause I don't have one yet!!

f@luS

More than a member.
just picked up the 2 version (ps3 & 360 of course, not PC !)
So far, it looks so close, i may just prefer the overall look of the PS3 one, but i have different settings on my tv for both systems so it may be the reason....anyway looks as close as possible.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Lince said:
IAWTP

Only on gaf can "fiasco" be used to describe less AA in The Darkness's case and "enhanced environmental effects" in GRAW 2's case on PS3.

Say what you will about The Darkness, but there were no major problems in GRAW 2, at all. A few reviews even mentioned improved framerate and environmental effects.

f@luS said:
So far, it looks so close, i may just prefer the overall look of the PS3 one, but i have different settings on my tv for both systems so it may be the reason....anyway looks as close as possible.
THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Maybe I should have bolded the whole post, eh? :p

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
rance said:
So, I hear there are some problems with digital 5.1 surround sound.

What exactly are they?

According to the GameTrailers review, they believe the mix is in 6.1 and if you don't have a rear center channel, you'll lose some of the audio designed for that channel.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
f@luS said:

Hey f@lus, what's your gamertag?

def sim

urk said:
According to the GameTrailers review, they believe the mix is in 6.1 and if you don't have a rear center channel, you'll lose some of the audio designed for that channel.

Hmm

Is it significant or just some minor loss? Might switch to Pro Logic 2 if necessary.

f@luS

More than a member.
Borys said:
Nobody is posting any pics :( :( :(
I will , later today (back to work right now, just had my one hour break !)

Shogmaster said:
THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Maybe I should have bolded the whole post, eh? :p

Is that so unbelievable that the 2 games are looking that close?

Lince

Banned
belvedere said:
there were no major problems in GRAW 2, at all. A few reviews even mentioned improved framerate and environmental effects.

that's wrong on both accounts, after renting and playing through the PS3 version of GRAW 2 I can honestly say the framerate in Campaign mode was much, much worse than the 360 ver (specially in the later levels) and it lacked some effects, I didn't touch the MP though.

back on topic:

f@luS said:

what about framerate? thanks

Top Bottom