• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

purg3

slept with Malkin
Has anyone seen the AW-branded Mountain Dew with codes in stores yet?

(Yes, this is a serious question. Yes, I am a sucker.)

Most of the gas stations in my area have had it for a while now.

Nice, just got a pretty cool looking Elite helmet from a supply drop

Has anyone else's connection been terrible while playing? I have a 50 Mbps wired connection and it's fine on every other game. Other than that I'm really enjoying it.

BokehKing

Banned
Only thing I've been using is the AK12. The damage and recoil on it are great.

I've used nothing else since the unlock system is really shitty. You have to do a hole bunch of challenges that put you at a disadvantage to unlock crucial attachments that I've got for my AK12 already. Probably won't use nothing else until I get comfortable with the game.

huh? I unlocked a bunch of stuff by just casually playing the game and not even focusing on challenges, just play the game, things will unlock.

Has anyone seen the AW-branded Mountain Dew with codes in stores yet?

(Yes, this is a serious question. Yes, I am a sucker.)

My area has had them for a while now. The Doritos part of the promotion seems a bit hit or miss because most of the stores still have the bags wit some Hunger Games promno that they were doing so finding bags with codes on them for CoD can be a bit annoying.

Has anyone picked up their day 0 edition today? (Non midnight opening)

I picked mine up from Best Buy this morning on my way to work.

How long are Day Zero editions expected to last? BBY website is full of them.

When I went in to pick up my preorder, my Best Buy had a display in the front of the store full of Day Zero editions. If I had to guess they had at least 75 copies per platform on display.

b0bbyJ03

What's up everyone, if there is anyone looking to play private matches just for fun (no worrying about KD/R, children, cheating, or camping) send me a pm with your PSN info. I have a group of personal friends, all in their 30s, ranging from decent FPS skills to pretty good. We can get competitive but we mostly play just to have a good time and will always balance the teams for the best possible matches.

Also as a heads up, most of us work full time jobs so we'll mostly be playing evenings and weekends

Hip Hop

huh? I unlocked a bunch of stuff by just casually playing the game and not even focusing on challenges, just play the game, things will unlock.

I'm at a disadvantage without Dual Mags attachment and I'm not waiting to get 20 head shots for another gun. I'll do it eventually, but not now.

Wish they had a fast reload perk instead of making it an attachment again.

You know what... I have a Day Zero Edition for Xbox One and Xbox 360, I have a PC code coming soon, I have an Atlas Pro Edition for PS4...

Why not just trade in some games and pick up a PS3 copy just to top off the collection?

TTUVAPOR

Banned
What's up everyone, if there is anyone looking to play private matches just for fun (no worrying about KD/R, children, cheating, or camping) send me a pm with your PSN info. I have a group of personal friends, all in their 30s, ranging from decent FPS skills to pretty good. We can get competitive but we mostly play just to have a good time and will always balance the teams for the best possible matches.

Also as a heads up, most of us work full time jobs so we'll mostly be playing evenings and weekends

Sounds awesome, just wish you guys were on Xbox one

Subject16

Nb1tfV2.jpg

Squishy3

I like how Troy Baker voices the protagonist but as soon you start controlling the character he becomes a silent protagonist.

are the day zero guns any good? haven't redeemed my code yet

From what I could see they are just exclusive reskinned versions of weapons already there. I didn't see any stat differences on them. I could be wrong and if I am I'm sure someone will quickly correct me.

I've been having so much fun with the multiplayer that I haven't even touched the campaign yet. I traditionally would play some campaign before I went to multiplayer but not this time around even though the campaign looks pretty good.

FaintDeftone

I forgot I added this game to my Gamefly queue. Went out and bought the game today, Gamfly sends me a copy the same day. Already opened it prior to them shipping. I should have paid attention to my Gamefly account. Le sigh.

I like how Troy Baker voices the protagonist but as soon you start controlling the character he becomes a silent protagonist.

It's a legacy quirk that's been present in all CoD... Wish they'd just throw it out and have the player character interact more often, or hell, let the player choose what to say. It's just weird and jarring these days when someone is constantly yelling for your attention and there's no way to respond but to do the action like a deaf-mute.

