• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Can anyone post a pic in the menus of the default brightness on ps4.

This game sucks. It requires you to set a new brightness before you can start the game. Most of the time the default is the calibrated setting if your tv ain't fd.

I'm a click over the third notch, but maybe that is higher than it was to start.

MattyG

Banned
So I played like 3 hours of MP earlier with no lag issues, and now I'm trYing to play with my bro and i can't get any matches without insane lag problems. Tried a match without him and it still happens. Now I'm gonna try to do it without having party chat open, but I doubt that wiLL help either.

Wookieomg

Hey guys I have a question. I was going to upgrade to the Digital Pro Edition for $39.99, as I had already purchased the Day Zero edition.. But now the Digital Pro Edition is a full $99.99 and the only other option is the Season Pass for $49.99. What happened to the Pro Edition upgrade option? :/ I'm on PS4 btw.

Pretty annoyed at PSN and Sony's shit software right now. I've been really busy this weekend so I haven't been able to mess with my PS4 but assumed that COD had preloaded because It's been sitting in my library for awhile and my console was set on standby mode like its supposed to...wrong. My console was locked in that stupid fucking rest mode glitch so nothing downloaded when I finally got a chance to sit down to play it tonight.

Then despite pulling down 50 mbps down stream the downloads been running for about 4 hours and is only 4 gigs in so far despite having paused and resumed it a few times to hopefully get a better connection.

Extremely annoyed.

Really enjoying the campaign thus far, only a few levels in though. Couple of good set pieces and just started on a cool quiet section. Played a match of multiplayer and actually did well and had fun. Not exactly an expert so it was nice.

RyudBoy

I think he was just trying to convince himself out of all the evil he's done. I think it's sad that the man, who was incredibly smart and powerful, couldn't recognize or didn't possess the wisdom at his age to see that no matter what anyone does, or how far the world so-called "progresses", the fundamentals of humankind will not change and the world will always be a crappy place.

Or at least that's what I got out of the moment.

He could have chosen to repent after doing just 1 more evil thing, haha.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hey guys I have a question. I was going to upgrade to the Digital Pro Edition for $39.99, as I had already purchased the Day Zero edition.. But now the Digital Pro Edition is a full $99.99 and the only other option is the Season Pass for $49.99. What happened to the Pro Edition upgrade option? :/ I'm on PS4 btw.
I was wondering about this too. I assumed the $39 upgrade was a pre order promotion only.

Vidpixel

I like how my best multiplayer game so far was my very first match. I feel like I've gotten progressively worse since then lol. Also, good lord Sledgehammer, patch the mic chat size and placement. It's freaking huge and all in your face for no reason.

sn00zer

How is the campaign? Game looks a lot like Crysis 2, not that that is a bad thing at all. Also is there any 60 fps single player footage around?

Toa TAK

Banned
Wondered the same thing. Of course, he got out after everything had gone down.
Sure. But it's funny, because after everything that happens in this game, that was the ONE thing to make me go, "Wait--that makes no sense."
How is the campaign? Game looks a lot like Crysis 2, not that that is a bad thing at all. Also is there any 60 fps single player footage around?

It's good. Much better than that POS Ghosts. Better than MW3, too.

High production values and a not terrible story. It's a lot of fun.

Jaeger

I have no clue how to unlock all the cool looking armory pieces. Helmets, and stuff.

Anyone, I'm enjoying the hell out of this. First solid CoD in years.

plc268

I'm liking the game, but good god it's murder on my hands and wrists. Dash/Sprint should seriously be rebindable away from L3, as it just sucks to constantly have to click it in.

Red Comet

Pretty annoyed at PSN and Sony's shit software right now. I've been really busy this weekend so I haven't been able to mess with my PS4 but assumed that COD had preloaded because It's been sitting in my library for awhile and my console was set on standby mode like its supposed to...wrong. My console was locked in that stupid fucking rest mode glitch so nothing downloaded when I finally got a chance to sit down to play it tonight.

Then despite pulling down 50 mbps down stream the downloads been running for about 4 hours and is only 4 gigs in so far despite having paused and resumed it a few times to hopefully get a better connection.

Extremely annoyed.

I'm sort of in the same boat. My game was fully downloaded and I played it last night, but now I'm locked out and have to re download, which is going extremely slow despite my fast connection. The single player should be ready to play in a few minutes, so I guess I'll get back to that while the rest downloads.

