• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

purg3

slept with Malkin
So if you have this preordered though GS can I pick it up today for the 24 hour early access?

HelloMeow

So basically the game is really frantic, you cant camp, and exo suits give you a big advantage. This didn't kill my hype. Except for the lag compensation stuff, that sucks, but was expected.

Yeah. If you play it like cod, it will probably be quite frustrating. The stuff you can pull off with the exo suit is amazing and the maps are totally designed for it. There certainly are lanes, but they're just a lot wider and include rooftops and walls. You need to look at it from another perspective.

It's a lot like Titanfall in that regard.

Shady859

The game isnt officially released, the matchmaking will be struggling to find players in the same region, lag will be awful.

There are no dedicated servers on any platform (yet?)

PS4
Dom and TDM are pretty much no wait for matches. Kill confirmed took forever but I finally got it going and stayed filled even with people leaving last night. The other modes were unplayable but I never last longer than 4-5 minutes waiting before backing out.

Netcode was spot on, ping bars are back and rooms were sometimes mixed but I have yet to have much noticable lag. I'm east coast with 30mbps internet FWIW

EDIT:
So if you have this preordered though GS can I pick it up today for the 24 hour early access?

24 hours early release thing is what makes it monday 12:01am

Alienous

Any non-spoilery single player impressions?

I haven't played it, so take from my observations what you want, but I watched an entire playthrough. It's a typical COD campaign with all the usual trimmings. From what I saw there are 4-5 areas of 'Crysis 2' like mini-sandbox gameplay that looked cool, but overall it looked comparable to the COD campaigns we've gotten post MW2. Extremely typical.

Im a noob at shooters but one thing stands out immediately from watching the streams.

You need to work on your movement in a way you just cant in any other shooter, even titanfall.

In some ways this looks like a FPS vanquish, without the slowdown mechanic. I feel that people are going to hate this game at first but once it clicks, its going to feel amazing.

Im a noob at shooters but one thing stands out immediately from watching the streams.

You need to work on your movement in a way you just cant in any other shooter, even titanfall.

In some ways this looks like a FPS vanquish, without the slowdown mechanic. I feel that people are going to hate this game at first but once it clicks, its going to feel amazing.

Youve just described Crysis 2/3.

RamBoleyn

Banned
The fact that good players are struggling somewhat might be an indication that the EXO stuff really does change things up a bit..

TomShoe

Banned
No next-gen upgrade for physical copies, rats.

1310121676_angry_wrestler.gif

Crysis 2 & 3, Titanfall and AW seem to have speed and verticality in common, which is great.

Agreed, Crysis multiplayer especially is amazing once you get a hang of the manuverability aspects. I've been expecting a hybrid of that and COD...if it really is like that I will be extremely satisfied.

Daffy Duck

Just an update from earlier guys. Honeymoon phase ended around level 25.

The game is frantic as fk. Nowhere is safe. Enjoyed it at 1st, but ends up being exhausting/frustrating. Streaks are ineffective and end up taking a long ass time to acquire (feels a lot like Ghosts). I enjoy powerful streaks, but if you like Ghosts you'll probably like this.

The pump action shotgun is awful. I don't see why Shotguns can't just be decent weapons in these games. Triple burst rifles are impossible when your jump boosting everywhere. Good luck managing that on controller. Explosives are also less effective when people can dash/double jump everywhere. Netcode seemed okay at first, until it's totally against you...like usual in past few CODs (MW3 and BO2 especially). Either in your favor, or totally not.

After spending a few hours, I was really impressed at first, but then found the game just difficult to play. There's no real choke points as anyone can jump boost through anything at any time. There's around a 1 sec cooldown to the boost itself, so guys are constantly dashing everywhere. Be ready to up your sensitivity a couple notches if you're a default player like myself. Most matches are generally low kill amounts, and getting over a 1 KD is doing pretty damn good in this game(could also be a TDM thing).

I'll keep playing to see if it gets better. You'll all probably have mixed opinions when you play it. This makes me realize how I'd prefer COD to go back to formula, but instead focus on fun instead of hard balance. BO2 did this great, except for the awful netcode which is why I stopped playing.

I'd wait to judge it until the general population has it, far to early to judge it yet.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I haven't played it, so take from my observations what you want, but I watched an entire playthrough. It's a typical COD campaign with all the usual trimmings. From what I saw there are 4-5 areas of 'Crysis 2' like mini-sandbox gameplay that looked cool, but overall it looked comparable to the COD campaigns we've gotten post MW2. Extremely typical.

Very good. Blops level of good imo. Could actually rival COD4 but won't know until I finish it.

Thank you, that sounds great actually. I loved Blops.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
FUCK.

Spent a good 2 days downloading on Xbox One. Gives me an 88mb update and what does it do? Deletes the whole fucking game.

J4g3r

Just had my last "Only in Battlefield 4" moment for quite a while, the next FPS I'll play will be this.

Here's hoping Royal Mail get here early tomorrow morning, got the day off and have made sure all my work is done.

No distractions, LET'S DO THIS.

purg3

slept with Malkin
watching the streamerhouse stream, and this game looks frantic as fuck. More so than any COD. Definitely going to be a bit of a learning curve after playing so much Destiny the past 2 months. And the TTK, lol this game is going to be frustrating I feel until I learn the maps and get good with using the exo...Still excited to get it tonight though.

One other thing that pumps me about this game is that I can choose more perks over score streaks. I personally don't find score streaks fun at all, so adding more shit to my abilities instead is a huge draw for me. Perk 1-3 greed, yes please!

Cru

FUCK.

Spent a good 2 days downloading on Xbox One. Gives me an 88mb update and what does it do? Deletes the whole fucking game.

Did you try going into your storage and clicking install again. I thought the same thing a while ago but doing this made it show up.

Jarrod38

watching the streamerhouse stream, and this game looks frantic as fuck. More so than any COD. Definitely going to be a bit of a learning curve after playing so much Destiny the past 2 months. And the TTK, lol this game is going to be frustrating I feel until I learn the maps and get good with using the exo...Still excited to get it tonight though.

Watching as well and that system hack thing is awesome.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So for you guys playing on PS4 would you say AW is a good graphical showcase for non gaming people? Kinda want to get this after i get my PS4 just to show it off to my family.

Corpsepyre

Banned
This will be my first CoD after BLOPS 1.

Please, tell me it's worth it. I don't play MP, but am hoping the SP entertains me throughout as CoD4's did.

Top Bottom