• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Respawn

Banned
Bal really seems like the best weapon so far. Gonna give the AK and HBRa a try too though.

Also I fucking love that you can customize any scorestreak with "support". Adds quite a lot to the points needed, but at least I now actually get UAV and Care Package at least once or twice every match.

e: also more people need to use uav. been a couple of matches now where i feel like i'm the only one who uses it.
Goof luck getting players to run support.

Does anyone know how you earn supply drops? The ones you get gear and weapons in post match?

Does it happen randomly or after a certain amount of games played or?

Tenumi

Banned
Gah... getting so close to breaking down and picking the game up tommorow. Liked Black Ops 1 and 2, couldn't get in to Ghosts. AW appears to be hitting the right buttons as far as customization and quality.

Guys I'm kinda hyped but don't wanna get burned like I did with Ghosts. Problem is after a while no one played on PC. How does it look like right now? How many are playing right now?

Moofers

So can somebody break down the game modes that are in this? I didn't know Zombies was even going to be in there, but then I was crushed when I read its apparently only for people who buy the season pass. That'll cut down the player base right there.

I'm a big fan of co-op and campaign, so that's the biggest draw for me with these games every year. So far the only co-op I'm aware of is the Survival mode. Is there anything more?

Bizazedo

It felt the same to me. Like exactly the same.

This is faster than Titanfall. Almost too fast, to be honest, in terms of vaulting up when your guy grabs a ledge and hauls himself up. You barely see the animation it's so fast.

You can't, at least early levels, boost as far as in TF, but it seems like you can do it much faster*.

*This ignores possible future upgrades.

I think Destiny messed me up, though, I keep missing people by dragging the crosshair to the right of the target. Just barely, but enough to not kill.

RedAssedApe

Banned
some weird design decisions. i find it difficult to eyeball where i am on the minimap...theres a slight red outline to your character but you're still blue like the rest of your teammates. why?

also...already pointed out...the chat bubbles in the middle of the screen...wtf are they thinking?

realcZk

This is faster than Titanfall. Almost too fast, to be honest, in terms of vaulting up when your guy grabs a ledge and hauls himself up. You barely see the animation it's so fast.

You can't, at least early levels, boost as far as in TF, but it seems like you can do it much faster*.

*This ignores possible future upgrades.

I think Destiny messed me up, though, I keep missing people by dragging the crosshair to the right of the target. Just barely, but enough to not kill.

Yeah, whats up with that? Feels like when you ADS in this game, in the part where your gun is going from hip->ADS the sensitivity is increased or something, making me overshoot one direction if I turn the stick while starting to ADS.

Smokey

some weird design decisions. i find it difficult to eyeball where i am on the minimap...theres a slight red outline to your character but you're still blue like the rest of your teammates. why?

also...already pointed out...the chat bubbles in the middle of the screen...wtf are they thinking?

Ok so I'm not the only one who finds the mini map disorienting. I cant out my finger on WHY but it felt weird.

Smokey

I know ps4 is the "definitive" edition but after so many psn issues while playing Destiny I'm leaning towards XB1 despite the resolution... Anyone playing on XB1 comment on the experience / how it plays?

I did this. Got ghosts on PS4, but got really tired of PSN and the thumbstick issue on the controller.

Went X1 for XBL and controller. No regrets. Plays great.

Kolgar

I'm not too much into COD, but since they introduced jetpacks and other futuristic devices, is there a detailed description of how it compares to Titanfall ?

This is COD with jetpacks and futuristic gizmos. You have a story mode with Kevin Spacey, but still no suitable replacement for last year's Riley. Cut scenes look gorgeous, but I expected the actual play to look better.

Look, I'm a pretty casual COD player despite buying every one, but for the Titanfall experience, there is only Titanfall.

aravuus

Does anyone know how you earn supply drops? The ones you get gear and weapons in post match?

Does it happen randomly or after a certain amount of games played or?

No idea what it's supposed to mean, but I've gotten 5 and all of them when I died. Not after a particularly good period of not dying either I believe, just.. Respawn, kill someone, get shot in the pack and ding, supply drop.

Loot expires?

Some does yeah. Weird design decision.

If I buy the X1 version, do I get the 360 free or is it only the other way around?
It is just one way unfortunately, otherwise I would have gone xb1. Someone else please correct me if I am wrong.
This will be the first COD game I will be getting on a Sony platform and it feels weird.

-griffy-

Banned
Damn, just bought this via the PS webstore, and went to download it to my PS4 and my device is full! Time to upgrade that HDD to 2TB...

FunkMiller

My K/D is fucking horrible, I'm getting lag and a bad ping most games, despite being on 70mb fibre optic... And yet I'm enjoying the shit out of this game so far. Guess it must be good!

This is COD with jetpacks and futuristic gizmos. You have a story mode with Kevin Spacey, but still no suitable replacement for last year's Riley. Cut scenes look gorgeous, but I expected the actual play to look better.

Look, I'm a pretty casual COD player despite buying every one, but for the Titanfall experience, there is only Titanfall.

Even the pilot only mode in TF was broken with the map size.

AW is a lot different than TF. Only major similarity i see is the double jump. TF is just double jump and wall run/hang. AW has a much more complex movement system.

For the Advanced Warfare experience, there is only Advanced Warfare.

;P

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Think I'm going to pick this up tomorrow. Haven't played a CoD in a long time and I have some trades to make. Impressed with what I've seen and heard so far.

RS4-

In what ways are the movement more complex in this game than Titanfall?

The only thing AW has is the uhh, stomp I guess you can call it and boost slide. TF also has wall jumping.

So yeah, I'm with you, I don't see what AW has in terms of being more complex than TF.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ok so I'm not the only one who finds the mini map disorienting. I cant out my finger on WHY but it felt weird.

they just need to make you a different color like previous cods. not sure why they did this. i think the red outline only shows up when you're getting shot at too...

Just used 5 tesco club card vouchers on tesco direct I didn't even know I had and grabbed this for 9 quid. Hyped! Haven't played COD properly since MW2

EL CUCO

Who's bright idea was it to have the chat, right in the middle of the screen?!

That'll get me to mute everyone, for sure.

Nimby

Banned

Pretty dumb. Also, what happened to the "mute all" button in BO2? How is that not a desirable option in this game anymore?

ACE 1991

Man, I'm really considering picking this up on PS4. Is it full 1080p60 on this platform? Also, is there any kind of consolidation of a list of PS4 GAF players?

Vidpixel

Exactly. Everything else seems pretty logically thought out from a presentation and layout perspective, but the chat stuff being absolutely huge and right in the center of the screen is absolutely silly. It even cuts into the medal emblems and whatnot if the person's name is long enough.

Apt101

The bike mission was great, but it was extremely hard to see where I was going on the final stretch, running into debris a few times

I forgot how fun these CoD games can be, having not played one since MW 2. When the shit's about to go down music starts I know it's going to get crazy.

Top Bottom