Have to say I enjoyed the campaign a lot, even though I feel like for all of the changes they made to game play and traversal, they played it really safe design-wise. Instead of a steady progression of exo abilities added to your arsenal, you are only given certain ones per level. Due to the on rails nature of COD campaigns, you are never really able to unleash all the cool moves in interesting ways; feels a little too restricting to me. I also feel like they cheaped out on the soundtrack; where's the adrenaline pumping music? No music during the end credits either? Weak.

Toa TAK

Banned
I dont really have context as I havent played any Call of Duty game SP campaigns since COD2

Well shit. Enjoy yourself then.

I think you'd be better off playing COD4 first, but either way, it's still a blast.

COD4 still has the best third act. That game knew pacing and escalation, and it did that by bringing you down in the mud, dragging you, and pulling you up at the bitter end.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
That's really disappointing if so... I expected the Upgrade path to remain at least until launch day tomorrow. :/
I really hope it just a glitch or something. The web store currently gives me the option to purchase the Day Zero edition despite owning it, so maybe there's hope for us yet.

I had some time to play yesterday, and I'm enjoying it. The campaign seems cool, and the multiplayer is frantic, but fun. The maps seem really solid, too. I'm playing on PS4, and usually there is one or two players per match with low ping, but my own connection has been good so far.

Cavalier

Banned
Started playing around 6:30pm. Just got done playing at 11:20pm. (for comparison, ghosts only lasted me about 30min on my first run)

This game good. Exo good. Me good. Sleep good. Bye.

Wookieomg

I really hope it just a glitch or something. The web store currently gives me the option to purchase the Day Zero edition despite owning it, so maybe there's hope for us yet.

Yeah I saw that too. And I had heard about people having issues with their Day Zero editions needing to be entirely re-downloaded from the networks (both PSN and XBL, iirc), so maybe it's just the storefronts being wonky. Hopefully. Maybe.

Giggzy

This was not on my radar, I hadn't played a CoD since MW2, but I've been watching a twitch stream and damn if this is not appealing...

Complete opposite for me. I haven't played a CoD since black ops, but hearing the glowing reviews for this made me interested. Watched a few twitch streams and immediately got uninterested. The movement looks like a blast, but ugh, seems like you die almost instantaneously when fired upon. The constant cycle of respawn - kill - die is very unappealing for me.

I was hoping I'd feel differently :(

HiiiLife

Yo. I'm impressed with the campaign. Like. This is sweet with all these gadgets. This is the "future" compared to Black Ops 2.

Enjoyed what I've played of MP so far. To be honest, the only real complaint I have is how short the matches are.

Also, the melee is so satisfying. Nothing better than an unexpected shoryuken to the face.

Nowise10

Just finished the campaign on Hardened. SledgeHammer seriously outdid themselves. Not only did I want to actually continue playing mission after mission, but I was generally interested in the story, and what was going to happen next. The graphics are insane in campaign, and the amount of detail literally everywhere is astonishing. Never thought I'd play a Call of Duty game like this.

Kevin Spacey could've had more facetime if I had to complain, though.

And now I need sleep. I've gotten like less then 3 hours of sleep in the past 30 hours because of this game.

newsguy

Just finished the campaign on Hardened. SledgeHammer seriously outdid themselves. Not only did I want to actually continue playing mission after mission, but I was generally interested in the story, and what was going to happen next. The graphics are insane in campaign, and the amount of detail literally everywhere is astonishing. Never thought I'd play a Call of Duty game like this.

Kevin Spacey could've had more facetime if I had to complain, though.

And now I need sleep. I've gotten like less then 3 hours of sleep in the past 30 hours because of this game.

How long was the full campaign??

I don't have any interest in multiplayer online shooter so I generally play games like this for their SP campaigns only. Is this game worth getting just to go through the SP campaign?

Vidpixel

Nope. Left Stick Click is sprint, as usual, and it's also the dash when you're in air. It's a super useful button button that should be bound elsewhere.

Idk, while it takes some getting used to, I think the binding of the exo movements to the left stick feels pretty natural.

Kemal86

Wow, this is downloading slow as balls on PSN right now. I have a decently fast wired Ethernet connection and It's using only a fraction of that.

Top Bottom