• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

zonezeus

Game is fun until you get into a lobby with a bad connection, then the same old COD comes back to haunt you.

10 years later, billions of dollars made, and they still can't give us dedicated servers, I really don't get it. They want $100 from the enthusiasts for the complete package but I'm still playing on this dumb p2p connections that cause my grenades to come out a full second after I had hit it, bullets not connecting ect ect.....its ridiculous

when the game is running smooth though, forget it, it's the greatest game ever

sounds like my description of the last 5 COD games

So true. On the positive side AW seems to be at least a couple of notches better than BO2 in that regard, which was IMO the worst offender in the series when it comes to ridiculous lag compensation.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Haven't touched the MP yet, wasted my x2 XP bonus :p... but loving the Campaign.

Well acted, has character and there are some great moments.
Looking forward to some MP soon.... hot dang.

EL CUCO

Can't wait to get my hands on this, after work. Time to take a little break from Destiny.
PZjAnS3.jpg

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I have no idea what it is, but I seem to either do horribly or really well every match. No ~1.00 kdr ever, it's always either like 1 - 11 or 13 - 2

I'm like this in FPS MP... just when I think I'm all pro and shit, BOOM! I get hit with a 2-15 or something similar :p

That's when the swearing starts.. lol.

ManCannon

I know ps4 is the "definitive" edition but after so many psn issues while playing Destiny I'm leaning towards XB1 despite the resolution... Anyone playing on XB1 comment on the experience / how it plays?

purg3

slept with Malkin
I know ps4 is the "definitive" edition but after so many psn issues while playing Destiny I'm leaning towards XB1 despite the resolution... Anyone playing on XB1 comment on the experience / how it plays?

plays great on Xbox one, no issues here.

U2NUMB

No issues for me... MUCH better performance than Ghost.. no frame drops in MP and looks great.

I was having this problem on the ps4 version, worked fine the first couple games I played today, joined up with some Gaf'ers...worked fine but then started to go down hill, if I'm connecting to people outside of the US is that the cause of the problem?

I ALWAYS have network issues when our group (US) ends up with someone from outside the US on our team (very rare unless you have an international friend you've invited). For competitive play i keep it in country only. Hell, our clan even does region specific... NE US groups etc.

j-wood

I swore I wasn't getting this.

And now I'm thinking about it. But to be honest guys, the same thing happened with Ghosts last year. First week was roses. Everyone was saying the maps are great, best COD in forever, etc, etc. Then it all fell apart. I was burned badly by Ghosts, the game itself, and everyone saying it was awesome on this board.

Downloaded the CoD AW app from the Play store.

Had a bit of trouble getting past the terms page but it's a decent app. I found the PS4 Gaf clan by searching for it within the app. I've applied for it so I'll wait to be accepted.

The emblem editor is really smooth and easy to use. Placing shapes is easy as is resizing. You can drag and drop layers within the layer list if you messed up. Seems like a winner.

squadr0n

Anyone have luck picking this up from Gamestop today without a preorder? Will I be able to just walk in and pick this up or will I have to wait?

Alx

I'm not too much into COD, but since they introduced jetpacks and other futuristic devices, is there a detailed description of how it compares to Titanfall ?

cdunson

Neo Member
Having a ton of fun playing this. Played for a couple hours this morning before work and I can already say its ten times better than the shitshow ghosts was. Love learning the new mechanics and nuances of this game. Really gives it a fresh feeling. Not digging the scorestreaks and a small selection of maps tho.

Game is OK. Did the first mission and then a few hours of MP. So many hints of Titanfall including "ATLAS". It's definitely a step up from Ghosts aka 1 bullet deaths. Probably more enjoyable on ps4 but my cousins have only xb1 so I had to settle for that.

I swore I wasn't getting this.

And now I'm thinking about it. But to be honest guys, the same thing happened with Ghosts last year. First week was roses. Everyone was saying the maps are great, best COD in forever, etc, etc. Then it all fell apart. I was burned badly by Ghosts, the game itself, and everyone saying it was awesome on this board.

Same here.

I have to ask myself what "void" this game will fill in my life. MCC will fill my competitive nature void. Sunset will be fun to run around and do crazy shit. Destiny is my MMO/Loot Game void.

If I want corny unbalanced multiplayer I can just play Destiny's.

I dont think I'll like this game for the same reason I didn't like Titanfall. I just dont' play these games "fast and loose." I camp. All damn day in every call of duty. Sit in the corner and try to get killstreaks.

realcZk

Same here.

I have to ask myself what "void" this game will fill in my life. MCC will fill my competitive nature void. Sunset will be fun to run around and do crazy shit. Destiny is my MMO/Loot Game void.

If I want corny unbalanced multiplayer I can just play Destiny's.

I dont think I'll like this game for the same reason I didn't like Titanfall. I just dont' play these games "fast and loose." I camp. All damn day in every call of duty. Sit in the corner and try to get killstreaks.

it will fill the void left by destiny after you play all of destiny's content for the week on tuesday

it will fill the void left by destiny after you play all of destiny's content for the week on tuesday

I've toned down my playtime. So it actually took me until saturday to run Nightfalls, Weekly Heroics, Raid with all 3 of my characters.

But I see what you are saying.

Joco

Liking the multiplayer so far. I especially love the futuristic weapons and setting.

That being said, I keep thinking I hope Treyarch returns to World War II next year. They'll probably do Black Ops 3 but all three studios are making games too similar in setting.

JLeack

Banned

Smooth as hell. I think it's run on dedicated servers.

Liking the multiplayer so far. I especially love the futuristic weapons and setting.

That being said, I keep thinking I hope Treyarch returns to World War II next year. They'll probably do Black Ops 3 but all three studios are making games too similar in setting.

Yeah, I'd personally LOVE WWII CoD again.

aravuus

Bal really seems like the best weapon so far. Gonna give the AK and HBRa a try too though.

Also I fucking love that you can customize any scorestreak with "support". Adds quite a lot to the points needed, but at least I now actually get UAV and Care Package at least once or twice every match.

e: also more people need to use uav. been a couple of matches now where i feel like i'm the only one who uses it.

Top Bottom