• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Garuda

Neo Member
Nice connection to Kevin Spacey's show OP.

Adding onto the hype train... Advanced Warfare is like the first Modern Warfare for this generation.

A refreshing look on first person shooters and new ideas for the Call of Duty franchise. I'm looking forward to how it plays soon.

From TB's twitter page:

dEpuAJI.jpg

Afro

Yeah, for the people will super slow disc install time on xbone, delete everything and restart installation, but choose "update LATER".

this fixed it for me. fast as hell now.

In what ways are the movement more complex in this game than Titanfall?

TF has wallrunning/hang and double jump.

AW has double jump, boosting in all directions in mid air, boosting laterally and back on the ground, jump short forward boosting, ground slamming from jump. There are ways to chain these moves and also utilize the environment to combine into MUCH more complex movement. It's really night and day. (Maybe if you put the dashing from the titans on the pilots and allowed them to do it in the air as well as a diff jump forward boost and ground slam they'd be the same ;P)

Almost forgot... there is the new slide boost as well where you can cover a lot of ground very quickly.

That said i love me some TF! Havent played in a while but looking forward to TF2.

I don't know if this has been talked about but how is the time to live in this game compared to other CoDs? It seemed way too low for the maps in Ghosts.

FaintDeftone

I caved in and picked up the PS4 version. Luckily the Day Zero edition is super easy to buy at just about any department store right now.

Can't play until later tonight, though. Excited!

For those who played the single player, how does it compare to previous COD games? I doubt it's better than COD4 and BO2 but does it beat out BO1 and MW2?

And what about the multiplayer, particularly the maps? Is it really a big enough jump that I won't feel that I'm playing the same thing? How do the maps compare to previous COD games? I heard Survival Mode was disappointing, which is very believable.

For me it's better than BO1 and BO2. It's up there with MW2, but not better than MW1. The maps range from pretty good to holy shit (that prison map, hnnnng).

So I bought the Digital Deluxe edition for $99 from PSN months ago. Had it all downloaded. Played for about 3 hours last night. And this morning I get on and find the countdown clock saying it can be played tomorrow. Now I find out others have been having this problem and the only solution is to redownload the entire game!

I am beyond pissed right now.

So I bought the Digital Deluxe edition for $99 from PSN months ago. Had it all downloaded. Played for about 3 hours last night. And this morning I get on and find the countdown clock saying it can be played tomorrow. Now I find out others have been having this problem and the only solution is to redownload the entire game!

I am beyond pissed right now.

That really sucks, both PSN and XBL are having issues with people needing to re download the game. Digital future isn't here yet.

Wollveren

Banned
I don't even know why, but I just got COD: AW + season pass + THE CONTROLLER. I promised I would stick to TF but it looked so cool :(

From what I hear, the PS3 version is an absolute ghost town.

Does anyone in the thread have the PS3 version? Is that true?

I wouldn't be surprised. Anecdotal, but I didn't see anyone with a PS3 version at my Gamestop. It's also only #25 on Amazon on the day of release which isn't close to the other versions so yeah.

Edit: Of course its CoD though so there should be a decent userbase. It's just the smallest one, which anyone would of predicted anyway.

Hm im definitely having more fun than with this game then i had with ghost after the first couple of hours playing. Infection has always been fun in any COD but in AW its crazy fun with all the boosting and stuff everything is so fast paced unlike ghost and instead of camping to stay alive i can just run and boost everywhere.

Krakn3Dfx

From what I hear, the PS3 version is an absolute ghost town.

Does anyone in the thread have the PS3 version? Is that true?

Couple of guys on IRC playing the PS3 version are saying there's not really an issue with player counts, so dunno. They also said the PS3 version looks great and runs smooth.

Both of them are waiting for the PS4 upgrade version to unlock tho, lol.

I'm pretty tempted to snag the PS3 version digitally for the free PS4 upgrade. Have 3 PS3s in the house and only 1 PS4, so it would be cool to have both versions.

maneil99

Couple of guys on IRC playing the PS3 version are saying there's not really an issue with player counts, so dunno. They also said the PS3 version looks great and runs smooth.

Both of them are waiting for the PS4 upgrade version to unlock tho, lol.

I'm pretty tempted to snag the PS3 version digitally for the free PS4 upgrade. Have 3 PS3s in the house and only 1 PS4, so it would be cool to have both versions.

Picking up the PS4 edition gives you the PS3 version free aswell

what determines when you get a supply drop?

Luck, its random

Lgndryhr

How is this compared to MW 2? I haven't played or bought a CoD since MW 2. I think I tried BLOPS 2 MP briefly for like an hour, but not long enough to judge.

BokehKing

Banned
what determines when you get a supply drop?

everytime I have gotten a supply drop has been when I went to shoot a grenade through a door, missing, the grenade bouncing off the door and blowing up in my face

once I die, it says supply drop

what's cool about supply drops is
I got a weapon earlier, a super slow firing LMG that I just couldn't get any kills with, so I broke it down for 1,000 xp instead

BigShow36

Luck, its random

Is there any way to see the supply drops? I received 2 during the course of playing Campaign, but I never went to an "unlock" screen or anything like that. I did have 2 new items when I started MP, so maybe thats it? I originally thought that after you got a supply drop, it showed you what was inside it right away.

BokehKing

Banned
Is there any way to see the supply drops? I received 2 during the course of playing Campaign, but I never went to an "unlock" screen or anything like that. I did have 2 new items when I started MP, so maybe thats it? I originally thought that after you got a supply drop, it showed you what was inside it right away.

that is exactly what it is
be careful though some loot can expire

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I skipped the last two CoD games but I think I'm getting back onboard with this one. Just looks like way too much fun and Destiny was a complete bust for me as far as multiplayer goes.

Hip Hop

So what are the early favorites? I've been using the ASM1 and ARX a lot (talking assault/SMG mainly).

Only thing I've been using is the AK12. The damage and recoil on it are great.

I've used nothing else since the unlock system is really shitty. You have to do a hole bunch of challenges that put you at a disadvantage to unlock crucial attachments that I've got for my AK12 already. Probably won't use nothing else until I get comfortable with the game.

Facism

you can get a PS4 + CoD: AW day Zero edition instore at tescos today for £349. Giving the game away, for those interested.

Top Bottom