• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Thanati

I have both
Believe it or not, ps4 version is a lot less laggy than the x1 version

I want to throw my controller through a window when playing on x1, it hurts my eyes to see the game run like it's chugging along at 30 for or something (at times not all the time, but it pissess me off)

I have the Xbox one version and have never encountered frame drops.

Eric WK

Quick question while I head out for some Sunday shopping:

Would you guys recommend this for someone who, from a multiplayer perspective:

-Loved COD4, MW2, Black Ops
-Liked Black Ops 2
-Disliked MW3
-Did not play Ghosts

?

Doing the Diamond challenge for the RW1. The slide kills is going to be the toughest part. But I got the Xeno which makes the weapon a one shot kill at all ranges to chest and head.

-Liked Black Ops 2
-Disliked MW3
-Did not play Ghosts

?

I loved Blops 1 and 2 and hated Ghosts. I think this game is really good and I would recommend it. Sure there are some kinks to iron out but my experience so far has been mostly positive.

-Liked Black Ops 2
-Disliked MW3
-Did not play Ghosts

?

Yes sir I would recommend it, Played the living daylights out of MW2, Black Ops I, Black Ops II and MW3. Ghosts was a terribad game SP and MP, both were horrid. Advanced Warfare's MP can be very enjoyable if you get good connections!

-Liked Black Ops 2
-Disliked MW3
-Did not play Ghosts

?

Me and you are almost almost the same except for I prefer WaW over MW2, and I didn't play BO2. And, I'am enjoying the hell out of AW.
So Yes to your question.

BokehKing

Banned
I have the Xbox one version and have never encountered frame drops.

are you sure....maybe it's not frame drops...maybe it's just really horrendous lag then, either way, it plays smoother for me on my ps4, I don't feel like i'm trecking through mud on the ps4

Those akimbo SMG's are taking over (for PC at least).
The past few days, half of every lobby I've run into is using them, and rightly so to be honest... They're a bit too good.

Are they running them with gung-ho? That's the only way I could see them being viable.

Yeah looks that way, it does make them a lot better - that and a laser sight.

They really aren't that good at all. They're just the only actually fun to use gun.

I've been using them myself and oh boy, they're the best close range weapon easily.

Also, the fact that you're so fast with them means you can get up in the enemies face and there's not much they can do about it.

Ambient80

Multiplayer is not as hectic as BO2, but random as hell. The only weapon worth a shit is the BAL and enemies simply won't die sometimes.

Getting shot in the back costantly, but thats nothing new in the cod universe.

Right now, I seriously cannot decide if I'll push onwords till I eventually git gud in the MP or if I just spend my precious time with something more "productive".

Important plus for me would be if sledgehammer could align the action on screen more with what you see in the killcam.

HBRa3 would like a word. It's an excellent weapon.

wrongway

HBRa3 would like a word. It's an excellent weapon.

DOLkl7P.gif

HBro's the best, Bal users are chumps.

Ambient80

DOLkl7P.gif

HBro's the best, Bal users are chumps.

It's almost not fair. I run full stealth and have foregrip and a red dot with my suppressor. It's also an Elite version that allows even better handling.

My other favorite is the MP11. Good for run and gun with a laser sight. I also like the starting shotgun but only on certain maps. More than ever I feel like maps are very weapon specific. Few maps can use shotguns effectively, just like the SMG is more useful certain maps.

aravuus

I've been using them myself and oh boy, they're the best close range weapon easily.

Also, the fact that you're so fast with them means you can get up in the enemies face and there's not much they can do about it.

Sure, if you surprise them from behind a corner you'll almost always end up the winner of the fight. But that's about it. See someone over 8 to 10 meters away? If they're using Bal or AK12, which most people are, you're dead.

I'm not trying to disregard your opinion, but all the SMGs in this game are far from "too good". I know because I've used Sac3's (laser sights + faster fire rate for maximum stopping power) for I think almost 10 gameplay hours cause they're the only way I actually enjoy the game at the moment. They are incredible at specific situations and like you said, in close range, but otherwise just mediocre. Like with every gun, you sometimes do really good with them, sometimes really bad.

I'm liking the IMR myself.

Shotguns are ridiculously useless at any range.

Yeah I think this is the first shooter I've played where shotguns are really underpowered. Usually people complain about them being op but in this they may as well be shooting pillows at you for all the good they do.

Ambient80

I'm liking the IMR myself.

Shotguns are ridiculously useless at any range.

People keep saying that but any time I use shotguns I go positive on my KDR (well, except Momentum, but that's the game type lol). They're not as game breaking as BO2, but they're not THAT bad.

FafaFooey

My PS4 just installed a patch before I was allowed to play online and I don't wanna get everybody's hopes up, but I just played 5 amazing matches without any lag whatsoever.

4 bars throughout the entire game.

My PS4 just installed a patch before I was allowed to play online and I don't wanna get everybody's hopes up, but I just played 5 amazing matches without any lag whatsoever.

4 bars throughout the entire game.

