• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

E92 M3

I remember people saying the exact same thing after Ghost launched. The exact same wording.

Lol, I'm just repeating what I've heard. I've been tempted to pick this up but now I am not sure anymore. Mostly likely, MCC will better serve me.

DC R1D3R

Banned
damn!

i'm getting shredded like a japanese salad!
maps aren't all that special but game is addictive. back into the fray i go….

Not sure what platform you're on but on PS4 you can mute all groups or whatever the option is called and it will go away. Or what I did yesterday since I was sick of having to do that every game was just create my own party. Both made it go away. I guess this probably only works when you don't want to hear any chat though, if you do you might be stuck until a patch fixes it (which there should hopefully be).

I play with a couple of friends. There's a lot of talk going on between casual convo and calling out spots during the match. It's super annoying trying to look between text to spot an enemy.

Dominator

Been playing a lot of TDM and I'm noticing that the games go by very quickly. Seems quicker than normal. I played a game from the start and it was over in 2 minutes and 56 seconds lol. And the scores were even close, it wasn't a massacre.

Toa TAK

Banned
playing it on Veteran is ridiculous... You have to literally crawl your way to end of the stage. I tried rushing.. but the AI is too damn accurate.

*edit*

I was also getting use to the controls, could be easier now...

Welcome to Call of Duty. It's been like this since the very first game.

LtOrange

Been playing a lot of TDM and I'm noticing that the games go by very quickly. Seems quicker than normal. A played a game from the start and it was over in 2 minutes and 56 seconds lol

By any chance have you been playing a lot of Destiny? I got so used to 15 minute matches w/ 2 minute intermissions, that I forgot how quick CoD mp can be. 3 minutes is a little crazy though.

Dazzler

fired up a few games of TDM last night

The double jump and extra focus on verticality are really jarring in a COD title. It felt like I was playing a less refined version of Titanfall (the way the second jump drags you up instead of you floating up like in Titanfall)

I'm sure I'll get used to it, though

Been playing a lot of TDM and I'm noticing that the games go by very quickly. Seems quicker than normal. I played a game from the start and it was over in 2 minutes and 56 seconds lol. And the scores were even close, it wasn't a massacre.

Play domination, games last 10-15 minutes.

Dominator

By any chance have you been playing a lot of Destiny? I got so used to 15 minute matches w/ 2 minute intermissions, that I forgot how quick CoD mp can be. 3 minutes is a little crazy though.
i have, but I've played a lot of CoD and I'm pretty sure they weren't this fast. I've only played one match so far that's gone passed 5 minutes. I'm not complaining, it's hectic fun and I'm enjoying it a lot but it's definitively even more fast paced then previous years, no doubt due to the Exo suits.

Fox Mulder

I really like the addition to the Exo Suit for some reason it just clicked with me and don't have any problems with it. The only thing I don't like about it is the Exo Launcher. I just wish we could throw the grenades instead.

is the trajectory on grenades different?

Mikey Jr.

What's the gaf consensus so far on this game so far? Better than ghosts is worthless to me. Better or equal to mw2 would mean a lot.

Mp I should say.

D23

I have a feeling im gonna destroy my ps4 analog stick for using it too much. The rubber on it have started to peel off.

Evil Beaver

I take back what I said about TTK, I think it's perfect. It takes skill to keep your cross-hairs on an enemy to take them out. I feel that it's easy to escape if you're getting shot too, just simply slide dash in any direction. 60% of the time it works every time.

My only complaint with the TTK is that when I encounter a small group of enemies I can only take 1 guy down before the others know what's going on and decide to hose me down.

With the super quick movement the Heavy Shield seems almost useless.

What's the gaf consensus so far on this game so far? Better than ghosts is worthless to me. Better or equal to mw2 would mean a lot.

