• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

LowParry

Is this game any better than the rest or is it just the same shit with a double jump? Because I've been watching streams today and that's what it looks like.

Hardly. In fact, the game reminds me of Unreal Tourny for some reason. Not as fast but the way I can move and shoot gives me that vibe. The game doesn't play like previous COD games at all.

alterno69

Banned
First COD I'm going to pass on, ever. I can already tell from the streams that the lack of bottlnecks and people jumping everywhere is just going to piss me off. Ugh. Guess I'll pick up another game instead.
Hard to see bottlenecks on the first hours on the first day when people don't even know the maps. I have been playing since friday and i have already spoted some nice spots and have been in some small skirmishes, i don't remember that ever hapenning ni 90% of the maps in Ghosts.

alterno69

Banned
Hardly. In fact, the game reminds me of Unreal Tourny for some reason. Not as fast but the way I can move and shoot gives me that vibe. The game doesn't play like previous COD games at all.
Yes, the maps also feel more like arenas which i like.

Edit: all the patches so far have been around 100mb

Azriell

First COD I'm going to pass on, ever. I can already tell from the streams that the lack of bottlnecks and people jumping everywhere is just going to piss me off. Ugh. Guess I'll pick up another game instead.

This is the only thing that had me worried. Pretty much all of my favorite CoD moments occur at bottlenecks when it's like 3v3 or more, everyone battling for control of that one little area.

Karak

Ha. You too? I actually put that in my review.
I think it is also because of the vast gameplay types a couple of which seem like they mimic the Unreal Tourny Assault levels that were so blindingly fun to me.

Jarrod38

So how long till XB1 version unlocks?

t1414990800z4.png

janoDX

Loved BO2, hated ghosts and I just borrowed it from a friend, and since AW is going a little into the BO2 way... I'm back into the COD craze.

alterno69

Banned
Ha. You too? I actually put that in my review.
I think it is also because of the vast gameplay types a couple of which seem like they mimic the Unreal Tourny Assault levels that were so blindingly fun to me.
I feel the same way but the gunplay is classic COD imo. The movement is totally fresh tho.

JON4495

Its strange that I can name a class 'Assault' but it isn't letting me name a class 'Assault2'. It says its prohibited due to profanity.

LowParry

Yes, the maps also feel more like arenas which i like.

Edit: all the patches so far have been around 100mb

Yes. The maps are so much better. A huge step up from Ghosts which is really exciting. I understand people being on the fence about the game. Being a new COD. But this one brings something new to the game. I haven't ran into any respawn death moments either. The game deserves a chance.

alterno69

Banned
Yes. The maps are so much better. A huge step up from Ghosts which is really exciting. I understand people being on the fence about the game. Being a new COD. But this one brings something new to the game. I haven't ran into any respawn death moments either. The game deserves a chance.
Yes, no respawns kills either at level 30. I mean it probably will still happen but no to the level of Ghosts. The game does tend to respawn you close to your killer if i judge by the amount of payback medals i've got but i'm ok with that.

JayEH

Wait so zombies is only for season pass holders? Wtf if true. Should have known the day would come when good ole Booby would start taking modes away from the game. Is there a co-op mode at all in the game besides zombies?

alterno69

Banned
Wait so zombies is only for season pass holders? Wtf if true. Should have known the day would come when good ole Booby would start taking modes away from the game. Is there a co-op mode at all in the game besides zombies?
There is Horde mode yes.

woen

Yes there is a co-op mode which means they didn't take out the zombie or the co-op to add it to the season pass. And we don't know what it contains yet.

On Demand

Banned

Apparently it's an add on to the co op mode. Not a full zombie game like Treyarch does.

Tamanon

Banned
Ran by GameStop at 3PM today to ask when the launch was happening... there was already someone in line.

Seems dumb. My gamestop just had me come by earlier today and get a group number. That way people can just come at 1150 or so and line up by group number instead of waiting the whole time.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I almost fall asleep watching a SP stream. There is no music and all he does is shooting his way through corridor after corridor.

Meh :/

The streamer is about to explode from excitement.

2014-11-0302_53_47-dspqujl.png

Yoday

I expected them to add an hour to the clock. We had the daylight savings switch over this morning, and the original time didn't take that into account.

Hawk269

Any Xbox One impressions as of yet? Just concerned about screen tearing and frame rate. From what I read before, I know it is 900p.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Top Bottom