The game has been really good since the most recent patch. 4 bars through the whole match and no cheap deaths. Spawns need some work, but when I lost it was because the other team was legit better.

kuYuri

Found this on Reddit. Has anyone else experienced or noticed this? This would be annoying as hell for snipers to have misaligned scopes. Apparently this is for the default scope and does not affect the thermal or variable zoom.

If so, this needs to be patched ASAP. Almost game breaking for Sniper Rifles and people who are just starting to use them.

I haven't seen misaligned sights like this since Modern Warfare 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKq2DvhLKcU

I just had about an hour of shit connections (PS4) playing kill confirmed, kept on getting booted back to the menu.

Then followed up with a pretty near perfect game. Every hit registered, it was magical.

When it's good, it's sooo good.

My go-to is now the BAL with recoil reduction and quick sighting and threat scope. I don't use a sidearm or any killstreaks, just 3 primary attachments and 5 perks.

So any of you guys enjoy the "classic" game modes, without the exo movement? Or is exo movement game modes the way to go

I tried classic but once you are used to having a jetpack in specific maps it is sort of tedious to walk around everything. My favorite modes are domination and search and destroy. I like the multi a lot more now that I stopped playing death match and learned the maps.

Putting this up for sale tomorrow. I tried the update, I can at least reload properly now instead of wasting two thirds of my magazine's ammo, but the game is just boring and plain stupid.

Also, the more I play, the more I dislike the exo-movement mechanics. I was really looking forward to seeing a game changer in the series, so when this was first talked about I was very open about the idea. I wanted it to be good and to effectively change how COD is played. This so-called "innovation", though, is definitely for the worse. In my opinion, it doesn't work as it should. It's not properly integrated and balanced. I complained in a previous post of mine about how short-sighted it was to limit this supposed core game mechanic by making every exo movement appear on the radar; I also complained about how the series' extremely low time to kill hindered the capabilities of exo movement. But those are not even the main problems.

The problem is how stupid and awkward these new movements make confrontations now. Chances are, if you stumble upon an enemy from the front, he will jump. The end result is a moment of awkward confusion where your target suddenly leaves your sights and is way up in the air, and you can never quite tell where exactly. It's not like things are any different for your opponent either. Even though he decided to make the move, you also left his line of sight, and though he will try to reacquire you as a target, he will have just as difficult a time doing so. This is only aggravated by several other factors. First, this is a series that is mostly played on consoles. Console FPSs are just not as good at precise and fast aiming, that's a fact of life. Secondly, the control scheme is garbage. This is a game where a lot of the time you are supposed to be jumping, aiming and shooting at the same time, yet the only available control schemes force you to take the finger off the aiming stick each and every time that you want to make a jump. For a game that makes of jumping such a core game mechanic, this is downright idiotic.

I know this comparison has been made a million times before, but Titanfall really is the perfect example of how COD with more freedom of movement should be. Jumping is more fluid, controllable and offers more possibilities, gameplay-wise. The maps in Titanfall are quite big, as opposed to AW's tiny, close quarters-focused maps, confrontations tend to happen from further away, and the jumping mechanics are not so sudden, or so quick; this all contributes to creating less situations of the annoying kind I described above in AW. All in all, Titanfall is an FPS whose core gameplay was made with complete awareness of the advantages and disadvantages of what it means to be a console FPS, just as Goldeneye, Halo and COD4 before. Ironically, even though AW comes from a series that has, for a long time, made of consoles its main staying place, as a console shooter it really just doesn't work as well.

There's no bumper jumper? What the F. After Titanfall and Destiny, i can't go back to A button jumping.

Thanks for the heads up.

This game must have been focus tested by 12 year old kids who just drank twelve bottles of dew. It's all jump jump jump, sprint, spray and pray without aiming, automatic shotguns, and camping.

I was smart enough to not buy Ghosts but they fooled me with AW. I won't be coming back to this series until there's some major overhauls.

system11

Enjoying classic although the maps feel a bit too large in places. Probably unfamiliarity. Haven't tried core, the stories of leaping 12 year olds in exoskeletons is the stuff of nightmares.

Joyful

dunno why i ignored hardcore playlists until recently, they are fun
even the bad guns are viable like the burst pistol in hc

dont get why hardcore tdm has respawn timers when the other 3 dont though

kaskade

I'm kinda bummed it feels like every gun besides some of the assault rifles feel worthless. I like the variety of playing different classes but don't want to feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage.

HelloMeow

Playing a couple of rounds of MW2 before playing AW is a real eye opener.

I don't understand how anyone could take this game seriously, in the sense that the game you're playing is even remotely legitimate or fair.

SMZC

There's no bumper jumper? What the F. After Titanfall and Destiny, i can't go back to A button jumping.

Thanks for the heads up.

That's correct. Really short-sighted of Sledgehammer, for sure.

Also, I know there have been complaints about this before, but I really hate the extreme to which this game makes use of the L3 button. Let's face it, L3 and R3 are awkward buttons to press, and having to resort to them so many times gets annoying really fast.

Playing a couple of rounds of MW2 before playing AW is a real eye opener.

I don't understand how anyone could take this game seriously, in the sense that the game you're playing is even remotely legitimate or fair.

I've read this twice, and I honestly still don't know which game you're referring to. Those words could just as easily apply to either of them.

Top Bottom