• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

aravuus

What's everyone's highest killstreak so far? I somehow got to 7 in a TDM game last night. I find myself dying much faster than in previous COD games.

Well I've got the Ruthless medal twice so somewhere between 15 and 19. Mostly due to luck.

I'm gonna stop knifing people altogether. No idea if it's lag or if the range is just way too small, but I've slashed through someone's back a couple of times now just to have him turn around and shoot me in the face.

I'm studying to become a Film Director.

This is my passion.

I am sitting in a lecture right now and all I can think about is being a level 38 and wanting to go back to my dorm and rank up.

This and the MCC will ruin me.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Things fall apart in close quarters, much like BF4 at launch.

At the very least... the servers stayed up and were accessible all night. That's something that Battlefield couldn't get done for... weeks? months?

:)

This game is great so far. One thing that really bothers me is the placement where they display who is talking on the mic. Why does it have to be in the middle and in large text?!

Run and gun on an open field.

That is what it is.

For me:

- there are enemies everywhere
- it is nearly impossible to make a ratio higher than 2:1
- it is nearly impossible to make killstreaks higher than 4
- enemies are constantly popping in your back
- no strategic advantage be gained in maps, every good point has two pathways running in to your back
- as a result my ammo is always running out.
- quick scoping is back
- headset advantage seems to be minimal
- game play is very fast
- you get killed within 10 seconds from your spawn point

Was able to get quite easily 2:1 ratio's in every match for the past 8 years, 4:1 is pretty common, by just playing it a bit slower and not running like a fool. This game seems to be build on running like a fool and punishes everyone who doesn't.

Every time I get killed it feels like a fucking random act of someone popping up in my back or sides.

Not liking it.

I've felt this way more and more since Black Ops. I got Ghosts for free at launch and it was pretty much the end of the road for me with COD. This game just has no strategy anymore and it's all sprint, shoot, die, repeat. Doesn't matter what gun you use or how you take advantage of the map. Everything just feels random and the maps promote that gameplay. Good if you like it but I feel MW1 and hell even World at War had better multiplayer maps and gameplay. Doesn't seem like they'll ever go back to it, unfortunately.

Shit, wish the app worked on my shitty phone i'd look the exacts up lol. Only played maybe 10 games last night after work but it became apparent how important some of these perks are....

I was using Blast Suppressor (not sure on name) to keep me off the radar when using exo abilities.. .which is every few seconds.

Paired with the exo ability Mute which makes you completely silent (at least that what it sounds like to me).

And the B27 with suppressor and that first sub machine gun as a secondary backup in case things got crazy. (helps with ammo too running two primaries)

What is exo mute?

There's blast suppresor which prevents your exo movements from showing you on the map.

But I don't see any perk or ability called mute.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
This game is great so far. One thing that really bothers me is the placement where they display who is talking on the mic. Why does it have to be in the middle and in large text?!

And there isn't an option to turn it off. :( I scoured the menus yesterday trying to figure that out.

realcZk

multiplayer for me is the same old calladuty. jumping is cool but I really don't feel like it adds anything significant.

the campaign is one of the better campaigns in recent calladuties, actually enjoying it. cgi spacey is pretty good, even if he has dead eyes.

Grady

First cod I ever played not on the 360. (have a ps4) And I bumped my ISP from 1.5 mbps to 25 mbps. So fluid and crisp. Will be hard to go back to classic cod after this. Love the new movements.

alterno69

Banned
What's everyone's highest killstreak so far? I somehow got to 7 in a TDM game last night. I find myself dying much faster than in previous COD games.
Mine is 10, the game invites you to run and gun but i find that's not a proper tactic for me, i tend to look for high places whit a good view of high transit areas, stay there for a minute maybe and move to the next spot. I've managed to improve my K/D greatly and stay alive much longer that way. I only play TDM.

Spartix

Man these latency issues I'm having on pc are killing me. Every game I join into i consistently have a 2 bar connection. I thought it may be my internet so I tried other games and a speed test everything was working more than fine. I have no idea If the matchmaking is just not working as intended and matching me with people really far away.

It really really sucks though I am liking the game quite a bit but its making me tempted to double dip and get the ps4 version. From what I have gathered the connection issues on pc are quite common. Not sure how the consoles are faring though. I hope these dedicated servers come soon enough!

I'm studying to become a Film Director.

This is my passion.

I am sitting in a lecture right now and all I can think about is being a level 38 and wanting to go back to my dorm and rank up.

This and the MCC will ruin me.

its tough times as a student bro...what I do is I take a day off the day these big games drop, completely immerse myself, then just fall back and handle my business. We've got thanksgiving and christmas break incoming...

Mine is 10, the game invites you to run and gun but i find that's not a proper tactic for me, i tend to look for high places whit a good view of high transit areas, stay there for a minute maybe and move to the next spot. I've managed to improve my K/D greatly and stay alive much longer that way. I only play TDM.

It's hard not to run around because the exo abilities are just so much damn fun though, lol.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
What are your loadouts? I want to try this.

From my memory it's:

Remove all killstreaks, you don't use them for this.

Elite Assault rifle I got in a supply drop (can't remember exact name) - 3 attachments - silencer, foregrip, red dot sight,

Grach pistol (thinking of removing this completely and putting in somethnig else)

Lightweight perk

Overcharge perk

Blind Eye perk

Blast Suppressor perk

Mute Exo ability

3 cards at the bottom related to attachment, 2 perks etc. They automatically select whilst picking the perks.

