• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Euron

Bought the game and played through the first two levels and some of the multiplayer. For starters, the graphics are amazing. The cutscenes in particular are the best I've ever seen. The first level felt like typical CoD but the second level was a nice surprise. I'm optimistic going forward.

Kill times in the multiplayer pissed me off a lot at first but I'm starting to get used to them. Maps have been okay so far. I love the traversal mechanics and verticality though. So far, I've only played Domination, Search, and TDM. The increase in rounds to win Search surprised me but I really like the game mode with the new mechanics. Overall the game feels similar to previous COD games but very different at the same time.

Is it just me or did they change the game up? At work we had a big AW display set up, and a tourny going on, and I was impressed at how fast the game was.

BokehKing

Banned
Ugh.... Why do I want to buy this for my xbox1 as well?

Oh yeah, because my ps4 controller only stays charged for 4 hours.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow
And to think, day 1 only starts tomorrow

Did we ever hear total # on x1 leaderboard yet? This afternoon ps4 was at 525k

(momentum =best game type btw)

Just got it today, I've played 5 or 6 matches so far and it's been laggy for me, with pretty bad hit detection to go with it. I've played several different shooters since I skipped over ghosts and CoD continues to be the only game that gives me any real severe issues when it comes to lag. Also while weapon handling feels okay, for the first time in the series it feels like a CoD game has been surpassed by other games when it comes to gunplay. The maps seem pretty good though, and have definitely made a better impression to me than the ones in Ghosts, and the vertical gameplay makes it feel like the first distinct CoD in a while. I'll play again later and hopefully the lag dies down, but so far the game is pretty "meh" to me.

This game is fast paced, I kind of missed CoD4 slower paced gameplay where you could think about your action but I am still happy. Played for hours then I put down the game without being upset or tired of it. It's a great blend for casual gamers who need their CoD.

vilmer_

Ugh.... Why do I want to buy this for my xbox1 as well?

Oh yeah, because my ps4 controller only stays charged for 4 hours.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow
And to think, day 1 only starts tomorrow

Did we ever hear total # on x1 leaderboard yet? This afternoon ps4 was at 525k

PS4 is over 800k now, the bone is probably up there as well.

GravyButt

Am I the only one that has had 0 problems digitally? Few of my friends bought digital as well and still havent gotten to play yet.

Tbh im usually a disc guy, but i cant drive anymore until my seizures straighten out, and ups/usps usually dont show up till like 630pm

Anywho, makes me concerned for my future games cuz I also digitally preorderd a few other games.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Hey... this is fun :D!

I can't believe it has no dedicated servers. Come on Microsoft.. all that "cloud power"

kanuuna

I want to get the EU version because by my mistake i bought the US and the content doesn't go to my EU at all. I tried everything and even spoke with playstation it is region locked.
I'm not sure how DLC works with accounts between regions in the case of Call of Duty, but I haven't had any problems playing the US PlayStation Store digital version that I pre-ordered on my EU (primary) account. Multiplayer seemed to work fine for the few matches that I played.

Am I the only one that has had 0 problems digitally? Few of my friends bought digital as well and still havent gotten to play yet.

Tbh im usually a disc guy, but i cant drive anymore until my seizures straighten out, and ups/usps usually dont show up till like 630pm

Anywho, makes me concerned for my future games cuz I also digitally preorderd a few other games.
I had absolutely no problems digitally. Purchased the game at noon and by the time I returned from work at midnight I could select and play the game. Flawless for me.

-griffy-

Banned
I believe this is the first FPS on PS4 since Killzone to utilize the controller's awesome stick sensitivity and feature no deadzone. Feels great.

Ps4?

The devs said their would be dedicated servers. People have been posting issues but not saying what system they are on. I haven't had a issue with the game on xb1 all my games have been good, 0 host migrations or anything of the likes after playing a few hours today.

Yes. PS4.

Different reddit posts seem to show a common mix across platforms. It is probably on the user end considering how well it is going for a majority of people, but unfortunately there isn't much I can do from my end.

Mik2121

People saying the network is shit on day one... it's like nobody really learns.
Sure, they should have been able to set up all the servers to hold all the load, but this happens with pretty much any game out there.

Wait a few days until you decide to call the game's network broken. I personally have never had a single issue with any COD game once they release here in Japan and I stop having to play with people from Europe or the US (2 week wait this time).

I'm level 22 now and still loving the game. The TKK still feels a tiny bit too short (why do people use high and low to describe this, its a measure of time) but much better than Ghosts. I've actually managed to take damage, turn around, and kill my attacker.

Also I love the EM1 Quantum. It sucks without any attachments but once you get a stock, quickdraw handle, and vertical grip it is amazing.

Red Comet

Um, what exactly the hell is going on? I played the game fine at midnight last night, and now I finally have a chance again to play it tonight, but when I go to play I'm given another countdown timer that ends in almost 4 hours!?!? PS4 digital version.

Alright, this is beyond fucking infuriating. Does anybody know a workaround?

Looks like the only thing I can do is redownload the whole damn thing. What an absolute joke. Day Zero my ass.

Rizzi

Man, not that I'm an achievement fanatic or anything, but it'd be nice if the game acknowledged that I beat it. :(

Pat_DC

Sure, they should have been able to set up all the servers to hold all the load, but this happens with pretty much any game out there.

I am hoping it's day one jitters and I've been trying out SP instead. Though I never had any issues with past CODs on launch day and nothing any where near as bad as this on any other game (BF4 included).
For a second I thought I was still playing destiny and using my blink skill.

Alchemist

Loving and hating this game at the same time.

Much better than Ghosts, but the TTK feels inconsistent to me. Maybe it's lag, or maybe the I'm just rusty from playing BF4 and Destiny for the past year.

I haven't had any lag issues. I just suck issues. Seriously everyone kills me. It's still fun but I feel like my team wins in spite of me. Lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Wait a few days until you decide to call the game's network broken. I personally have never had a single issue with any COD game once they release here in Japan and I stop having to play with people from Europe or the US (2 week wait this time).

I learned. That is why my vacation is in three weeks instead of this week.

Toa TAK

Banned
Irons let me go when he could have killed me, because he wasn't a "monster".

I think he was just trying to convince himself out of all the evil he's done. I think it's sad that the man, who was incredibly smart and powerful, couldn't recognize or didn't possess the wisdom at his age to see that no matter what anyone does, or how far the world so-called "progresses", the fundamentals of humankind will not change and the world will always be a crappy place.

Or at least that's what I got out of the moment.

Kacho

So multi pretty good right? Still a little weird to me with the jump pack stuff but it really does wash the bad taste out of the mouth left by Ghosts. Supply drops got me excited.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Played a couple hours of campaign. Man, CODs gunplay is really satisfying in this one. Guns sounds feel right, and the feedback is great. I'm really enjoying it.
Yeah, it's pretty fantastic. I've played through the first 3 missions, and I've only been disappointed in two things so far.
1. Sound of the pistol
2. I can't see my feet :-(

Varjis

This was not on my radar, I hadn't played a CoD since MW2, but I've been watching a twitch stream and damn if this is not appealing...

Top Bottom