Squishy3

It's a legacy quirk that's been present in all CoD... Wish they'd just throw it out and have the player character interact more often, or hell, let the player choose what to say. It's just weird and jarring these days when someone is constantly yelling for your attention and there's no way to respond but to do the action like a deaf-mute.
You'd just think they'd have finally changed it considering they've started giving player characters voices in cutscenes.

We gotta have that small smattering of Kevin Spacey that probably costs 5x as much per line as the people who have constant dialogue throughout the game, though.

Dammit GAF, I haven't bought a COD game day 1 since Black Ops and I swore that would be the last time. Now I've just finished placing a store pickup order for the PC version at Best Buy.

I enjoyed Black Ops 2 for the bit that I played it, but World at War is the last one I actually enjoyed a lot. MW2 I hate-played, though I dropped a fuckton of time into it because of friends. This game looks refreshing.

So is there a GAF clan or something for the PC version?

aravuus

The other attachments maybe, but getting even 10 headshots for the imo most important attachment, the quickdraw grip, is a goddamn pain in the ass. Now that I've got it for my Bal, I don't want to use any other weapons anymore lol.

Less than 3 hours of gameplay and I'm already rank 30 lol. I've never actually prestiged in any of the Call of Duty games but I think I will in this one. What do you get for prestiging?

woen

Finished the campaign.

Probably the best with MW1. BO1 is a little below. This is so fun and the narrative is so well-written, I did it in one fucking go. SHG are monsters.

RedAssedApe

Banned
man...coming from destiny...gotta get used to the slow movement and aiming while ads. been losing a ton of gunfights because of not accounting for that and adsing before getting my reticle on the enemy

RyudBoy

I've only played MP on the 360 version so far, but the game feels weird compared to past COD games. For example, the aiming feels way heavier than before. I always had my sensitivity set to 4, but in this game, I had to crank it up to 7 for it to feel decent. I still haven't gotten used to it yet. Oh well, enough complaining. I'll adapt after I give it some time.

b0bbyJ03

Sounds awesome, just wish you guys were on Xbox one

I hear ya. We used to play COD black ops in private matches most of the time on xb360 and it was so much fun. Been playing mostly battlefield the last few years. looking forward to coming back to COD for a bit. It's been years

Walked into my local Asda and picked up a copy today. Apparently they were only going to fill preorders originally but management decided to sell copies to anyone who asked for one. Came with a free COD beanie as well.

Played a couple of hours and it's a lot of fun. Once you get to grips with the boosting, movement becomes pretty fluid.

You can die pretty fast, but to be honest, I think the streams I watched yesterday were being played by folks who just weren't particularly good at the game.

woen

What difficulty?

I started with the 2nd most difficult level but I accidentally lowered the level 2 times when reloading checkpoints so I finished the game in easy mode (which is really easy but fun). It took me exactly 6 hours.
I will certainly do it a 2nd time to collect the intel and try veteran since no level is upsetting or bad-designed imho.

Krakn3Dfx

Now that i bought the first CoD game in my time, i can't act like a snob gamer anymore :'(

This is my first time buying into it Day One, I've picked up copies later in their lifespan for half the price just for the campaign, which I usually enjoy.

Planning to jump in for some MP on this one, looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Campaign is great so far, on the "Manhunt" mission now.

It is amazing how the post processing effects (DOF, motion blur, etc.) makes the game go from looking good to holy fuck this looks amazing.

The intro "Induction" is the most graphically amazing thing I've seen on consoles so far. On a whole the game definitely has some last gen roots in it, but damn if that and other set pieces look fucking great. They have an almost CG level of sheen and polish to them.

Unfortunately, I started playing without the patch and all my fucking skill points for SP dissapeared after I installed the patch and went back in. Fuck!!! I had 9, now I have 2 from the last mission I beat. Could have had 12 now!

I got Astro A40s on my PS4 and I can't hear any enemy footsteps is this normal?

I can here them with PS Elites, but they're not as loud as Ghost. I gues They'd be louder once you equip silent pro or whatever is equivalent of that, at least thats how it was in Ghost.

Gotta say, Kevin Spacey in this game is one of the first "hey we got an ACTOR in this game" ploys that has actually worked. I mean, he's playing the same kind of dude he always plays, but he's great.

Top Bottom