• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Mojovonio said:
So about the complaint that you're more watching the game play than interact with it, does anyone else feel the same way?

No, not at all. While the game is very cinematic, you're much more in control than you are in any Metal Gear game for example. It's not remotely an issue of walk ten feet, cutscene, take 3 more steps, cutscene, kill a guy, preachy cutscene about killing said guy, like any MGS game.

Not bashing the Metal Gear Solid series (I love the games), but COD4 is not even remotely like that. It's all under your control all the time.

The opening credits are a great example. Brilliantly done Infinity Ward.

Oh, God, I want this game so much. But I promised myself no more games until I finish the off-line stuff from the Orange Box and go back and play the last level of NG Sigma.

GRRR.

tha_con

Banned
pixel monkey said:
No, not at all. While the game is very cinematic, you're much more in control than you are in any Metal Gear game for example. It's not remotely an issue of walk ten feet, cutscene, take 3 more steps, cutscene, kill a guy, preachy cutscene about killing said guy, like any MGS game.

Not bashing the Metal Gear Solid series (I love the games), but COD4 is not even remotely like that. It's all under your control all the time.

The opening credits are a great example. Brilliantly done Infinity Ward.

Yea....this is a gross exaggeration of MGS games.

tha_con said:
Yea....this is a gross exaggeration of MGS games.

I don't want to sidetrack this thread with prolonged discussion on another series, but I cited the MGS games as an example because "watching instead of playing" is often a complaint.

That being said, I'm there Day 1 for MGS4. :D

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
rance said:
So, I hear there are some problems with digital 5.1 surround sound.

What exactly are they?

I saw that on the GameTrailers review and I'm pretty puzzled at it myself. Its got 7.1 support on PS3, but it wasn't "mixed for 6.1". It sounds just fine without issue in stereo, downmixed 4.1, 5.1, or 6.1/7.1 on PS3. In fact, our sound guys only had 5.1 in their studios for most of the project!

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
RavenFox said:
Sony Bravia kicks back to 720p when the game starts on my friends set. Its a native 1080p set by the way.

Thats odd. We've got a 46" Bravia XBR4 in the office, and its got both a 360 + PS3 hooked up (HDMI on both) and they'll both spit out 1080p. Maybe set your XMB to just 1080p?

RavenFox

Banned
Ragnarok10 said:
How's the voice chat quality on the PS3 version? Resistance like (good) or Warhawk like (robotronic)?
Voice quality is great. Heard some guys bitching last night as to why Ace combat is on 360 while fragging LOL

DKo5 said:
Thats odd. We've got a 46" Bravia XBR4 in the office, and its got both a 360 + PS3 hooked up (HDMI on both) and they'll both spit out 1080p. Maybe set your XMB to just 1080p?
Hmm worth a try. Thanks.

Dai Kaiju

Well I went in to pay off my pre order in full last night and much to my surprise, the Gamestop in my area already had it in and was selling it. It's absolutely incredible. The campaign...there are no words. I didn't think i'd be saying this, but...amazing as Halo 3 is, Bungie has been dethroned as the king of console FPS. Fuck Mario, fuck Master Chief, and fuck Nariko (lolz). The hero of the year is a marine named Paul Jackson, and he's muliplatform.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Someone is saying Circuit City has a glitch that knocks off $30 from the COD4 price, making the game $30 for both COD4 and COD3. wtf.

RavenFox

Banned
Dai Kaiju said:
Well I went in to pay off my pre order in full last night and much to my surprise, the Gamestop in my area already had it in and was selling it. It's absolutely incredible. The campaign...there are no words. I didn't think i'd be saying this, but...amazing as Halo 3 is, Bungie has been dethroned as the king of console FPS. Fuck Mario, fuck Master Chief, and fuck Nariko (lolz). The hero of the year is a marine named Paul Jackson, and he's muliplatform.

SOAP for you mister

Wario64 said:
It's on CAG. And someone just posted a very shitty pic of his receipt. Holy crap I would go right now but I'm in the west coast.
So it's only happening on the east coast? Fuck I was just at Circuit City yesterday but it wasn't in!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
InterMoniker said:
So it's only happening on the east coast? Fuck I was just at Circuit City yesterday but it wasn't in!

Well it isn't opened in the west coast, so I hope this glitch is still live in the next hour...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Well, I pick up COD4 in a few minutes and guess what?

off.jpg

Single player, here I come!

Insaniac

Okay, couple questions:

Whats the non-online multiplayer situation? Does it not support split screen co-op or system link?

Does xboxlive support guests?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Synless said:
how do you do it? I'm on the east coast and I want this.

Apparently it just deducts $30 when both games are rung. But someone else bought it too and didnt get the discount, so I dont know.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wollan said:
PSN is down? When is the last time that happened (if ever)? 2.00 coming?

Everything is down...after I watched some Ratatouille on BD and went back to the XMB it said "All Playstation Network Services have been Suspended. Please try again later."

I thought I was banned or something. :lol

edit: kinda back up now.

off.jpg

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
ok, so here's a question for you guys.

I have a PS3. I have a 360. I don't have any friends who are picking this up. I am not interested in the collector's version. I like both controllers. Which one do I buy?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
borghe said:

I have a PS3. I have a 360. I don't have any friends who are picking this up. I am not interested in the collector's version. I like both controllers. Which one do I buy?

Fuck it, get a Wii.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
borghe said:

PS3. Blu-Ray coating prevents scratches and feels way cooler than a standard DVD.

Mojovonio

Banned
borghe said:

Flip a coin.

borghe said:

But when you find that out how are you going to know what to wear to the store?

borghe said:

Whichever's cheaper.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
borghe said:

It depends if you like kicking people when they're down or if you like to help people during times of crisis.

You hate the Bills and like to see them suffer = Buy the 360 version.

You think it's totally awesome that Detroit has the Pistons, Lions, and renewed investment in its downtown core = Buy the PS3 version.

Grecco

borghe said:

The Power of Achievments compells you

beerbelly

Banned
If you have Xbox Live and have it subscribed for a while you might as well use it. If you only have a month left on your Live subscription you should get the PS3 version since i'm sure you'll be leveling up in multiplayer for months.

M_A_C

So I have the 360 version, and I'm wondering if there are a lot of low-res textures (ground, walls, everything except for player models) or am I just spoiled my playing so much Orange Box on the PC?

Hammer

Wario64 said:
Well it isn't opened in the west coast, so I hope this glitch is still live in the next hour...

When I attempted to pick up cod4/cod3 at Circuit City yesterday, I was informed that they would not honor the deal before 2pm (contrary to the online ad, yet printed on the in-store one.) This was from a West Coast retailer as well. So.. you may want to call first to save yourself two trips. Please post your findings on the 30% off "glitch," this is the first I have heard of it!

I'll be heading over after work, if there are any left. If not, Circuit City damn well better give me a rain check.

Mojovonio

Banned
M_A_C said:
So I have the 360 version, and I'm wondering if there are a lot of low-res textures (ground, walls, everything except for player models) or am I just spoiled my playing so much Orange Box on the PC?

no, that's the limitations of the 360 at work.

Top Bottom