• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

baphomet

I picked this up on a whim. I'm super happy with it so far. I got up to level 11-12 in 3 matches though which is quicker than usual, but I'm having fun so far. Started on the campaign and it actually looks pretty great as well. Sledgehammer definitely should be at the reigns of cod from now on.

Vidpixel

I picked this up on a whim. I'm super happy with it so far. I got up to level 11-12 in 3 matches though which is quicker than usual, but I'm having fun so far. Started on the campaign and it actually looks pretty great as well. Sledgehammer definitely should be at the reigns of cod from now on.

Double XP all day long is why haha. But yeah, I leveled up like 6 ranks my first match.

HiiiLife

Just finished the campaign on Hardened. SledgeHammer seriously outdid themselves. Not only did I want to actually continue playing mission after mission, but I was generally interested in the story, and what was going to happen next. The graphics are insane in campaign, and the amount of detail literally everywhere is astonishing. Never thought I'd play a Call of Duty game like this.

Kevin Spacey could've had more facetime if I had to complain, though.

And now I need sleep. I've gotten like less then 3 hours of sleep in the past 30 hours because of this game.

I'm a couple missions in and man. Its sweet. I can't help but feel they paid homage to infinity ward with the whole
training sequences with the scoreboard. It really reminded me of the obstacle course off MW.
Shit. Calling it Advanced Warfare makes me feel like they're paying homage to em in one way or another.

Welp. I am highly unimpressed.

New year, same CoD.

I have to give them some credit for deviating from the formula a little bit with the exo-suit maneuvering.

Makes you wonder though - it's awfully similar to TitanFall's movement, but not as fluid. Surely there are people at Sledgehammer that knew what Respawn was cooking. Was it too late to do something different from them?

Because as it stands, AW's multiplayer is the same old CoD with some attempts to copy TitanFall that just fall flat.

Not home for a little while still but does anyone that's plays on pc remember any of the fixes for mouse acceleration issues from ghosts? Not too sure if mouse acceleration is my issue as I don't really know what it is but it's all google brings up when I search for cod mouse issues.

Basically when I am running around and do a sharp turn or flick with the mouse it goes way further then I want it too often resulting in me suddenly facing and running into a wall or sometimes complete opposite direction. Driving me nuts.

Only sensible suggestions I found was disabling steam overlay and disabling programs like fraps, I've done both and will test tonight.

stufte

Welp, I'm stuck in a corner at a checkpoint near the end of a mission. Reload. Still stuck. REALLY don't want to restart the mission, but it looks pretty impossible to get unstuck at this point.

Ugh.

Got bottom-paged so i'll ask again.

I pretty much only play these games for the SP campaign. Is AW's SP campaign good enough to spend the $60 on?

I'll probably trade in my Destiny disc for AW, so actually it would be less than $60 haha

Ambient80

Absolutely loving MP so far. The MP11 gun is by far my favorite up to this point. All the gadgets and the new movement abilities make this way more varied and interesting. I also enjoy the "perk" system with scorestreaks. I'm gonna be sinking a ton of time into this for sure.

Also my own anecdotal experience, I've had zero connection issues on PS4 this far.

Just finished the campaign. Well, I can easily say that's more than made up for the bitter taste in my mouth that was Ghosts. Sledgehammer really did good for a first solo attempt.

Tried a few multiplayer matches earlier and seems to be okay. I'm probably not going to spend hours upon hours in it as I'm a guy who plays CoD mainly for the campaign.

But yeah, more than impressed. Happy with what I got out of it, if albeit (ending spoilers)
saddened they killed off Irons, inevitable as it was - would have loved more Spacey, especially seeing it's now set up for sequels

Feeroper

I bought the 360 digital version this morning but it doesn't appear to be unlocked on my XB1. I wanted to get the digital upgrade.

Has anyone successfully bought the 360 digital game and got their XB1 version to start downloading? Hasn't anyone here tried this other than me (for the xbox platforms specifically)?

krpiper

Stick with the BAL until you get used to the game, there is a learning curve for once

I am getting destroyed I didn't play Titanfall so I am having difficulty looking vertically and horizontally :(

I like the extra movement though its fun to fight on rooftops and stuff

To be fair I have never been super great at FPSes

Toa TAK

Banned
But yeah, more than impressed. Happy with what I got out of it, if albeit (ending spoilers)
saddened they killed off Irons, inevitable as it was - would have loved more Spacey, especially seeing it's now set up for sequels

Yeah, I didn't think they would kill him off like that, especially since sequel city was SO obvious beforehand. I figured he would've been the AW's series main antagonist or something, akin to Makarov.