Dajanksta

Banned
Someone help me on side boost. I have to click down the left stick, hold it down, and go left or right? It seems kinda slow and doesn't always work for me. Easier way?

Exactly! I like to play smart... at a quick pace... but smart and not "rushing". Expecting the other team to run and gun really helps you out. I'll "patrol" like you mention. I'll pick an area of the map... say the entire middle, left to right, covering B flag and patrol back and forth popping off those bouncing around looking to run and gun.

I honestly think this game will favor the smarter, more tactical player with all of the many ins and outs to every area.

I've felt this way more and more since Black Ops. I got Ghosts for free at launch and it was pretty much the end of the road for me with COD. This game just has no strategy anymore and it's all sprint, shoot, die, repeat. Doesn't matter what gun you use or how you take advantage of the map. Everything just feels random and the maps promote that gameplay. Good if you like it but I feel MW1 and hell even World at War had better multiplayer maps and gameplay. Doesn't seem like they'll ever go back to it, unfortunately.

What? WaW was run into a room with 3 bouncing Betty's and two dudes shooting at you, for the entire match. What strategy?

Ensoul

Ok after some research I believe the only way you can see someone's k/d ratio is trying to find his name on the overall leaderboard which is next to impossible. So it seems sledgehammer removed the lobby leaderboard stats and the ability to quicky look at people's starts.

Have to say I have been calling for this for years. People play objective modes to jack up their k/d ratio so they can show off, now there is no point if the only person that can easily see it is yourself.

TheRed

Definitely enjoying this game alot more in Search and Destroy. The abilities and exo moves are more tactical since you have to think about showing up on the map. And since it's not as insanely fast paced I haven't had as much problems with lag.
To me this game shines in this mode, anyone frustrated with team deathmatch should really give it a try.
Plus this game runs at 4K like a charm on PC :D

Jarmel

Banned
The lag is a serious problem. Seems like every year everybody complains about this and Activision's developer of the year continually fucks it up. Somebody needs to run some tests to confirm the extent of the lag and lag comp.

Really makes me appreciate Titanfall's netcoding even with the hitches it has.

E92 M3

The lag is a serious problem. Seems like every year everybody complains about this and Activision's developer of the year continually fucks it up. Somebody needs to run some tests to confirm the extent of the lag and lag comp.

Really makes me appreciate Titanfall's netcoding even with the hitches it has.

Aren't they supposed to turn on the servers or something?

alterno69

Banned
Ok after some research I believe the only way you can see someone's k/d ratio is trying to find his name on the overall leaderboard which is next to impossible. So it seems sledgehammer removed the lobby leaderboard stats and the ability to quicky look at people's starts.

Have to say I have been calling for this for years. People play objective modes to jack up their k/d ratio so they can show off, now there is no point if the only person that can easily see it is yourself.
Yes, this is for the better, i have to confess i rarely try anything other than TDM for fear of getting my precious K/D destroyed.

Game is really fun in MP. Played a few hours yesterday. Loved every minute of it. Slowly getting KD back up to 1:1 after the couple hours of embarrassment.

My memory isn't good enough to remember all the details in a map anymore. Too many FPS and racing games over the years have dulled that for me.

Jarrod38

I really like the addition to the Exo Suit for some reason it just clicked with me and don't have any problems with it. The only thing I don't like about it is the Exo Launcher. I just wish we could throw the grenades instead.

Definitely enjoying this game alot more in Search and Destroy. The abilities and exo moves are more tactical since you have to think about showing up on the map. And since it's not as insanely fast paced I haven't had as much problems with lag.
To me this game shines in this mode, anyone frustrated with team deathmatch should really give it a try.
Plus this game runs at 4K like a charm on PC :D

Yeah, I'm going to try this mode tonight. Sounds like a good fit.

alterno69

Banned
Game is really fun in MP. Played a few hours yesterday. Loved every minute of it. Slowly getting KD back up to 1:1 after the couple hours of embarrassment.

My memory isn't good enough to remember all the details in a map anymore. Too many FPS and racing games over the years have dulled that for me.
At level 42 i think i finally know all the maps or most of them and where i should be going every round.

alterno69

Banned
Not true. One team pinned me down where I was getting spawn killed for 4 lives. I don't know if "spawn camping" counts as map control, but I was pissed off for a while that one team had that map down.
There is map control for sure, of course if your team doesn't work as such you won't control anything. I can picture each map and what areas are best for this.

Not true. One team pinned me down where I was getting spawn killed for 4 lives. I don't know if "spawn camping" counts as map control, but I was pissed off for a while that one team had that map down.

Yeah I've seen this as well, was playing Domination and my team was able to spawn trap the enemy for a quite a while.

Seems like nobody can ever get the spawn system right in CoD titles.

Joco

And there isn't an option to turn it off. :( I scoured the menus yesterday trying to figure that out.

Not sure what platform you're on but on PS4 you can mute all groups or whatever the option is called and it will go away. Or what I did yesterday since I was sick of having to do that every game was just create my own party. Both made it go away. I guess this probably only works when you don't want to hear any chat though, if you do you might be stuck until a patch fixes it (which there should hopefully be).

Top Bottom