Mp I should say.

depends on what you liked about MW2

none of the streaks in AW are anywhere near as overpowered as they werein that game, and the gun selection isn't as good either

however its a much more balanced game

Boston

The game is definitely fun...But its lacking something...Theres just something missing, some element. I feel like its a little boring/ will get bored with it fast. It has nothing on MW2 or BLOPS1, unless they add in Sticks n Stones, Gun Game, Zombies, and a couple close range maps for free.

Lgndryhr

Has anyone here bought the digital 360 version and got the free upgrade on X1? If so, have you managed to start your X1 downlaod?

I did this yesterday, but it still wants to charge me full price for the X1 version, and I have no idea what to do.

My friend is having the same issue on his xbox one. Anyone have any insight?

Can you not mute all while in the lobby?

I couldn't figure out a way. Why is there not an option in this game to auto mute everyone? I swear the first like TEN games I played there was a guy loudly eating chips into the mic. It was funny but really annoying.

Certinty

Wow the campaign in this is actually pretty good so far, but even on veteran it seems a little easy so far, was hoping for something inbetween 4 and WaW difficulty.

Also I've played every CoD campaign but I thought BO2's campaign was trash so I skipped out on Ghosts. Given that it's quite cheap now is it worth playing through that?

kiguel182

I have a feeling im gonna destroy my ps4 analog stick for using it too much. The rubber on it have started to peel off.

I don't know how the X1's are but the PS4 sticks aren't that good to make the boost movements. Makes my finger hurt after a while.

Ensoul

Mp I should say.

I had more fun with mw2 because for better or worse the game was groundbreaking. Since cod comes out every year not sure anybody will get the same feeling again about a cod game.

Here's is the thing: If I didn't know any better I would think this is black ops 3. So if you're a fan of the black ops games you should like this game.

legacyzero

Banned
What's the best mode online for leveling and for just having a lot of fun?
I'd say Hardpoint or Domination.

This is the first COD I have a below 1 kdr. I usually am anywhere from 1.25-1.5.

Sadface
Yeah, I'm usually a 1.5 - 2.0, but I'm having trouble getting a full understanding of the flow of battle. Plus, I'm having too much fun being pesky and ghostin fools.

M.W.

I lose 100% of 1 on 1 gun fights.

G'damn this MP blows.

This is coming from a decent KD in most of the COD games. The shit net code...ugh.

Nokterian

Goddamn it still in flux that i bought the US version and can't use any of the content i bought over to my EU PSN account. So dumb of me that i can't buy it for a second time on my EU account because they region locked the content between accounts.

i have, but I've played a lot of CoD and I'm pretty sure they weren't this fast. I've only played one match so far that's gone passed 5 minutes. I'm not complaining, it's hectic fun and I'm enjoying it a lot but it's definitively even more fast paced then previous years, no doubt due to the Exo suits.

Yeah, the quick matches are my only "complaint" so far. It doesn't really bother me since I'm enjoying it so much and it doesn't take long for the next match to start.

This is the first COD I have a below 1 kdr. I usually am anywhere from 1.25-1.5.

Sadface

yea this is pretty much my first CoD game since MW2 and even then I only played a few hours of the MP. I guess I should watch some streams for some tips at this point.

HelloMeow

Mp I should say.

It's a great game with a lot of potential. The connection issues need to be addressed. MW2 was much better in that regard.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
What exactly does the Sonics Exo ability in the campaign do? Aside from the audio becoming muted, I can never tell. Is it like a portable Mute Charge.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

Mp I should say.

Well it's my favourite COD easily after MW and BLOPS1 but I fucking hated MW2, i thought it was utter shit so you may feel differently (though MW3 somehow managed to be worse). I love how much it adds to traversal around the map but keeping the same COD gameplay and it feels much more focused on gunplay. I actually feel like you have to pay more attention/be more focused as despite being able to go anywhere so can other folks, I find that exciting. That combination works really well for me.

Flunkie

Banned
Not enjoying this so far. Hope it grows on me but right now I just can't wait for the last BF4 maps. I want CoD4 back. I want an HD remake of CoD4 I think.

ejYHd6H.jpg

Top Bottom