• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

I really want to like this game, but the fact I'm having so many connection issues is frustrating to no end. Having to lobby hop to have a decent connection shouldn't be a meta for this game. I also didn't play Ghost, but I've heard other people had similar issues. For all other CoD's I never had a problem, but its frustrating to just fall over or not even get hit markers on a kill cam when on my screen they should have been dead.

In BF3 and BF4 I could at least choose Eastern servers to avoid this:
xQaeiTb.png

MAX PAYMENT

Does anyone else play call of duty and never make it to the score streaks?
I work the objective pretty hard but die so much I never get to see anything past a UAV.

Should I play differently or just drop score streaks from my load outs?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Not sure about you guys, but I'm fucking loving the SP. Just finished the mission
Utopia
and I really love how it's unfolding. :)

I had a lot of fun with it. Over the top in the best of ways.

Favorite levels
assassinating Hades, and infiltrating Spacey's home stealth segment

Cj01

Guys I love this game so much. My only problem now is I cant imagine playing COD again with out the exo skeleton suits. You think Treyarch will use them in the next game?

benjarnin

Neo Member
Playing some MP, feels really blackops2-y, love it. I feel that you are actually rewarded for being good in this game unlike ghosts.

aravuus

Guys I love this game so much. My only problem now is I cant imagine playing COD again with out the exo skeleton suits. You think Treyarch will use them in the next game?

Hope not. Like or dislike the exo stuff, I want Treyarch, SG and IW to all do their own thing

GravyButt

I work the objective pretty hard but die so much I never get to see anything past a UAV.

Im the same way. Im a huge domination fan, and go nuts from flag to flag. I usually make it up to the second streak, occasionally the third. But ive always wondered the same.

Same! Idk what they're going to do but I can't go back to normal CoD. My group wanted to play some classic playlist and it was so odd trying to navigate the maps stuck on the ground all slow. I don't think CoD can ever go back.

jedimike

Did the xbox one version seriously not get dedicated servers? Now this is something to really bitch about if true. Fuck resolution differences, i'd like some dedicated servers please.

Agreed. I know they think they got the netcode for P2P dialed in but it is glaringly obvious for those of us with great internet connections when we "get" to be host.

I'm sure Microsoft lets them use Azure so dedicated servers should be a given.

Jrs3000

I really want to like this game, but the fact I'm having so many connection issues is frustrating to no end. Having to lobby hop to have a decent connection shouldn't be a meta for this game. I also didn't play Ghost, but I've heard other people had similar issues. For all other CoD's I never had a problem, but its frustrating to just fall over or not even get hit markers on a kill cam when on my screen they should have been dead.

In BF3 and BF4 I could at least choose Eastern servers to avoid this:
xQaeiTb.png

Ps4?

Agreed. I know they think they got the netcode for P2P dialed in but it is glaringly obvious for those of us with great internet connections when we "get" to be host.

The devs said their would be dedicated servers. People have been posting issues but not saying what system they are on. I haven't had a issue with the game on xb1 all my games have been good, 0 host migrations or anything of the likes after playing a few hours today.

nikos

I'm still so torn on which version to put my time into, PS4 or PC. I've purchasd both and keep going back and forth between them.

PS4: Comfy couch, big screen, super smooth FPS, possibly friends playing.
PC: Much better control but slightly less smooth performance.

I could technically connect the PC to my TV for the campaign, but I might as well just finish it on PS4 at that point. Ugh.

Hope so, and I hope all the campers in exo make their way over to classic so they can all camp together.

I also hope the next game doesn't give away your position when using the exo suit, double jumping, dash etc.

It's absurd. And no one here is making a stink about it. It's all about resolution resolution resolution when that means literally nothing.

Here we are in 2014 and still no dedicated server for one of the biggest FPS franchise. Unbelievable.

Ps4?

The devs said their would be dedicated servers. People have been posting issues but not saying what system they are on. I haven't had a issue with the game on xb1 all my games have been good, 0 host migrations or anything of the likes after playing a few hours today.

Yah? can you link me to that info. This may hold me back from purchasing the game.

I have a hard time seeing enemies, it feels like they just blend into enviroments too much on most maps. I started using the Target Enhancer sight and it's helping, but i'd rather not use it.

Hurley

Man my connection has been terrible today, my ping keeps jumping all over the place and I seem to just die instantly.

From what I've read in here people with similar issues have the PS4 version?

Jrs3000

It's absurd. And no one here is making a stink about it. It's all about resolution resolution resolution when that means literally nothing.

Here we are in 2014 and still no dedicated server for one of the biggest FPS franchise. Unbelievable.

Yah? can you link me to that info. This may hold me back from purchasing the game.

It was confirmed on reddit but now that I read it again the question was open and didn't specify between consoles or PCs so all they said was yes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CodAW/comments/2l3s4z/call_of_duty_advanced_warfare_ama_with_shgames/

RE_Player

Game feels great so far.

Just got to the whole "pay your respects" part. People on twitter are blowing it out of proportion. Is the button prompt silly? Yeah kinda. Is it tasteless? Absolutely not. The reveal it gives for your character and the transition to the next mission is masterfully done.

BokehKing

Banned

Select care package, personalize it so score after death goes towards it, this will cost you another 600 points, +50 if you want an re-roll

If you're average/below average like me, you can get it 1 to 2 times a domination match

MrBlonde

Tons of connection issues on the Xbox one. Red bars, lag! The game is a ton of fun when its running smooth, they need to fix the connection issues soon, I thought this had dedicated servers?

other then that the game is fun, love the movement and like some of u said I can't imagine cod without the exosuits now.

Should I get a hard copy or digital is fine for the ps4.
I wanna play it but I'm too lazy to drive to Walmart.

Get it on disc, the servers are getting so hammered right now you probably won't finish on time if you plan to play like right now even if you have awesome Internet speed. If you don't then comfortable don't get out of your sit digital edition then.

Krakn3Dfx

Should I get a hard copy or digital is fine for the ps4.
I wanna play it but I'm too lazy to drive to Walmart.

I bought digital and have been sitting with a "Installing Content" message in-game w/ a 5+ hour countdown when I try to access the multiplayer. Singleplayer is fine tho, maybe since that was what I chose to dl first? I dunno.

So much for Double XP Monday I guess.

jackdoe

Man, the multiplayer is so spotty and it's making MP matches inconsistent as hell. It's not as bad as Ghost, but c'mon. I was expecting something closer to Black Ops 2.

J-Rzez

I have to agree. It's 2014, there's no excuse for this terrible of p2p like latency issues. I passed on the last few CoDs because of them not feeling like mw1/2, poor respawns, and crappy latency but this one takes the cake. Glad I didn't go digital because I feel like I'm trading this one in shortly. They just can't make another mw1/2, CoD is dead to me unless I have some major revelation.

Destiny despite its massive flaws is the best shooter out there this year. It's gameplay and feel is superior.

Boxcar

Neo Member
So humbling getting back into COD after a long time away. I'm getting stomped but enjoying it. No issues on PS4 so far.

Realyn

Just realised, I didn't curse once at a bullshit death until now. Not once! Roughly 10 hours into the game on PC. The PC version is so perfect and fluid. And looks fucking amazing.

Top Bottom