• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

I don't see why people are getting upset at the time change for the PS4 unlock at midnight. It is where it is supposed to be. Before it would unlock at 11pm EST, 8pm PST. A full hour before the actual release date. That would not have been fair to everyone who bought the game physically. You can wait another hour.

Wait, what? It is not unlocking at 9PM PST any more tonight?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Wtf are you saying ?
I don't have the game yet, it's going to be hard to "play it myself". But thanks for the lesson, professor gaf, even if you did not answer my question.

Maybe I thought more about 'you actually playing' instead of watching someone else play. You deserve the same about of viewers. I'm not a cod god, but I can appreciate my own level of play.

Bergerac

Was just about to ask about them :( Anyone else chime in at all on shotguns?

The first is the energy shotgun and being that it's pump action it really should do a lot more damage. Point blank will wreck someone yes but like they gimped the SPAS 12 after MW2, a pump should have more damage and range because of the firerate penalty and unfortunately they don't get it.

The second unlocks fairly early too, it's the fully auto. I believe a clip holds 10 rounds and there have been times where a full clip is needed at a scale of 6-7ft.

The third is the Bulldog which I never used in BO2. I'm guessing it's semi auto.

Yeah it looks like a patch fixed the timer to now coincide with the time change EST. Before it showed it would start at 11PM EST because daylight savings time or whatever. Now it's back to 12AM EST.

B1e8zN6IYAAb3I_.jpg

Hawk269

So I bought the game on Xbox One (boxed) about two hours ago. Half an hour to 40 minutes later, I started installing.

It's now 2:30am in the morning in the UK and it's taking it's time, currently at 18 percent. Any other Xbox One owners experiencing this as well?

That sounds odd. So how much time has elapsed since you started to install? Also, did it download the patch?

DSix

Banned
It seems the game can't load past "synchronizing profile" one loading out of two... this is VERY aggravating when I'm playing with friends and when I'm enjoying it so much.

Bergerac

It really does need emphasising how bizarre the radar is though. You're no longer central and you're the same colour arrow as teammates. This can lead to not knowing which you are when flanked in a group. I've no idea WTF they were thinking.

Lemondish

Unlocking 9 PM PST and 12 AM EST. It was going to unlock at 11 PM, but they finally accounted for Daylight Savings Time on PSN.

EST accounts for daylight savings by definition...That's why we use Eastern Standard Time and Eastern Daylight Time as shorthand.

"Subscribe: $4.99" wut?

Also I see a timer for the 2XP. Does that mean the 2XP that comes with the DayZero edition is an actual 24 hours of 2XP regardless of when you actually start playing? Is it like Killzone Mercenary where the 2XP is in actual gameplay time hours and not tied to an external clock?

thefit

I need this! How?!

Survival mode you have to reach up to level 10 at which point zombie raid shows up beat it and you unlock zombie soldier

Edit: BTW it wasn't a torrent link its a link to a privateinternetaccess.com on how to configure torrent client for vpn.

Hawk269

1): Just over an hour. It's currently at 24%.
2): Nope. Not as far as I know.

Before it installs the game from disk, it checks for a patch and if there is one, it downloads that first, then it begins the install. Do you have a fast internet connection? It could be that it took a while to download the patch. I have never had a game take more than 30-40min to install from disk (yeah, Xbox One game installs are pathetically slow), so it could be the patch if your download speed is slow.

I am getting the disk version myself in a few hours. I am not the biggest COD player, but I like the Single Player games and will play a bit of MP, but not too much. Most of my games I get digital unless it is a title that I am unsure of, which leaves me the option for trade-in.

Red Comet

Got the PS4 Day Zero edition now to decide whether to play multi or single player first while it installs.

I always play the first campaign mission first to learn the new mechanics. I'm surprised more people don't do that instead of jumping into multiplayer.

woen

Survival mode you have to reach up to level 10 at which point zombie raid shows up beat it and you unlock zombie soldier

Edit: BTW it wasn't a torrent link its a link to a privateinternetaccess.com on how to configure torrent client for vpn.

Everyone is going to play Survival now! That zombie is badass as hell.

Japarican

Banned

Also I see a timer for the 2XP. Does that mean the 2XP that comes with the DayZero edition is an actual 24 hours of 2XP regardless of when you actually start playing? Is it like Killzone Mercenary where the 2XP is in actual gameplay time hours and not tied to an external clock?

It's for day zero entirely, and I think it's to convince people to buy doritos/dew if they are thirsty for more bonus.

You may have earned 2X xp boost from opening a supply thing. It's a temporary boost, not related to the day zero bonus.

Omni

I kinda want to buy this game

First CoD since MW2. Which is crazy. But I don't know. I'm really on the fence about it

p3tran

Banned
MP has a map in one of my fav vacation places! [Greece, probably Cyclades Islands]

aq2Los5.jpg

g2qQs7M.jpg

<3

yeah, I wrote earlier about this. so cool 8)

so, the map is called TERRACE
and the island is Santorini (Thyra)
weird that they did not choose the full sunset time

Jarrod38

Yep that is a big thing among the Twitch people.

Top Bottom