I've been experiencing lag all afternoon on PS4. Looking at the scoreboard, the connection ratings fluctuate like crazy every 3-5 seconds for everyone in the lobby. How I go 30-10 to 11-27, I don't know. But this shit is REALLY ruining the fun.

MattyG

Banned
Well since MP is super laggy right now, I've been playing SP all night. I love the campaign, reminds me of BO2's future segments but stepped up a notch. I'm about 4 levels from the end, and the only thing I haven't liked so far was SPOILERS for about 2/3 or 3/4 of the way through
Irons' UN speech. It felt a little bit weird. It just starts as "I'm a benevolent CEO, thank you for inviting me to be a member of the UN, oh and by the way I'm not making WMD's because I ALREADY DID AND YOU CAN'T DO SHIT TO STOP ME SO SUCK IT MUAHAHAHAHA".
I didn't hate it, it just felt a bit odd at the time.

The more I think about it though, that scene is probably
written like that to show that he now has so much power that he can do whatever the hell he wants.

Hamlet

Yeah, I didn't think they would kill him off like that, especially since sequel city was SO obvious beforehand. I figured he would've been the AW's series main antagonist or something, akin to Makarov.

Well we didn't see his dead body and with how crazy this series can get sometimes there's always a chance he could come back and do a ghosts on us.
Cyborg Spacey villain for AW2.

v1lla21

HBRa3 is my new favorite gun. That baby packs a punch. I've used it in 3 matches so far and I've accumulated 84 kills.

Was able to bring my kd to 1.04. Not the best but I feel like I have the hang of the game now.

ryushe

So wait, on the PC you can't just download the single player portion of the game and play it? I HAVE to download multi, too?

Toa TAK

Banned
Well we didn't see his dead body and with how crazy this series can get sometimes there's always a chance he could come back and do a ghosts on us.
Cyborg Spacey villain for AW2.
Oh man, I hope not. Lol

But it strikes me as a wasted opportunity. Also super jarring there was no end cutscene.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
New year, same CoD.

I have to give them some credit for deviating from the formula a little bit with the exo-suit maneuvering.

Makes you wonder though - it's awfully similar to TitanFall's movement, but not as fluid. Surely there are people at Sledgehammer that knew what Respawn was cooking. Was it too late to do something different from them?

Because as it stands, AW's multiplayer is the same old CoD with some attempts to copy TitanFall that just fall flat.

I was not hyped at all for the game. Then I got a late push of hype for the campaign. Turns out I don't really like that either. Played multiplayer and was bored within 4 matches. Sigh.

Spent some time with the campaign and had a fun time. Do not like the out of bounds crap. So much time on that third mission running around taking out guys only to walk behind a truck for cover and get an game over. Sorry, didn't know I had to stay right next to my squad in a circular death trap.

HiiiLife

What's everyones kd? Just so I can gauge either

a. How shitty I am

Or

b. How hard this game is

Good god I hope its the latter

MercuryLS

Banned
Played through the campaign, pretty fun, the ex powers are cool! MP is really nice too, the map design is great, guns feel great, the boost jump gives you great options to engage. First match 2:1 K/D, off to a good start.

DTU

Banned
Helped me a lot
q5ZaYbT.png

This is completely wrong. There's no double click, and holding boost jump is the same as pressing.

Hamlet

Oh man, I hope not. Lol

But it strikes me as a wasted opportunity. Also super jarring there was no end cutscene.

Haha yeah it was jarring as hell as Mitchell gives off a speech about how its not over yet and then it just ends, pretty underwhelming ending to what was a fun campaign. Suppose gotta make room for a sequel and at least it wasn't as dumb as the Ghosts ending.

Just wondering about the preorder bonuses for this game. Can you later unlock those preorder bonus guns within multiplayer if you didn't preorder the game?

Also is there some level of consensus on which gun's the best in the game? I know people realized the AKs ruled in Blops 1 and 2..

v1lla21

What's everyones kd? Just so I can gauge either

a. How shitty I am

Or

b. How hard this game is

Good god I hope its the latter

I started to pay attention to maps more and where I would die more frequently because of campers and it actually helped out quite a bit. Kill Confirmed, TDM, and Hardpoint will be the only modes I ever need in CoD. Uplink is cool too though.

maneil99

Just wondering about the preorder bonuses for this game. Can you later unlock those preorder bonus guns within multiplayer if you didn't preorder the game?

Also is there some level of consensus on which gun's the best in the game? I know people realized the AKs ruled in Blops 1 and 2..

Pre order guns are just different looking, stats are the same. BAL seems to be the most used for AR, might be because its the default. The akimbo SMG's SUCK

Top Bottom